Typing Dead: A Walking Dead Forum story. (Long hiatus, please read post inside.)

Comments

• Beating sense into Ulysses wouldn't do much good in the situation they're in now so I say Talk to Him even if Puncake gets beat up. At least then Ulysses will know he's being a dick.
    Also great writing, I loved the paragraph about my character Josey.

• Ok, I've accepted daily updates are impossible, but I'll try for as regularly as possible. FYI, new part up soon.

• --PUNCAKE--

"C'mon man, just stop with the bullshit, let's just calm down and-" Ulysses turned, and punched him right in the nose, causing a nosebleed. "Are you really gonna keep going Puncake? I forgot you were a tough SOB, but I can show even YOU a lesson or 2 on respect." Ulysses was right. Puncake could take A LOT of punishment, and had dealt with Ulysses before, but never with this much rage. Ulysses continued to kick him, and Puncake pleaded with him. "Dude, I'm your best friend, you're not like this, stop!" Ulysses threw him into the couch, and raised his fist. He couldn't do it. Puncake got up, and Selene got up, as Ulysses sat there in shame, as Puncake and Selene went into the hallway. "He's not here! He's gone!" Selene yelled, running up the stairs.

Short one, with no choices, but I'm exhausted!

• I'm James, and I'm seriously afraid for my life right now. The whole "Ulysses hating me" thing could be solved quite simply: James has (or had) a boyfriend. The bloke has nothing to worry about.

maxbear29 posted: »

--PUNCAKE-- "C'mon man, just stop with the bullshit, let's just calm down and-" Ulysses turned, and punched him right in the nose, causin

• James is gay? What? Well, that changes things.

I'm James, and I'm seriously afraid for my life right now. The whole "Ulysses hating me" thing could be solved quite simply: James has (or had) a boyfriend. The bloke has nothing to worry about.

• Yeah. I was wondering why he was getting so close to Selene all this time. I guess it just slipped your mind or something after reading my post lol

James is gay? What? Well, that changes things.

• It wasn't supposed to be a romantic thing anyway, because he and Selene were just becoming good friends, and Ulysses was getting jealous and paranoid.

Yeah. I was wondering why he was getting so close to Selene all this time. I guess it just slipped your mind or something after reading my post lol

• PART 8 IS HAPPENING. PREPARE YOURSELVES.

• Browser crashed. Lost story. Very sad. I'll get it done tomorrow though.

• Again? This is like the 13th time.

TheWaitingContinues

Browser crashed. Lost story. Very sad. I'll get it done tomorrow though.

• Sorry :(

Again? This is like the 13th time. TheWaitingContinues

• Its okay. :)

Browser crashed. Lost story. Very sad. I'll get it done tomorrow though.

• --MARK--

The bullet rang out through the prison. He realized that someone had shot at them, and looked at the gate. 5 snipers, and 10 ground men, all at the gates. Christian came out, and was shot at, and ducked behind a cement block. Arthur looked shocked. "Mark, go get the guns. Quickly!" Mark ran for the armory, and looked around. Captain told Mark of the time that one night he blacked out from lack of sleep, and was robbed for most of his supplies, therefore weapons are limited. They had an Idea of what to do for robberies, but had never had one, and had no plan for gang robberies, especially of this size. Mark grabbed the pistol for himself, a shotgun for Christian, and a machine gun (which he notes as almost out of ammo, therefore doesn't bother using) to Arthur. Vasilisa doesn't like fighting, and Captain was their sniper, and his gun was up in the watchtower. Mark threw Christian the shotgun, which he dropped, and Mark remembered that his leg hadn't fully healed yet. Christian was still good though, ad Arthur caught his weapon no problem, but was a bit confused, as he had no specialty in machine guns. The ground men got through the fence, led by a red haired girl on the wall, yelling orders, and jumping into action too. Captain nodded to Mark, who covered him as he ran towards the watch tower, taking out the first ground man. Their robbery plan was working perfectly, everyone had a weapon, and Captain was stationed in the watch tower. Arthur opened fire, taking out 3 ground men and a sniper, as a 30-ish year old sniper yelled out to the leader, the red-headed woman, in a panic. "VIOLA! WE'RE GOING DOWN! WHAT NOW?!" She calmly replied "We stick to the plan. We still outnumber them. Brock, you're new, I get it, but we know what we're doing!" Mark shot at her, but hit someone who was running by, as he heard Arthur say "Oh no. I'm out. I need a new magazine." Christian, without warning, started covering him, taking out 3 ground men, with Captain hitting whoever he didn't. There was 3 ground men, 2 snipers, and Viola. Captain took aim on Viola, who was in a firefight with Christian, collapsed from exhaustion, at the worst possible time. With less action, as most of the other side was dead, Christian heard Captain collapse to the ground hard, and in the 1 second he was distracted, Viola took advantage by shooting him in the lung. He hit the ground hard, with a thump, and Mark looked over, and was enraged. Realizing he was screwed, Brock threw the other sniper in front of himself, as he was shot by Mark in a rampage, and Brock jumped over the wall onto the streets, and ran away. The ground men were all murdered, as jut Viola remained. She tried to run away and shoot at them, but Captain Ballarms came to, shooting her in the thigh before she made it too far. Mark grabbed her gun, as Vasilisa came out, and the all gathered around Christian, except Captain, who stood watch, holding Viola at gunpoint. Christian was violently shaking, spitting out blood, as Mark looked at his closest ally, dying. "I'll put him down." Mark said, solemnly, as Christian violently shook his head "no". Mark approached him, and looked down. "See you in heave someday, bud." Mark said, as Christian began to tear up, and Mark put a single bullet in his skull.

RIP Christian (MrLee). You died as you lived, in battle, and you shall be remembered as a good teammate, and a good friend to everyone at the prison. This was the first death not dictated by a choice, but because the story demanded it. Mark needed a reason to be angry, and the battle needed a casualty. Sorry, dude!

Mark turned to Viola. "What do we do with her?" Arthur asked, as Mark coldly replied "we kill her." "I have a suggestion." Vasilisa says, "we lock her up in a jail cell. Like in old society. I don't want to just murder her....." Captain Ballarms sighs, and says "I agree." "Me too. I know we just killed a bunch of people, but this feels different. He's unarmed, and we have options now. But Mark has the gun, so it really is his choice...."

Shoot Her

Lock Her Up

--EMMA--

She, Brett and Garret had made it to Atlanta. "Guys, look! A hotel. I've always wanted to stay in one..." Emma said, as Brett smiled. "Me and Garret stayed in one once. It was when we went to Toronto. He wanted to see the CN tower, and his birthday gift was to choose where we were vacationing, so that was a good time." Garret laughed. "You didn't even go up the tower. I did, and you waited at the bottom!" Brett smiled, as they continued to discuss their past trips, and entered the hotel. As soon as they entered, they saw a door that stood out from the rest. Door #185, it as unusually clean and nice, and footsteps could be heard behind it. They crept up to the door, and slowly knocked. A woman with black hair opened the door, pointing a gun at them, as they all raised their hands. "What do you want?" She asked, seriously, as Emma nervously replied. "Hi. I'm Emma. This is Brett and Garret." "Hey." Garret said, as Emma nervously continued. "We've been walking for about half an hour, and are looking for somewhere to stay...." The woman lowered her gun, and Emma saw 3 people behind her. "These are my sisters, Mai and Sakuna." she said, pointing to 2 girls. "This is Devin." She said, pointing to a guy with brown hair. "I am Kimiko." "Hey, Kimiko. Is this your whole group?" Brett asked, as she sighed. "There were more of us. I found protecting my on flesh and blood extremely important during attacks, so I had the chance to only save a small group, and everyone else either died or disappeared after that. Then, Devin showed up, because the convenience store he was at was robbed, and walkers ate the looters, allowing him to escape, and then he found here. Anyway, no matter. You all look hungry. Mai is making cream of mushroom soup from our garden, feel free to join us." They all smiled, and began to make themselves at home.

--JANE--

Jane had not given up. She had left the farm for food, and was trapped in a building by walkers, and she was unarmed, and her asthma won't let her carry on quickly. She had to get out fast. There was a hatch to get to the attic, which was perfect, but she couldn't reach it. She grabbed a crate, and hauled it over, barely grabbing the hatch, and releasing the ladder. The lurkers broke the door, and in the nick of time, she clibed the ladder. A lurker grabbed her foot, and she undid the shoelace as fast as she could, and let them have the sneaker, as she pulled u the hatch, and hid in the attic. With 1 shoe, no weapons, and no way out, she assessed the situation. She saw the stain glass window, and realized: she could break it, and get out! She found the heaviest thing in the room, a bowling ball, and lobbed it into the window, shattering it. The terrace was just across from her, and she knew she could make the jump, so she ran for it and.......cut her foot extremely baldly on the foot without the shoe, and fell, narrowly missing the terrace falling into the dumpster. She hit her head on a hubcap, going unconscious, her last memory being the sound of the clang her head made colliding with steel.

--JAMES--

After Ulysses locked him out, he had to find a way to save himself. He entered the nearest apartment, slamming the door, holding it shut, and looking for options. He realized his luck, as he entered a room with a fire escape, and he quickly opened the window, and jumped through, with walkers in pursuit. He regretted leaving Selene and Puncake, Ulysses not so much, but he hoped to find them again some day. He was about to get down the road to look for a new safe place to hole up in, as he heard a clang from and alleyway, and decided to go check it out. He found a young girl, bleeding, lying in a dumpster with walkers approaching. Sighing, as he realized what heroic deed needed to be done, he picked her up, slung her over his shoulder, and ran to look for a safe place, the scent of blood making him a huge target.

• FINALLY DONE!!!! YES!!!!!

--MARK-- The bullet rang out through the prison. He realized that someone had shot at them, and looked at the gate. 5 snipers, and 10 gro

• Alt text

Lock Her Up

No let her go option? Ah well.

--MARK-- The bullet rang out through the prison. He realized that someone had shot at them, and looked at the gate. 5 snipers, and 10 gro

• James is the real MVP for saving that girl.

Lock Her Up

• edited July 2014

Wait to go James saving that girl like a badass, owe and Lock her up

• Let a hitman/robber go, after you just murdered their only chance of survival, their group. First, cruel, second, that might/will bite you in the ass.

Lock Her Up No let her go option? Ah well.

• Okay, you have a point.

On a side note, did you know The Walking Mustache got banned? Our bro in the 400 days fan fic? Apparently he was drunk, and spammed Kenny confirmed for Season 2 gifs lol.

Let a hitman/robber go, after you just murdered their only chance of survival, their group. First, cruel, second, that might/will bite you in the ass.

• Oh god, no. Getting drunk: the root of all evil. I haven't talked to him since the 400 days story. Wasn't there a 4th guy, who had 2 characters he made, ad constantly used, I forget his name.....

Okay, you have a point. On a side note, did you know The Walking Mustache got banned? Our bro in the 400 days fan fic? Apparently he was drunk, and spammed Kenny confirmed for Season 2 gifs lol.

• Shoot Her. Sorry Viola, but not only did you just kill our friend, but you are also injured, which would mean we would have to use medical supplies on you, and you would have to eat and drink, wasting more of our supplies.

• tntlee2099?

Oh god, no. Getting drunk: the root of all evil. I haven't talked to him since the 400 days story. Wasn't there a 4th guy, who had 2 characters he made, ad constantly used, I forget his name.....

• Yeah, him. Haven't seen him since.

tntlee2099?

• VOTING CLOSED, THE GROUP WILL LOCK UP VIOLA

By the way, guys, there will be 2 more parts in chapter 1, which I have decided to name "Rising", and there will be this part. which will have choices. There will be the end part, no choices. Then, a summary of the chapter for anyone who wants to start reading in the future, and then Chapter 2 begins. Slight side note, I like my middle parts to be a bloodbath, where people are dying left and right, so even though we only have had the death of Brock's followers, Puncake and Ulysses' friend, Gray, Cornpopper, Christian (the only 3 main character deaths), and unnamed members of Kimiko's group up to this point, I can guarantee more deaths to come. Of course, the vast majority will be optional, as that's my goal, but not all deaths will be so obvious to prevent, so be careful next chapter >:D

• Omg my character is in already?? :)

• Sorry guys, I am on vacation, I'll TRY to get a part up in the next 2 weeks :P

• Okay guys, I have a question, and I would like you to answer. If I were to update this regularly from this point on, would anyone here still read? I've been on vacation most of July, but that's over, so is anyone still here? Please comment if you are, because even if there is only 2 readers, I'll continue. Please reply if you want me to continue, because I want to, I got a burst of ideas for this story, but if nobody is reading, what's the point.

• I've been wanting to see my character introduction to the story, so yeah I'd still read it.

• Sorry, but I do have your character's intro planned, because I know you've been waiting :D

I've been wanting to see my character introduction to the story, so yeah I'd still read it.

• I'd still read it.

• Bro, i read your story. Now when my character is in, im rooting on her.

• 3 people? Enough for me! I'll start working on a part now! Reread in the mean time, hopefully I can get all the readers back.

• --MARK--

He wanted to pull the trigger. He almost did, as he put his finger on the trigger, and was gonna pull it. He looked up, at Vasilisa, Arthur, and Captain, all looking at him, and the unarmed, shot girl, writhing in pain, as he lowered the weapon. He grabbed her by the arm, and dragged her off to the prison cell, as she grunted in pain. "Come on. You're damn lucky to be alive. You're gonna rot in a cell for the rest of your pointless life." She looked at him in pain, as he was using every inch of his self-control not to beat her senseless. He threw her into a cell, locking it, as she sat there, holding her leg. He went back outside, as he saw everyone gathered around Christian's corpse. "Mark, I'm so sorry about-" Vasilisa began, as he stormed past her. He walked up to his cell, and tried to open it, but his hands were so sweaty from the battle, he couldn't open it, which made him more frustrated, until he punched the door, putting a hole in it, and angrily tearing it off the hinges, before going in to be alone, as his group looked on, concerned.

--JOSEY--

John had been driving non-stop for a few days now. He had stocked up on as many Jerry cans full of gasoline as he could carry. They had gone through 5, and had only stopped to eat and sleep, usually on 1 stop. One night, John had stopped to go look at something, as Josey woke up, and quietly got out, trying not to awake Melanie, who had barely slept since losing her arm. John was looking at a sign that read, in neon blue paint, an address, with the subtitle "Safety. Security. Survival. Looking for recruits." "Seems like a safe place to stay." Josey said, as John looked surprised. "I didn't know you were up. But yeah, if it's not a trap, that seems like a good place to live. From my routes, I know it's a mall, a lot of crime there back in the day. I'm on the fence..... I guess I took a risk helping you and Melanie out, and it's worked out for me, but I don't know about this one, either we live happily, or we are killed. Your call, Josey."

"I Think It Would Be Best To Go There."

"Too Risky, We Should Keep Surviving On Our Own."

--DEVYN--

Devyn had been alone for a while, hungry and tired, walking down the road. She saw a diner in some trees, and some commotion inside. She pulled out her gun, and went inside, slowly. She saw a group of guys, 3 of them, 2 of them rummaging through bags, and the last one holding some guy at gunpoint. The guy at gunpoint saw her, as she slowly backed away. He was being robbed, and she didn't want to get in the middle of it. But...... she needed a group, and even that 1 guy could help her..... she aimed her gun, and shot the guy holding the man at gunpoint, running in to go help get rid of the other 2. The guy was looking for something, presumably a gun, but 1 of the guys robbing him grabbed it first, as he ducked to grab the dead guy's gun. Devyn panicked, regretting her decision to help this guy, as the 2 bandits came at her, 1 pointing a gun, the other going to stab her with a switchblade he pulled out. She could quickly disarm one of them, but the other would still be armed..... she had to think fast.

Disarm The Guy With A Gun

Disarm The Guy With A Knife

• "I Think It Would Be Best To Go There."

As risky as these things are, it's a likely place to stock up on supplies at least otherwise it could be a good place to stay.

Disarm The Guy With A Knife

Both weapons are deadly but a knife attack can be quick and deadly, leading to all sort of life threatening cuts, best to disarm the guy with the Knife.

• edited August 2014

"I Think It Would Be Best To Go There."
    lllusives's reason for going

Disarm The Guy With A Gun
    Get gun shoot guy with knife, Gun always wins.

• ** I think it would be best to go there**
    I think there is going to be safe.
    ** Disarm the guy with a knife**

• Wait, what does disarm mean? Will I take the weapon?

--MARK-- He wanted to pull the trigger. He almost did, as he put his finger on the trigger, and was gonna pull it. He looked up, at Vasil

• Yeah, you take, or at least make him drop his weapon

sardines posted: »

Wait, what does disarm mean? Will I take the weapon?

• edited August 2014

In that case I guess Disarm the Guy with a Knife, since he's about to stab me. Also I can shoot the other guy. Hopefully.

And "I Think It Would Be Best To Go There."

Yeah, you take, or at least make him drop his weapon

• Ok, voting closed, Devyn will disarm the guy with the knife, and John, Josey, and Melanie will go to the Mall

Like I said forever ago, 1 more part, then.......I guess I'll make this episodic. Episode 1 will be complete. No choices on the last part, and there will NOT be a break between episodes. Hopefully today I can get up the final part of Episode 1, make a summary, and start Episode 2 (Maybe tomorrow, if so, I'll just put up a "teaser", or a few lines from planned scenes. So be ready for that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.