How did you first find out about HSR?

124»

Comments

• edited October 2008
    I recall it well. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) sat me down in front of the computer and, with no real explanation, showed me Strong Bad's Mother's Day message. I was highly amused, but confused. We watched many Strong Bad e-mails together and I saw many other things on that site. I was hooked and we had many laughs together. We now both enjoy a good Strong Bad e-mail or silly HSR cartoon. I've got my whole family making references from this cartoon now. A real joy. Of course, when I found out that TMBG did several musical bits for HSR, that only increased my liking for it.
  • edited October 2008
    my very first thing on there was japanese cartoon ("ha ha ha, pan pan fell on you, ah ha ha ha, pan pan is fat, ah ha ha ha ha, fat.) although i cant remember my first toon it might of been "jorb"
  • edited October 2008
    my very first thing on there was japanese cartoon ("ha ha ha, pan pan fell on you, ah ha ha ha, pan pan is fat, ah ha ha ha ha, fat.) although i cant remember my first toon it might of been "A Jorb Well Done"
    That was my first toon, too!
  • edited October 2008
    I believe the year was 2001, and "Stunt Double" (or sbemail80) was my first introduction to the site. My brother had come home from a "sbemail85-esque" road trip, and he showed me the site. I have been a fan ever since... good times, good times...

(PS. Killingyouguy rocks!) :D
  • edited October 2008
    I think it was maybe six years ago, and my sisters best friend (at the time) told her about it and she showed it to me and it was email 50 and i was wondering who "dogman" was but then i found out it was strongbad.
  • edited October 2008
    I owe my first H*R experience to Tycho at Penny Arcade, who in one of his posts linked to the Crazy Go Nuts University SBEmail. That was back when it was relatively easy to introduce people to the website, and within an hour or so have them up to speed with me. I showed it to everyone I knew and felt a sense of pride whenever I heard them quote sbemails at the bar.

Now when I come across the people who ask me who it is on my tshirt (Strongbad of course) I usually raise an eyebrow because it's so rare to still meet someone who's never seen H*R; but I still try to give them a thorough run down of the essentials if they're willing!
  • edited October 2008
    enbasic wrote: »
    Now when I come across the people who ask me who it is on my tshirt (Strongbad of course) I usually raise an eyebrow because it's so rare to still meet someone who's never seen H*R; but I still try to give them a thorough run down of the essentials if they're willing!
    Nobody I know seems to have seen Homestar Runner. They keep asking why the word "pizza" on my shirt is missing the A. And why it says "The Piss".
  • edited October 2008
    VGCats.com believe it or not.
  • edited October 2008
    I first heard of H*R when one of my youtube friends faved SB gameways. I laughed at it but it wasnt until I went to England over the summer that I went to H*R.com. I saw an Article in the English magazine N Gamer for SBCG4AP (and Sam And Max S1 on the Wii) describing H*R, TT, and Sam and Max. I became a fan right around the short Somber Vacation.
  • edited October 2008
    My friend showed it to me. He showed me the cool tapes episode... he showed me the 24 menus (not the homsar "LEGITIMATE MENU PAGE" one) and I figured out the rest on my own.
  • edited October 2008
    I played Sam&Max and I found it @ telltale.com. I said "What the crap is that thing?" and after some months I was like "let's try that". when I said that ep 1 & 2 were out.
  • edited October 2008
    I saw my favorite episode first: Childs Book! That got me hooked!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.