UPDATE 3.4 "The Walking Dead" Text Adventure: NOW WITH MORE EPISODES!

Comments

• edited August 2014

No, go ahead. I was inspired by someone else as well. ;) Oh and I fixed the bug. Send me the link to your story when you finish it, I'll give it a go. And stay tuned for episode 2!

Mazdamaxsti posted: »

Saved kevin, took lead, took bed, then the gun shop was a broken link. By the way, are you ok with me making one on my own about TWD? I k

• Can't wait!

SivD1 posted: »

Title confirmed: "The Walking Dead: Episode 2: On the Horizon"! I truly believe that this episode is MUCH better than episode 1, so if you e

• UPDATE: "The Walking Dead: Episode 2: On the Horizon" has been delayed to September, due to it not being completed and I would like to further improve its quality. On the bright side, I have made a website to further communicate with fans of the series. You can check it out here: davidsivakgames.wordpress.com

• yours seem pretty good i hope i doesn't have the same outcome as Harjks, i was so sad when i saw his thread was closed, fuck copyright up his moms ass

• I have re-wrote the ending to Episode 2 (to make it better of course) and now I just have to type it. High School starts this week, so I'm not sure how much time I will have to work on it, but expect it before September 20th!

• Did you read why his thread closed? Harjks wasn't happy with his story from a writing perspective (I understand what that feels like), so he's deciding to restart the series, but he has confirmed that there will be returning characters. He's said that there will be a demo probably released in October. As for my story, no, I do not have any plans of restarting it, though I was tempted due to the drastic change in quality between Episode 1 and what will be Episode 2. Episode 1 was made in 8 hours, and Episode 2 is still in development, but I've worked on it for 28 hours. High school is starting this week, so I don't know how much time I'll have to work on it. Episode 2 will hopefully be released before September 20th, but I can't confirm anything just yet. \Glad you enjoyed the series!

yours seem pretty good i hope i doesn't have the same outcome as Harjks, i was so sad when i saw his thread was closed, fuck copyright up his moms ass

• Here's where I have to get real with you guys, I'm busy between 6AM-3PM (Weekends is 5:30-6:00PM) 7 days a week. School and my job are very time consuming. I'm about to work on the episode, but it's been 5 days since I've edited it. Yes, it's that time-consuming. It's very difficult for me to give a release date just yet, but I really do hope to have it released by the end of September. I may be posting more on this forum for your guys' opinions on some things, so keep in touch. Anyway, thanks for the continuous support.

• It's ends after i say im sorry about what happened back there

• edited September 2014

Hmm, weird. I can't seem to find the problem. Everything works fine for me. I know it's inconvenient, but maybe try different choices?

-XYAB- posted: »

It's ends after i say im sorry about what happened back there

• I did and i have to say it was great, thanks for making this, i'm excited for the next one.

Hmm, weird. I can't seem to find the problem. Everything works fine for me. I know it's inconvenient, but maybe try different choices?

• I have to ask, how did you make this? I really want to make one about Lilly.

• Great to hear, glad you enjoyed it!

-XYAB- posted: »

I did and i have to say it was great, thanks for making this, i'm excited for the next one.

• Just make an account on the website, and click on create, choose gamebook and off you go!

kaza125 posted: »

I have to ask, how did you make this? I really want to make one about Lilly.

• Any new updates? Just wondering, I don't mean to be impatient. Just want to know if it's still active.

• Like I said up above, the story is possibly 80% done, and though I know that hyping things up isn't much reassurance, I'm happy to say that I love the way that Episode 2 is shaping out.

TheHatMan posted: »

Any new updates? Just wondering, I don't mean to be impatient. Just want to know if it's still active.

• edited October 2014

Good to hear! And sorry I was sort of rushing because my brother wanted to use this laptop. If you like it, I'll definately like it. The least I can say is take your time, no one wants you to rush your game and hopefully you won't. Possibly 80% done could mean 50% done, can I ask you a question from one writer to another?

Do you script it out on paper first, but not the dialogue just the ideas or do you just do it from plain scratch on Quest?

Like I said up above, the story is possibly 80% done, and though I know that hyping things up isn't much reassurance, I'm happy to say that I love the way that Episode 2 is shaping out.

• I have a notebook here. I write down all my ideas. Then I write a summary of the story down on paper (in order. I also include all the choices and their consequences as well). Then I write it on Quest. Hope that helped.

TheHatMan posted: »

Good to hear! And sorry I was sort of rushing because my brother wanted to use this laptop. If you like it, I'll definately like it. The lea

• edited September 2014

It is very important that you vote. Note: clicking on "hurry the hell up" means don't do any coverage for now. Clicking on "tickle me intrigued" means that I'll still work on The Walking Dead, but I'll release some starting info a my second series. Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/2634290

Leave a comment with what you voted for and why you chose it!

• Just so you guys know, the poll closes tonight at 5:00 PM EASTERN time. Thanks for the feed back so far!

• edited September 2014

UPDATE: The votes are in! Announcing... "Borderlands: Gun for Hire"! Don't worry, like I state in the other thread, finishing Episode 2 is my main priority for now. I'll let you check out the thread for yourself, but here's a plot description for you:

"You are Blisterscope, a gun for hire. In the unreal land of Pandora, it's not hard to find hits in your line of work. You want to make cash fast, and make cash big, rising up the ranks of best assassin. Troubled by your past, you have your own agenda as well. Coming across a colourful list of characters, some crazy, some reasonable, some greedy, and others who want to keep their emotions under wraps. Who will you trust? Who will you work for? Who will you kill? How will you do it? It's up to you."

Check out the official thread here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/84306/borderlands-gun-for-hire-text-adventure-early-development?new=1

• Ohh, nice, I'll check it out when it's ready. :)

UPDATE: The votes are in! Announcing... "Borderlands: Gun for Hire"! Don't worry, like I state in the other thread, finishing Episode 2 is m

• Alright, so don't take this update the wrong way, the Episode is not done just yet. But here's an important question. Should I add music to my stories? I'm sure that it would add more dramatic elements, and I'd probably use the music for the game series because... why not? But his would also mean that the Episode would be pushed back by at least a week (there's literally 100 pages right now, and adding a song to each one would be terribly hard). If not, the Episode would be released as soon as its finished. Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/2651716

• I've decided to make up a deadline for the second episode's release. The deadline for "The Walking Dead: Episode 2: On the Horizon" is October 31 (Halloween). Don't panic, I know that this sound like a long time. I get it, you're probably like ANOTHER MONTH? HOW LONG DOES HE NEED TO WORK ON THE DAMN THING? And that's fine. Keep in mind, that's a deadline, and it will most likely be released before then. Thanks for the continuous support. -David

• Pretty cool. Wish I had known about this site, it flows really nice.

• I wish I had played this sooner, I LOVE this!

• Thanks!:D

I wish I had played this sooner, I LOVE this!

• Pretty simple update, ask me any questions, I'll answer all of them!

• Not really an update, but here's some good ol' hype. There are many action scenes that play out differently depending on your choices. One in particular has 107 different paths. Some differences are drastic, some minor. Just wanted to leave a little update for you guys! #Hype!

• edited October 2014

Kevin got rekt in two plays. It just wasn't as satisfying when he didn't die, honestly.

• Oh, but Kevin's great in Episode 2, so I think it's good to keep him around!

• Alrighty, we're at the home stretch, folks. I'm 90% sure that Episode 2 is coming out by the end of this week. It's possible that it'll get pushed back until next week, but I definitely have a feeling that Episode 2 will come out this week, so stay tuned!

• Cool, can't wait! :-)

Alrighty, we're at the home stretch, folks. I'm 90% sure that Episode 2 is coming out by the end of this week. It's possible that it'll get

• edited October 2014

Alt text

Pipas posted: »

Cool, can't wait! :-)

• UPDATE: Prepare yourselves, putting the finishing touches on Episode 2 now!

Alt text

• Please note that my full attention will now be turned to Episode 1 of "Borderlands: Gun for Hire", which you can check out the thread for here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/84306/borderlands-gun-for-hire-text-adventure-early-development

• edited October 2014

Pretty good second episode, I really enjoyed it. :) The choice between Finn and Dawn was really tough and what I liked even more was the outcome. Like it's more logical to save the one you spent more time with. And then he kills him/her! What a mofo! :D Like that the person you didn't spend so much time with gets a chance to shine in the next episode. That was pretty clever, bravo!

Alt text

You should make that choice into a poll.

There were some errors from time to time, but the most obvious one was that Finn was sometimes called Kevin.

Anyway, can't wait for the third episode! :P

YOU CAN PLAY EPISODE 2 HERE: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/tzw-aytf-kujs9jnfzrvgw/the-walking-dead-episode-2-on-the-horizon Choi

• Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to fix the Kevin/Finn errors as I come across them. And the poll is now made (I thought I made it already, thanks for pointing that out).

• edited October 2014

Yeah the gun situation with Josh, there was a major error there. (It swapped my choice whether to kill Dawn or Finn).

MY REVIEW (from text-adventure):

I enjoyed the entire story, and what I really am feeling from this is that it's longer than most of the other text-based adventure games I've played. It's truly excellent, the story was amazing. Even though some scenes were ironic with the stranger being b**, and then Kevin being b** next. I liked the plot advancing from the last episode, but the mall base\ was a little cliche and over exaggerated. If you are thinking of Carver's base or Woodbury (or even Crawford) that wasn't really the case, it was just that it was a large facility with a lot of people, and a lot of guns. I can get that they established an organization, but it was almost as if there were no flaws in the Mall Group aside from the foreshadowing-dark events leader. There's always something going down with the leader, whether it's the Governor, William Carver, Crawford, or anything. I guess it wasn't as bad, because it didn't come to the final showdown for you to realize he was a bad guy. I honestly was trying to find a way to trust Josh, after realizing "most" of the survivors were missing limbs and most importantly eyes, and let Laura go with him. It was when she came back in a BDSM type scenario (please if you are under age do not search that up) that I knew that there was no more chances with this guy. I honestly wish that there could have been some people more important to the plot that could have survived this conflict, maybe Josh could have survived but then again you weren't given that type of option. The biggest question now is what happens to the Mall Base? Seeing as you are going to leave the corpses of Dawn or Finn and Josh, there leader. If I was the one to make predictions I would say that there would be no way that they would come after you for revenge, unless Josh had an unknown sibling. The Mall Base was being tormented by Josh (considering the loss limbs) so they'd be throwing a party in there, One thing I can't get off my back is why they didn't overthrow Josh, it seemed whenever someone made a mistake they'd be severely punished for it personally by him. Maybe it wasn't just him? Maybe he had respected elites? I don't know. I wonder whats to come next, it leaves the story in an empty cliffhanger which is really good. Wanna know why? Because this is just the second episode of the series (considering that its five episodes with a bonus). SivD1 you are one of my newest favorite text adventure game creators, I hope you look into the future of making much more of these (possibly a season 2, not going to rush you there though buddy). I can understand how these things take time, and you didn't have to rush ahead of your deadline (October 31st). I'm also interested in your Borderlands game, I know TellTale has released a game in that same environment. I didn't really look into it maybe sometime later I will. Is there anyway I can contact you via skype, email, etc? I'd like to talk a little. Anyway, to conclude this review. Good game, amazing effort, love to see you next time.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to fix the Kevin/Finn errors as I come across them. And the poll is now made (I thought I made it already, thanks for pointing that out).

• That wasn't an error. That was part of my plan. Notice how he says "Well we don't always get what we want, now do we?". It was planned that way from the beginning.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.