Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

Comments

• edited October 2008
    How long does it usually take for the book to ship? It's been a week since I ordered it and it still hasn't shipped, but then again the books are in a warehouse separate from TTG so this could be normal, I dunno :P
  • edited October 2008
    depends on where ya live and what else ya orderedededed'
    If you snagged the soundtrack I think thats backordered for a bit.. waiting on my order for that right now as well!
    The first book I got pretty quickly... I live in California.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2008
    LittleBuddy - your order shipped on the 15th. There was a glitch between us and the warehouse for a week or two and orders that were shipping out weren't getting registered on our site as having shipped. It's all fixed now!
  • edited October 2008
    Oh, It's true, I've not looked at the invoice for a few days but it is updated now. Thanks for commenting, I can't wait :D!
  • edited October 2008
    little buddy! I had a glitch too.. and it ended me up with a low numbered book (prolly random but! heres hoping you get your package sooon!)
  • edited October 2008
    Finally got it today :D! My number is 1504, the year Michaelangelo's "David" was built, if I'm not mistaken :P The quality of the book is pretty impressive, and the few pages I've been able to read are awesome. A good purchase indeed.
  • edited October 2008
    does that mean the soundtracks are shipping? hmm...

also in 1504

February 29 - Christopher Columbus uses his knowledge of a lunar eclipse that night to convince Jamaican tribesmen to provide him with supplies.

well done indeed columbus, its voooodooo i say
    man i hope wikipedia isnt wrong.. a few months ago it told me sinbad died and that was a lie...wiki generation! we areee the wiki generatiioon..

oh sorry..
  • edited October 2008
    Finally got it today :D! My number is 1504, the year Michaelangelo's "David" was built, if I'm not mistaken :P
    The correct term is "sculpted." We artists rarely "build" things.:p
  • edited October 2008
    Hm, yeah, that's the word I was looking for! But being Spaniard and not being sure how it was spelt I went with what I thought similar. Turns out I'd have gotten it right, but oh well :D

PS: The book's VERY funny xD.
  • edited October 2008

Peter Henlein builds the first pocketwatch.
    Construction of the Mary Rose is completed.
  • edited October 2008
    1529!
    you could put down as Kaldire again but the ower will be my brother, Lucianvivant
  • edited November 2008
    How much longer will these be available? I'm planning to get one eventually, and I want to know how long I can procrastinate before I have to take offensive action.
    edited December 2008
    If you want it, don't procrastinate. We still have a few hundred copies, but there's no way to predict how quickly they'll sell. They could be around for a year or they could be gone in a couple of months.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, you're right.... If I don't do it soon, I probably never will.

"Remember, kids, tomorrow never comes!"
    "But today is yesterday's tomorr-"
    "SHUT UP!"
  • edited December 2008
    Ugh, I keep forgetting to mention—I have 1314. One digit away from having both of my sisters' softball numbers! (Would have to be 2314 for that to work.)
  • edited December 2008
    1575 has just arrived to Spain :)!
    DSCN0259.jpg
  • edited December 2008
    awesome, hope to get one for Christmas.
  • edited December 2008
    I got mine a month or so back but only just noticed this thread! My number is 789
  • edited January 2009
    The list is back up. Sorry it's been down for a couple of weeks.
  • edited February 2009
    I got book number 1540

sammaxcover534.jpg
  • edited February 2009
    No mater how you look at it I have number 808
  • edited February 2009
    where the hell are all the early numbas? lol we have a huge gap here :P
  • edited February 2009
    Kaldire wrote: »
    where the hell are all the early numbas? lol we have a huge gap here :P
    Shipping error. Long story, but the short version is that the pre-order box didn't get open when the first shipments were sent out when they were suppose to be sent out.
  • edited February 2009
    so.. they havent been sent out? or wah lol
  • edited February 2009
    For all we know, they probably never opened the box as of today.
  • edited February 2009
    Number 1618 has officially arrived to my house! Sorry for the crappy image. I took it off of a webcam game. XD

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1471
  • edited March 2009
    I got 187, I swear I thought the book was never going to make it out of the printers, was a blast from the past when it arrived :)
  • edited March 2009
    I got 1650 in here today!

The postman (or mailman) wasn't very careful with it though, he squished it through our mailbox (one of those sleeves) so the corners got bent a little bit. He should just have rung the bell and give it personally. :(

Man, what an awesome read. Took me a few hours to finish it, and I easily see myself reading it over and over again (with all the humor and details).
  • edited March 2009
    I beleive mine is either 75 or 57, mine was a gift from steve purcell himself, I got it at comi-con.
  • edited March 2009
    Gift or sold at Comic Con? I doubt this collection would be part of the free swag that place is famous for.
  • edited March 2009
    Zeek wrote: »
    Gift or sold at Comic Con? I doubt this collection would be part of the free swag that place is famous for.

No, Steve Purcell handed me a copy because my original copy was destroyed when I was in iraq, after I had hit an IED. thats why max is holding a burning copy.
  • edited March 2009
    I just ordered a second copy. I'll let you know the number when it arrives.
    Thanks, 50% voucher!
  • edited March 2009
    I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. That 50% sure is tempting.
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah. When I realized I don't have enough wall space for TWO signed prints, I decided to go with the one that most matches my room's colors and replace the second print with a second hardcover Surfin' the Highway. To go with the paperback Surfin' the Highway I had on order already(for rougher, less careful readings!)
    edited April 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    No, Steve Purcell handed me a copy because my original copy was destroyed when I was in iraq, after I had hit an IED. thats why max is holding a burning copy.

Wow, that's a crazy story. Cool that Steve gave you a replacement, though. :D

Many posts ago someone asked why none of the pre-100 numbers had shown up on the list. It's because Steve and Telltale have them. I think 101 is the lowest number that was sent to the warehouse.
  • edited April 2009
    So that's where they were hiding
  • edited April 2009
    A second copy, 1673, is mine!
  • edited May 2009
  • edited May 2009
    Yesterday it arrived at home and I have the 1748...that book it's amazing!I'm happy now ^_^
  • edited May 2009
    #1167 ended up with me here in Sweden.

Although I haven't read it all yet. You have to really extend the fun of reading it for the first time, you know? :cool:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.