MUGEN Homsar

Comments

• edited February 2009
    The only canonical special I can think of for Homestar is "The pipe is broken", which is just a something something spinning type kick. In fact, the best button combination would just be down down-back back kick.
  • edited February 2009
    Actually, that was one of the things I was wanting to put with him. Another one was "Crushed by a falling Bubs' Concession Stand."
  • edited February 2009
    Maybe Homsar could give the other charctar a chipwitch and the other person gets a brain freeze.
  • edited February 2009
    That idea just sound so absurd, it might actually work.
  • edited February 2009
    But the opponents will need an eating animation...maybe it could just be him throwing the chipwiches at them and get the same results.
  • edited February 2009
    Yeah, that basically was the point.

And instead of brain freeze, it's a regular freeze. And when Homsar throws it, he yells "OH NO!!!"

Or something. As a sort of nod to the fact that he's supposedly the son of a chipwich.
  • edited February 2009
    So the chipwich attack would work as a special striker, or as a regular attack? Because I can imagine the character's AI repeatedly spamming me with nothing but chipwiches.
  • edited February 2009
    I get tired of seeing the video of Homsar just throwing his hat and saying "Pishooo!" over and over again. These attacks will definitely work, and make Homsar a more entertaining and playable character.

But seriously, though. They should make a Homestar Runner character.

Speaking of which, sorry if this is off-topic, but if Homestar were in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, what would you think his Final Smash would be?
  • edited February 2009
    So the chipwich attack would work as a special striker, or as a regular attack? Because I can imagine the character's AI repeatedly spamming me with nothing but chipwiches.

It will probably be a down down-forward forward punch, or a back down-back down down-forward forward punch. Also, the chipwich would get some slight lag, big enough to dodge the next chipwich. And if that's not enough, if a chipwich hits a frozen character, the one who threw the chipwich would get frozen himself (kind of like Sub Zero's attacks in ye early yarrrrs).

And Homestar's Final Smash would be MAKING OUT WITH MARZIPAN IS TOTALLY AWESOME.
  • edited February 2009
    catphotos.php?image=11
  • edited February 2009
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    And Homestar's Final Smash would be MAKING OUT WITH MARZIPAN IS TOTALLY AWESOME.

I was thinking both that, and something more along the lines of GALVANIZED NAILS.
  • edited February 2009
    Nah, galvanized nails would just be regular items, or a stage hazard.

Hmmm... Maybe I might eventually pick up Homestar myself...
  • edited February 2009
    Maybe it could be his special projectile attack?
  • edited February 2009
    That thing he does at "e-mail" at his main page could make for a nice area counter. Basically:
    • Homsar goes AaAaAaA
    • a weird visual effect washes over the screen (ideally you'd mirror the swirly thing, but other stuff could work too)
    • any move the enemy is in the middle of is countered, and all spam is cleared
    • the enemy takes a small amount of damage and falls down
    • [to prevent overpoweredness, this move should cost energy]
    Also, methinks a self-duplication move where you briefly summon another Homsar would be interesting and relatively in-character (it's rare even for him, but it has happened).
  • edited February 2009
    That idea just sound so absurd, it might actually work.
    Should I be offended or happy?Attachment not found.
  • edited February 2009
    How do I get the Mugen software and play it? Looks good btw Gary.
  • edited February 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    Also, methinks a self-duplication move where you briefly summon another Homsar would be interesting and relatively in-character (it's rare even for him, but it has happened).

I've thought about self-duplication, but I think the main problem it poses is that it could lead to some Helper issues. I already had some issues causing the hat to turn into a duplicate of Homsar.

I might look into it, though.
  • edited March 2009
    i cant wait the date for download
  • edited March 2009
    Really, where do I get Mugen? To play, the software?
  • edited March 2009
    Okay, I'm going to say this, and I'm only going to say this once.

Whenever you don't know something practically everyone knows here, Google is your friend.
  • edited March 2009
    looks like you give up if do not want make other prevew check my note on deviantart
  • edited March 2009
    Sorry, but I have a lot of other things to do, and I'm not making this for people like you.

Seriously, you're being quite disrespectful, and no MUGEN creator appreciates people like you.

If this continues, I won't even release any more previews in the future, especially not on this site.
  • edited March 2009
    Looks like I'm not the only one who gets tired of Lucoshi.
  • edited March 2009
    I got tired of him the moment he spammed up my PM inbox. And I pretty much got tired of working on Homsar the moment people started to spam up my Youtube account.

Seriously, that's the reason most people stopped working on their MUGEN characters in the first place.
  • edited March 2009
    I got tired of him the moment he spammed up my PM inbox. And I pretty much got tired of working on Homsar the moment people started to spam up my Youtube account.

Seriously, that's the reason most people stopped working on their MUGEN characters in the first place.

Sorry Guy in a Box and sorry of to spam GaryCXJk. i just can't wait realise becouse i need his sprites
  • edited March 2009
    1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg

Full of it.
  • edited March 2009
    Well, I'm just glad he's not spamming up MY inbox, what with the Telltale comic I'm working on and such.
  • edited March 2009
    Meh.
  • edited March 2009
    Well to me you making Homsar be considered a Sweet Cuppin' Cakes charater with this moveset just becouse his nature is a Sweet Cuppin' Cakes clone. i think better is use the Drive-Thru Whale to theses strikers
  • edited March 2009
    Um, what?

And you said to look at your note on your profile at DeviantArt.

Erm...what profile?
  • edited March 2009
    Um, what?

And you said to look at your note on your profile at DeviantArt.

Erm...what profile?

nothing i deleted. please be my firend becouse you are begin nice you are making Homestar Runner for mugen
  • edited March 2009
    Lucoshi wrote: »
    nothing i deleted. please be my firend becouse you are begin nice you are making Homestar Runner for mugen

No, probably not. Don't know how to. Sorry.

Wait, "firend?" You mean "fire end?" You want me to burn you? OKEYDOKEY :D

Do you want me to burn you like this...
    A_dragon.PNG

or like this?
    800px262nyqdo.jpg

Okay, spam over, back to discussion.
  • edited March 2009
    Can't wait for that Homestar update. If there is one coming.
  • edited March 2009
    Okay, first of all.
    Google is your friend.

No it is not, I can't find it, anywhere! And when I did find it, it was a slow crappy version that sucked!

Second..
    800px262nyqdo.jpg

Epiiiiic...
  • edited March 2009
    splash1 wrote: »
    No it is not, I can't find it, anywhere! And when I did find it, it was a slow crappy version that sucked!

Okay, here's what I did.

I typed "MUGEN" in Google. Then I clicked on the first link, which was the Wikipedia link. Then, at the External Links section, I clicked on the top URL, which was the Random Select site. Next, I look at the menu, and there I found "Download Mugen". I clicked on the one I found appropriate, and it downloaded the file.

So, here are the steps:

http://www.google.com
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=MUGEN
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.U.G.E.N.
    http://randomselect.piiym-net.com/

And I'm not direct linking it for you, since it steals bandwidth.
  • edited March 2009
    I clicked on the one I found appropriate, and it downloaded the file.

Yeah, so did I, but it took me to Unoffical WinMugen, and there's nothing there.
  • edited March 2009
    You have to get the characters yourself. I'd suggest looking here.
  • edited March 2009
    In case you didn't know, WinMugen and any derivative IS the unofficial version. For the official version, download DOS Mugen or Linux Mugen.

Just read the readme and documentary on how to start WinMugen. Often, Youtube is your friend as well when it comes to instruction manuals for those who do not bother on finding out stuff themselves.
  • edited March 2009
    Snicklin wrote: »
    Can't wait for that Homestar update. If there is one coming.

There isn't. Too much time spent on my comic and my actual life going on are preventing this.
  • edited March 2009
    In case you didn't know, WinMugen and any derivative IS the unofficial version. For the official version, download DOS Mugen or Linux Mugen.

Linux? Huh, never thought of that, whenever I download it though, it doesn't bring me the installer, it gives me a weird .har file. Whatever that is.
This discussion has been closed.