Game of Thrones Revealed

Comments

• Gonna close this thread since we already have a pretty active one going. Feel free to continue the discussion there!

• Interesting. I might just give that game a chance then.

Kingthlayer posted: »

What you've read is wrong. Sure the game isn't as graphically appealing as other games, and the combat is a poorer version of Witcher 2(which

• While there have been plenty of characters to hate in this series, I don't think that morally grey conflict has to equate to every one of them being unlikable. It's a take on how every side in a war can have well-meaning leaders as well as would-be tyrants working with them.

I just don't know...I've never been a fan of GAME OF THRONES, primarily because of the one thing that makes it appealing to everyone else: All

• edited December 2013

Well put. There's enough truly detestable characters with no redeeming qualities but they're rarely given POV chapters, except for one. In that case Martin does an outstanding job conveying the source of her paranoia and contempt in an attempt to rationalise some crazy decisions. Those chapters were fascinating and often hilarious to witness that self-destructive behaviour but ultimately didn't redeem the character in any way. Other than that I wouldn't call any of the other POV characters unlikeable, many of them are flawed and (like Robert Morgan said) compromised in some way, but to me morally grey means the characters think like real humans do, much more appealing than good vs evil

Mikejames posted: »

While there have been plenty of characters to hate in this series, I don't think that morally grey conflict has to equate to every one of them

• um... they can do something pretty simple like higher more people to form another team. Especially with HBO involved, I think they should have the money to do that... why automatically assume the other games will be affected negatively at all?

dvg2016 posted: »

I'm pretty upset. I'm not a fan of Borderlands or GOT so I'm keen on the idea that this will delay the games that everyone is TRULY looking fo

• Law & Order? Not the best example imo.

MegaMoto posted: »

Telltale showing people how to make good games out of television shows since 2012 !

• Do you people think the game will be more along the lines of Tales of Dunk and Egg or the actual Song of Ice and Fire plot?

I think it will be more along the lines of Dunk and Egg. That way we can travel around the world, without making huge decisions that will change the balance of the war and world. However if the latter is possible that would be awesome.

• They could tell us the story of a hedge knight and his squire travelling round Westeros, but I doubt they'll take the one viewpoint approach from the Dunk & Egg stories, I'm sure we'll get multiple characters like the novels and that could be a good one. I'm guessing they won't go that far back in the timeline either as they'll want to make reference to/cameo some established characters from the show (Think it's only Aemon alive then!)

Sejborg posted: »

Do you people think the game will be more along the lines of Tales of Dunk and Egg or the actual Song of Ice and Fire plot? I think it will

• This just in: We are talking about multiple Game of Thrones titles from Telltale:

The multi-year, multi-title partnership between Telltale and HBO Global Licensing is targeted to premiere digitally in 2014 with an episodic game series for home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices. Specific platform details are yet to be announced

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/telltale-games-and-hbo-announce-partnership-to-create-games-based-on-game-of-thrones-235049731.html

I think it might be possible to then tell a much more complicated story, were decisions alter the way of the war, and who sits the throne. Telltale might be planning a storyline that from the start is expected to last perhaps 15 episodes.

How do you people like them apples?

• The multi-year, multi-title partnership

We are talking about multiple Game of Thrones titles from Telltale:

Oh no, I don't think we are. Not multi-Season. Multi-title. ;)

So the question is, what HBO series are Telltale going to do in 2015? ;)

This just in: We are talking about multiple Game of Thrones titles from Telltale: The multi-year, multi-title partnership between Tellta

• On Oct 3.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/50862/would-you-support-game-of-thrones-tell-tale-style

I made a thread predicting Tell Tale next game to be "Game of Thrones" it was just a guess, considering the complex personality's. Game of Thrones is more about responses, and unique choices( Like in the TV series) That is one month, before the rumors started to become publish. I'd like to gently toot my own, horn for that.

On a serious note. I don't know how they will do. I want to say, they will do great. However this month, was first time they released, two episodes, side by side. They haven't done a great job. (Spacing episodes out 3 months, total lack of communication) I just really wish they would fix one issue.

The communication. I'm told they even used to respond to posters before the Walking Dead. Now the burst of success, it's been a total black out. Their is a difference from pandering to your fan base, and having open communication with them.

• I know a lot of people want to influence the whole world of GoT on an epic scale, and it would be the main hook for new sales I guess, but personally I hope they keep the story "small" and personal. Most people loved TWD because it focused on Lee and Clem, and these two people were really the main characters and the universe of the show. The GoT universe is very large, and there's so many stories that haven't been told.

I've read all the books, didn't watch the TV show yet past S1, but imo the books get the job done well, and part of it's power is how stuff you don't like happens. I'd rather have something to add to this experience than play the same story, only different. Knowing TTG, I don't think I have to be too worried.

• edited December 2013

That all might be true. Like I said, enjoying GoT seems to be an acquired taste. The turning point for many viewers, it seems, was the death of a major character at the end of season one. It was the one scene where the series basically said outright, "This is a world where the bad guys not only occasionally win, but constantly win." I don't personally agree with that approach to storytelling, as I think it's just an inverted take on a Saturday morning cartoon where Cobra always knocks the shit out of G.I. Joe. Here's a couple of articles that do a much better job of articulating my problems with the show than I could:

http://www.bhagwad.com/blog/2013/personal/three-reasons-why-game-of-thrones-is-overrated.html/

http://prospect.org/article/game-thrones-and-problem-unhappy-endings

tmsmyth4 posted: »

Well put. There's enough truly detestable characters with no redeeming qualities but they're rarely given POV chapters, except for one. In tha

• A Boardwalk Empire game from Telltale would be pretty awesome in my opinion...

Vainamoinen posted: »

The multi-year, multi-title partnership We are talking about multiple Game of Thrones titles from Telltale: Oh no, I d

• edited December 2013

Both interesting reads, when you bury yourself in the fandom it's healthy to get a different perspective! I disagree with most of it, the arguments hinge on whether you perceive the Starks to be the sole protagonists and the only 'good' characters worth rooting for.

I have issue with the idea that Martin is a sadist and kills characters for no reason:

"I get the feeling that whenever Martin feels like his plot is losing its way or is in danger of being resolved, he just sits down and thinks “Hmm..this can’t happen. Let’s kill someone!” In other words, he uses the death of his characters as a substitute for plot development and for sheer shock value hoping that others will laud him for being “gritty” and “real”."

Without going into spoilers there are numerous examples throughout the books of characters being protected by plot armour, Martin doesn't kill his characters without plenty of foreshadowing and until their arc is complete. Looking back on all the major deaths so far in the series, they all serve a purpose to drive the plot forward which only becomes apparent the further you read. Admittedly I had a similar reaction reading those chapters for the first time, I threw my book across the room and stopped reading for a bit so I completely understand the fan reaction last season. His style certainly won't appeal to everyone and I'm quite shocked just how popular the show has become, maybe we'll see viewing figures plummet after last season!

That all might be true. Like I said, enjoying GoT seems to be an acquired taste. The turning point for many viewers, it seems, was the death o

• Oh no, I don't think we are. Not multi-Season. Multi-title. ;)
    So the question is, what HBO series are Telltale going to do in 2015? ;)

Maybe. Maybe not. Or they could be calling different Game of Thrones titles different things. Perhaps something like Star Craft 2 where you have three games, but with three different perspectives. Three Game of Thrones games with each their subtitle.
    The North Remembers - where you play as Stark.
    Rains of Castamere - where you play as Lannisters.
    Fire and blood - where you play as Targaryans.

I don't really see any other current HBO shows than Game of Thrones being very interesting for Telltale. True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, Sex and The City, Girls, The Newsroom, Veep and what have you would be difficult to take on as a game I believe.

But perhaps some of the planned future tv-shows?
    "The Leftovers" and "True Detective" could probably be turned into games considering their settings.

Or perhaps an old show like Band of Brothers. <- That would be amazing as a Telltale game I believe.

Vainamoinen posted: »

The multi-year, multi-title partnership We are talking about multiple Game of Thrones titles from Telltale: Oh no, I d

• edited December 2013

*Might want to note that those articles have Spoilers.

I don't defend every choice that the story makes (the HBO version especially), but I wouldn't compare it to an episodic "villain of the week" type series. It's meant to be a long term struggle that isn't over yet. Besides, I wouldn't have enjoyed reading it if the entire plot arc was just a miserable one-sided failure after one-sided failure.

Look at how Telltale concluded the first season of the Walking Dead (and every episode for that matter). It ultimately ends in tragedy, but it was beautifully done. Despite all the inevitable low-points of the story I still feel invested to see what happens with these characters in season 2.

That all might be true. Like I said, enjoying GoT seems to be an acquired taste. The turning point for many viewers, it seems, was the death o

• yeah the book is awesome , but if you read the books you know this game cant have 1 or 2 MAIN CHARACTERS ..

I'm really interested in see what's going to come out from this guys , cause this game will probably be one of the most hardest ones they have done , because the story is very emersive and needs a vast of characters ( with betrays , love affairs , etc... )

this can be a huge sucess ( another GOTY ) or a fail :(

i cant wait for more news and for a sneak-peak trailer.. ( the vgx one was nothing )

Seraphim posted: »

I know a lot of people want to influence the whole world of GoT on an epic scale, and it would be the main hook for new sales I guess, but per

• The only problem I have is with the way Telltale is handling release dates (which will lead me to not doing season passes and just waiting till all five episodes come out and buying them all at once). I have no problem with them putting out new games or the gameplay. I found TWD Game entirely on accident while Googling something else about TWD, and I'm glad I did. The episodic nature of the games is a very nice touch.

• Blind Sniper covered pretty well how this isn't going to do anything to delay the upcoming games - Telltale usually has this many games in development anyway, after all. TWD announcement came in the middle of a similar cycle, and I think we can all agree that they didn't screw that up at all.

Speaking of which, I think the actual TWD comic and television franchises are just this side of completely terrible and feel the same way about GoT, but the TT game is just amazing, and I expect the same thing from the GoT game.

dvg2016 posted: »

I'm pretty upset. I'm not a fan of Borderlands or GOT so I'm keen on the idea that this will delay the games that everyone is TRULY looking fo

• Again. I was stunned, when I link exact news and request about tell tale making it, no one barely reply's and it's shut down. Now they say it, and everyone is impressed, eager, gitty, they love the idea to death. Why did no one think of this before they wondered. ...Really..really in any case.

This company made best game of thrones so far. It has choices and different paths. I'm on my 4th Chapter but it's taste what tell tale could do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gCJoHXogkg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUcKAXXMZrC5W80UO3r-0Fpg

• i've heard the story of this game is very good... but it always have bad reviews :S

fusedmass posted: »

Again. I was stunned, when I link exact news and request about tell tale making it, no one barely reply's and it's shut down. Now they say it,

• I heard that too. Then a year later I bought for myself. Don't trust or listen to reviews. It's a good game.

Niels posted: »

i've heard the story of this game is very good... but it always have bad reviews :S

• I'd be a little hesitant to try Game of Thrones. When it comes to high fantasy(George Martin does have an interesting take on how to do magic in a fantasy setting), I'm very much an "action rpg or no get $$" kinda guy. I love games that offer tough choices, or true control over the narrative through choices, but I can't really enjoy high fantasy unless I'm a hero and I'm fighting bad guys, and "Game of Thrones" just screams action rpg. And the problem here is that's not Telltalegames' bread and butter, so I'll be keeping an eye on it, but I'm not sure they'll be making the Game of Thrones game I'd be interested in.

• lol wtf ? for that play skyrim or something like it... Game of Thrones is more Story based than action , how can you play it RPG ? For that try the atlus game and see the result... i think TTG is the best company for a GoT game , because of the style they imput in their games.Decisions , Dark humour , amazing story line, etc..

Hbh128 posted: »

I'd be a little hesitant to try Game of Thrones. When it comes to high fantasy(George Martin does have an interesting take on how to do magic

• Fine whatever. I see the action rpg side of everything. It's got swooaads in it.

Niels posted: »

lol wtf ? for that play skyrim or something like it... Game of Thrones is more Story based than action , how can you play it RPG ? For that tr

• Will Ramin Djawadi make the soundtrack for the game as well?

• He made some truly amazing music for the TV-Show. Examples:

Goodbye Brother

What is Dead May Never Die

You Know Nothing

I hope they will use the music from the show.

Will Ramin Djawadi make the soundtrack for the game as well?

• that would turn the game more epic :) nothing like the original soundtrack

He made some truly amazing music for the TV-Show. Examples: Goodbye Brother What is Dead May Never Die You Know Nothing I hope they will use the music from the show.

• So, according to IGN, Telltale are planning to make GoT a multi-year, multi-season deal. Interesting...

• I'm still playing the game of thrones. It's more story based. Much like Tell Tale's game's, not one ending. It's based on the choices you make. The longer the story goes on, the more interesting it becomes. It's not a polished combat RPG game. Those are interested in the story, that's best game of thrones.

I've play this far.

• edited December 2013

I love the GOT music, one song I wish they used more is await the kings justice. Absolutely fantastic.
    Link

He made some truly amazing music for the TV-Show. Examples: Goodbye Brother What is Dead May Never Die You Know Nothing I hope they will use the music from the show.

• I like the music in the show and the fan covers it has inspired. There's some great Rains of Castamere covers which imo are superior to the version played during the credits after the Battle of Blackwater:

Robertrj7 posted: »

I love the GOT music, one song I wish they used more is await the kings justice. Absolutely fantastic. Link

• btw.. is there any expectation of something new about this game ? something about the story , or release date or maybe a better trailer like borderlands had..

• So... the last episode is coming, it's an awesome game :3

• Did you really just bump this 1.5 year old thread to say that

AstroZombie posted: »

So... the last episode is coming, it's an awesome game

• Obligatory "Thread Necromancy"

So... the last episode is coming, it's an awesome game

• edited August 2015

for the lulz, it felt nostalgic. i didn't even knew telltale existed back in 2013 D:

Did you really just bump this 1.5 year old thread to say that

• They've existed since like 2004 lmao.

for the lulz, it felt nostalgic. i didn't even knew telltale existed back in 2013

• edited August 2015

i was 7 years old in 2004 xD
    and i didn't speak english...

They've existed since like 2004 lmao.

This discussion has been closed.