Silly IGN.com....

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    That ticking clock is a bit unfortunate. Don't get me wrong, it would be extremely cool if we had an official release date! But since it's all speculation, I agree it sends the wrong impression.

Emily is Nintendo that hard to work with? Everyday I expect the announcement to finally come instead Nintendo releases such classic titles as "Major League Eating" ehh.
  • edited July 2008
    Sterrance wrote: »
    Emily is Nintendo that hard to work with? Everyday I expect the announcement to finally come instead Nintendo releases such classic titles as "Major League Eating" ehh.

Yeah, is anyone at Telltale mad at Nintendo at all? After all, you're basically at the mercy of Nintendo and its inscrutably capricious whims at the moment.
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Yeah, is anyone at Telltale mad at Nintendo at all? After all, you're basically at the mercy of Nintendo and its inscrutably capricious whims at the moment.

Hmm... I could've swore I posted in this topic before.

Anyway Emily already stated an answer to that in another topic, as follows:

"We've had nothing but good experiences working with Nintendo on this project. I don't want people to have the impression that they're dictators pushing us around, because that's not the case at all. I think it's Nintendo's priority as well as Telltale's to release the best Strong Bad game we possibly can. :)"
  • edited July 2008
    Yes... basically on the topic so far, I have two things to really add....

1. There's no defending IGN on their ludicrous release date error. At least I don't see any possible defense. As a supposed "credible" game information site it is their duty to have accurate and factual information on the games they report on.

Instead of wild speculation, they should have done the slightest bit of research. As far as I know, not too many game developing companies have open forums nor be so willing and able to discuss their games and development as openly as Telltale does with an actual open forum and moderators and admins willing to reply directly to posters.

If i'm to believe that IGN can get advance demo copies of games straight from companies that are usually silent to the public, like THQ for instance, then there's absolutely and utterly no reason that someone at IGN.com doing their actual job shouldn't be smart enough to so much as be bothered to look up Telltalegames.com. Absolutely no excuse.

It's a stupid error in the first place, but even that does not change the fact that they simply had NO release date known, and erroneously marked one down anyway, and misled everyone that viewed it who hadn't checked here first. I don't see how on earth they can be defended for something so stupid.

Many games on their site are listed as "To Be Announced" and if they'd done any research at all, or even figured something as simple as checking the website when they claim to have contacts with developers for news updates in general, they would have seen that this is clearly one of the "TBA" titles.

and...

2. People here sure like to make assumptions about both Telltale and Nintendo. Depending on who you ask, either Telltale should "release the game right now instead of making us wait" or Nintendo should "stop bulling Telltale around."

Despite no one having any evidence whatsoever on either of these things being true, and even glossing over things like Emily's posts and Telltales assurance that "we'll let you know", people are turning to either blaming telltale, or alternatively Nintendo, depending on whoever you ask.

Not to be a broken record here, or to be mean or anything.. but I think that I have to re-iterate that maybe people please stop speculating who is to blame and who isn't and just wait pateintely for the game?

We know it's not coming out "just yet". But we all know that it will come out. Until we know more, I think people really should sit on their hands instead of throwing out every wild theory about what the heck might be holding it up at this point.

Patience is a virtue.
  • edited July 2008
    You think it's bad now, just think if Strong Bad isn't on the VC Monday :eek:
  • edited July 2008
    You think it's bad now, just think if Strong Bad isn't on the VC Monday :eek:

well, then i've got bad news for you, because it's never going to be on the virtual console ;)
  • edited July 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    well, then i've got bad news for you, because it's never going to be on the virtual console ;)

Cool it ,theres enough mistakes for everybody.
  • edited July 2008

Well, you see, I mean if you look at it in a certain way, You know sometimes...., Well Wiiware and the VC are you know..., uhhh, WHAT'S THAT?!! *runs away*
  • edited July 2008
    Cool it ,theres enough mistakes for everybody.

ahem.
  • edited July 2008
    I love how people are posting on the IGN forums not understanding why the game's not out yet.
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Yes... basically on the topic so far, I have two things to really add....

1. There's no defending IGN on their ludicrous release date error. At least I don't see any possible defense. As a supposed "credible" game information site it is their duty to have accurate and factual information on the games they report on.

Instead of wild speculation, they should have done the slightest bit of research. As far as I know, not too many game developing companies have open forums nor be so willing and able to discuss their games and development as openly as...

Patience is a virtue.

There are a lot of videogames out there waiting to be released, and a limited amount of manpower to go researching and fixing every little error.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, I second Gary. I imagine it is pretty darn easy for things like that to slip through the cracks. Really not that big of a deal guys.
  • edited July 2008

that was a joke,i did it because bignick said since instead of sense
  • edited July 2008
    "Whoa! Barley Informative? That sounds like some sort of... grain-based super-spy! Barley Informative in: The Wheat of Deception."

I think you just spoiled the premise of the upcoming Telltale series. :D
  • edited July 2008
    Hahaha, IGN Cracks me up. Look at what I saw on their site today

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People -- Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner
    Publisher: Telltale Games
    Platform: PC
    Release Date: July 21, 2008
    Release Region: United States

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People -- Episode 2
    Release Date: December 31, 2008

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People -- Episode 3

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People -- Episode 4

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People -- Episode 5

We're apparantly going to get Episodes 2 through 5 on december 31st! woo! lol

(And yes, I understand the've just put it as that cause they dont know. I just still think its kinda funny)
  • edited July 2008
    Most sites use TBA. Maybe IGN has inside info.
  • edited July 2008
    Tellyn wrote: »

Yeah, inside a cave!... no, that's not funny. *Jedi hand wave* You will forget this post ever happened. *Jedi hand wave*
  • edited July 2008
    *These aren't the posts I'm looking for.*
  • edited July 2008
    Congratulations? If you're looking for posts about SBCG4AP's release date and price, you won't find them here yet, and you DEFINATLY won't find them on IGN.
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    Congratulations? If you're looking for posts about SBCG4AP's release date and price, you won't find them here yet, and you DEFINATLY won't find them on IGN.

somebody needs to watch more star wars.

(and lern2splel)
  • edited July 2008
    Sorry, I'm not all that focused on spelling properly, but at least I spell better than most people on the internet. (Ex. "omg taht waz liek so kul lawl")

Also, what are you getting at with Star Wars? I don't like it.
  • edited July 2008

Ever seen Star Wars?
  • edited July 2008
    Anyone wanna tell me what the hell you're talking about?
  • edited July 2008
    Don't ask me, I have no idea.
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    Yeah, inside a cave!... no, that's not funny. *Jedi hand wave* You will forget this post ever happened. *Jedi hand wave*
    *These aren't the posts I'm looking for.*

Hahaha... Tellyn's joke went right over Tandy 400's head and landed a mile past him. I tried to get you to forget my bad joke by using a Jedi mind trick, and Tellyn quoted a line from the first Star Wars but changed the wording to...Oh just drop it, Tandy doesn't get it. Let's move on. Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them.
  • edited July 2008
    somethread is getting a little off topiiiiiic
  • edited July 2008
    who likes pork? i like pork. mmmmm.
  • edited July 2008
    Anyone wanna tell me what the hell you're talking about?
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Don't ask me, I have no idea.

Oh dear.
  • edited July 2008
    jedi mind trick
  • edited July 2008
    I'm guessing the game won't be out for July then. :(
  • edited July 2008
    don't say thaT!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    don't say thaT!!!!!

That
  • edited July 2008
    *says it*

And, I'm sorry if I don't worship at the altar of George Lucas.
  • edited July 2008
    Eh, don't feel bad. All of the information I know about Star Wars is from MAD Magazine.
  • edited July 2008
    *says it*

don't worry, a lot of star wars fans don't, especially after the disastrous prequel trilogy.
  • edited July 2008
    *says it*

I don't, it was humour. Many people on this forum need to lighten up.
  • edited July 2008
    don't worry, a lot of star wars fans don't, especially after the disastrous prequel trilogy.

It's true.

If the series was handed over to Drew Karpshyn and Matthew Stover, I'd be happy.

Also, honorary mention to Sean Stewart for writing my favorite Clone Wars novel and being the only person I know to write Yoda well but not actually doing anything else.
  • edited July 2008

*waves hand* There was no prequel trilogy.

:D
  • edited July 2008
    waves fist
    there is no strong bad
  • edited July 2008
    Quuux wrote: »
    *waves hand* There was no prequel trilogy.

:D

Oh no. Don't start that again. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.