How did you first find out about HSR?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I first found out when reading a gaming magazine called NGamer (UK) and I saw a game called SBCG4AP, so I did some research, and now I'm here, oh and NG also did a really cool interview with TTG, and included a lady with the name 'Emily Morganti' wonder who she is...
  • StrongMatt wrote: »
    oh and NG also did a really cool interview with TTG, and included a lady with the name 'Emily Morganti' wonder who she is...
    She sounds Scary! *hides in terror*

Cool stories, everyone!
  • edited August 2008
    My brother's friend told my brother, he told me.
    First thing I watched was the "The Luau".
    My brother came in and told me the cartoons were alright, but the Strong Bad emails was what it was about, he clicked on "Japanese Cartoon", been hooked since. :D
  • edited August 2008
    My friend showed it to me a few years ago.
  • edited August 2008
    About 2 months ago, I read about SBCG4AP in EGM magazine, and was intrigued.
    I watched Strong Badathlon, and have become a fan since.
    Likewise, I learned about Sam & Max waiting for SBCG4AP.
  • edited August 2008
    I was first linked to the "Teen Girl Squad" Strong Bad Email in mid 2003. Then a friend of mine introduced me to the site and then I found out that Strong Bad was a character in Homestar Runner's universe. I became addicted ever since.
  • edited August 2008
    i found out about homstar when my bro invited his freinds over and they watched dragon.
    after that i've been hooked on it
  • edited August 2008
    strongbfan wrote: »
    i found out about homstar when my bro invited his freinds over and they watched dragon.
    after that i've been hooked on it

Homstar - Homestar And Homsar's love child? Ewwww... ;)
  • edited August 2008
    A friend reccomended it to me in late 2003. The first cartoon I saw was the Teen Girl Squad. I didn't watch an email until later. XD It was pretty popular my school until they banned it from the computers...
  • edited August 2008
    You know your website's a hit when they have to ban it from a school.
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    Homstar - Homestar And Homsar's love child? Ewwww... ;)

Dude, I bet you a dollar, somewhere a slash fan fic has started because of this post.
  • edited August 2008
    Dude, I bet you a dollar, somewhere a slash fan fic has started because of this post.

Double ewww...

HOMESTAR RUNNER: Whoa, you sound tense. Do you want me to give you, like, a back rub or anything?

STRONG BAD: Uh... yes! No! I... don't know! Next picture, next picture!!

HOMESTAR RUNNER: I think this is the last one, sweetie.

STRONG BAD: WAAAAA!! {trails off as though he's running away}

HOMESTAR RUNNER: I should probably stop calling everybody "sweetie".
  • edited August 2008
    I wonder why Marzipan is so chunky all the time...
    Oh, god. Oh, god. Oh, god. Get that image out of my head! BROOM SHAPED HOMESTARS?! AAAAAHHHHH!!!
  • edited August 2008
    I first found out about Homestar sometime in May 2004. I remember Flashback being the newest email, and I remember the Experimental Film music video coming out shortly afterward. Needless to say, I was hooked on the cartoon right away, and I immediately attempted to watch everything that I could on the website.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I'm glad to hear that some people found out about the game through the articles in NGamer and EGM! :) On the web, it's pretty easy for us to tell what kind of an impact an article has because we get referrals from other sites, see comments on the articles, etc. But when you put something in a magazine, you never really know who's seeing it...
  • edited August 2008
    Me and my little cousin were playing my gamecube(nintendo wiis werent inveted yet) and my older cousin came in and said jumbo/large. We didnt get it and he showed us strong bad email road trip. He said he wouldnt tell us the website but i googled it and found homestarrunner.com:D
  • edited August 2008
    I remember back in 03' or 02' a friend telling me about it when I was over at his house. The first thing I ever saw on Homestar was the SBemail "stunt double" which was the newest one at the time. In fact, I don't think they were even reffered to as SBemails back then.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm pretty sure that my sister showed it to me in like 2002 or something and i didn't really think it was that funny (except for the teen girl squads) but I came back to it like a year ago and have been following ever since. BUT WHEN IS SBCG4AP FRICKIN' COMING OUT?!:mad:

ahhhhh, my first reply.hmmmmm, what am i doing in this thread? and where am I?
  • edited August 2008
    Waaaaaaaay back when the newest update was the email sibbie, my older cousin showed the the website, and I was instantly hooked.
  • edited August 2008
    Back in 2003, some guy was hooked on TROGDOR THE BURNiNATOR, and that's how I know about HomestarRunner.com.
  • edited September 2008
    I know I'm a little late for the memory train but thought I'd post anyway. I go all the way back to 2001 around the time when the first halloween toon was put up (I still love it!). I'm not sure strong bad emails existed back then or if they did it was just the very first one. Who would have ever known back then it would get so gigantic huge?

Edit: Forgot to say how I actually found it, was some of my roommates in college. Thanks guys wherever you may be!
  • edited September 2008
    I'd heard about it before I got into it, but I'd still had Dial-up at the time and knew that Flash, especially animations in Flash, killed my poor old Win95 (bought in 1996) compy whenever I tried to look at flashy sites like that.

Then flash forwards to 2002, I heard about it yet again through my friend Kabutroid who was making a sprite comic and was a HSR fan. But again, even though I was more interested then, I still didn't have what it took to enjoy HSR, because I was getting ready for full-time college student work.

Finally, in early 2003 during an IMT class in college, a buddy of mine was watching this silly cartoon in the internet. And I watched a little looking over his shoulder. Laughed my ass off, got hooked on it the following night/morning when I went through and watched all of the stuff on the site using my grandmother's computer because I was staying over there for a few days. I've been a fan ever since.
  • edited September 2008
    It was back in college... Fall of 2003, if I remember correctly. During lunchtime, a few of my fellow classmates were huddled around a computer watching Homestar Runner. They seemed to be enjoying it a lot, so I pulled up a chair to see what it was all about.

We went through most of the Strong Bad e-mails and some of the toons (I remember that someone there highly reccomended the Halloween toon, "the House that Gave Sucky Treats"). After that, I was hooked on Homestar Runner. I would usually catch up on the latest Homestar happenings whenever I visited home during my breaks.

And to this day, I still keep up with the website.
  • edited September 2008
    It all began when I got an iPod about 3 years ago and was looking through the podcasts, and there was strong bad emails, the first one I watched was either "Sisters" or Guitar I cant remember, but as it progressed I became more and more hooked! That iPod was a godsend!!!!
  • edited September 2008
    a guy in a rabid bunny outfit told me

something to do with some kind of mystical time zone
  • edited October 2008
    my friend showed it to me...must've been at least five years and the funny thing is he can hardly remember anything about it and i think about it everyday and its been my dream to meet the chap brothers ever since
  • edited October 2008
    my friend showed it to me...must've been at least five years and the funny thing is he can hardly remember anything about it and i think about it everyday and its been my dream to meet the chap brothers ever since

I know, I've been wanting to vacation in Georgia just so I could stand in the middle of the street, looking at their house, quietly giggling to myself thinking, " hur hur... that's where they live and make the cartoons...hur hur" like some sort of stalker.
  • edited October 2008
    I think around 2005-6, my brother showed me some funny toons from the site. I think he later regretted it because I was hooked. I musta been about... 10?
  • edited October 2008
    Heres What happen to me i was watch TV & I Saw A AD for gametap So I Looked at the Website & Foulnd Sam&max Then I Looked For The website For Sam&Max & i Saw tellTale Games Then When They Talk About SBCG4AP & Saed That It Was Base On Homestarrunner.com & Their You Have It So TV Help Me Find HomeStarrunner.com
  • edited October 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    Heres What happen to me i was watch TV & I Saw A AD for gametap So I Looked at the Website & Foulnd Sam&max Then I Looked For The website For Sam&Max & i Saw tellTale Games Then When They Talk About SBCG4AP & Saed That It Was Base On Homestarrunner.com & Their You Have It So TV Help Me Find HomeStarrunner.com

I'm glad people are being drawn to that great site still today.It's had a permanent spot on my favorites list for 6 years now.
  • edited October 2008
    Back in 2003 in high school, a friend showed me "dragon" and "techno". I was hooked almost immediately and watched all the toons on the site, despite my dial-up connection at the time.
  • edited October 2008
    I just remembered--my first Strong Bad Email was video games. I remember it being brand new, too.
  • edited October 2008
    I was on an Animal Crossing forum when they started a discussion about Homestar so I checked it out. And here I am. Oh yeah, my first email was what I want, which is also one of my favorites.
  • edited October 2008
    When I came home from school my bro and his buddy (There names are none of your buisness) and they were watching the Email Trogdor or the one with the electric boots I dont remember....anyway I learned the name of the website and soon grew into a hardcore H*R fan.
  • edited October 2008
    I think I was looking up "star" under google images for some school project, and came across a picture of Homestar, which led me to the site. I don't remember what my first 'toon was, but I must have loved it, because I'm an extreme fan now.
  • edited October 2008
    I learned it from my friend. The earliest cartoon I can remember is...... looking old. How far back can YOU remember?
  • edited October 2008
    Sorry, messed up my link. looking old
  • edited October 2008
    stupid links. forget it.
  • edited October 2008
    My first toon was The Yello Dello.
  • edited October 2008
    Now I remember the name of it it was "Extra Plug"

It was the newest SBemail.

Heheh. I remember I was wondering what the heck The Cheat was. I thought he was a blob or a deformed duck or something.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.