Baddest of the Bands - Now available!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
103title.jpg

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 3:
Baddest of the Bands

Release date: Released!

You guys have all seen the preview for Baddest of the Bands in your copy of Strong Badia the Free, so it's probably time for an official discussion/speculation thread. What will the game include? What bands will make an appearance, and who will be left to wither into gaming obscurity? Did you find any hints about the episode within Strong Badia the Free?

The game is coming to PC and WiiWare on October 27! Check out the screenshots and trailer here.

For those who haven't already purchased the season set, the episode can now be preordered. Buy now and you'll get an email as soon as it's available for download!

Comments

• edited September 2008
    More Chort kicking!!! We need more Chort kicking!
  • edited September 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    mindless speculation!

Don't mind if I do!

*ahem*

omgg dis is true i herd it on utube so it must be true! stong bad is gonna be in a bannd n hes gonna pley songs in da band n hes gonna has da best band thats beter den da othr bands but den he looses 2 homsar! n i herd dat if u pres a cheatcode den u can fite homsar in street fiter 4! i no its true cuz i hav street fiter 4 n 5 n 6 alredy cuz my uncle work at capcom! i also has president evil 5 n ded rosing 2 alredy n u can be da king off town in bowth but u hav 2 beet da game 500 times to be da king off town n so i beet it 500 times n spyderman came frum da sky n sed i was da best pleyer evers n now im spyderman! its true!

Is that mindless enough? :D
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited September 2008
    Well, reading that DID rot my brain... so yeah... quite mindless.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm betting the
    Fun Machine explodes
    because it can't handle the awesomeness/pyrotechnics of the Limozeen game!
  • edited September 2008
    Yeah or just hinting at the next episode
  • edited September 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Well, reading that DID rot my brain... so yeah... quite mindless.

Typing it wasn't a walk in the park either... :p I felt dirty. Dirty.
  • edited September 2008
    Mindless speculation, eh? Let's see. 5 Bands. Guitar Hero-style minigames. More red flavored translucence.

*Drinks more red jello out of bowl with bendy straw*
  • edited September 2008
    Strong Bad Told Us The Mini Game At The Ending Of Stong Badia The Free
  • edited September 2008
    Guitar Hero-style minigames.

SOMEbody stole my idea from the "proposed episode ideas, theories, and other speculation" thread. (*sigh* Probably not, actually. I guess it wasn't as creative an idea as I thought back when I posted it a couple of weeks ago...)

But, yes. Definitely yes. The only problem(s) would be the set-up of a guitar controller (which some people wouldn't have, especially the pc users) and the limited memory space the episode would allow for about.... half a song to be on the game. IF we want a decent story mode, that is. Maybe TBC could just work with Guitar Hero to get in a dlc pack on Guitar Hero - World Tour (by the name of "Homestar Strummer" :D).
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    (There isn't a guitar hero style minigame :) )
  • edited September 2008
    Too bad... (altho I never really expected it in the first place...)

"Homestar Strummer" still sounds like a possibility, however.
  • edited September 2008
    ...Air Keysordtar Hero?
  • edited September 2008
    ummmmm.... homsar will make a band with senior cardgadge and their song will be about big mac muffins with a side of tea.
    that sounds like a winner to me!
  • edited September 2008
    Strong Bad will secretly bemoan the lack of viable groupie candidates in Free Country, USA while publicly boasting of the "hoards" of women just itching for an opportunity to pounce him (and swipe his pants—not necessarily in that order) after the concert?

... Yeah, I've got nothin'. :P
  • edited September 2008
    Maybe instead of TGS, they'll have a Limozeen: But They're In Space "make a music video" game, like those Make my Video games for the Sega CD.
  • edited September 2008
    It will be a point-em-click-em-up, with Strong Bad as the lead character.
  • edited September 2008
    We'll have to use the Limozeen coloring book to solve the mystery of a conspiracy that dates back to the genesis of Rock itself!
  • edited September 2008
    They Might Be Giants, perhaps?

And, I'm expecting a rhythm mini-game in any case in which Strong Bad can show off his styles.
    And obviously Limozeen songs.
  • edited September 2008
    All I can say is.... BREAD SING ALONGS!!!!
  • edited September 2008
    the game is about you on a quest to kill the goblin and save the world with a monkey that is as intelligent as homestar
  • edited September 2008
    ...wow...THESE ARE MINDLESS SPECULATIONS!!!!
    well anyways...
    I BET SB WILL SAY HOLY CRAP AT LEAST 10 TIMES IN THIS GAME!!!
    Any one wanna take that bet?ANY TAKERZ?!?!I bet 50 creamy ding snack cakes!!!
    You better pay up the day of the game release!!!!ANY ONE,ANY TAKERZ!!!!!
    I'll except peanut nutter butter bars,also!!!ANY TAKERZ,HUH,HUH!!!
  • edited September 2008
    I take your bet!
    Even though I'll be called an idiot for not being able to tell this is obviously sarcastic!
  • edited September 2008
    I take your bet!
    Even though I'll be called an idiot for not being able to tell this is obviously sarcastic!
    Hey someguyfromazoo...
    You're an idiot for not being able to tell that was obviously sarcastic!
  • edited September 2008
    Brainkrieg better be in this episode.

DENTIST!
    Jugga-jigga-wugga!
  • edited September 2008
    I reckon there'll be Limozeen, Tarantula and Sloshy in the mix, some sorda rapping from Coach Z, a love song from Homestar to Maripan and the Cheat DJ'ing.

All in all, nothing too far out there, but wait till you see it.

-m0r
  • edited September 2008
    homsars live video feed of muffins in soccer class will be in this episode.
  • edited October 2008
    All I can say is.... BREAD SING ALONGS!!!!

Waaayyy ahead of ya
  • Gman5852 wrote: »
    Waaayyy ahead of ya
    ...Ahead in attaching a mindless photo of strong bad wearing a Homestar Costume? YAY!

Anyways, Time for my Mindless speculation ...

ZOMG!!! EN EPISNOWED 103 THERE'S GONNA BE A.... Combination of Sloshy, Limozeen, and Taranchula that shall form: Slimozeenchula!!!!

"Slimin' into the Night...!"

(Credit to Chords of Steel for the idea!)
  • edited October 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    103title.jpg

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 3:
    Baddest of the Bands

Release date: To be announced!
    (We don't know the release date yet. When we do, you'll see it here first!)

You guys have all seen the preview for Baddest of the Bands in your copy of Strong Badia the Free, so it's probably time for an official discussion/speculation thread. What will the game include? What bands will make an appearance, and who will be left to wither into gaming obscurity? Did you find any hints about the episode within Strong Badia the Free?

We'll have more info, including the official description, an online copy of the trailer, and of course eventually some screenshots and gameplay videos about this episode in the coming weeks! For now, enjoy creating mindless speculation! :)

They have to post this episode on The Games section of the site! :D
  • edited October 2008
    The Episode 3 Website Up Go To www.telltalegames.com/strongbad/baddestofthebands
  • edited October 2008
    Must...get...game...... :eek:
  • edited October 2008
    I hope this comes out on Oct. 13 (the day after my birthday).
  • edited October 2008
    So, will we actually see Limozeen, or just TVs with images of them on it, or what?
  • edited October 2008
    I hope this comes out on Oct. 13 (the day after my birthday).

EVERYBODY hopes this comes out oct 13. then we wont have to wait as long.:D
  • edited October 2008
    Woot! New screenshots for the game, plus a true approval that Limozeen will be in the game! This looks like it's shaping up to become the best game of the series (so far). I hope there's just as much music in the game as the name and screenshots suggest. Maybe, just maybe, a new Limozeen song????
  • edited October 2008
    So, will we actually see Limozeen, or just TVs with images of them on it, or what?

I do believe that I see a video camera sticking out above the cardboard cutout/speaker system picture of the cartoony versions of Limozeen. Maybe they judge the contest by watching through the video camera and communicating through the speakers? It seems like the most likely answer, since it would be hard to animate a 3-d version of the real members of the band, and a video of the band might be hard to transfer to the game (altho I suppose that's what they do with the Videlectrix games...)

Speaking of Videlectrix games, does anyone have any mindless speculations about what the game will be this time around? The Limozeen game in the beginning sounds awexome, but if the system breaks, there may be a different game once you purchase a new Fun Machine... or whatever else Strong Bad replaces it with.

Gah. Sorry for 2 posts in a row.
  • edited October 2008
    I bet 20 exclusive Maps and Minions game peices that the Horrible Painting and Sloshy, Taranchula, PCP, Limozeen, and most of all, They Might be Giants are in this episode.
  • edited October 2008
    I bet 20 exclusive Maps and Minions game peices that the Horrible Painting and Sloshy, Taranchula, PCP, Limozeen, and most of all, They Might be Giants are in this episode.

YOU CRAZY!I ACCEPT!(I doubt They Might Be Giants will be in this episode)WELL...anyways, this episode will definitely be Jumbo/Large.
  • edited October 2008
    Do any of you know that They Might Be Giants is a real band that the Brothers Chap did not make, if you don't believe me check out some of their songs like Particle Man, and Istanbul
  • edited October 2008
    Gluttony wrote: »
    Do any of you know that They Might Be Giants is a real band that the Brothers Chap did not make, if you don't believe me check out some of their songs like Particle Man, and Istanbul

I know there real.One of there songs is on DDR.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.