Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Number 2280 for me!
  • edited October 2009
    I have issue 2063, purchased at PAX!

However, I'm looking at the merch deals here on the site, and I haven't had a chance to purchase the new games. I was very dismayed to find that I could have gotten both seasons of the games AND the book for just a bit more money. The guys at the booth didn't mention it, or the deal was not available in person.

Sad panda.
  • edited October 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    but what is the hardcover good for, if you can't open it? i mean, there's a signature in there you will never see..

With the greatest irony being that it could have no signature inside and be composed of entirely blank pages for all we know but it won't make a blind bit of difference if it's never opened :cool:

Maybe it does?... Then by opening it we'll ruin the mystery :D
  • edited November 2009
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Number 2280 for me!

2283 here, comrade!
  • edited November 2009
    Chuck wrote: »
    Um... what?

Jake designed the book, so he should've gotten a low number. If anyone's curious, mine is #290.

Beat you! I'm 142! Pre-order, baby! (Weren't we supposed to read the comics? Sorry, I didn't know; I can stop reading mine if it's a problem.)
  • edited November 2009
    this ... should i open it, question exists since the dawn of time (of sealed products)

if you open it.. its worth far less.. to be sure.. but you cant read it..
    this is why normally I buy two .. lol
    or buy one and just read my pdf.. either way. I know what steves sig looks like and the art in the book :P

but this goes into like.. LP's ... rare boxes of ceral... toy figures etc.. if you just had not have opened it.. it would be worth 10,000!! but since you opened it... 1000.. AHhh!?

and this is coming from me.. who doesnt intend to sell anything, but I do care to know what something might be .. worth.

I dont open rare lps.. or CE anythings.. as I figure down the road you ruin it for future gens... they will never get that game sealed again because or lame arses opened them all.. butttttt
    thats our choice and we can make it or not.. neiner neiner future peoples lol ahem

I mean.. ahem...

(tosses shovel out of hole he just dug and cries for help)
  • edited November 2009
    2351...a crackpot conspiracy theorist's dream!
  • edited December 2009
    Mines actually in a glass case, so I know what you mean.
  • edited December 2009
    Mine is #2047... or #2049?
    Argh!!! I just forgot!

When I return home I'll check it...
  • edited December 2009
    How many of these are left?
  • edited December 2009
    How many of these are left?

If my list is an accurate representation, not many.
  • edited December 2009
    And it's missing at least one, because I've had another copy for months and I haven't bothered to post the number here. At least, I don't think I did.
  • edited December 2009
    Got my copy today! :D And my lucky number is #2364
  • edited December 2009
    Definitely, mine is #2047
  • edited December 2009
    2379!

and my God, is it ever glorious...
  • edited December 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    If my list is an accurate representation, not many.

Nay, I have number 15.
  • edited December 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Nay, I have number 15.

Updated :)
  • edited December 2009
    My book has arrived today, and it's number 2384!
  • edited December 2009
    Aaaaaaand the store has sold out. Good work, everyone!
  • edited December 2009

*clap clap*
  • edited January 2010
    Number 2393 arrived yesterday....and I'm still thinking about opening it or not :confused:
  • edited January 2010
    Bumble Bee wrote: »
    Number 2393 arrived yesterday....and I'm still thinking about opening it or not :confused:

youre kidding, right? youre not going to read it? see the signature? read the intro? see the artwork?
  • edited January 2010
    Bumble Bee wrote: »

Just like Steve Purcell said: It's nothing sadder than a comic book that wasn't been loved.

Open it! And give to the book some "love"! ^^!
  • edited January 2010

and I now have another Sam & Max limited edition item :)
  • edited January 2010
    Argh!

Became a fan of the series a bit late...so there won't be any more hardback copies ever?
  • edited January 2010
    X-RAY wrote: »
    Argh!

Became a fan of the series a bit late...so there won't be any more hardback copies ever?

Traditionally, that is what limited edition means. ;)
  • edited January 2010
    I have one still in shrinkwrap if anyone wants to pay ONE MILLION DOLLARS! :guybrush:
  • edited January 2010
    I have one still in shrinkwrap if anyone wants to pay ONE MILLION DOLLARS! :guybrush:

Do it. After all, is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
  • edited January 2010
    Hero1 wrote: »
    and I now have another Sam & Max limited edition item :)

And I have, like, 8. (Effigy Mound, Hardcover, statue, several case files)

***CLAIM BRAGGING RIGHTS***

maybe getting Age of S&M for Bday if I can find any!
  • edited January 2010
    I have no 1237 however i'm always afraid to take it anywhere in case I scuff it or something.
  • edited March 2010
    My copy (no. 446) was given away as a gift to an upcoming independent comic artist who's been helping me get my portfolio in order so I can get a second degree in Game Design.

I gave it to her because she recently was introduced to Sam & Max via the Wii and loved the game, but never read the comics. It just felt like the right thing to do, as the hardback edition would have gathered dust instead of being opened and loved as it should be.
  • edited March 2010
    Just wondering what the going price for a hardcover edition stands at nowadays? Not that I'm selling mine. Yet.
  • edited March 2010

Deal! Gimme 10 of them now!

5082d1235527350-zim_front.jpg

(you didn't say what kind of dollars)

* I do have a 100 billion dollar bill, but I'm to lazy to scan it -- you can find an example on Wikipedia
  • edited March 2010
    barchetta wrote: »
    Deal! Gimme 10 of them now!

5082d1235527350-zim_front.jpg

(you didn't say what kind of dollars)

* I do have a 100 billion dollar bill, but I'm to lazy to scan it -- you can find an example on Wikipedia

That's not real money. It's Zimbabwe money. There's a difference.
  • edited March 2010
    I got number 2361
  • edited March 2010
    That's not real money. It's Zimbabwe money. There's a difference.

Plus it's expired.
  • edited March 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Plus it's expired.

Their money expires!? What a shitty country. Good thing I left behind the parasites on land to start an underwater utopia where nothing bad will ever happen.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, they're bearer cheques. I've had some in US dollars and they expired too. (Or was that traveller's cheques? Is there a difference? Oh, right, traveller's need to be signed, right?)
  • edited March 2010
    1760 here...

Damn i wanted 1982 or 2505 at least err wait...
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Well, they're bearer cheques. I've had some in US dollars and they expired too. (Or was that traveller's cheques? Is there a difference? Oh, right, traveller's need to be signed, right?)

I never knew about any cheque is not signed. Those are signed too, if you look closely.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.