More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• Back in Georgia, Ian slowly rouse from his deep slumber, the chillness of the air dominating the room felt refreshing, however the taste in his mouth was dry as a bone. He grabbed the rifle and bag and slowly made his way downstairs. Thin layers of white light were breaking through the chinks of the boarded up windows. Kaden was snoring mildly ignoring the sound of a shattered bottle which Ian clumsily knocked over.

“Rise and shine” Ian yawned and tugged his shoulder.

“What the hell dude?” Kaden muttered lethargically.

“Get up, we need to get going” Ian urged.

“Go where? what’s the damn rush?” Kaden asked while sluggishly lifting his skinny body in an upright position and rubbed his face.

“The rush is that time is running out fast, soon we’ll not only have to deal with walkers and looney fucking people, but also with the harshness winter” Ian grunted.

“I’m sensing you got some sorta plan?...right?” Kaden murmured indifferently with a frown.

“Something struck me when I woke up....have you ever considered that this whole zombie thing might only be happening here in the US? Think about it.....we haven’t got the faintest idea what’s going on in other parts of the world” Ian suggested shortly.

“Um....yeah and so what? you’re planning on flying somewhere?.....good plan” Kaden scowled and coughed.

“If I knew how to pilot a plane, then...yeah I would’ve thought of looking for one, but we can head south where it’s warm...like...Mexico, oh or an island like Cuba or the Bahamas” Ian said thoughtfully.

“Yep and we’ll smoke cigars while gunning down walkers...oh man you really sound desperate.....or we can just assume that the dead have risen everywhere and we’re all doomed for eternity” Kaden remarked sarcastically with a soft chuckle and laid back again.

“You changed your damn tune from last night, what happened to finding a place where the walkers won’t find us? isolating ourselves from all this crap?” Ian replied sarcastically likewise.

“For one we’d still need a boat to get there, and to be quite frank with you I doubt there will be any available” Kaden scoffed.

“There’s only one way to find out” Ian smiled thinly.

“What about Canada? I mean they have a lot of empty waste land......huge lakes, forests, mountains.....plenty places where walkers might never creep in” Kaden muttered casually.

“Er-here pops up another problem......wildlife, I don’t want to get ripped open by a grizzly bear or some other creature.....don’t get me wrong I love animals.....but only served on a plate” Ian chuckled.

“Fuck, now that you mention, that does sound scary....wherever you look there’s always something huh....damn you got any water in that bag I’m thirsty?” Kaden shook his head sideways.

“There isn’t much left” Ian took a moment to look inside the bag, there was still one full bottle of water which Ian tried to keep for himself and hid it under his sweater and food.

He handed Kaden the other bottle which only had a few sips in it remaining “That’s the last we got” Ian mumbled.

“Then it’ll have to do” Kaden muttered and took a long gulp downing the bottle.

“C’mon lets find ourselves a vehicle first” Ian suggested.

“Yeah...yeah I’m up.....time to head out I guess” Kaden scratched through his messy hair and before leaving he grabbed a hammer from a tool box located by the door.

The two shortly after headed out into the fine weather. The slight chill in the air and ambient temperature clinched a good start to the morning. Additionally it was splendid for their long anticipated walk along the main road.
    “How’s the leg?” Ian broke the silence. “It’s far from okay, but it’s getting there” Kaden clenched his teeth as he slowly recovered. “How’s your face?” Kaden chuckled softly. “It’s excruciating” Ian laughed. After neutralizing a few walkers they managed to scavenge a car with Kaden hot-wiring it. Almost sixty miles later the duo stopped in Lyons to get supplies “Are you sure we gotta stop here?” Kaden grunted indifferently.

“We need more food... of course we need to stop” Ian shook his head contemptuously.

“Nothing we can’t handle” Kaden remarked at the sight of few walkers ahead.

“I ain’t gonna waste more bullets, why don’t you do some of the wet work” Ian suggested with a smirk.
    “I’d still kick your ass, even with one leg” Kaden chuckled softly while he took out the dead.

“C’mon lets start shopping” Ian muttered as they started to loot the nearby stores.

They also noticed the road blocked off ahead with a mass of wood and metal combined, but the main focus was to get supplies and get back on their journey. Ian quickly grabbed some cans and dried pasta, Kaden grabbed a baseball bat, a pair of scissors and a couple of rags. “Why do you need scissors?” Ian winced looking through boxes and shelves. “I’ll tell ya when I find some tape, I’m gonna check across the street” Kaden grumbled in a focused tone. “Yeah whatever” Ian replied uninterested. A long moment later Ian heard a commotion as if a bottle or something shattered “Hello? anyone out there?....Kaden is that you?” he called out.

“Fuck....what the hell now” Ian whispered to himself as he investigated with his rifle holstered.

Once entering the store across the street, a short woman pointed an AR-18 assault rifle to his neck from the left flank. “Put the rifle down slowly” she muttered.

“Just tell me one thing, are you going to kill? if the answer is yes then--” Ian stuttered nervously.

“That depends, now do it” She persisted heavily.

Ian dropped the rifle and had a good look at her. She was in her mid-twenties and was short comparing to himself. “I did what you asked me, I’m Ian by the way” Ian smirked agitatedly. She looked at him from top to bottom and cocked an eyebrow “You ain’t from Brick’s crew are ya?”

“Who? I have no idea what you’re on about” Ian winced.

“You certainly don’t look the part, but your pal does--” She clenched her teeth.

“We’re traveling together, but he isn’t my pal, where’s he anyway?” Ian chuckled awkwardly.

“You’re really weird, are hiding something?” Her vibrant light skinned african-american face looked him eye to eye, her body was very slim yet provided a strong muscle definition.

“Of course not” Ian grimaced.

“Any sudden moves and you’ll be picking your brain from the ground” She said roughly.

Ian noticed she had a brown wristband with Monica written on it “Is that your name?” he gestured cautiously at her wrist “It is, so what?” She frowned hostilely. Monica’s facial features were sharp, eyes big and brown, lips full and rose colored. Her hair was slick, shoulder-length and black, with no fringe. She was wearing a black athletic t-shirt with grey sweatpants and comfortable two-tone trainers.

“Nothing, it’s er-nice to meet you, if you’re in any trouble it’s certainly not with us” Ian smirked.

“They’re not with Brick, Monica” Another girl appeared dressed in a dark green fitted shirt with short dark denim shorts.

“I know that already Beth, so who are they with then?!” Monica snapped.

“It’s just us, we have no other affiliations I swear, and we don’t want any trouble all we wanted was to find supplies, that’s all” Ian said nervously.

“Monica he’s telling the truth” Beth said softly.

Monica lowered her rifle and retreated to a back room behind Beth “Can you tell what’s going on? and where’s Kaden?” Ian asked mildly.

“C’mon back here” Beth gestured.

Beth was the same height as Monica and younger, however she had loose wavy blonde hair and distinctively wide blue eyes not far apart and fair skin. In the back room four other women were hiding out, Kaden was on the ground held at gunpoint by Sara. Ian stared at the her, liking what he was seeing, apart from the point of her aiming an assault rifle at his companion. She looked to be in her thirties, her figure was relatively slim, yet her curvy hips stood out and was much taller than Monica and Beth. Her facial features and tanned skin gave the impression she was hispanic. Sara also had brown eyes and sported long black hair tied in a high ponytail. Her retro navy windbreaker caught Ian’s eye as it was slightly covered in blood. She also had a stern and rational demeanor while he entered. Margaux was not far from Kaden, sitting weakly on the ground suffering from a gunshot wound to the abdomen. Ian only perceived her to be in late twenties, she had mousy and curly brown bob hair. The last two women were the eldest of this small ragtag clan of females. Their names were Bree and Evelyn, although Evelyn preferred to call herself Luna. Bree aided Margaux applying pressure to her wound, she resembled a typical housewife and had straight, blonde hair, with pale skin and ocean blue eyes. Luna was by the window holding her pistol tight and urgently scanning the area outside. Despite the fact of her holding a gun she looked harmless. As Ian appeared in the room he briefly caught Luna’s dark glaring hazel eyes looking his way. Luna was also certainly the tallest, she had curly red hair and very pale skin.

“It’s okay Sara you can let him go” Monica nodded discreetly.

“You really didn’t have to hit me on the head, y’know?” Kaden remarked snidely and Ian helped him up.

“We thought you were someone else, sorry” Sara responded firmly without hostility.

“Who are you running from?” Ian asked curiously.

“Brick Williams, he’s the guy that controls these areas and you don’t want to come across him....so I suggest you get the hell out of this town” Monica replied vaguely.

“Then what are you all doing here? you gotta run too” Ian frowned.

“We can’t leave our friend behind” Bree responded worriedly.

“I haven’t got time for this, I’m gonna check if I can find some bandages for Margaux, keep your eyes peeled girls” Monica remarked seriously and headed off.

“Well I heard enough shit for one day, you coming Ian?” Kaden shrugged and jerked Ian’s shoulder, but he seemed to be pondering about this new possible threat.

Major Choice: Help

[Offer to help them]

[Leave them and the town immediately]

• [Offer to help them]

Domingez posted: »

Back in Georgia, Ian slowly rouse from his deep slumber, the chillness of the air dominating the room felt refreshing, however the taste in

• [Leave them and the town immediately]

Well... I'd like to help them and choosing this option was harder than I thought. The situation itself sounds interesting. At the same time, I enjoy the two jerks and their dynamic, so I obviously try to keep them alive. Not only have these women been rather rude to them, they also explicitely warned them not to meet this Brick guy, so staying and helping sounds like a suicidal choice. Getting the hell out of there immediately also sounds like the option that is more in line with Ian's character. After all, getting the hell out of stuff is something he is rather good at.

Back in Georgia, Ian slowly rouse from his deep slumber, the chillness of the air dominating the room felt refreshing, however the taste in

As bad as it makes me feel, Liquid is right. This seems way too dangerous, and is likely to lead to either Kaden or Ian's deaths.

Honestly, I'd love to help them and all, but I feel like this choice seems more in character for Ian.

• [Offer to help them]

Come on, lets help them. On their own, Kaden and Ian wont make it far so they can use the help just as well.

• Skylar kneeled by the fire and looked gloomily into the slow burning flames as she couldn’t force herself into letting go of her past. Pondering about how in this world the future becomes even more obscure and grim than ever before, the past seems the only thing worth thinking about right now. Despite the fact she rarely discusses about Zack these days, she feels like fighting against an invisible force in an attempt to forget him. But this sort of pain will exist forever as she tucked the photo back into her side pocket. Richard returned shortly after with his cheerful dog Timothy. “Hey Sky, what are up to?” he gasped optimistically and shivered from cold. “Just thinking too much” She smiled flatly.

“You wanna talk about it?” Richard murmured as he made himself comfortable in the armchair.

“Have you ever tried to forget about someone? someone close” Skylar asked softly.

“Sure, I think everyone has someone or something they want to forget” Richard replied casually.

“You think it’s possible, to forget?” Skylar asked mildly.

“Depends on how much that someone means to you, Rimbaud once wrote something along the lines that whatever binds people together, is not love, but selfishness and fear in the end love doesn't exist only self interest and attachment based on personal gains” Richard replied calmly.

“Is that from the book you still keep carrying around?” Skylar smirked thinly.

“Yeah, I’ve must’ve read it a thousand times by now” Richard chuckled softly.

“Do you believe it?” Skylar asked curiously.

“Heh not all of it, love does exist in my book.......and it fits in with fear and selfishness, that’s what keeps people together, so.....yeah love does exist if you ask me” Richard smiled.

“Makes sense I guess” Skylar nodded sullenly.

“If the person still matters to you....then it will never go away no matter what you try to do” Richard said thoughtfully and his face faded into sadness.

“Thanks Rich” Skylar said softly.

“Any time Sky, I’m gonna hit the sack, tomorrow...I mean today is gonna be a long day for us....tell your dad g’night from me” Richard muttered and sluggishly climbed the stairs.

The flames were getting weaker and weaker, Skylar started to get worried about her fathers long absence and decided to look out the window, seeing nothing but pine trees and bushes. Feeling uneased she decided to step out, the chilling air instantly bit her on the neck as she scanned the area. Distant noises of someone shouting startled her, while investigating she called out “Dad?” semi-loudly and carefully creeped through the forest trying to track down the source.

“We know you’re not alone old-timer, so cut the bullshit!” the voices were more audible.

“I don’t think he know’s anything about our guy?” another voice was heard.

“What were you looking for out here?” another voice persisted.

“There’s no need for violence, my mate needs help he is--” Wesley said casually trying to buy himself some time.

“Who’s your friend? where’s he?!” another asked roughly.

This was happening now a few feet away from Skylar as she started shaking upon hearing her father’s voice. Four men were interrogating Wesley, who was on the ground panting for air, he was probably beaten, but Skylar couldn’t see his face. The men were probably scavengers and were armed, three of them had pistols and the other a crossbow.

“Richie boy is his name, a good lad I have to tell ya, just came out here to have a slash, got totally pissed--” Wesley ranted and laughed.

“You Aussie motherfucker better start talking!” One the scavengers dragged him against a tree and punched him in the stomach.

“You really are a bunch of fucksticks, What do ya fuckwits wanna know more? the size of my donga!” Wesley spitted blood and laughed.

Major Choice: Rescue

[Distract them]

[Run back to the cabin and alert Richard]

[Do nothing]

• edited February 2016

Oh my....well if she distract them, they will go after her and she probably has no weapon on her. That might be dangerous.

Doing nothing doesn´t seem like a good solution to me.

So my choice is.... [Run back to the cabin and alert Richard] grab some weapons and hope they won´t come too late. They will have the element of surprise on their side, that might help.

Skylar kneeled by the fire and looked gloomily into the slow burning flames as she couldn’t force herself into letting go of her past. Ponde

• [Run back to the cabin and alert Richard]

Skylar kneeled by the fire and looked gloomily into the slow burning flames as she couldn’t force herself into letting go of her past. Ponde

• [Run back to the cabin and alert Richard]

This is the only sensible option in my eyes. Doing nothing is clearly the worst option and distracting them is by far too dangerous for an unarmed girl. I'm not the biggest Skylar fan, but to be fair, that is not her fault. She is alright and my slight dislike for her is entirely the result of her connection to Zack. And while I hate that asshole, I don't hate him even nearly enough to get his completely innocent girlfriend killed on purpose. I mean, its not as if he's Liam or something like that. Though I still hope they will never reunite, because Skylar is better off without him.

• “Yeah, I’m sorry we can’t stay.....we’re leaving....sorry” Ian replied unsurely after a brief pause and left the place with Kaden.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea to let them leave, they might lead Brick’s men to us?” Sara remarked toughly while approaching Beth.

“Lets hope that won’t happen, that’s why we gotta get as far away from Georgia soon” Beth said anxiously.

“Monica should better hurry, Margaux isn’t looking too good” Luna remarked agitatedly.

“If Monica doesn’t make it back here in time and Bricks men start knocking, you girls should run, after all they only know about me and Margaux, if they recapture me then so be it” Sara said firmly and seriously.

“Are you crazy? after what they did to you? you are willing to just give up?” Bree gasped.

“If it comes down to that.....yeah, sometimes that’s the only way out......and I won’t let those greasy fucks get you all because of me and if they do get me, you get Margaux and yourselves away from here this time, promise me that” Sara said solemnly.

“We-we promise Sara” Luna said emotionally.

“Okay......Beth, Luna be on lookout out front, I’ll stay with Marguax and Bree back here” Sara said in a defeated voice.

“You’re gonna make it dear” Bree comforted Margaux.

“Please Bree just stop......heh...Sara?” Marguax wheezed.

“I’m here” Sara said softly and kneeled down.

“I appreciate you getting us out of that compound, really....it was nice to be finally free” Margaux smiled weakly.

“Any time for you girl.......that’s what family is for” Sara smiled warmly.

“I wonder what’s happening to Penelope” Marguax gasped.

“Probably being punished, they can’t afford killing women” Sara said ambiguously.

“My God, what were doing to you both?” Bree asked blankly and in shock.

“Anything they wanted” Sara lowered her head and replied in a defeated voice.

“You think Brick will find us?” Marguax coughed.

“Lets make sure he doesn’t” Sara responded after a deep pause.

Monica was on the other side of town running and using her environment and freerunning techniques to get passed walkers, reaching another range of stores which she decided to check out. During the long while of investigating, she was already about to give up hope until finding a medical kit, she embraced it and gasped “Yes....thank you”. Before trying to head back, walkers impeded her, swarming the store. She manages to reach the top of the building and had a clear path through the rooftops. However in the distance numerous vehicles and motorbikes were heading for this town “Oh...no” she mumbled in shock. The intruders started stopping not far from the place where her group was hiding out, but there was still time for her to get back to Marguax, who urgently needed medical attention or she could track the attackers from the rooftops and strike when its necessary.

Major Choice: Immediacy

[Stay on the rooftops and be on lookout]

[Rush back with the medical kit to Marguax]

“I kinda feel bad leaving them, we shoulda at least helped them find supplies” Ian muttered while getting back into the vehicle.

“Since when do we have to help every stranger we encounter? It’s like you said to me on the bus ‘I don’t give two shits what happens to them’.....staying longer with those chicks would’ve got us killed anyway, I’m telling you that.... and if this Brick dude or whatever his name is, is really who they say he is, then honestly I only care on getting the hella away from here” Kaden replied coldly.

“Sara was kinda pretty if you asked me” Ian smirked.

“Oh please she wouldn’t fall for that out-dated suit pal, hah don’t get soft on me now, and you should know already that everyone once in awhile is a backstabber and those chicks are certainly the type” Kaden chuckled sternly.

“If I start driving will you shut the hell up, you’re really giving me a massive headache” Ian shook his head contemptuously.

“I can do that” Kaden shrugged.

Later that day and 236 miles later, Ian and Kaden found themselves in Tallahassee Florida not far from Wakulla Springs their car broke down “Seriously? you broke us down again?” Kaden woke up and yawned. “The first time wasn’t my fault, but looks like I haven’t got the best relationship with cars, c’mon you piece of crap” Ian mumbled while trying to ignite. “Lets find a place to crash I’m pooped” Kaden muttered and stretched his back. The night was almost upon them as they walked under a wall of foreboding clouds alongside route 319 towards Medart. Ian noticed a huge home hidden off the road. “Hey look at that” Ian pointed at the partially visible house. “Looks big, lets check it out I guess” Kaden grunted. They changed their course and headed on a dirt track through the forest, but what the two didn’t notice was a small wooden sign knocked down “Safe Spot, Cotton Manor, Supplies” was written in black bold letters.

“It’s kinda cool that we’re not far from the coast” Ian remarked casually as they walked.

“I see you’re still stuck up for the plan to cross the border” Kaden grunted indifferently.

“We’ll see, for now lets check out this place” Ian sneered.

As they got closer they couldn’t stop gaping at the large and intimidating manor. “Cotton Manor” Ian mumbled looking ahead at the thick designed iron gate separating them from the house. Some walkers were casually staggering along the gate “Big houses like that gives me the creeps, especially at night” Kaden said anxiously. “Well it feels like home to me.....well apart from all the dead corpses wandering around” Ian chuckled softly before they decided to rush over to the flank of the wall and hop over and landing in untrimmed hedges which surrounded the property. The manors ivory painted coating didn’t shine much under the dark sky. The flagstones were accompanied by numerous marble waterless fountains with cupids holding hearts perched on top. The roof was straight flat, the windows still had luxury curtains hanging and covering the interior completely. By the manor there was a a powerhouse and a four-car garage.

“I hope that powerhouse works” Ian grinned.

“Don’t get your hopes up dude.....this place looks fucking deserted” Kaden mumbled.

“The more space for us, wanna ring the doorbell?” Ian joked and chuckled.

Ian knocked twice to see if anyone or anything was in there before freely opening and entering. In the lobby there were two grand staircases on both sides, the unique interiors featured carved wood and glided moldings, marble columns and frescoed ceilings. Ian decided to search the ground level first before heading upstairs, he noticed and recognized the rare French sixteenth-century furniture and a vast collection of notable works of art and elegant tapestries.

“My mother used to love paintings like these, I believe this Pierre de Chavannes masterpiece, extraordinary work, very exquisite” Ian said in a dignified voice.

“Can we get back to reality? I really don't care about this stuff” Kaden winced at the painting of young girls by the sea.

The long and spacious room anchored on both sides by a large library and drawing room. On the antique tables there were supplies neatly placed in cardboard boxes like rice, corn, and water enough to last for a long while “Yep definitely feels like home, we have just hit the jackpot!” Ian praised.

“Don’t get your hopes up yet, someone obviously left all this food for us to find....so where are those people huh? the walkers outside the gates clearly indicates that someone lives here” Kaden remarked feeling suspicious.

“Alright genius you assume that those walkers sense human flesh all the way from the gate, bullshit” Ian scoffed. “So how do you explain it? the dead react to sound, vision and maybe smell, those zombies out there are here because something drew them.....that means someone lives here and the supplies clearly proves it and if you don’t believe then you’re dumber than I thought” Kaden said coldly.

“Okay you made your point, I’ll go and check the rest of the house while you stay here and protect the food” Ian smirked sarcastically.

“No way I’m staying here on my own in the dark, this place already gives me the creeps as it is and besides you got a gun and I don’t” Kaden objected. Ian cocked the rifle and exited the large gallery headed to search the other side of the ground floor. The whole manor was divided into two wings, the ground level had a breakfast room and dining room and the other side, also containing a billiard room. The upper floor had eight bedrooms, three dressing rooms and five baths.

“What was that?” Kaden flinched as he heard a commotion coming from downstairs.

“I didn’t hear anything, must be your imagination working” Ian joked.

“I fucking heard something......sh-shit did you leave the lights on downstairs?!” Kaden stuttered in fright as he noticed.

“No, maybe it has a delayed response or something when you tried to switch on earlier?” Ian looked puzzled.

“I knew this was a bad idea” Kaden scowled and held his hammer high while walking back downstairs to investigate.

“See anything, unusual?” Ian called out as he descended casually.

“Nah, everything looks fucking normal” Kaden mumbled angrily.

“Looks like the powerhouse still works.....well I’m down here again might as well gonna check the garage” Ian shrugged while Kaden scanned the room with supplies once more and felt that something was different. The painting, was replaced by a image of a poisonous plant “Fuck....Ian someone's screwing with us!” Kaden rushed to the other end of the house.

“What are you yammering about this time?” Ian called out casually and entered the garage, he looked up and saw some sort of furniture being lifted and realized he just stepped into a trap pulling him up by the foot “Who-whoa....urgh goddammit!” gasped while hanging upside down. “Ian!” Kaden shouted and rushed over.

“What the hell is going on?!” Ian yelled angrily.

“Someone’s playing with us I told you we should’ve never come here!” Kaden snarled.

“Shout up and get me down, move that thing over there and cut the damn rope” Ian ordered.

Kaden walked over to the metal object what seemed to be the counterweight “Behind you!” Ian shouted and before he reacted someone knocked him out unconscious.

• enter image description here

What just happened?

“Yeah, I’m sorry we can’t stay.....we’re leaving....sorry” Ian replied unsurely after a brief pause and left the place with Kaden. “Are y

• [Rush back with the medical kit to Marguax]

“Yeah, I’m sorry we can’t stay.....we’re leaving....sorry” Ian replied unsurely after a brief pause and left the place with Kaden. “Are y

• [Rush back with the medical kit to Marguax]

• [Stay on the rooftops and be on lookout]

• Wait... what just happened to Kaden and Ian? Damn it, looks like they are in big trouble D:

We don't know these people too well, but Sara and Marguax (which is a very odd name by the way) seem to be good friends. In such a situation, friends should always come first.

• edited February 2016

Skylar decided to get help and stormed back to the cabin, multiple gunshots were heard as she got to the door. “Richard! dad is in trouble!” she called out while looking for her firearm in the room.

“What’s going on?” Florence woke up.

“My gun, where is it?!” Skylar stuttered and chaotically searched her room.

“I think it’s in the big bag by the fireplace” Florence gasped.

Richard rushed downstairs with his hunting rifle “I heard gunshots” he remarked cautiously.

“Dad was attacked, we have to hurry” Skylar urged.

“Florence stay here with Tim, and take this” Richard stopped and gave her a pistol.

“O-okay I can handle it” Florence shivered.

“I know you can” Richard smirked shortly and rushed after Skylar.

They returned to the site, the attackers were already dead. Wesley was alive “Hold it right there!” Skylar pointed her gun at a man hiding in the bushes with a mini-14 rifle in his hands held high in surrender “Don’t shoot” the man stuttered.

“Sky, he killed those men, put your guns away, all of you” Wesley muttered weakly as he tried to stand up.

“Are you alright dad?!” Skylar gasped while aiming.

“I’m fine, urgh...just a few scratches” Wesley frowned.

The friendly stranger revealed himself “I’m all alone, no need to be scared, my name is Emmet” he said shyly and grimaced. He was African-American, he had a bushy white beard and white dread-lock hair. Emmet was wearing a dark blue puffy jacket with tanned khakis pants and ash yellow boots.

“Nice to meet ya mate, thanks for saving my life” Wesley chuckled.

Skylar reluctantly lowered her weapon “Toss your gun aside! Kinda convenient you appeared just in time before we did, who are you?” Richard ordered.

“Okay....erm....these people were looking for me for spying on their camp” Emmet said nervously after throwing his weapon aside.

“Why were you spying on them?” Richard asked roughly.

“Easy Rich, give’em a chance to speak” Wesley interjected.

“I was spying on them to see if they were a threat” Emmet stuttered.

“A threat to whom? you? what are you hiding?” Richard persisted.

“Not only a threat to me, but to all survivors living in the Lake Michigan Settlement” Emmet nodded.

Richard lowered his gun in shock “A settlement?”

“Me and my group.....eh....now it’s just me left....we were scouting for potential threats and recruiting friendly survivors to join our community” Emmet sighed.

“Where’s this safe place you’re talking about mate?” Wesley limped over to him.

“On the coast of Glen Arbor that’s where our main base is located, survivors call it the Lake Michigan settlement, my team came from the Elberta outpost which’s our second home” Emmet replied calmly.

“Elberta outpost? is that what you call it?” Skylar remarked confusingly.

“It’s a small town, not many people residue there, like I said it’s an outpost we use it for people who volunteer to scout and recruit other survivors” Emmet replied firmly.

“So you volunteered to risk your life? your friends died for nothing?” Skylar frowned and questioned him.

“It’s not like I'm gonna live forever, after having all your loved ones taken away from you....this is the only job I’m looking forward in doing” Emmet sighed.

“Sorry to hear that mate....you’re a bit far out don’t you think? how many men did you lose?” Wesley questioned him.

“Sixty miles give or take to Glen Arbor, I’ve been on the road for a week now, I lost four people earlier today, so you’re either joining me or let me through and I’ll make my own way back” Emmet toughed up.

Wesley glanced back at Skylar and Richard, she looked anxious “Look we can’t stay here out in the open” Richard digressed.

“I know it’s a lot to process......but there’s a lot to tell and I’m happy to explain everything” Emmet said politely.

“You seem like a genuine bloke and you did save my life.......so the least I can do for now is invite you stay with us at the cabin for the night, we’ll move out in the morning.....but if all this is some weird act you’re trying to pull, I will kill you mate” Wesley said firmly.

“I hear you and to be honest I’m too old to be pulling tricks anyway” Emmet chuckled softly as they strolled back to the cabin.

“That old? coulda fooled me, how old are ya anyway?” Wesley joked while observing Emmet.

“Fifty-seven” Emmet muttered with a smirk.

“Blimey, you already outlived me mate” Wesley laughed.

“Do you think he’s telling the truth?” Skylar whispered to Richard who was walking by her side.

“I think he is Sky, he risked his life to save your dad that’s gotta mean something” Richard hissed.

“But that doesn’t mean he’s telling the truth about this whole Lake Michigan settlement though” Skylar frowned.

“Look, we outnumber him, if he isn’t who he claims to be, then....you know” Richard sighed.

The group arrived back at the cabin “Where were you guys? Wesley thank God you’re alright!” Florence gasped and hugged Wesley.

“I’m okay, we’re okay” Wesley smiled.

“Who’s he?” Florence folded her arms and looked scared.

“Emmet, he saved me” Wesley nodded softly.

“Nice dog what’s his name?” Emmet kneeled down and petted the animal.

“Timothy” Richard replied kindly.

“Good name....I can’t remember when I last saw a dog” Emmet sighed.

“In the first weeks....eh...he really helped me pull through” Richard nodded gently.

“Good to have a companion to watch your back.....this time tomorrow we’ll all be behind protected walls.....no more running, no more just existing for the sake of it” Emmet said softly.

“I want to know more about this settlement” Wesley interjected.

“Glen Arbor our main base, that’s where it all started, at first we all thought that maybe it was only a pipe dream.....a temporal solution, that we were fooling ourselves that we can rebuild the past....of how things were......there were bad times with the dead....and the living.....but we managed.....our community expanded eventually, today we have almost fifty people there, about a month ago we established a new safe place, we sealed off Elberta....well most of it..... however it serves as an outpost for people like me, scouts looking for new people that are willing and capable to rebuild this world” Emmet sighed.

“Elberta you say?....hmm.....that’s actually not that far from here isn’t it?” Richard frowned.

“That’s where I want to take you and from there we’ll travel to Glen Arbor” Emmet murmured.

“And those guys out there that attacked Wesley, are they a part of some other group that is a threat to yours?” Richard sounded curious.

“A threat? most definitely, but whether or not they belong to some larger gang I don’t know.....while we were spying on them one of my friends got found out....he didn’t even get a chance to say who he was or why was he there, when some of us tried to save him they just shot him.....later while hiding I saw them harass Wesley.....so I took a risk and killed them” Emmet replied bleakly.

“Fuck” Richard sighed.

“So who’s actually running the show at Glen Arbor? you have some sort of leader just like any other gang or do you have a council of people making the major decisions?” Wesley asked mildly.

“Of course every citizen has a say in the matters, but when there’s no agreement, it comes down for one man to actually make a final decision.....and that guy’s name is James” Emmet said calmly while sitting down comfortably on the couch.

Monica decided to be with her group before the scavengers reached them, she climbed down back to the streets and quickly made her way back. The engine noises were getting louder drawing the walkers towards the store. “We have to go, walkers and maybe Brick’s goons will be on to us any second!” Monica gasped as she entered.

“Did you find what we needed?!” Luna gasped nervously.

Everyone gathered in the backroom “I’m have to stay with Margaux, she needs patching up and I need time to do this!” Bree stuttered nervously and opened the medical kit.

“I’m gonna draw them away, you guys get out of here” Sara said toughly and handed her rifle over to Beth.

“You’re going to get yourself killed!” Luna objected.

“Can you move Margaux?” Beth asked worriedly.

“I can try” Marguax clenched her teeth.

“I need to do this.....eh.....please just go” Sara urged.

“Sara, I’ll come back for you” Monica assured her before helping Marguax and Bree out the back door.

The engines roared as they passed the store and were put to a halt “Search the area, they could’ve gonna through here” a man called out. A mounted turret fired rapidly at the walkers ahead, Sara peeked out and saw three men heading her way, she pulled out her hunting knife and hid in the closet. “I’ll check the back” the hunter signaled. Sara waited for the right moment and bursted out grabbing the man and slitting his throat. She grasped the rifle he dropped and killed the other two attackers, but before she could go on to her next course of action someone fired a taser from behind incapacitating her temporarily long enough to tie her up. “It’s good to have you back, Sara” a voice muffled in her head as she was carried to the back of a truck.

“Who are you?” Ian gasped in shock at the sight of a girl in her late teens holding a bust of Kadens body.

“I told you Ivy it was too early for replacing that painting now the game is over” The girl called out ignoring Ian.

Another girl appeared, they were identical twins both had curly blonde hair tied in a single ponytail. Their skin was fair and eyes were pale blue and broad. The sisters were five feet tall and skinny with fairly flat chests dressed in clean warm turtleneck sweaters.

“Hey I asked you something! who the hell are you two?!” Ian demanded while hanging upside down.

“I’ll get to you in a minute” She replied indifferently with hands rested on her hips.

“I’m sorry Felicity I just had to see the look on his face when he noticed the painting” Ivy guffawed while she entered the garage.

“Answer me you fucking bitches!” Ian persisted angrily.

“Okay okay chill out asshole, what is it you want to know? you have our full attention” Felicity said ostensibly.

“Why the trap? what are you playing at?!” Ian shouted.

“Nothing, this was just a prank...it was all for pure fun....by the way welcome to our humble abode The Cotton Manor! I’m Felicity and over there by the door is Ivy!” She replied solemnly.

“I must say he slightly looks like our cousin Derek” Ivy laughed.

“You’re fucking nuts get me down from here!” Ian growled.

“That’s not very nice” Felicity frowned.

“How am I supposed to be nice if I’m hanging upside down!” Ian argued.

Felicity nodded in acknowledgement and Ivy released the hatch causing Ian to fall to the ground “Aargh....ugh...damn” he grumbled. The girls chuckled softly once he sat up.

“Oh you think this is funny do you? you think this some kinda joke? take a good look out there--” Ian yelled while on the ground.

“Let me stop you there, yes we know what’s out there......dead people worshipping living flesh and guess what? those gourmands are very fucking dull” Felicity inhaled sharply near the end.

“Then try living out there, I’m sure you’ll like it” Ian snarked.

“But we don’t have to, at least not yet, we have everything here, our parents prepared this place for shit like this” Felicity said casually.

“So what now? do you let us go or kill us?” Ian went straight to the point.

“That depends” Felicity grinned.

“I think we should let him go, he hasn’t tried to attack us or anything not like the--” Ivy argued softly.

“Like the what?” Ian persisted mildly.

“Lets be honest here you weren’t the first person following the signs on the road about free supplies, sadly I had to kill the last guy because......he was.....not nice and no fun at all” Felicity shrugged.

“We didn’t follow any signs, we stumbled on this place.....look just let us go we won’t bother you again I swear” Ian pleaded.

“Would you go even if I told you we’re keeping your stuff?” Felicity asked curiously.

“Yeah take the bag, the rifle, take what you want, but just let us go” Ian continued.
    “I think they’re harmless Felicity, we should let them go, we had some fun for today” Ivy smiled thinly.

“No.....I got a better idea.....one last game which will determine whether you can be set free” Felicity sneered.

“What do you have in mind?” Ian asked cautiously.

“That depends on your friend here, he’ll have to clear out every single walker from the front gate, if he does then you’re all good to go” Felicity replied cheerfully.

“Why? they ain’t a threat to you, those gates are solid--” Ian argued.

“It’s a game and it’ll be fun, I can bet that your friend will use that time to escape rather than risk his life for you” Felicity sounded sure.

“So you’re saying that if he kills every walker I get to go free is that it? and what if he decides to bail on me?” Ian stuttered.

“You do the math” Felicity smirked and tied Kaden’s hands and legs.

A long while later Kaden wakes up in the front lobby all tied up and laid on the ground. Felicity greeted him holding a semi-automatic machine gun and Ivy was holding his hammer. “It’s your lucky day” Felicity smirked.

“What’s going on?” Kaden winced.

“Doesn’t matter what’s going on, what matters is you get to choose whether you save your friend or not” Felicity replied seriously.

“Ian, where is he?” Kaden squirmed.

“He’s alive and very well, Ivy bring him here for a second” Felicity signaled.

After giving him the proof of Ian’s life, Kaden asked “What do I have to do?”.

“Basically you have to kill every walker by the front gate with your hammer, if you do then you and your friend walk free, however there’s another option” Felicity suggested.

“With a hammer?! take a long look out there, I won’t manage to kill all of them! my leg needs to heal!” Kaden shouted.

“That’s the third option, we’re literally letting you out, you can run away from here as fast as you can and not think twice about what happened here” Felicity replied softly.

“And what about Ian?” Kaden asked worriedly.

“We’ll figure something out” Felicity replied ambiguously.

Kaden took a minute to think and agreed to their terms. Ivy untied him and tossed the hammer over the floorboards towards him. “Off you go” Felicity pointed her weapon at him. Kaden picked the hammer up and replied “Who are you anyway?. “Just two bored survivors, now move” Felicity ordered.

Kaden limped out, the doors shut tight behind him. He approached the gate, the undead piled up in front reaching their arms to him. In the window Ivy and Felicity observed “You think he’ll do it? he’s kinda cute don’t you think? I hope those gourmands don’t eat him alive” Ivy said in concern.

“Don’t be naive sis if he chooses to leave, you’re cooking for the next week” Felicity grinned.

“Oh alright you have a deal” Ivy replied excitingly.

Kaden climbed the wall and stood above for a moment, he sighed “Okay lets do this” and hopped down. Lurkers were instantly onto him, after swinging and killing a handful of walkers, his hammer got stuck in one of them. “Shit oh man NO!” He stuttered and was forced to retreat back into the woods. After gaining some distance, he gazed at the property one last time before leaving for good and sighed “Sorry dude”. Ian held tied to a chair in the garage and could hear cheering sounds coming from Felicity, only one thing came to his mind “I am royally fucked right now”.

End of Season 1 DLC

Burden

Ian refused to bail out on Kaden.

Memory

Skylar didn’t burn the photo of Zack

Help

Ian refused to help Monica’s group

Rescue

Skylar decided to rush back to the cabin for help.

Immediacy

Monica chose to return for Marguax

• RIP Ian. Let's hope someone will come and rescue him. :D

Skylar decided to get help and stormed back to the cabin, multiple gunshots were heard as she got to the door. “Richard! dad is in trouble!”

• edited February 2016

Episode 6 Chapter 1 & 2 Preview

Scene

“Oh my God....what happened here?” Sergio stared in horror at a campsite scattered with bodies.

“This one was tied up, to me it looks like these people were burned alive” Marcin remarked while examining the body.

“Why would anyone be so barbaric and torch people? even if they had their reason to do so, still fuck” Sergio pondered.

“Who can stop them? no law, no order, at least we know what to expect of the dead....it’s the living that’s unpredictable” Marcin sighed.

“We gotta keep going I do not want to stay here, just take whatever you find and go” Stan stuttered nervously.

Branches rustled “What the hell?” Sergio alerted. “It came from over there, keep your guards up” Marcin pointed.

Scene

“Come on Rory don’t be chicken, it’ll be fun on the outside just like before” Ryan said cheerfully while sneaking out through a weak point in the fence.

“We’re gonna get in trouble, mum will kill us and it’s freezing” Rory shivered.

“Don’t be dumb Rory, now stop worrying and c’mon” Ryan sneaked out.

Scene

“Oi mate! I think I saw someone by the trees!” Wesley remarked while looking through the binoculars.

“Are you sure?” Emmet cocked an eyebrow.

“It’s been the third time, I know what I saw, someone’s sneaking around this place!” Wesley called out standing on the extended platform by the fence.

“But I just got back I didn’t see anything out there” Emmet remarked.

“I’m telling you something ain’t right, we oughta check it out” Wesley grunted.

“I gotta get back on fixing that radio, do you really want me to go to check it out?” Emmet asked casually.

Chapter 2

Scene

“I can’t believe what I just heard......being so wrong...so blind....hell I can’t stand myself right now, believing that she was someone good that needed our help....my help.....I feel like shit for not taking your side, you lost someone close to you and I wasn’t helping by giving you shit” Liam sighed painfully while standing on the front porch.

Scene

“I’m glad you did what you did” Rachel comforted Bradley.

“Really? everyone stared at me like I was some sort of freak or a monster, can’t blame though” Bradley murmured softly.

“It was something you had let out, get it out of your system and to be honest I think I would’ve done the same” Rachel replied in comfort.

“Even in front of Nicholas?” Bradley raised his eyebrows worriedly.

“I hope I won’t have to” Rachel replied in a defeated voice.

Scene

“You think the others are okay?” Sarah asked while leaning against a tree.

“I try to be an optimist and think that most of them made it somehow” Jean muttered.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I got a weird feeling like someone’s watching us” Blake changed the subject and sounded uneased.

“I got the same feeling ever since we left that house, though I never liked being out in the open especially at night” Amanda remarked worriedly.

“Nowadays anything can make you paranoid” Jean muttered sullenly.

Scene

“Finally things are looking up for a change” Howard remarked while gazing at a wide-spreaded mansion.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, it could be overrun or worse, dangerous people might live there” Zack remarked thoughtfully.

• edited February 2016

That DLC finale was awesome! I'm afraid for Ian now, because these twins he is with are seriously creepy, like something straight out of a horror movie. At the same time, I enjoyed their creepiness. Also, I have submitted one new character, I hope you like her.

Also, it looks like the first two chapters are going to totally kick ass. I can't wait for Chapter 2, but Chapter 1 also sounds very interesting

“Come on Rory don’t be chicken, it’ll be fun on the outside just like before” Ryan said cheerfully while sneaking out through a weak point in the fence.

I was actually sure that this one would already end tragically back the last time he did it. If I'm not mistaken, the last time Ryan snuck out, Svetlana got captured and ultimately killed by Hiram, or am I mixing things up here? So yeah, that one is definitely going to end horribly. Odds are either Ryan or Rory aren't going to make it.

“I can’t believe what I just heard......being so wrong...so blind....hell I can’t stand myself right now, believing that she was someone good that needed our help....my help.....I feel like shit for not taking your side, you lost someone close to you and I wasn’t helping by giving you shit” Liam sighed painfully while standing on the front porch.

Yeah Liam, feel like shit! That realization comes pretty fucking late late, maybe even too late. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is great that he finally realizes what a piece of shit he has been, but I hope he doesn't just expect that everyone forgives him like that. Like, he has been at the point where he is dead for me and getting out of that one is going to be one huge piece of work for him. Even if he finally realizes that this obviously evil bitch that murdered two of his friends has indeed been obviously evil ( oh wonder), that does not excuse his behaviour in any way and I hope he doesn't expect it. Redemption must be earned, not granted. But well, it's undeniably not a step in the wrong direction.

“I’m glad you did what you did” Rachel comforted Bradley.

I'm shipping it. I'm shipping it soooo much, because gosh, they are adorable. It looks like this scene is going to be a salve on my aching heart. Though as much as I'm looking forward for it, I wonder what Rachel is referring to. After all, Brad never did anything that could make him look like a monster. He didn't even gave Samantha the death she deserved, at least not yet, although it might still happen now that the bitch even lost Liam's support. And since Rachel is still firmly on his side, it is unlikely that he crosses some sort of line. But yeah, I can totally see how people like Liam, Emma or Cecelia are going to complain about pretty much everything he is going to do. In any way, I am intrigued on that particular storyline.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I got a weird feeling like someone’s watching us” Blake changed the subject and sounded uneased.

I'm pretty sure that's Hannah, or whatever the name of that last stupid cannibal fucker was. I like to refer to her as the dead bitch walking and I hope she gets all the pain the rest of her group of subhumans never got to feel.

“Finally things are looking up for a change” Howard remarked while gazing at a wide-spreaded mansion.

I'm like 60% sure that this is the mansion of the creepy twins. Maybe I am wrong, but if it is, then I am afraid for Howard, Cody and Emily. Although it will be interesting if they meet up with Ian again. Also, this sounds dangerous for Zack, so that is something good. Since Liam seems to try his best to earn redemption (regardless on wether or not he succeeds), Zack is slowly starting to climb the ranks in my hate list again, even though he still has to get past Emma, who is now the new bitch fanclub president, Cecelia and Herman the hellspawn. However, aside from my hatred for Zack, I wonder if they reunite with Brad and the others before this scene happens. After all, they are the only ones who know that Brad forgot to do something very important after Katie got murdered. Ironically, I just realized that the only one who knows it for sure is this worthless coward Zack.

Episode 6 Chapter 1 & 2 Preview Scene “Oh my God....what happened here?” Sergio stared in horror at a campsite scattered with bodi

• edited February 2016

Season 2 Episode 6: All That’s Left Chapter 1: The Flame Keeper

Late October

North Manitou Island

“How do you want to play this James? this island is giving me a weird vibe” Duke remarked as he stood by the steering wheel and console. The rain momentarily turned into sleet driving spitefully against the side of the white motor boat.

“Like I always do rationally, we’re not here to harm anyone, I’m gonna see if anyone is up there” James muttered.

“Last time it didn’t go so well” Duke winced.

“Well we all know why that happened” James cocked an eyebrow at him.

“It’s unbelievable that we didn’t spot this island earlier” Duke grunted and changed the subject.

“Couple of weeks on water, staying close to the coastline, everything is the same, it’s been awhile since we went out further on the open water” Austin frowned while leaning against the side of the boat lost in his thoughts.

“It’s safer sticking close to shore” Duke grunted.

“I hope whoever is up there isn’t hostile, what happens if they attack us? we have a plan right?” Brent interjected.

“Then you all get the hell out of here, we’re in unexplored territory, whoever is up there knows this place better than we do, it’s their backyard no point risking everyone” James said thoughtfully.

“That sounds very brave and noble of you, but I don’t want to get my head chopped off by you know who if I don’t bring you back home.” Duke chuckled softly.

“Alright you got a point there....hm...keep your eyes open” James nodded firmly.

“Don’t take too long, it’s gonna get dark soon and it looks like a snow storm is coming and if they are dangerous, make sure this won’t turn into a rescue mission of some sort, kay?” Duke snorted and smirked looking at James.

“I’m ready when you are James” Willy nodded and jumped ashore.

“That kid....always eager to help” Duke chuckled softly about Willy.

“It’s best you stay here too Brent, you okay with that?” James nodded.

“Sure, lets get this over with it’s cold” Brent shivered.

“You bet” James winked and followed Willy.

The island was shaped like a teardrop, covered in thin snow and forested body surrounded by Lake Manitou, and the tail of the island narrows into a sandy and rather exposed space with a fog signal on the island's southeastern extremity. The ferry dock was situated on the southern shore with the ranger station and lookout tower visible in the central part of the island.

“Just follow my lead” James hissed walking along side him.

“I know the drill James, I’m not dumb” Willy replied in a defeated tone.

“Of course you aren’t, I wasn’t having a go at you okay, you’re stronger than anyone else in this group, hell I seen--” James said compassionately as they strolled amidst the pine trees, which shivered in the bitterly cold wind and branches were embraced by snow.

“Stay where you are, that’s far enough!” The man from the watchtower shouted out in a calm tone.

“We’re not here for trouble! we just wanted to know if anyone is living here” James called out standing not far from the rangers station.

“That’s it, why? I swear if you’re lying I will pull the trigger, keep your hands up where I can see them!” The african-american man ordered somewhat nervously.

“Please we only want to talk to someone in charge if that isn’t a problem” James said calmly but maintained a serious look.

“We’re friendly” Willy interjected shyly.

A short caucasian woman in her mid-fifties exited the station urgently while putting on her grey quilted coat. She had a cold scowl on her face while slowly approaching them, her hair was white, short and curly cut in a bob style. The man in the tower didn’t stop aiming at them from looked like a bolt-action rifle. She had her pistol wielded put not aimed at them “She’s got a gun in her hand” Willy hissed.

“Just be cool” James murmured.

“Hi.....you two don’t look like the last people who came visiting us, so lets get the introductions out of the way shall we? I’m Vanessa...who are you and what do you want?” The woman gave them a stern look observing them from top to toe.

“James, Willy......we came from a settlement by the shore of Lake Michigan, we were searching for supplies and other survivors, we stumbled upon this island having no idea that someone was living here” James replied.

“Hmm carefully trimmed beard rather cleaned clothes I guess you’re aren’t lying about the settlement part, but if you’re here to raid us then you better turn back” She scowled.

“We’re not here to harm anyone, our crew is down there by the boat I’m sure your man from the watchtower saw us coming” James replied in a friendly manner.

“There’s nothing for you on this island, so why don’t you just turn back, now” Vanessa said calmly lifted her pistol at them.

James and Willy glanced at each other “Okay we’ll go, but before that tell me one thing, you said we don’t look like the last people that came here, who were they?” James frowned.

“It was a long while ago.....I don’t know where came from......they were much more hostile than you two that’s for sure, I killed two of them while they tried ran to their boat” Vanessa replied roughly.

“Hmmph....we’re done here” James said firmly and walked back with Willy.

“It time we lighten the mood” Brent remarked cheerfully.

“Not your jokes and puns again kid, please spare me” Duke chuckled while fiddling with something on the boat.

“I don’t care I’m just gonna go ahead....alright....a banana enters a club and meets an apple by the bar and the apple says I find your attire....very appealing” Brent chuckled.

“Heard worse” Duke mumbled.

“How do they figure out the price of hammers? Per pound” Brent paused to comprehend it.

“Put that book away, it’s getting weak” Austin scoffed.

“I'd tell you a chemistry joke.....but I know I wouldn't get a reaction” Brent guffawed.

“Ha trying telling that to Judith when we get back, she’ll think otherwise” Austin chuckled softly.

“Yeah what’s up with you and Judith? I saw you two spend a lot of time together” Duke teased.

“I like her, but I’m not sure she likes me....in that way” Brent muttered.

“Hey Duke they’re back” Austin pointed as he noticed James and Willy climbing down to the dock.

“Good we can finally go home now” Duke murmured and lit the controls up.

“Wait someone else is behind them, and is running towards them!” Austin winced and pulled out his firearm.

“Hold up please! ugh I thought I wouldn’t catch up with you I’m sorry for how my lovely wife treated you back there, I was out for more wood and saw you from a distance....my name is Quirk by the way and I know a good person when I see one, please maybe you and your group might want to get warm inside the station it’s freezing today?” He gasped in a cheerful and extremely friendly manner.

Quirk was wearing a dark green wool blend peacoat. He was caucasian and in his late fifties and was slightly taller than his wife Vanessa. He was also bald, but had a white slightly unkempt goatee.

“Whoa Austin! put the gun down!” Willy stopped him from the pointing a gun at Quirk.

“It’s nice to meet Quirk, I’m James, this is Willy and Austin by the boat is Duke and Brent.....if it’s no trouble then we could stay for a bit” James nodded softly with a smile.

“Absolutely no trouble, my wife is very distrustful towards strangers, it’s her nature but she means well” Quirk grinned.

Brent and Duke joined them “So we’re ready to go captain? there’s a storm coming and it’d be best to head back home, we can come back another time perhaps” Duke mumbled while wiping his hands.

“We have plenty space at the station, you’re welcome to stay the night it’ll give us time to get to know each other, it’s not often we get to meet good people” Quirk said sincerely.

“Really? Vanessa just told us you had some visitors not long ago and she killed two of them” James remarked and cocked an eyebrow.

“Oh she tried to scare you off like I said she’s....strong while speaking, but she wouldn’t kill anyone believe me” Quirk gasped.

“James, quick word” Duke frowned and walked away for a private talk.

“Go on” James nodded.

“I don’t know who you talked to up there, but there’s more confusion than answers we don’t know these people we can come back another time to settle this, but right now we ought to get home” Duke remarked worriedly.

“But these people might need our help, maybe they can help us in some way” James hissed.

“They seem to be doing alright, they’re alive right? and I don’t see any walkers......I know what you are thinking right now, but the answer is....we’re either all staying on this island for the night or we’re all going home, there’s no way we’re splitting up” Duke whispered roughly.

Major Choice: Gamble

[Stay the night on the island]

[Leave for Glen Arbor]

• I´m quite paranoid, so at first I wanted to choose the "Leave for Glen Arbor" option. Also Dukes gut feeling about the island at the very beginning was a red flag for me.

But after all, island people were trying to scare them away and didn't lure them to stay as cannibals or psychopaths would do, so I´ll give it a shot.

Season 2 Episode 6: All That’s Left Chapter 1: The Flame Keeper Late October North Manitou Island “How do you want to play this Ja

• [Stay the night on the island]

I agree with Violet_Ant here. Psychopaths would probably either shoot on sight or try to make them stay at the islands at all costs, so I have a good feeling about these people, considering that they tried to scare them away. Bad people don't try to scare others away.

I really liked this part! It has been a very long time and just reading the names Duke, James or Brent again filled me with happiness. That was a nice reunion. Though it felt kinda weird about Austin, after months of having this irredeemable atrocious monster Austin Harper in the story. Of course, the Austion without a last name has been around for far longer and I really like him, but it feels weird to read the name Austin and not immediately thinking about the brother of the bitch.

Season 2 Episode 6: All That’s Left Chapter 1: The Flame Keeper Late October North Manitou Island “How do you want to play this Ja

• Eh, why not?

• [Leave for Glen Arbor]

Better safe than sorry

• edited February 2016

Two months ago I was in Chicago with most of my crew still alive, hiding out in a radio tower awaiting for this nightmare to end. Instead it only got worse after I miraculously reunited with Sergio and Stanislaw under the freeway. We only had each other to fight the miserable challenges of day to day life with the undead. Sergio was in bad shape when I found them, the Docs eye socket was crushed and had no chance of recovery. There was nothing left for us in the city, no military, no army, no saviour was coming with a cure or a plan to exterminate the dead. There were many times I pondered about what would’ve happened if I got on that boat with the rest “Did they find something out there? is this really a global problem?” I was too angry and upset at the time telling myself that Una would’ve wanted me to find her brother made sure he was safe. Under all that shy, slightly afraid and foreign personality Stanislaw was cleverer than he looked, capable of strangling his captors using a piano wire with which he was tied down and later managing to escape before the explosion proved just that.
    Stan blamed me for his sisters death and still does deep down, even after claiming that he’d forgiven me, but I could sense this feeling wasn’t ever going away. We were broken men in an even more broken world. I regretted of not getting on that boat, at least then maybe something would be different. Today we never stop moving, in our accepted logic staying in one place only equaled death at some point. Here we were in what once was Park Falls Wisconsin, like any other places we passed something was always abandoned or deadly. We found shelter in one of the many houses in this what before surely was a nice neighbourhood.

“What’s on your mind Marty?” Sergio snapped Marcin out of his thoughts as they were sitting by the fire.

“Little bit of everything.....just thinking about how things never change.....it’s hard to think ahead.....when you’re constantly stuck in the past” Marcin sighed painfully while Stan snored loudly.

“Some focus on building the future, in this case figuring out a steady plan to survive long term and some choose to remain or rebuild the past” Sergio pondered.

“We survived this long for a reason.....I’m still waiting for answers, every day is just another day of getting beaten and it never stops” Marcin lowered his head and responded in a defeated tone.

“Hmmph....we might never get any answers.....this is probably it whether we like it or not, it’s been like this too long....we must make the best of it before eventually going out one way or the other” Sergio said bleakly before covering himself with a blanket.
    Marcin thought breifly before putting the fire out and slowly drifted to sleep. In the middle of the night a distant squealing noise caused him to wake up, Stan was already up, hiding under the window and occasionally peeking out. “Stanislaw?” Marcin mumbled lethargically.

“Quiet, someone is outside” He hissed while holding his hunting knife tightly.

“Get back here bitch!” a group of men shouted out.

Sergio instantly woke up and got a hold of his pump-action shotgun “The f-fuck is going on?” he stuttered.

“Get down!” Marcin whispered and they all stayed hidden by the big living room window.

A crew of four men caught up with a girl right in front of the house. She looked to be in her twenties. One of the aggressors pushed her to the ground and straddle punched her for a brief moment “You steal from us! then you kill one of our own!” the man shouted while beating her. They were armed with pistols and most likely melee weapons.

“We have to do something!” Marcin urged and clenched his teeth as all this was happening in plain sight.

“Oh no they-” Stan stuttered nervously as he noticed that the man was starting to undress her.

“We ain’t got enough ammo for this” Sergio stammered.

“Are we serious gonna let this happen?!” Marcin hissed angrily.

“We go out there, we all die, there is no choice, we can’t fight them with only two bullets!” Stan’s foreign accent always sounded more vivid when he was nervous or angry.

“Oh God” Sergio stuttered.

The men cheered and started to rape and aggressively beat her. Sergio shivered and lowered his face in order to look away, Marcin discreetly peeked out. He flinched as the girl looked straight at him, her face pressed against the grass, her blank stare at him sent a chill down his spine while the men continued to violate her.

[Grab Sergio’s shotgun and go gun blazing]

[Stay hidden]

• Foq

[Grab Sergio’s shotgun and go gun blazing]

Two months ago I was in Chicago with most of my crew still alive, hiding out in a radio tower awaiting for this nightmare to end. Instead it

• [Grab Sergio’s shotgun and go gun blazing]

Two months ago I was in Chicago with most of my crew still alive, hiding out in a radio tower awaiting for this nightmare to end. Instead it

Of course we are not going to let that happen. Might be unwise for Marcin, but considering that these men are certainly not paying attention, he definitely has a chance. At least, he can give her a chance to escape before hopefully escaping himself.

• edited March 2016

“Well then I don’t want to risk us going into a storm....we should stick around for awhile see who these people are” James sneered.

“It’s your call” Duke muttered indifferently.

“I can’t remember when I last time saw these many young people” Quirk chuckled softly standing in front of Brent, Willy and Austin.

“Really how many people are in your group?” Brent winced.

“Who was the guy at the lookout tower?” Willy asked innocently shortly after.

“Wo-easy one at a time, frankly there’s only five of us, all adults it can get boring sometimes...hmmph....eh-oh and that was Valerian at the top, but call him Val he prefers that way” Quirk smiled warmly.

“We’re taking up on your offer” James nodded optimistically.

“Wonderful, follow me!” Quirk said excitingly.

“Duke, what about the boat?” Austin jerked his shoulder.

“She ain’t goin anywhere son, don’t worry” Duke reassured and patted him on the back.

As they reached the top, Valerian, Vanessa and another man were seen eagerly discussing something by the ranger station. Valerian looked nervous he had short black heddle hair with glinting brown eyes, set handsomely within their sockets. He was tall measuring over six feet, currently wearing a slender yet warm navy jacket with a furry lining. “I think you both are overreacting, we have no idea who these people are, maybe they could help us” the other caucasian man argued, he looked to be in his early forties and measured almost six feet tall. He was bald and had cold blue eyes wearing a teal borg harrington jacket. Vanessa welcomed the newcomers with a cold scowl and folded arms.

“You guys already met my darling wife Vanessa, this is Val and Anselm” Quirk said sarcastically.

“Gosh it’s just nice to see new people for a change, pleasure to meet you all” Anselm said kindly and invitingly.

The ranger station looked to be spacious from the outside, constructed with native forest timber, once the groups got acquainted they all stepped inside. Margareth Storm was the final group member, she was african-american, in her late forties and was Valerians mother. She had glossy brown eyes and a beaming smile as they all entered. Margareth had short curly black hair, she was little over five feet tall and wore a black leather-look faux fur jacket.

“Wow this place looks neat” Brent muttered in slight amazement.

“Pretty cosy indeed” Duke murmured.

“I’m sure we all have alot to talk about, please make yourselves comfortable” Anselm insisted kindly.

“Someone needs to be on lookout, I froze my ass off enough for one day” Valerian narrowed his eyebrows and rested on the couch.

“Oh I think we can all have a load off every once in a while, besides no one else is coming is there?” Quirk smiled and cocked an eyebrow towards James.

“No, it’s just us I promise” James nodded.

“Quirk, a word” Vanessa hissed angrily.

The two stepped aside “You’re making us look weak, you made me look like an idiot in front of them!” She whispered infuriated.

“No Vanessa you did that yourself trying to scare them away, don’t you understand we’re gonna need to trust new people, people that manage to live long term inland, unlike us....this island.....winter’s going to be tough on us” Quirk argued reasonably.

“What makes you think they are going to comply with us?” Vanessa muttered.

“Because we might something that they don’t have” Quirk smirked.

“Go on spill the beans” Vanessa folded her arms.

“You’ll soon hear it” Quirk hissed and walked back to the rest.

“This place is pretty impressive despite the cold” James remarked.

“We never expected to meet anyone on an island with the whole world gone to bits” Duke grunted.

“How is it...out there?.....I mean is it really bad?” Margareth asked worriedly.

“As bad as it can be” Duke replied firmly.

“So none of you travel to the inland, how do you have all these supplies?” Austin asked thoughtfully while inspecting.

“Will you please stop snooping around don’t you have any manners?” Valerian objected.

“Val, calm down I would’ve been doing the same thing as Austin here....the answer is of course from time to time me and Quirk used to sail out along the coastline and gather anything we could find in the neighbourhoods, two weeks ago we stopped because of the weather and the places were picked clean, I assume you’re people have scavenged most of it?” Anselm responded warmly.

“That’s probably right, we’re living in a settlement close to the coast” James replied flatly.

“Whereabouts?” Quirk joined the conversation.

“Glen Arbor.....it’s a small town but we’re slowly expanding” James answered calmly.

“Strange we never bumped into each other out there” Quirk chuckled softly.

“Well the world might not be that big after all” Duke grunted indifferently.

“I’m curious how are you doing on supplies? having a lot of people to protect and kept fed can’t be easy, hell it’s only five of us here but we already know it’s gonna be tough” Quirk frowned.

“We’re managing......however I’m not gonna lie winter is our biggest threat after the walkers, once we get to spring and summer things will start to pick up from there, we’ll be able to grow our own fruits and vegetables” James replied neutrally.

“Walkers? is that what you call’em, catchy anyway.....I used to call them the fallen or sick, but that’s just stupid” Anselm chuckled.

“You obviously came here for a reason beside scouting for new territories I believe, so lets get to the point” Vanessa interjected bluntly.

“For now I was thinking of offering you all a place to stay at our settlement, seeing that for now the only advantage that this island has to offer is that it’s walker-free-” James suggested.

“Let me stop you there for a second James, I agree with all you said, but we can make something work on this island of course now isn’t the best time with the cold and everything.....what I’m suggesting is that this place offers.....a form of escapism for certain people, people that are unable to handle the thought and stress of being always in fear of the dead, when it gets warmer maybe some of your people might want to get away from living in constant fear and looking over their shoulders wondering when they’re gonna get overrun or attacked by zombies at some point.....here they could solely focus on hunting, working on building defenses or crops, fishing anything they’d wish to do.....I just want to make things clear we can’t make this possible without your help and your people” Quirk said solemnly.

[Agree to the alliance]

[Postpone the decision to consult with the rest]

• [Postpone the decision to consult with the rest]

“Well then I don’t want to risk us going into a storm....we should stick around for awhile see who these people are” James sneered. “It’s

• I think that they should discuss it with the rest, no need to hurry.

[Postpone the decision to consult with the rest]

“Well then I don’t want to risk us going into a storm....we should stick around for awhile see who these people are” James sneered. “It’s

Personally, I'd agree to the alliance. These people seem alright and they make a good offer. However, at the same time I think Violet_Ant brought up a good point. This is something that should be discussed with the rest of the group. It is an important decision, which James shouldn't make all on his own.

• “I’m not gonna let them do that to her!” Marcin grasped and pulled the shotgun away from Sergio’s hands.

“You’re going to get us all killed how are we suppose to take them down?” Sergio stuttered.

“You two follow behind me and we attack, they won’t see it coming and what ever you do don’t hesitate, Stan grab my tomahawk....on three guys.....one.....two......three” Marcin hissed and slid out the window taking aim.

Two shots was enough to neutralize three of them, however one of them quickly reacted and used the girl as a human shield and pressed a shiv to her throat. Sergio repeatedly thrusted his knife into one of the attackers that was still breathing after the shot.

“Let her go!” Marcin ordered.

“You guys have no idea what you did here!......she ain’t worth saving.......she’s the flame....what the?!--” The man stuttered and gasped before an axe struck his head, but before that he managed to slit the girls throat. Sergio rushed to her aid as she started bleeding out.

“Save her!” Marcin gasped.

“She’s gone” Sergio sighed before trying to stem the bleeding.

“Fuck.....dammit” Marcin kicked a bin out of anger.

“We should get out of here” Stan urged.

“These people....they look well clothed....why would they do this to her?” Sergio stuttered nervously.

“Crazy is what they were” Stan mumbled.

“They might have a camp not far, we gotta move” Marcin scratched his chin.

Stan grabbed the pistols and placed them into a backpack and they all headed north. There was another small town on the other side of the woods. The trio stumbled upon an abandoned camp consisting three empty tents and a pile of dead bodies.

“Oh my God....what happened here?” Sergio stared in horror at a campsite scattered with bodies.

“This one was tied up, to me it looks like these people were burned alive” Marcin remarked while examining the body.

“They’re all tied some with their hands in front and some in the back” Sergio mumbled in fear while examining.

“So someone probably burned alive first and then shot or knifed in the head to prevent them from turning later on...fuck” Marcin sighed.

“Why would anyone be so barbaric and torch people? even if they had their reason to do so, still fuck” Sergio pondered.

“Who can stop them? no law, no order, at least we know what to expect of the dead....it’s the living that’s unpredictable” Marcin sighed.

“Yeah like those men back there, you think these people were with them?” Sergio asked firmly.

“I dunno, to be honest I don’t really care” Marcin grunted.

“We gotta keep going I do not want to stay here, just take whatever you find and go” Stan stuttered nervously.

Branches rustled “What the hell?!” Sergio alerted. “It came from over there, keep your guard up” Marcin pointed.

He approached the bushes with his gun wielded. “Okay I’m coming out please...don’t shoot” a caucasian woman pleaded softly. She was in her late twenties and stood almost six feet tall, her eyes were cold blue standing out from her pale face. She had short slightly curly blonde heddle hair and was wearing a camo flannel shirt.

“Who are you? and what the hell happened here, do you know anything?” Marcin frowned.

“I’m Zara...I-I don’t know what happened here I only went back here to....take the rest of the supplies from the tents” She said innocently.

“Went back there? so you’ve been here before? when?” Marcin persisted roughly.

“Last night....I have to get back to my friend she’s really sick” Zara said sullenly with her hands up.

“Where’s your friend? I’m a doctor I can help” Sergio offered softly.

“I-I think she’s got pneumonia I dunno I’m guessing.....I have another friend with her right now, while I was supposed to find antibiotics” Zara stuttered.

“We have to help her Marty” Sergio hissed to Marcin.

“Please I really need to get back” She pleaded with her hands up.

“Ey we got dead ones coming!” Stan alerted at the group of walkers heading their way.

Zara rushed into one of the tents and started searching “Hey! I said don’t move!” Marcin yelled angrily.

“I’m not gonna wait for those creepers to come closer I’m outta here” Zara muttered while packing.

“Shit we gotta hold them of” Sergio pulled out one of the pistols.

“We need to conserve ammo!” Stan remarked while they fired.

“Where’s your friend?! wha.....where are you going?! wait up!” Marcin gasped to Zara who took off.

“C’mon Stan we can’t get separated!” Sergio urged and jerked his shoulder.

It started snowing as the group chased behind Zara, a series of gunshots echoed it was possibly from an automatic rifle that startled them, but they ignored it and kept moving until Zara slipped over a log causing her to tumble down and drop the bag she was carrying. Marcin kept pointing his gun at her, there was no reason for him not to trust her, however trust comes around hard these times. Walkers were closing in from various directions as she pleaded for Marcin to help her up, Sergio and Stan kept shooting until a new group of people stepped in and fired multiple shots neutralizing the undead. Three people approached them holding automatic rifles, a woman and two men“Nobody move put your guns down!” a man ordered harshly.

“Well I’ll be damned, ain’t we lucky to find you Zara” a blue dyed caucasian woman with brown heddle remarked jokingly.

“Friends of yours?” Marcin muttered after lowering his gun.

“Friends? oh, no no, friends don’t steal from one another or....kill your fellow survivors for that matter” The woman in her mid-twenties continued.

“Konni it’s not what you think I swear I--” Zara pleaded.

Konni is currently wearing a grey jacket with a blue t-shirt underneath, blue pants , black shoes and green socks.

“I haven’t seen you three before.....a new group of yours Zara?.....hmm three men? ain’t that a change...well you really did good for yourself I see” Konni chuckled softly.

[Side with Zara by saying you are with her]

[Deny knowing Zara and say we only just met her]

[Avoid answering]

• Since I don't know Zara well enough to choose to side with her and I don´t see any reason to lie, I will choose

[Deny knowing Zara and say we only just met her]

“I’m not gonna let them do that to her!” Marcin grasped and pulled the shotgun away from Sergio’s hands. “You’re going to get us all kill

• [Deny knowing Zara and say we only just met her]

Took me a while to decide. Ultimately, I think this is the safer option. Marcin and co. barely know this woman and they have no obligation to her. They also don't know the full story behind whatever happened between Zara and Konni, so I don't think they should lie. After all, perhaps there is more to this. Perhaps Zara did something bad to Konni and her people, so they should remain neutral until they know more. The truth is not always the best course of action, but right now there is no reason to lie, especially since siding with Zara might lead to violence. Konni's men have automatic rifles after all, so they are not to be fucked with.

“I’m not gonna let them do that to her!” Marcin grasped and pulled the shotgun away from Sergio’s hands. “You’re going to get us all kill

Heh, reminds me of the Michonne plot.

Maybe if we knew her better, but I dont lie for a complete stranger.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.