SBCG4AP Season 2?

is there going to be sbcg4ap season 2

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Dude only one episode came out wait till all 5 episodes come out.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »

We'd of course love to fill your life with as much Strong Bad gaming as you can handle, but, as said above, we haven't even put out episode two of the first season, so we're obviously not really thinking about a second season yet!
  • edited August 2008

No..
  • edited August 2008
    you can't just say no...that's quite risky. imagine there will be a second season, then you will be a liar...you don't want that, do you?
    however, i think it would be sweet, if a second season of h*r-realted games wouldn't be about strong bad, but centered around another character. homestar or better the cheat...then i would build a great cheat model and telltale could hire me as director of cheat 3ds and other the cheat-related issues...

..i think, somebody already mentioned that...the part were a possible season 2 might be around another character...not hiring me.
  • edited August 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    wouldn't be about strong bad, but centered around another character. homestar or better the cheat....

No..
  • edited August 2008
    Well... technically splash1 is right.

TTG staff have stated before that "SBCG4AP" is the name of the first season, and if there's further seasons of Homestar Runner games, they'll be called something else!
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, still, Strong Bad will never be forgotten as one of the greatest Telltale Games of all, but as I said before:

No..
  • edited August 2008
    The fact they named it Season One means that they at least left the door open for more, even if they decide not to. But as Jake said, they're not considering it yet as it's too early.
  • edited August 2008
    But... they didn't name it Season One :confused:...
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    But... they didn't name it Season One :confused:...

You have a point, they didn't say Season 1...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Hey splash1, please stop the lameness. The answer isn't "no," nor is it "yes." We haven't got anything at all to announce -- largely because I don't think we know yet. Since we're only one episode in to this right now, it seems a little hasty to start talking about a second season, let alone lamely posting "no" after everyone elses's post.
  • edited December 2008
    well it's past episode 5, is season 2 a thought?
    I'm also a bit worried about the disk at the end of the season with all games on it, this is my first telltale season. You haven't started advertising the cd with the season pass, does this mean anything? Thanks for the great games, Telltale Team.
  • edited December 2008
    well it's past episode 5, is season 2 a thought?
    I'm also a bit worried about the disk at the end of the season with all games on it, this is my first telltale season. You haven't started advertising the cd with the season pass, does this mean anything? Thanks for the great games, Telltale Team.

From Email:
    "Bonus fact! As a season customer, you're eligible to get a collector's DVD containing the games and bonus features for just the cost of shipping and handling. This DVD will be out in 2009. We'll send an email to let you know when it's available!"
  • edited December 2008
    Well now that episode 5 is past I have 2 questions. Are you guys thinking about having a season 2 right now. And if ou are is it going to be based around Strong Bad or another H.omestar Runner character. I'm not trying to rush you but please reply
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2008
    The collector's DVD is coming in 2009!

We don't have any announcements about a new season yet... our team is still recuperating from the first one. :D (And so are Matt's vocal chords!)
  • edited December 2008
    Emily wrote: »

We don't have any announcements about a new season yet... our team is still recuperating from the first one. :D (And so are Matt's vocal chords!)

Tell Matt to drink a bottle cough medicine. We need our Strong Bad fix soon!
    I guess we won't be seeing even the hints of a new season till probably then end of 2009. I want my reservation option now!
  • edited December 2008
    You do realize that in giving Matt a bottle of cough medicine, you'll cause him to like "Animals Close-Up With a Wide-Angle Lens", right? I mean, everybody knows that show is evil.
  • edited December 2008
    Could we maybe get an estimate on what month the DVD comes out?
  • edited December 2008
    Julember the 32nd I believe.

C'mon guys, chill. Once it's ready it'll come out and I'm sure it'll be filled with loads of specials and maybe even some Easter Eggs - having TT do a rush jorb on it just cheapens the whole experience and opens up the chance of error.

-m0r

PS: Telltale, could you have it so you can walk about with alternative outfits in extended play in 8-Bit is Enough on the DVD edition? It'd be sweet.
  • edited December 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Emily

We don't have any announcements about a new season yet... our team is still recuperating from the first one. (And so are Matt's vocal chords!)
    I also want to know if you do make a new season is it going to be based on SB or someone else from Free Country USA.
  • edited December 2008
    m0r1arty wrote: »
    Julember the 32nd I believe.
    Julember the 32nd? That's my favorite day!
  • edited December 2008
    I was just about to create this thread

yes

we need another season

and what about sbemail 201
    more sbemails?
    are the bros chaps retiring?
  • edited December 2008
    If this doesn't happen, I may cry.
  • edited December 2008
    Note that not a single Telltale game that was released episodically and had a full season's worth of episodes has ever had less than 2 seasons, and they did number the episodes 101-105, not 1-5.
  • edited December 2008
    Actually, I think everyone who does episodic gaming regardless of whether there are multiple seasons uses 101, 102, etc... it's the same with TV shows. It's the "just in case" reasoning most likely. It's also easier to catalogue that way.

However, I absolutely loved the games, so a season 2's be most delightful. But as said, I think we need to give Matt and the Family Chaps (since you know.. they're are all married and have kids) some well deserved rest.
  • edited December 2008
    Emily wrote: »

So I was right! Matt's voice is slightly raspy! That explains the toned-down Coach Z in CZ's 110%... I think...
  • edited December 2008
    Holyxion wrote: »
    Note that not a single Telltale game that was released episodically and had a full season's worth of episodes has ever had less than 2 seasons, and they did number the episodes 101-105, not 1-5.

Not saying much, since there's only one.
  • edited December 2008
    I think will be awesome if you make season 2. And I see in sbemails some new characters. I think will be good for season 2
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, one is all you need. :D

No, wait...another season two besides sam&max would be cool..
  • edited December 2008
    Deploy the conclusion mat! In the latest interview we've got Mark Darin saying
    The Homestar universe has a lot of material to reference and we can’t cram it all into five episodes, so there are plenty of surprises to look forward to in the future!
    Interesting, even if it's probably not about a season two and this is the most explicit hint in the interview.
  • edited December 2008
    Deploying Q-Mat... oh. It's gone. :(
  • edited December 2008
    ...!
    Burnt out on Strong Bad Emails? Make a Teen Girl Squad this week.

Could this be a clue?
  • edited December 2008
    I have it on good authority that it will be coming out late Smarch early Grune.
  • edited December 2008

i have been wondering the same
    I hope there will be Season 2, keep up everyone's hopes :)
  • edited March 2009
    paulberto wrote: »
    I was just about to create this thread

yes

we need another season

and what about sbemail 201
    more sbemails?
    are the bros chaps retiring?

I believe that that new "Sbemailierized!" Toon answers your question.

MIKE: I can safely say that this is the future of Strong Bad Emails. I can't wait to stop working...start working, on THEM...

MATT: This is THE worst idea you've EVER...{cuts off}

:D
  • edited April 2009
    ?

Now that all 5 episodes are released,sbemailierized has just started and Strong Bad is becoming more and more popular will thier be a series 2.
  • edited May 2009
    :mad: deal with it there is going to be a new SBCG4AP season so don't say that they're not thinking of doing that. ok. I am really getting a bit mad of that.
  • edited May 2009
    Omar Jamal wrote: »
    :mad: deal with it there is going to be a new SBCG4AP season so don't say that they're not thinking of doing that. ok. I am really getting a bit mad of that.

What makes you so sure?
  • edited May 2009
    Omar Jamal wrote: »
    I'm actually somewhat skeptical. The Chapmans ended up investing a lot into these games. They basically sacrificed a lot of site work before the games released and after they started up. Ever since the season ended, we've had a lot more toons. And they've been BETTER toons, overall, than what we've had in a long time. They seem tired of the same old, and I would doubt that would mean going back to SBCG4AP any time soon, if ever.
  • edited May 2009
    According to dream, yes. There will be. Man...that was the craziest dream ever...

It was centered around Homestar, and two others..may have been Bubs and Pom Pom...
    Anyways, they were trying to catch a dragon *namely, not the actual Trogdor but...like...uh...a "younger version" like...Trogdor's son or something...*

Yeah, I forgot to mention it wasn't in 3-D, but more like my drawings mixed with my animation.

Nonetheless, it was freaking amazing. Oh, yeah, I also forgot to mention. Telltale never announced it. I had just gone on the Wii Shop Channel, and there it was. I didn't get to play the whole episode, though, since in my dream, my dd told me I had to come out of my brother's room, where I was playing it. :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.