Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Oh, okay, thanks.

"Interactive Story By" and "Written By" are two different credits.

• Most of these type of choices are all over the place in season 1. You can see them in S2, but they are way less frequent. One for example is when you're talking to Luke in episode 4 about trusting Jane (right before he "makes it" with her).

FetchWalker posted: »

Now when I'm replaying season 2 again, I'm finding so many interesting things that I didn't know before or pay attention to. For example

• Clem never even got a better jacket either!

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Pretty much. The only new thing Jane did teach Clementine was that she needed a better jacket to protect her from walker bites, that's it. Everything else Clem had already done before.

• In 203, when Reggie ask your name, if you say "What's it to you." to Reggie and then say "sorry about that" to Mike when he asks you to be quite, Reggie will get mad and say That you are mean to him but nice to the person you dont even know.

• Because that's what happens when you have a guy who is busy designing TWD and TWAU at the same time (Eric Stirpe) and a guy who doesn't work at Telltale and wasn't involved in the development of Season 2 (J.T. Petty) write an episode. Seriously, these two guys shouldn't write for The Walking Dead anymore, especially Petty.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I just realised that all of this makes Jane's role in Episode 4 unnecessary and forced. Why is she teaching Clementine everything she already knows and why did the writers forget this?

• I feel bad about Reggie now.

Poogers555 posted: »

In 203, when Reggie ask your name, if you say "What's it to you." to Reggie and then say "sorry about that" to Mike when he asks you to be quite, Reggie will get mad and say That you are mean to him but nice to the person you dont even know.

• OW ;( i thought the option " it looks better then it did " was a little joke from clem saying that his face looks better then before he got beat up

When you're changing Kenny's bandage in No Going Back, you have a different dialogue option depending on how you talked to Kenny in Amid the

• I wanna see a video of the walker fight ! :D

I played S2 EP1 recently and discovered some minor things. After Clem sneaks into the cabin, if you go to Sarah first and promise to be h

• Kenny wasn't ugly to begin with, he has the power of the almighty beard.

splinter601 posted: »

OW ;( i thought the option " it looks better then it did " was a little joke from clem saying that his face looks better then before he got beat up

• Well actually no. Whilst Janes scavenging teachings should have been clear. The teaching about harming a walkers legs were useful. The way Clementine did it was bad. She swung to the leg, which made her spend more time, regaining her posture before hitting the walker in the head.

With Janes method, Clementine could kick its leg and then swing immediately afterwards.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I just realised that all of this makes Jane's role in Episode 4 unnecessary and forced. Why is she teaching Clementine everything she already knows and why did the writers forget this?

• harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni

No, it's the credit given to the writer(s) and designer(s) on a given episode. As designer, I was focused on the interactive portion and making sure that worked within the narrative, and the writers are focused on the story and dialog.

With that said, there are a lot of people involved in the story, but that credit usually goes to the writer and designer assigned to the episode.

So "Interactive Story By" is for who writes the plot and "Written By" is for who writes the dialogue?

• I was replaying S1E3 and through a certain dialogue option Lee tells Clementine how his mom used to play the tuba, then he talks about one April fools day his brother decides to fill up her tuba with flour and the flour got all over Lee because his mom decided to wake him up with the tuba as an April fools prank and she didn't notice there was flour inside. It was actually really funny.

• Huh. If they went with the creepy sociopath from Episode 3 and didn't bother trying to give her a sob-story, maybe she'd have been a more entertaining antagonist.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Yes, from what her voice actor in the Playing Dead episode mentioned some of Jane's later lines were originally colder.

• That would've been so cool _

Bokor posted: »

Huh. If they went with the creepy sociopath from Episode 3 and didn't bother trying to give her a sob-story, maybe she'd have been a more entertaining antagonist.

• edited November 2014
    splinter601 posted: »

I wanna see a video of the walker fight !

• He looks a lot better with the beard.

Kenny wasn't ugly to begin with, he has the power of the almighty beard.

• Pretty sure Kenny found it. "Walter and I need to talk about something... important outside."

fallandir posted: »

Yup, it's probably how Walter found it.

• Kenny didn't know about Matthew. He asks Walter "What's going on?" after Walter throws the knife away.

Pretty sure Kenny found it. "Walter and I need to talk about something... important outside."

• Oh, now it's clear!

Now I know that if I misunderstand "Glass Him" I've to forgive the "Interactive Story By" guy. :D
    But now I also know which of you to thanks for me having fun and which of you to thanks for me being hooked by the story! :)

I'd say... thank you everyone there! You keep my life happy. :)

(pssst: good luck with Tales, your new baby ^^ ... already preordered! :D )

No, it's the credit given to the writer(s) and designer(s) on a given episode. As designer, I was focused on the interactive portion and mak

• In S1E1 the lady who shoots herself at the motor inn makes her last appearance in the pile of walkers.

Alt text

• harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni

I'm glad I could clear it up! Thanks for playing and being a fan.

And thanks for the good wishes! I haven't been involved with TFTBL since May, but the team has continued doing fantastic work and I'm so proud of where Episode 1 landed. I think you will be too!

Oh, now it's clear! Now I know that if I misunderstand "Glass Him" I've to forgive the "Interactive Story By" guy. But now I also know

• in s2 e2 when luke and clem cross the bridge ... we know that luke slips as he keeps his leg on the wooden plank between the tracks and they break since they are weak and even after this the whole group still walks on the planks(luke himself again) after mathew has been shot ... this shows the symbol of stupidity

• edited November 2014

nevermind

• he didn't mention ben on my playthrough where i killed him... your game is just bugged

nevermind

• edited November 2014

yup i agree

Jewfreeus posted: »

he didn't mention ben on my playthrough where i killed him... your game is just bugged

• If Ben dies in episode 4, Kenny will say that he was trying to save Christa or something, I can't remember the exact dialogue, and he talks about Ben if he dies in episode 5. Like Jewfreeus said, your game is probably bugged.

nevermind

• let me tell a funny thing here: in s2 e3 when clem steals the walkie talkie ,, the next morning tavia includes nick(determinant) with sarah jane rebecca she says something like this" rebecca sarah jane nick ... if u want to take a piss do it now , cause u wont get another break"

• "Christa got in the hell of a mess, I gave her a hand and then got... messier. For a minute there, it wasn't looking too good for old Kenny. Long story short, I got lucky, real lucky."

IAmHoboKing posted: »

If Ben dies in episode 4, Kenny will say that he was trying to save Christa or something, I can't remember the exact dialogue, and he talks about Ben if he dies in episode 5. Like Jewfreeus said, your game is probably bugged.

• I don't get it...

let me tell a funny thing here: in s2 e3 when clem steals the walkie talkie ,, the next morning tavia includes nick(determinant) with sarah

• nick has been grouped with the female characters and telltale doesnt want him to be treated as a valid character after he was rescued in e2 ..... they just wanted us to put him down .... screw ttg

I don't get it...

• Then I'm glad I could help you cover all the balsas, friend. Ash me for help on that anytime. :D

I missed a pun!

• Thanks for putting that in the game. :) It was a nice little bit I found in my first playthrough also. I accidentally let go of the mouse for a bit, but it was still very nice.

I was wondering if anyone would ever find that

• edited November 2014

Haven't played this choice in ep. 2 for awhile, but you can also use the hammer knee trick on the standing walker before the bridge, if you choose to disregard Luke's plan, right? I forget if there were 3 points to choose for impact, or 2...

In the end, it's a good thing Clem lost her hammer on the bridge. That tool was even worse than the hatchet at getting stuck in craniums.

FetchWalker posted: »

Another thing I found - Clem already did the things Jane "taught" her in episode 4. In episode 1, she searched the pockets of the tied on

• edited November 2014

Yep. Ep 2: Luke nearly falls through the wooden supports of the bridge to a (likely) watery death in the river. Ep. 5: Luke falls through the icy supports of the lake to a watery death. Your comment brought that to mind.

in s2 e2 when luke and clem cross the bridge ... we know that luke slips as he keeps his leg on the wooden plank between the tracks and they

• I didn't even understand the joke until a few weeks ago and I thought the actual meaning of the joke was eating the 'shit' out of the raccoon like the actual shit.. Soooooo if someone could explain the ''immature'' one.. that'd be great.

I'm 14 and I didn't think of the "adult" version. I immediately thought "poop". That other one didn't cross my mind even once until now that he says it.

• edited November 2014

Not strictly a TWD game tidbit, but it does deal with comics Carol: (closest other thread seemed to be TWD memes thread, so this will do)

Carol dark humor

Those of you who have read or remember Carol's arc in the prison may find this interview somewhat humorous.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2014

There's a fair amount of environmental story-telling that lets you piece together what happened to that security guard at the very end of Season 1, the one that's 'sitting' in the display case.

If you look closely, you'll see various bullet-holes riddling the walls and windows around the guard.

If you look really closely at the officer himself, you can see multiple gunshot wounds all over his body. Furthermore, if you look really closely, you can see that the vault behind him is open.

Here's some bad quality pictures to get the idea:

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Someone looted the place, pumped the guard full of lead, and he fell onto the display case and eventually turned.

• Or maybe the guy who writed the episode 4 just don't know how to correctly write a Telltale game episode.

seanstin posted: »

Apparently, someone forgot the fact that Clem already knew these things when writing episode 4.............

• Yo! That's what this thread is about! Nice find there!

Deltino posted: »

There's a fair amount of environmental story-telling that lets you piece together what happened to that security guard at the very end of Se

• Clementine should've just nod her head and smile while Jane was "teaching" her the "new" skills.

Clementine's thoughts: "HAHAHAHAAAH. SHE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE!"

seanstin posted: »

Apparently, someone forgot the fact that Clem already knew these things when writing episode 4.............

Sign in to comment in this discussion.