Strong Badia The Free

SO here you can just talk about the next episode.
Also for people who like spoilers and stuff if you
talk to the king of town by his castle in extended play it kinda tells you what the next episodes about
He dosn't tell you everything though. Just what its mainly about.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    all that is known is that The King of Town could've already put the tax on before the episode, he just finally got over Strong Bad's abuse and gave him the tax
  • edited August 2008
    Quote from HR Wiki:
    The King of Town becomes tyranical and institutes an email tax, but Strong Bad is unable to pay so he is placed under house arrest with an exploding collar strapped around his neck. The other citizens of Free Country, USA also rebel against this tax, and it's up to Strong Badia to bring these countries together and end this email tyranny.

For those who don't know what 'tyranical' means, it means cruel, harsh, things like that. So it dosen't effect only effect Strong Bad, it effects everybody, everybody! So yeah, that's pretty harsh.
  • edited August 2008
    This is going to be a very epic episode.
  • edited August 2008
    yeah it is, but by then I'll be in school :( aww well, I'll make time since I pre-ordered the whole series :D
  • edited August 2008
    I might have to visit home from college because I don't a have a PC.
    mac
  • edited August 2008
    You know what would be hilarious? An execution.Homsar, perhaps? That would be full of win. He'd somehow like escape using his hat. Or they'd chop off his hat.
  • edited August 2008
    You know what would be hilarious? An execution.Homsar, perhaps? That would be full of win. He'd somehow like escape using his hat. Or they'd chop off his hat.

The KOT is a retard. Not even HE could think of this.
  • You know what would be hilarious? An execution.Homsar, perhaps? That would be full of win. He'd somehow like escape using his hat. Or they'd chop off his hat.
    Either that, or someone tries to leave House Arrest... Homsar perhaps? and the Exploding Collar explodes, but his Hat suddenly spits out another copy of him. That hat's amazing.
  • edited August 2008
    The KOT is a retard. Not even HE could think of this.

did you hear him in
    Extended Play?
    he sounded diabolical and evil, he is smart enough dude
  • edited August 2008
    Either that, or someone tries to leave House Arrest... Homsar perhaps? and the Exploding Collar explodes, but his Hat suddenly spits out another copy of him. That hat's amazing.

Or he manages to get the collar on the hat,hides in his hat, rolls through the doors, and the hat absorbs most of the explosion.That would be awesome.
  • edited August 2008
    It's kinda strange that the king of town is actually talking like a person in government and not a gourmet addict.
  • edited August 2008
    zipi23 wrote: »
    It's kinda strange that the king of town is actually talking like a person in government and not a gourmet addict.

He has been a person in government all along, but governing is really easy except for SB's constant attacks. He has time to be a glutton as a result.
  • edited August 2008
    i heard that you have to persuade the other 'nations' to fight the king of town with you. Imagine signing a peace treaty with homsar, that would be hilarious! I mean, how do you persuade someone as warped and strange as homsar? (don't worry guys, i'll be annoying later)
  • edited August 2008

The proper word is gourmand. And he definitely doesn't eat a lot of gourmet.
  • edited August 2008

The Brother Chaps probaly intended for him to be a tyrant all along, they just hid him under Glutony and slothfulness.
  • edited August 2008
    But what if the tax payment is GRAVY?
  • edited August 2008
    what i would like to know about ep. 2 is the release date. we've still got a couple weeks of august left and there are FIVE MONDAYS in september. *shudder*

the wait is the only huge downside to episodic gaming.
  • edited August 2008
    i heard that you have to persuade the other 'nations' to fight the king of town with you. Imagine signing a peace treaty with homsar, that would be hilarious! I mean, how do you persuade someone as warped and strange as homsar? (don't worry guys, i'll be annoying later)

Yeah, you do. I dunno HOW you have persuade Marzi. Or Bubs. Or Coach Z. Or anyone.
  • Yeah, you do. I dunno HOW you have persuade Marzi. Or Bubs. Or Coach Z. Or anyone.
    Easy. Use the Gardening Shears to "Persuade" them. =P
  • edited August 2008
    Quote from the games extended play:

Strong Bad: Umm-
    KOT: Silence!
    2. SB: Hey--
    KOT: Don't talk to me, Strong bad! Thanks to you, I'm trapped in a loveless marriage with the mole Queen, my head is throbbing, and worst of all I've been lured away from a cart of cold cuts and mini-breads! So unless you want me to start slapping on unnecessary taxes and tariffs on ya, You'll leave me alone!
    SB: Taxes? That sound ominous.
  • edited August 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    what i would like to know about ep. 2 is the release date. we've still got a couple weeks of august left and there are FIVE MONDAYS in september. *shudder*

the wait is the only huge downside to episodic gaming.

It's safe to assume that it will probably be the second Monday in the States and the Second Friday in Europe of every month until the season ends. Monthly seems like it would be exactly 1 month between episodes, but I wasn't around at S&M to see for myself. Still Waiting for LostWinds Ep.2 though.....
  • edited August 2008
    ummm, i'm pretty sure that lostwinds isn't an episodic series. by the by.
  • edited August 2008
    Eh, it's close enough. The game was pretty short and basically verified a sequel.
    Of course, it may end up being 'episodic' in the same sense of the HL2 eps...
  • edited August 2008

Well, if what I remember from the story is right, there are still 5 bosses left until the final boss. At 1 boss an episode (like the first), it would be an episodic game. Of course it has been 3 months since I played my LostWinds, so I could have forgot quite a bit.
  • edited August 2008
    Where'd you hear that?
  • edited August 2008
    Where'd you hear that?

I'm trying to remember the story, but you have to collect pieces of the prison the final boss has to go into, and the first game only ended with 1 piece and them saying where to find the second one. I could have sworn they said it broke into 6 pieces, and you find the first to get the power over wind and the second from the boss of the first game.
  • edited August 2008
    Great...now I need 10,000 wii points for two awesome games in their entirety...
  • edited August 2008
    Great...now I need 10,000 wii points for two awesome games in their entirety...

Well, go play LostWinds again and double check the story. Remember, it has been 3 mo. since I played it. Maybe you were right all along, because I did A LOT of research and never found anything that said it was episodic until I finished the game itself. The reason I can't play it is: My internet connection is fast for everything but streaming videos and downloads, and I deleted it to make room for SBCG4AP.
  • edited August 2008
    at the end of the preview for the next episode, when strong mad is behind the "Tarantula" sign, is he holding 2 wooden Metroid's?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    at the end of the preview for the next episode, when strong mad is behind the "Tarantula" sign, is he holding 2 wooden Metroid's?

Haha, I thought they looked a bit like Metroids too, but I think they're just monster heads.
  • edited August 2008
    So what does everyone think the mini-game will be this time? I've heard it'll be Math Kickers.
  • edited August 2008
    So what does everyone think the mini-game will be this time? I've heard it'll be Math Kickers.

I thought it would be snake boxer 4 and then every episode it would keep going backwards, but thats just me
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Haha, I thought they looked a bit like Metroids too, but I think they're just monster heads.

Crap.That crushed a strange dream I've had.I've always wanted to see a metroid cross-over.But I wasn't about to make a crappy fan fic.
  • edited August 2008
    Crap.That crushed a strange dream I've had.I've always wanted to see a metroid cross-over.But I wasn't about to make a crappy fan fic.

Samus, having been a bounty hunter for many years, finally obtained the cash necessary to make her lifelong dream become a reality. "Oh, Strong Bad", she cooed through her ship's phone. For years she had watched his glorious style shine through her ship's holographic screen during his "email" transmissions. "I've purchased the hot tub and pork rinds you require, and I would love to invite you over...."
  • edited August 2008
    Do not continue...please, that writing is a metroid that is rapidly sucking out my brain cells...
  • edited August 2008
    But then how are the forum-goers going to know of the steamy passion between Samus and Strong Bad, or of their child that grows up to do well all those things that I don't do well, in a totally subtle and not-at-all-obvios manner?
  • edited August 2008
    OH GOD NO!EGG HEADED SAMUSES!*thunk*HEAD.HIT.KEYBOARD.
  • edited August 2008
    eggheadeg4.jpg

I HAS THE BEST PHOTO EDITING SKILLZ EVER

THIS IS MY COVER FOR MY FANFIC DO YOU LIKE?
  • edited August 2008
    *dies*
  • edited August 2008
    eggheadeg4.jpg

I HAS THE BEST PHOTO EDITING SKILLZ EVER

THIS IS MY COVER FOR MY FANFIC DO YOU LIKE?

take it away, take it aawwwaaayy!!!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.