Strong Badia The Free

Comments

• edited August 2008
    And then the King would contract Drain Bamage!
  • edited August 2008
    back on topic: I can't wait for this Episode, it looks more fun then Episode 1!
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    back on topic: I can't wait for this Episode, it looks more fun then Episode 1!
    Then episode 1 what?
  • edited August 2008
    Episode 1, that's it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Then episode 1 what?

Then episode 1 went to the store and got some bread.

Anyway, moving on, I think you guys'll really like episode 2... and 3... and 4 and 5 also :)

The fact that we have a sort of rotating cast of directors for the different episodes seems to be working out so that they all have a slightly different feel (Mike Stemmle's doing 1 and 3, Chuck Jordan's doing 2 and 5, and Mark Darin is doing 4). It's not something we ever did on Sam & Max, but I think it's working really well. The episodes all feel different from each other, yet still complimentary, in a cool way that maybe wasn't there in Sam & Max.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Then episode 1 went to the store and got some bread.

Anyway, moving on, I think you guys'll really like episode 2... and 3... and 4 and 5 also :)

The fact that we have a sort of rotating cast of directors for the different episodes seems to be working out so that they all have a slightly different feel (Mike Stemmle's doing 1 and 3, Chuck Jordan's doing 2 and 5, and Mark Darin is doing 4). It's not something we ever did on Sam & Max, but I think it's working really well. The episodes all feel different from each other, yet still complimentary, in a cool way that maybe wasn't there in Sam & Max.

Will it have like a Season Villian? And a on going plot line that leads up to Episode 5?
  • edited August 2008
    at the end of epesode 2 it should have an rpg style battle.
    and im just wondering in epesode 2 dosent strong bad lose his house well can he go in it still or what im a bit confused with the plot
  • edited August 2008
    I already said that, and he's under house arrest, so he stays in his house.
  • edited August 2008
    I know this is no big deal, I just find it weird. The first episode was rated Teen, I really thought it should have been E 10+, cause it's not that bad. Well, then episode 2 ends up being E 10+. I guess ESRB can read minds, or they just realized it was stupid to rate it Teen in the first place.

On topic, this episode sounds pretty funny.
  • edited August 2008
    leon101 wrote: »
    I know this is no big deal, I just find it weird. The first episode was rated Teen, I really thought it should have been E 10+, cause it's not that bad. Well, then episode 2 ends up being E 10+. I guess ESRB can read minds, or they just realized it was stupid to rate it Teen in the first place.

On topic, this episode sounds pretty funny.

Yeah it was stupid to give it a T, and like you I want to find out why it got a E-10 this time.
  • edited August 2008
    the videlectrix game is called math kickers i think! this episode looks better then the first.
  • edited August 2008
    if anyone wants to know when Strong Badia the Free is coming,
    Telltale will update on a Wednesday 2 weeks before the game comes out, so there..don't thank me for getting this thread back on topic.

if this is true, then we should start complaining in about 2 days.
  • edited September 2008
    dentbuds wrote: »
    if this is true, then we should start complaining in about 2 days.

Whhhhhhhhyyyyyy?
  • edited September 2008
    when is this coming out, any body know?
  • edited September 2008
    I don-Uh oh, better not say that 'cus of bub's last costume...
  • edited September 2008

If we knew, everyone would be asking about episode 3. I'd say September 8th because it would be the second Monday of the month, and Sam and Max had a very good release schedule.

Then again, Nintendo wasn't involved in Sam and Max.
  • edited September 2008

It was just announced.
  • edited September 2008

no it wasnt ,kots gravy game for butter people was announced
    go kotgg4bp
  • edited September 2008
    Easy. Use the Gardening Shears to "Persuade" them. =P

>_>
  • edited September 2008
    I'm pretty exited about episode 2, but why did you guys have to give away the fact that strong bad was going to be under house arrest? I don't like you guys any more :(.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm guessing it's revealed about five seconds into the game.
  • edited September 2008
    Well prior to Episode 1, the whole "Homestar Naked" thing was revealed pretty early on, and that didn't happen until the end of "Act 1" of the game (ie after the first major set of puzzles had been completed). Of course, getting Homestar /out/ of your house is the bulk of the game, filled with lots of complex puzzles :)
  • edited September 2008
    I'm pretty exited about episode 2, but why did you guys have to give away the fact that strong bad was going to be under house arrest? I don't like you guys any more :(.

In case you don't know it was spoiled in July and like Mario man said it will be revealed in like 5 seconds of the game.
    edited September 2008
    That thread of Dangerzone's is nice and full of good intentions, but he isn't a Telltale employee, and is just speaking from what he knows or guesses.

Much like episode one, when episode two is ready to go and we have a release date, we'll tell it to you! Until then, there isn't a release date.
  • edited September 2008
    his post is mainly based on our experience of what telltale usually does. so far, sbcg4ap has been pretty unusual, releasedatewise...however i have faith that it will be a monthly release as planned.
  • edited September 2008
    yeah the Megagame is definetly math kickers
  • edited September 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    what i would like to know about ep. 2 is the release date. we've still got a couple weeks of august left and there are FIVE MONDAYS in september. *shudder*

the wait is the only huge downside to episodic gaming.

Agreed. It's now September and we're still clueless!
  • edited September 2008
    MoFaJo wrote: »
    yeah the minigame is definetly math kickers

Sooooooooo.............Where's your proof?
  • edited September 2008
    All I can say to those who think the KoT cannot be a tyrant, well... the Gremlin Could....
    edited September 2008
    Sooooooooo.............Where's your proof?

Next time, before posting ten extra "o"'s and a two mile long ellipses in your post, maybe pause and think for a second. Sadly, you lose this round.

The presence of Math Kickers in Strong Badia the Free is a known fact at this point. We had Strong Badia the Free on free play demo in front of the 60,000 people who went to PAX. People have been talking about it here and elsewhere. We've been linking to it from the blog. And most telling of all, the HRWiki page which MoFaJo linked to lists Math Kickers as a playable Videlectrix game in Strong Badia the Free... and those guys are a bunch of crazy people who will only say something definitively if it is a known fact.
  • edited September 2008
    All I can say to those who think the KoT cannot be a tyrant, well... the Gremlin Could....

People can hide behind this stuff, The Brother Chaps could've intended the most nicest character to be evil all along! Ya never know.
  • edited September 2008
    Next time, before posting ten extra "o"'s and a two mile long ellipses in your post, maybe pause and think for a second. Sadly, you lose this round.

The presence of Math Kickers in Strong Badia the Free is a known fact at this point. We had Strong Badia the Free on free play demo in front of the 60,000 people who went to PAX. People have been talking about it here and elsewhere. We've been linking to it from the blog. And most telling of all, the HRWiki page which MoFaJo linked to lists Math Kickers as a playable Videlectrix game in Strong Badia the Free... and those guys are a bunch of crazy people who will only say something definitively if it is a known fact.

O_O Well, I didn't go there, so that's why I said that.
  • edited September 2008

Oh man, you guys let people play all the cool stuff at Pax or Comic-Con:(.
  • HOLY CRAP! wrote: »
    >_>
    I say! Are you shifting eyes at my jokes?!

*glares*
  • edited September 2008
    MoFaJo wrote: »
    yeah the minigame is definetly math kickers

first we could box snakes, now we can kick math! how much better can this get. oh, you say this is just the minigame...
  • edited September 2008
    dentbuds wrote: »
    first we could box snakes, now we can kick math! how much better can this get. oh, you say this is just the minigame...

oh *cough* excuse me "Mega Game"

(I'll edit it now)
  • edited September 2008
    Mega Game?Mega Man related, possibly?
  • edited September 2008
    Mega Game?Mega Man related, possibly?
    um I don't know if you're joking but Strong bad refers to Snake Boxer 5 as a Mega game instead of a minigame
  • edited September 2008
    eggheadeg4.jpg

I HAS THE BEST PHOTO EDITING SKILLZ EVER

THIS IS MY COVER FOR MY FANFIC DO YOU LIKE?

:eek: STRONG BAD HATES SIBBIE
    why would anyone do it?
  • edited September 2008
    No, Videlectrix did. That devblog post was mostly an e-mail from Videlectrix.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.