The real reason for the delay...

Comments

• edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    The fact that this was started by a TTG crew member is what makes it bad form. If this had been speclation by some random member of the forum, it would have been fine, even funny.

But when you see the thread name, and then see it's done by a member of the TellTale Games crew, then you expect it to actually contain something of note or value.
    Yeah, that's not the way these forums work. They are intended to be a place for the people who make the games and the people who play the games to hang out and have a back-and-forth discussion. About the games themselves, and whatever else comes up. Including posts made just for yuks.

The second TTG employees are scared off of our own forums and reduced to issuing boilerplate press statements, is the second any sense of community will get killed stone dead. No thanks.
  • MelMel
    edited August 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    The second TTG employees are scared off of our own forums and reduced to issuing boilerplate press statements, is the second any sense of community will get killed stone dead. No thanks.

Oh come on. I know you are all coming to work in business suits and have absolutely no toys on your desks. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    It has 100 pixels!?!?! No wonder it's taking so long. Just because Videlectrix hasn't even made some of the games they advertise on their site, doesn't mean they're lazy... no, it means they uh, spend a lot of time on the graphics... of the few games they have made...
    Knowing this info just made the game that much cooler. That as in... let's say, alot?:)
  • edited August 2008
    Not sure if I'm the only one, but I find it more than mildly amusing that people are getting so upset about the delay on this game.

Granted, it will be a good game, and fair enough if you're excited about it, but it's still just a video game and the fact that it's taking a couple of extra weeks to be released isn't all that critical.

A little perspective isn't a bad thing...
  • edited August 2008
    Agreed, azza.

If your life revolves around video games and not much else, and you don't actually wokr at a game company, then perhaps you might like trying going out into the Big Room[tm] for a while. (You know, the one with the blue ceiling with fluffy white things when the big yellow light is on, which alternates with a black ceiling with white twinkly dots when the white circle is up there).
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, that's not the way these forums work. They are intended to be a place for the people who make the games and the people who play the games to hang out and have a back-and-forth discussion. About the games themselves, and whatever else comes up. Including posts made just for yuks.

Quoted for large amounts of truthiness. For a company that specializes in comedic games, one should expect that said company would have a sense of humor, and that it would reflect in the forums.
  • edited August 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Quoted for large amounts of truthiness.

Er, you know what "truthiness" means, right?
  • MelMel
    edited August 2008
    SeriousCat.jpg

Probably a spam (or potentially troll-y) post. I'm not making fun of anyone in particular, just how intense the internet gets at times. In another couple of weeks, I will be a normal human being again.
  • edited August 2008
    Klemmins wrote: »
    Aye... Thankee much for releasing this information.

I am now shunning Homestarrunner.com until I get the game.

you can NEVER shun H*R. you can shun Videlectrix, but not H*R.
    Besides, while Vid. is occupied with the fake game, telltale can make the game AWESOME!!! I have faith telltale!
  • edited August 2008
    i don't think they can make the game awesome anymore. it is done already...you'll have to take it as awesome as it already is.
  • edited August 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i don't think they can make the game awesome anymore. It is done already...you'll have to take it as awesome as it already is.
    ???????!!!!!!!!!
    I cant believe you!!!!!! They can always make the game better!!!!
  • edited August 2008
    They can always make the game better!!!!

True, but after a certain point the improvement/time ratio makes it not worth it. I mean, you have to spend more time to get smaller improvements.
  • edited August 2008
    Er, you know what "truthiness" means, right?

Indeed I do. I chose to redefine it based on it's core word.
  • edited August 2008
    Hmmmm....
    I hope you're really from Telltale. If I find out you're not, then I'll get really mad because then some random guy, wanting to trick everyone, decided to post something that every believes since they're so desperate. Otherwise, I'll be fine.

Some people where glasses, Beth looks like a dude.
  • edited August 2008
    Dollaroo wrote: »
    Hmmmm....
    I hope you're really from Telltale. If I find out you're not, then I'll get really mad because then some random guy, wanting to trick everyone, decided to post something that every believes since they're so desperate. Otherwise, I'll be fine.

Your new, so I am going to assume that you are unfamiliar with all the Telltale staff, MarkDarin is legit.
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    The fact that this was started by a TTG crew member is what makes it bad form... Instead of relieving tention in can in fact create more...
    I disagree.
  • edited August 2008
    azza29 wrote: »
    ...A little perspective isn't a bad thing...
    Indeed it isn't.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm relly mad that no one at Telltale told us this reason. I've been waiting for this game forever. And, for once, Videlectrix has a problem with SOMEthing????? I know that there's another excuse.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    It's not like a pristine PC copy has been sitting languishing on our hard drives for months here.
    Yeah, but - everyone is shipping beta quality versions of games nowadays, only to half-behindedly patch them up months late(r)...

Didn't you guys at TellTale get the memo? :confused:

np: Yello - You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess (Orb Goes The Weasel Mix) (Auntie Aubrey's Excursions Beyond The Call Of Duty (Disc 2))
  • edited August 2008
    Your taking so long, I'm begining to think your gonna Rick Roll us when we think it's finally gonna come out
  • edited August 2008
    noooo Telltale wouldn't do that! :D
    oh...
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, but - everyone is shipping beta quality versions of games nowadays, only to half-behindedly patch them up months late(r)...

Homestar Ruiner, Hotfix #112: Fixes a minor bug in the game code that causes Strong Bad to turn into a smoldering crater whenever he checks his emails.
  • edited August 2008
    Your taking so long, I'm begining to think your gonna Rick Roll us when we think it's finally gonna come out

that would be amazing actually! It'd also piss me off though!
  • edited August 2008
    Telltale never gonna let us down!
  • edited August 2008
    I love the new thread Tell Tale! Thanks for the laugh!

(Sorry i didn't find it sooner) :)
  • edited August 2008
    There won't be a box!? That's it, BOYCOTT!
  • edited August 2008
    User TechNick made a pretty sweet fan made box art in the before times, in the aptly named "Sbcg4ap Boxart! [fanart]" topic. Check it out, print it, cut it out, and stick in a Wii game case. Bam! Instant box (Disc fan art sold separately).
  • edited August 2008

That's it! If there is no real box, I'm not going to buy the game with a sack of real pennies! I'll just "download" them the money using an "internet" bank! Yeah, that'll teach 'em! :p
  • edited August 2008
    Dollaroo wrote: »
    Hmmmm....
    just to help you out, when ppl have the TTG symbol next to their name, their TTG staff. Besides, TTG would never trick us. i know that for a fact.
  • edited August 2008

BOYCOTT BOX!BOYCOTT BOX!
    ...wait this is WiiWare,does it need a box?
    NO!!!
  • edited August 2008
    boycott box!boycott box!

HURRAY FOR BOX!

(yes, I meant to do that...)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008

Why would there be a box for a downloadable game?

That said, if you checked out our Comic-Con photos, you should know that we have other boxes which may interest you...
  • edited August 2008
    You wouldn't have BOX art, but you would have art. The pictures in the shop channel, and the two videos for the Wii Menu. I'd say the store photo(s) are the downloadable game version of box art. :D
  • edited August 2008
    OOOOO, OOOOO, Post some Art! I wanna see what I have to look for in 6 days!

I can't believe I didn't check the SB page before posting that 2 weeks comment.......
    edited August 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    You wouldn't have BOX art, but you would have art. The pictures in the shop channel, and the two videos for the Wii Menu. I'd say the store photo(s) are the downloadable game version of box art. :D

We of course have those! You could get a sneak peek at a bit of it if you browsed through Scott's Comic-Con flickr stream.
  • edited August 2008
    have you ever considered selling an empty game box to those who want it on the online store?
    edited August 2008
    Rob_mc_1 wrote: »
    have you ever considered selling an empty game box to those who want it on the online store?

I have actually considered that. I don't know if it's something we would do, though. It would have to be very cool, or very cheap :) ... and very worth the time to make! (It takes longer than you think to make a cool game box!)
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I have actually considered that. I don't know if it's something we would do, though. It would have to be very cool, or very cheap :) ... and very worth the time to make! (It takes longer than you think to make a cool game box!)

cant you just get one of your designers to do it?
    edited August 2008
    I... am our graphic designer. I do most all of our box packaging designs :P

I didn't do the Snake Boxer and the other in-game Videlectrix games, though -- those are by the lead game designer on Strong Bad, Mark Darin... creator of this very thread!)
  • edited August 2008
    This topic was pretty funny and I can't believe anybody got even a little upset over it. Geez, lighten up.

Seriously, this is why I love telltale so much. Most companies, even ones that make great games, are so unwilling to relate to their fans. You guys really go out of your way to be open and friendly, and I appreciate that.

True story: I was once on a private forum for exchanging links of all kinds. Pirated game downloads were commonplace, and the uploaders always got all kinds of praise from everybody. But when a cracked Sam and Max showed up? Everybody said, "no, not this one." The author eventually took their link down because everyone was voting it poorly. That's just how good a feeling gamers have about TTG; everyone wants to support them.

Keep it up, guys. You rock.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.