TWD: The Fallen World

Comments

• Loved the episode! Also really liked the ending credits song.

Episode 5: Don’t Look Back Chapter 6: Terminus [Tail and Fight at Wellington] “Alright, we’ll wait until they load into the trucks. Wh

• It's a surprise

supersagig posted: »

The story of S3 will continue the Cody´s one or it will change? My character in which one will appear?

• I'm going to save some of the characters for Season 3. I'll just have some filler characters for the DLC

• DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 1: Memories

Matthew and Gregory were running through the backyard, playing tag. Trent eased into his recliner and switched on the morning news. The news had been worrisome, reports of attacks and violence. Thousands flooding into the hospital doors with some unidentified sickness. Once the now daily “Sickness is spreading” news had stopped Trent lifted himself from the recliner and dawdled towards the kitchen. He prepared himself a bowl of cereal, no work today meant the world to him. He looked out the sliding glass door at his two sons, so innocent and happy. He gave a faint grin, thin arms had suddenly wrapped around his torso.

“Good morning.” Trent smiled

“No work?” asked Naomi

“No, Jim informed us yesterday.” Trent replied still groggy from a lack of sleep

“How are Matt and Greg?” she asked

“They’re doing alright, they’re playing tag.” stated Trent

“Oh, how’s that going?” she asked with a grin

“Well Matthew’s a lot faster than Gregory but he’s trying.” Trent snickered

“I can’t believe tomorrow’s going to be Matts tenth birthday!” said Naomi

“The years really do fly away don’t they?” Trent asked

Trent and Naomi had spoke for a moment longer, they decided that it would be nice to go watch a movie as a family. They gathered Matt and Greg, once everyone was dressed they loaded into the car. They drove down the street everything was going great until they turned a corner and found a group of people being torn apart and screaming.

“Holy shit!” yelled Naomi

Trent shifted into reverse and slammed on the pedal flinging them backwards in the street. He quickly turned the vehicle and drove as fast as he could in the other direction.

“Daddy what’s going on?” Greg asked with intense fear

“I don’t know, we just need to get out of here!” He replied with likewise fear

“Trent where are we going?” asked Naomi

“We need to gather some supplies, whatever that was it wasn’t good!” He answered

They drove until they reached the main road through town, hundreds were gathered by the local grocery store. Cries of fear echoed throughout the town. People were fighting with each other over small cans of food. Out of nowhere the “infected” piled onto the car, people started to scream. Death had filled this town in less than an hour.

“Dad!” screamed Matthew

“It’ll be alright, it’ll be-” Trent was cut off when a car slammed into theirs.

Trent awoke thirty minutes later and found one of his car doors opened. He rapidly unbuckled and threw the door open. He looked all around and cried out “Naomi, Matthew, Gregory!”. No replies were heard, Trent raced through the streets. After hours of searching Trent broke down in the middle of the road, tears fell from his eyes. One of the “infected stumbled down the road, Trent got up and pushed the thing away. It came stumbling back, he picked up a branch and smacked it over the head. It fell to the ground with a thud, Trent proceeded to bash its brains in. Blood covered his clothes, what he had done had just hit him. Trent puked onto the pavement. He wiped his lips and glanced up at a truck in the distance. He walked to it, when he reached it he found Naomi, Matthew, and Gregory torn apart by the “infected”.

“No...No...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!” He cried out in agony, tears welled in his eyes and spilled over. He weeped for hours. He clutched onto their now lifeless bodies.

Suddenly Trent awoke by the dying fire. He was breathing heavy, each gasp feeling like lead. The others raised their heads and looked at Trent.

“What’s wrong?” asked Alex

“Are you alright?” Paige chimed in

“Yeah...yeah i’m fine…” Trent sighed wiping the sweat from his brow

“Alright well get some sleep.” said Mark

Paige inched closer to Trent and examined his face. “You’re not alright, are you?” she asked

“I had that dream again.” sighed Trent

“The one about your family?” asked Paige

“Yes…” He sighed again

“Well, I liked to think that the military would figure something out. Now it’s been almost four months.” Paige remembered with fondness.

“Living out in the woods has been hard on us, I only wish that we could find some shelter. Getting nourishment from berries and mushrooms hasn’t been the best time.” Trent laughed

Paige grinned and looked around the campfire. “Our group has really shrunk since the herd came through.” said Paige

Trent nodded his head in agreement. “If we didn’t have that car I don’t know where we would be.” He prodded at the fire.

“Well, I think i’m gonna get some more sleep. Why don’t you do the same?” said Paige slipping back into her bedroll.

[Go Back to Sleep] or [Keep the Fire Burning]

End of Chapter Song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv3mJqzuyVI&index=44&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg

• [Keep the Fire Burning]

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 1: Memories Matthew and Gregory were running through the backyard, playing tag. Trent eased into his recl

• [Go Back to Sleep] I'm not interested in seeing Trent burned.

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 1: Memories Matthew and Gregory were running through the backyard, playing tag. Trent eased into his recl

• [Keep the Fire Burning]

Great chapter!!!!

• [Keep the fire burning.] Already liking Trent a lot more, it's good to see how he wasn't always bad.

• [Go Back to Sleep]

• Voting has closed! Trent will Keep the Fire Going I'll try and get a new chapter up sometime this week.

• DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 2: Forgetting the Pain

[Keep the Fire Burning]

“Nah I’m gonna keep the fire going.” Trent said prodding the fire

“Alright, don’t stay up all night. We’re going on a supply run tomorrow.” Paige said weakly finally closing her eyes and drifting to sleep.

The embers cracked in the fire pit filling the soundless void. Trent swung his head around when hearing a branch crack in the brush behind them. He raised his pistol and began to breathe rapidly, the sound had grown stronger. A growing sense of fear had overwhelmed Trent, even after the four long months in the woods.

“Alex...ALEX!” Trent whispered hoping to wake up his friend.

Alex was in too deep a sleep to be awoken, Trent couldn’t risk the noise. He paced towards Paige in hopes of waking her, but out of nowhere a lone roamer stumbled out of the brush. Trent tucked his pistol away and reached for the hatchet, he brought the end down through the roamers skull. He looked at the roamer lying motionless on the cold ground. He wiped the warm sweat from his brow. He receded to the fire and got back on track to keeping the fire going. He was able to fall asleep before morning came, he was the last one awake. Trent found Paige cooking a few rabbits for breakfast. Alex had packed the groups belongings, they decided to look for a new home after their supply run. Trent glanced around their campsite, wondering how they were going to survive this.

“Hey Trent can you come help me?” asked Alex

Trent walked to Alex and looked at him. “What do you need help with?” asked Trent

“If you could pack some of our canned goods into that box.” Alex stated

“Why don’t we just eat some food from the cans?” Trent asked

“Well Mark said we need to only use them when we can’t find any squirrels or rabbits.” Alex looked at Trent

“Makes sense, where did he say we were going?” said Trent packing a few more cans into the box

“Well up north, at least for a while. There was a military sanctuary he thought could really help us survive this whole ordeal. And if it’s been overrun then we’ll just clear it out and make it our own sanctuary.” Alex repeated Marks words

“I guess that could work.” Trent sighed

“Something wrong?” asked Alex

“I guess, I’m still thinking about my family. It’s tearing me up inside, I know I could have done so much more to save them. It’s something i’m gonna have to live with the rest of my life…” Trent faltered nearly tearing up

“It’s hard Trent, but you have to forget the pain.” Alex placed his hand on Trent’s shoulder

“I’m not going to let anyone hurt you all, I’ll kill them before they get the chance…” Trent growled

“Trent, no one’s going to hurt us.” Alex said a little scared of Trent

“Don’t lie.” Trent snapped

Alex and Trent finished their job. The group started their trek into town to find more supplies, not knowing of the danger that waited for them. The walk was long, hot, and tiring by the time they got to the town they already wanted to rest for the night. They reached a small gas station with a red roof and a few abandoned vehicles. They pressed through the glass doors and drew their weapons. They searched the gas station for any useful items, they only found four cans of food and a few bottles of water.

“Shit, we need more!” Mark said

“This is alright, we still have enough food and water to last us another few weeks.” said Paige

“We have enough time to clear out another building!” Mark argued

“I don’t think so!” Alex said pointing to a group of roamers right outside

“Shit! Everyone get back!” Mark commanded

They all searched for a back door, but couldn’t find anything to help them. They knew they had to take the roamers head on. They had no advantage in the fight, only the roamers did. Mark fired the first shot knocking one of the roamers down only for another to take its place. Paige used her knife to take out a few that got too close, Trent fired three shots and landed all three in the roamers skulls. Alex had gone up to stab one of the roamers but tripped on a missing arm.

“NOOOOOO!!!” cried Trent before Alex was eaten alive by a few of the roamers

“Come on! There’s an opening!” yelled Paige

“We have to help Alex! He’s still alive!” Trent yelled

“There’s no time!” argued Mark

[Kill the Roamers Eating Alex] or [Escape the Gas Station]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS_NhUFUa2I

• [Escape the Gas Station] It's kind of confusing to have two Alex.

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 2: Forgetting the Pain [Keep the Fire Burning] “Nah I’m gonna keep the fire going.” Trent said proddin

• [Kill the Roamers Eating Alex] Why Not?

Amazing Chapter!!!!!

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 2: Forgetting the Pain [Keep the Fire Burning] “Nah I’m gonna keep the fire going.” Trent said proddin

• [Escape the Gas Station]

• [Escape the Gas Station]

• [Escape the Gas Station.]

• Voting has closed going to [Escape the Gas Station] Get ready for an emotional chapter!

• I apologize for the inactivity. I've been really busy. I'm gonna try and get the chapter written up before the week's over but I definitely can't make any promises.

• DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 3: Blood Bath

[Escape the Gas Station]

Trent looked back down at Alex’s body squeezed his eyes shut and leaped out the window along with his friends. The searing pain grew in Trent’s chest, the group had reached the outskirts of the small town. They had all been panting and searching for any close roamers, they were terrified by the enormous count of roamers.

“Is everyone alright?” asked Mark

“I’m fine, I just need a breather…” panted Paige

“How about you?” Mark looked at Trent with concern

“I...I...I” Trent stuttered

“It’s alright, let’s just get going.” said Mark

They began their brisk walk back through the dense forest. Leaves had cracked under their hurrying feet. Trent kept a blank face, his anger was building but couldn’t be let out. Each step was like a step closer to madness, unfortunately no one knew but Trent...

“Want some water?” asked Paige

Trent grabbed the canteen and chugged down the water. “Thanks.” He said with little effort

“Are you doing okay? I mean after what happened to Alex.” Paige asked

“I’m not okay, I never will be...quit asking me.” Trent demanded

Paige had backed off and grew a frightened look on her blood caked face. “...We’ll clean this blood off when we get to the l. We can boil some water and fill our canteens, afterwards we can keep on towards the military base.” Paige insisted

“I like that plan, it’ll be good to get this shit off!” Mark said scratching the dried blood on his chin

“You think the roamers are still after us?” Trent asked

“Most of them were still focused on Alex, only ten or fifteen probably saw us. I think if we keep moving we should be fine.” said Mark

“Damn, I wish this heat would just go away!” Paige complained fanning air towards her

“Well the military base is further north, that should mean we’ll have some pretty cool weather.” Trent mentioned

“Great, I always hated the heat…” Paige sighed

“How much further to the lake?” asked Trent

“Only about...ten minutes now!” Mark informed him

Once they reached the lake Trent threw off his clothes, all except his underwear. Mark and Paige did the same, the cool bath was exactly what they needed. Trent went under the water and stayed submerged for minutes. Mark and Paige were trying to get his attention. The blood fused with the water and clouded Trent’s view, he was thinking about his family and Alex. I failed you, those words resonated in his head. Paige and Mark pulled him to the river shore, they pumped on his chest until eventually he spit out the water.

“What the hell was that!?” said Paige

“What were you thinking!” Mark said with bewilderment

“I…” Trent tried

[Tell Them] or [Lie] or [Stay Silent]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ONoQC1Cfk4&list=PLoAPkrji16yFShB6YxWV_Fk4NaEAcrZSC&index=16

• [Stay Silent]

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 3: Blood Bath [Escape the Gas Station] Trent looked back down at Alex’s body squeezed his eyes shut an

• [Tell Them]

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 3: Blood Bath [Escape the Gas Station] Trent looked back down at Alex’s body squeezed his eyes shut an

• [Tell Them]

• Voting has closed going to Tell Them I'll try and get a chapter up this week!

• DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 4: Back on Track

[Tell Them]

“I watched the blood and the water mix, I was lost I didn’t even realize I was drowning until you pulled me to the surface…” Trent stuttered

Paige and Mark looked at each other with frightened expressions. “I’m sorry… What?” said Mark

“I thought about my family, I failed them.” Trent whispered somberly

“Trent you did what you could. You can’t keep blaming yourself for what happened to them or anyone for that matter. The only thing that’s being achieved through these thoughts is driving you insane. You have to get out of this mindset now!” Paige said with conviction

Trent stared blankly at her for a moment. “I am the reason they’re dead, if I had been smarter. They didn’t deserve what happened to them, and now Alex has met the same fate. Everyone around me is destined to end up dead, killed by those monsters!” Trent said

“Your family died because of the roamers! Not because of you! You need to think about that for a moment, get your mind off the idea that you’re the reason everyone around you is dying! People are dying around you because that’s what happens, you can’t control it and I can’t control it! The only way we’re gonna survive this thing is with a clear mind and hope. Without those two elements we lose ourselves and our sense of purpose in this god forsaken world! You’ve lost those two elements and look at what it’s doing to you, you’ve become a shell of a man!” Mark pleaded

“You know you’re right Mark there are two elements to survival, but they’re not a clear mind and hope. You know what they are? A sharp blade and a few extra bullets. Don’t try and cheer me up with your philosophical bullshit. I know that you won’t get anywhere in this fallen world with only your ‘clear mind and hope’. Having those two elements are what made me weak, thinking things were gonna be fine in the end is what made me weak not strong.” Trent argued

“Quit arguing! We just need to get to that military base, after that we’ll be safe.” Paige snapped

Trent looked up at the darkening sky, the clouds rolled through along with a light rain. The trail they had followed was muddy, the air was moist and brimming with life in this dead world. Paige and Mark had kept their distance from Trent for the entirety of their trip closer to the military base. Along the trip only a select few words were shared between the trio. Trent had loaded his pistol and kept it in his hand, always ready for action. Now only fifty miles from the military base the group had decided to take a short break. They unloaded their belongings and started a fire. The fire danced in the moonlight, the heat had eased the chill deep in their bones. Paige sat closer to Mark, they were speaking about something. Trent was too far away to know what it was but he felt like it was about him.

“Only a bit farther now.” Trent stated

“Yep, it’s been one hell of a journey. If we could just find a car it would greatly decrease our travel time.” Mark thought out loud

“What if no one’s there… What if the military’s gone?” Paige asked

“We’ll make the military base into our own home, we’re strong enough that we can clear out the roamers.” Trent told them

A branch cracked in the woods, it sprung the trio to their feet. Their guns were pointed to the woods, the noises were growing louder. It wasn’t a walker but something else…

“What do you think it could be?” asked Paige with worry

“Shhh.” Mark urged

Trent would make the shot as soon as he knew what or who it was. Without warning a teenager emerged from the woods. BANG!!! The sound had echoed through the woods, smoke escalated from the barrel of Trent’s pistol. The teenager clutched his neck which spewed blood and dropped to the ground in a pool of blood. Paige had started to weep and threw herself into Mark’s embrace. Trent had just realized what he had done. A tear rolled down his cheeks, he lowered the pistol and looked solemnly at the lifeless body.

“You fucking monster!” Paige screamed

“Shhhh! It’s alright Paige!” Mark faltered

The lone tear fell down onto the ground, but was quickly joined by a flow of more. Trent collapsed to his knees and looked at the pistol, he threw it away and clutched the body. Trent had started to think of the river and the blood that had fused into it. What have I become…? The next morning Trent had awoke except something was different, Paige and Mark were gone.

“P-Paige! Mark!” Trent called out

Their items were gone, Trent only found his own belongings still remaining. “Shit!” he groaned.

He packed up and looked at the makeshift grave for the teenager.* I’m so sorry…* He pressed on through the woods. He began to think how far ahead Mark and Paige could be, they were obviously still headed to the military base it was their own idea. Trent finally reached the highway from the dense woods, a lone truck was on the road. Trent filled the passenger side with his supplies, the key was hidden in a direction book in the dashboard. Trent turned the key and listened to the truck come to life, he gave a small chuckle of relief to know he had a quick way to the base. He drove for half an hour until he found a small group with a large amount of supplies. I only have a water bottle and a few cans of food, they have a lot! Trent pulled over to the side and stopped the truck. He opened the door and kept his pistol loaded and ready.

“Hey, I was just driving up the road and found you nice folks… Look i’m gonna be honest with you I have been on my own for a long time. I’m almost completely out of supplies, if I don’t get any soon I may starve. I know it’s a lot to ask during times like these but could you spare some food and water?” Trent asked

“Ummm I don’t know if that’s gonna work.” said a man named George

“Are you sure? I could give you a ride if you’re going anywhere specific!” Trent lied

“No. No we’re fine.” George said

“I see.” Trent’s tone became hostile

“Look we’re sorry, but we need our supplies. I’m sure you could find some further along.” informed a woman named Nancy

“Alright I was trying to be nice.” Trent pointed his pistol at George “Give me your supplies or die.” Trent commanded

The others in the group got down onto the ground but George remained standing. “Just put the gun down and no one has to be hurt!” George pleaded

“I already told you I need your supplies, now hand them over!” Trent yelled

“We’re not giving you shit!” George growled

“Well i’m going over some options right now, none are good for you.” Trent grinned

[Kill them all and take their supplies] or [Take their supplies and leave them with nothing]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDYAJ2-Y1E&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg&index=43

• [Take their supplies and leave them with nothing]

Amazing Chapter!!!!

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 4: Back on Track [Tell Them] “I watched the blood and the water mix, I was lost I didn’t even realize

• [Kill them all and take their supplies]

Why don't we just kill these folks and take all of their stuff?

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 4: Back on Track [Tell Them] “I watched the blood and the water mix, I was lost I didn’t even realize

• [Take their supplies and leave them with nothing.]

• Voting has closed! Trent is going to be a little less evil and only Take their supplies and leave them with nothing Get ready for a new evil filled chapter sometime soon!

• DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 5: Karma

[Take their supplies and leave them with nothing]

“Well I guess i’ll just take your supplies, no need to kill you...just a waste of bullets.” Trent snickered

“You’re crazy if you think i’m gonna-” George tried

The bullet penetrated George’s kneecap, painful screams filled the air. Trent clutched the knapsack from George and began his work on the others, he now had enough supplies for a whole month if he could ration it correctly. He examined the group’s condition, he finally let out a sigh.

“Ya know? I really don’t have to let you live, has that message sunk in?” Trent asked with a grin.

“Fuck you…” George faltered clutching his knee, staring wildly into Trent’s eyes.

“I’m sorry. What did you just say?” Trent growled

“I-said… Fuck you!” George roared

“Oh hush now! That tone isn’t sitting right, maybe you could be a bit happier that i’m not killing you!” Trent chuckled

“You’re fucking insane!” George exhaled

“Alright…ummmm. What’s your name?” Trent asked

“George, asshole.” George fumed

“Ahh yes, George. So George here’s what’s gonna happen, i’m gonna walk away with your supplies and you’re not gonna do shit about it. Is that alright?” Trent stared through George

“No.” George replied

“Well I won’t take no for an answer, let’s just make this easy. Alright now you say ‘Yes Trent it’s alright that you take or supplies’.” Trent twirled his blade through his fingers.

“Yes Trent, you can go fuck yourself. While you’re at it, hand our supplies back over.” George smiled and looked at Trent

“Well George you just don’t like to play by the rules do you?” said Trent, George had nothing left to say. “Well i’m gonna go, you all have a nice day now!” Trent smiled and walked back to his truck.

Trent exhaled and gave the key a turn. He looked back at the group, still recovering from his assault. A small sliver of Trent had felt remorse and empathy, but that wasn’t enough to compensate for the want for dominance and control. It fueled Trent’s ego greatly, it gave him the gusto to keep on living. He needed some way to release the pent up aggression that he’s held back for so long. After a while longer of thinking about what to do with Paige and Mark when they finally rejoin. Trent pondered all of the possibilities. Rain had started to fall, it had become troublesome for Trent’s view. He tried to use the windshield wipers but to his surprise they didn’t work.

“Shit shit shit!” He muttered while feverishly scanning the road ahead of him

If roamers could speak Trent knew the words they were saying to themselves now. “Fuck!” Trent yelled when several roamers became trapped under the tires. When he was finally able to get the truck moving again, the wheels started to become trapped from bones. The truck began to accelerate but Trent couldn’t properly steer. The truck flew off the road and crashed into a tree, Trent wasn’t harmed but the truck was screwed. Smoke rose from the engine, Trent threw open the door and tumbled out landing with a groan.

“Well… Karma’s a bitch!” grunted Trent

Visibility was limited, roamers were closing in, only five bullets left. Trent scrambled up the hill and looked through the storm and could only see six roamers. Shit, can’t see if there are anymore. Maybe staying at the truck would be the best option?

[Stay by the Truck] or [Take your Chances on the Road]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phqd9YYGilQ

• [Stay by the Truck] Cause , why not? xd

Awesome Chapter!!!!!!!

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 5: Karma [Take their supplies and leave them with nothing] “Well I guess i’ll just take your supplies,

• Staying in truck will get you trapped so I don't like that option.

[Take your Chances on the Road]

DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 5: Karma [Take their supplies and leave them with nothing] “Well I guess i’ll just take your supplies,

• [Take your Chances on the Road]

• [Take your Chances on the Road]

• edited January 2015

We already know he'll live either way, so...

[Stay by the truck.]

• Voting has closed! It seems Take your Chances on the Road Won't be as long of a wait for the next chapter!

• How many chapters will the DLC have? When will S3 start? Just askinh , i don´t want to bother you

Voting has closed! It seems Take your Chances on the Road Won't be as long of a wait for the next chapter!

• 8 chapters for the DLC and S3 will start in February.

supersagig posted: »

How many chapters will the DLC have? When will S3 start? Just askinh , i don´t want to bother you

• DLC - The Rise of Trent Chapter 6: Dead Road

[Take you Chances on the Road]

Staying by a wrecked vehicle probably won’t help. Fuck it. Trent swallowed his fear and began his trek through the dark night. He kept the pistol close to his body and scanned the area ahead not seeing anymore roamers. The wind kept blowing, making Trent sometimes lose his balance. The trees clashed together, and the sky threw ferocious bolts of lightning onto the lonely road. A roamer turned its decaying head, a smile bit of flesh dropped from it’s teeth as it let out a mortifying groan and began shifting towards Trent. Knowing the noise would draw more of them out Trent pistol whipped the roamer and began bashing it’s head in. The rain washed the blood from his body, Trent kept his mind on Mark and Paige. Trent breathed heavily with rage thinking of the pair. As the minutes passed by Trent became more and more loathing of them.

“Fucking cocksuckers!” Trent mumbled under his breath, he retrieved his composure and remained focused on getting to another vehicle.

Finally he found six vehicles ahead of him, he rushed to them. He feverishly tugged on the door handles, none were opening. It was too dangerous to break in unless he was certain it would work. Trent never was good with guessing, it always ended exactly how he didn’t want it to. Summoning the courage from the pressing knowledge that this was his only way to get to the military base in time. He decided on the blue car furthest ahead, knowing it would be easier with a spark plug he grunted with aggravation. He smashed the window with the end of his pistol, an alarm rang out for miles. He threw himself into the drivers seat and began working to start the car. With a sigh of relief he started the vehicle and slammed on the pedal making the car burst forward with great speed. He pounded his fist on the steering wheel and screamed with joy. The raindrops flew through the window and covered Trent’s eyes but he couldn’t care less. In less than an hour Trent found the military base, his heart raced with excitement. He kept the vehicle half a mile away, just so no one could would see him coming. He creeped up to the fence and began searching for a fire or any sign that Mark and Paige were there. Just when he began to think he was the only one there he heard Mark’s voice from around the corner. Staying out of view he watched Mark and Paige enjoying a warm meal. Trent pointed his gun at Mark’s head and began thinking of how happy he would be to just pull the trigger. He decided to take in his mind the fun route.

“Well howdy doo fuckers!” Mark laughed with a gun pointed at them

“Holy shit! Trent?” said Mark

“Thought you could leave me behind!” Trent growled

“You were acting crazy!” added Paige

“You assholes are going to learn!” Trent kicked Mark in the gut and kept the pistol fixed on Paige.

“Stop!” Paige pleaded as Trent proceeded to beat Mark

Blood started to stain the ground, Trent kept a wild look in his eye. Paige had no power to save Mark from Trent’s wrath. Mark had began pleading for his life, Paige finally tried to save him but was shot in the leg. Trent began to bash Mark’s face with his pistol, Paige closed her eyes and began to weep. Not long after Marks face was completely bruised in and Trent had blood coating his body. He looked down at Mark and had a sliver of regret but he shook it off. Paige had drained her tear ducts before finally pulling herself together.

“Get to work--doctor.” Trent said and walked into the base.

Paige gathered her medical supplies and worked on Mark, not knowing whether or not he would be able to even wake up again. Trent had examined the inside of the base and marveled at the possibilities. He knew he found a place to call home. A few hours later he went back outside and found Paige holding Mark in her arms and praying for him to be okay. Paige looked at Trent with hateful eyes, if she had the strength she would have killed him on the spot. But she was too worried about Mark to even care about revenge.

“You’re a monster…” Paige faltered and looked back down at Marks battered face

“I’m not a monster, i’m just…angry.” Trent smiled

“You think that’s cute? I hope a roamer tears every limb off of you!” Paige roared

“Oh just calm down, he’ll live...maybe.” Trent snickered

“I wish you would have died with Alex…” Paige mumbled

Trent smiled and slapped Paige with great force. Paige held her hand to her cheek and let out a lone tear from the pain. “You can have this place. I’m leaving, and i’m taking Mark with me!” Paige cried

“You’re not leaving, I’m gonna need help making my dream of this place a reality.” Trent smiled

“I’d rather die!” Paige growled

“Okay then go ahead put the gun to your head and pull the trigger.” Trent looked her dead in the eyes and threw the gun at her. “What’s the matter doc? Can’t escape the nightmare?” Trent taunted her. Paige held the gun to her head for several moments until pointing it back at Trent. Trent reached around and put a pistol he found inside to Marks head. “Do you really want to go down this route?” said Trent “No…” Paige dropped the pistol. “So how’s your wound?” Trent looked at her leg

“How do you think it feels you piece of shit!” Paige growled

“Jesus you were going to interrupt my fun, I couldn’t have that!” said Trent

“You’re a goddamn psychopath!” Paige said with horror

“I let Mark off easy. I could have easily bashed his skull in. But no, I did the nice thing and allowed you two to have some more time together before your inevitable death.” Trent prodded the fire.

“What happened to you!? The Trent I knew would have never done this to anyone!” Paige cried

“That Trent is dead, it’s time to move forward. This isn’t a world with remorse or hope, this is a word with death and chaos. The only thing we can do is try to prevent those two things.” said Trent

“This conversation is boring me, I’m gonna go see what we have for supplies.” Trent informed Paige

“Leave!” Paige said on Trent’s way back in

Once he got back into the building Trent looked at the supplies before him. There had been enough to supply a small army, maybe that’s what he needed. His own force against the roamers and those who oppose him. But that would have to wait for later as Trent was starving, he looked at the two cans he had before him.

“Hmmm Apricots or Beans?” Trent pondered “Meh. I’ll just go with the apricots.” Trent opened the can and digged into his first meal in a while.

He felt a bit concerned about Paige killing him in revenge but he knew she didn’t have the guts. And it turns out that over the next few days that he was right. Paige stayed at the base, more than likely for the security and making sure Trent wouldn’t kill him. He woke up the day after, but he still wasn’t able to do anything. Trent was spending all of his days building stronger walls for his soon to be community. Paige paid no attention, all of it was used on keeping Mark healthy. Trent finally had his first run in with a group passing by in search of a safe place.

“Well it’s a work in progress but it should be completed with hard work and diligence.” Trent smiled looking at his progress

“Well can we join? We could really help you!” The woman pleaded

“Have you built anything before? Or used your hands for hard work? If it’s yes for either of those than my answer is yes!” Trent smiled

The group looked at each other suspiciously. “Unless of course you’re going to cause trouble, then I won’t hesitate to keep you away at all costs.” Trent’s voice changed to a low threatening one.

“No sir! We won’t cause any trouble!” One of the younger members added in

“Well I don’t know, convince me.” Trent demanded

The group told Trent of their experiences on the road and what they’ve done to survive. But he also noticed some red flags, bandits had followed them at one point and they had a member turn on them and kill three members before being put down.

“Your story was absolutely riveting, but I need a moment to think about it.” said Trent

[Let Them Join] or [Turn Them Away]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnNuSrtxYBk&index=73&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg

Sign in to comment in this discussion.