How do you change user name?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I'd also like to change my user-name to "Jon N/A"
    if it's not possible to use a slash in a username, then chnage it to "Jon N\A". again if not possible, change to "Jon N-A"
    Again, if not possible ( :) sorry ... this is the last one) then please change it to "Jon NA."
  • edited March 2011
    My username is a type error, it should be II ARROWS

Thank you.
  • edited March 2011
    please change my name to coolguy721
  • edited March 2011
    Alright, I've emailed Telltale support last week, but I'm still waiting for a response, so I'm trying my luck here! :)

Here's my e-mail:
    I've still got a little problem... I wanted to use the username from the new account (Geewrecks) on the old one, but I can't, since the messages I posted with the new account in the Help section still exist, so the name seems to still be in the database. I used another username for the moment (G-rex), is there a way to get the first name again?

Thanks!

BTW, contacting Telltale to delete the new account went pretty smoothly. ^^
  • edited March 2011
    cool
  • edited March 2011
    bump
  • edited March 2011
    I sent an e-mail to support today as well, since the Jurassic Park insider forum thread seems to be sucking away all attention from this thread.

EDIT: And now Amy has changed my nick. That was fast. Thanks Amy. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Please can my username be changed to whte_rbt.obj? It's the command Nedry used in Jurassic Park, and I got it wrong like a big chump. :(
  • edited April 2011
    Could you change my username into CasuallyD ?
    Thanks in advance!
  • edited April 2011
    i emailed telltale twice and have not recieved a response on this. they still haven't changed my username
  • edited April 2011
    telltale please look at this thread. we need our names changed
  • edited April 2011
    thank you very much
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks a bunch user-name fairy!
    though, I'd really like it better if you coyld change it to "Jon N/A"
    I know it's possible in vBulletin, I've signed up in a vBulletin powered one with NA and a / in the middle ... so could you please change it to "Jon N/A"?
  • edited April 2011
    Jon NA wrote: »
    I know it's possible in vBulletin, I've signed up in a vBulletin powered one with NA and a / in the middle ... so could you please change it to "Jon N/A"?

It's not just vBulletin though, since your forum account is integrated with your Telltale user account. I'm not saying it's impossible to store a slash in any sane database, it's just not that uncommon to untaint database input by disallowing anything other than alphanumeric characters and space (which is reasonable if you're not using prepared statements). I'm not saying that's definitely the reason why they left out the slash though, as I have no idea how their back end systems work.
  • edited April 2011
    There are some users who have underlines and dots in their usernames, like "whte_rbt.obj" ... so I think slashes are allowed.
    I think them not changing my username to Jon N/A was a misunderstanding ... Unless they come and say it was a database issue.
  • edited April 2011
    Woohoo! Thanks for the change, Telltale!
  • edited April 2011
    Yup, thank you very much!
  • edited April 2011
    Bump ... Turn mine into "Jon N/A"
  • edited April 2011
    Bumping again.
    Please! Help me out of this slash-less pit!
    I wanna be a Jon N/A!
  • edited April 2011
    Can you change my name to Mr. DNA please?
  • edited May 2011
    May I have mine changed to 3rdFloor please? Many thanks!
  • edited May 2011
    May I please have my name changed to Ziero?
  • edited June 2011
    Bumping again.
    Please! Help me out of this slash-less pit!
    I wanna be a Jon N/A!
  • edited June 2011
    Sorry, my inglish is very bad !!!
    It's possible you change Mrfreeze =====> MrFreeze !!!
    thx.
  • edited September 2011
    I dont know if youre still doing this, but can I change my username please?
    when I was signing up, my hands went all stupid and I clicked okay before I finished typing.

So I'd like it to be finished: angelsm to angelsmurf
  • edited September 2011
    Could I have my username changed to Nerdowl please? :)
  • edited October 2011
    Would it be possible to replace the underscore in my forums name with a spacebar? I don't want my sign-in to be affected. I just didn't think spacebars could be used, but then I saw them.
  • edited November 2011
    Could you please change my username to termin8r? A big thanks in advance. Looking forward to play Jurassic Park in some minutes! :-)
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Guys,
    is it possible to change my name to iChristophe

That'll be awesome!
    Thanks so much
  • edited August 2012
    Apologies for the bump,

Could I have my name changed to Hoogle, accidentally had email address as username
  • edited August 2012
    chandge password
  • edited August 2012
    could i have my name changed please? i joined yesterday in a rush and didn't know my name was similar to someone else from youtube and i dont want to confuse people.

is the only way to change your name is to request it in this thread?
  • edited September 2012
    Can someone tell me how 2 people can have the same name on a blog post ? but ones a troll account made to offend me and make me look stupid..
  • edited December 2012
    Is it possible to get my name changed to "Matthark" minus the quotation marks, thanks.
  • edited December 2012
    Hi, I'm just wondering if it's possible to get my username manually changed? Thanks.
  • edited December 2012
    Possibly. What do you want it changed to?
  • edited December 2012
    "Matthark" minus the quotation marks, if that's possible.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2012
    Done!
  • edited December 2012
    Hello, I bought TellTale Games yesterday and rushed in whatever I could think of for my Username. Would you mind changing my UserName to Jooleeus, please? I can't wait to finally play The Walking Dead!
This discussion has been closed.