UPDATE 3.4 "The Walking Dead" Text Adventure: NOW WITH MORE EPISODES!

Comments

• Ah, I see. I had almost thought he was talking about the justification of leaving without any trouble at all. Thanks for telling me, I would have been replaying it all over again for another answer.

SivD1 posted: »

That wasn't an error. That was part of my plan. Notice how he says "Well we don't always get what we want, now do we?". It was planned that way from the beginning.

• I indeed do, have Skype! Thanks for the long and detailed review, it is very highly appreciated. However, I'll message you my skype, so it isn't left out in the public. I'm not on Skype very often, and I'm about to leave my house for a bit. I'll message you on Skype in maybe an hour?

• I'm quite glad this series is still going strong. I'll continue keeping my eye on it. :D

• Thank you. Do you mind leaving some of your thoughts on Episode 2 for me?

HarjKS posted: »

I'm quite glad this series is still going strong. I'll continue keeping my eye on it.

• edited October 2014

i liked a lot those episodes, please continue with them, but take your time :)

the only scene in the whole series that i didint liked is choose between Dawn or Finn, just because Josh do the oposite off what you really want. I understand that move is made to show how Josh is an asshole. But i really wanted to save Dawn, so i replayed the episode and said to josh to kill Dawn, so I could save her. i know that was supposed to be a slap on your face like : " SURPIRSE! NOW YOU GONNA INTERACT WITH THE PERSON YOU WANTED TO SEE DEAD, DEAL WITH IT IN THE NEXT EPISODE!". I usually do not replay an episode, but I couldnt let that one go, sorry.

• The main reason I did that was because it seemed the most logical choice would be to choose who you spent the most time with, so this way, you spend time with the person you spent less time with.

• its ok, i " cheated" because the character and Dawn built a connection after all shit they pass in the trip. i have to replay and im sorry for that, but if i didint do that i think this was going to kill me for a long time. it was stronger them me

The main reason I did that was because it seemed the most logical choice would be to choose who you spent the most time with, so this way, you spend time with the person you spent less time with.

• edited November 2014

I understand what you mean, but please do realize that I did this for a reason. That was a HUGE choice development wise, and characters will hate you for it. Not to spoil too much, but Dawn will be mad since you told Josh to kill her. Though there's nothing I can do to stop you, I do hope you go with your original choice of killing Finn.

• UPDATE: Don't expect Episode 3 of The Walking Dead until early 2015, and I mean around February or March!

• Update: I announced on my "Borderlands: Gun for Hire" thread that I would be cancelling it for now. For a btter explanation, read the paragraph below.

Today, I bring sad news announcing my cancellation of this series. Now, keep in mind that a better way to say "cancelled" in this case is "put on the shelf", since I will definitely be returning to it probably sometime in 2015. The reason for the change is that I wasn't mentally prepared for a story of this detail, and I kept noticing that the writing sounded lazy and sloppy. I'm honestly sad, and I'm looking forward to rebooting it in the future (you guys don't know it, but I fell in love with the story). For now, I'm going to focus on The Walkind Dead and my new "Mass Effect" series. Thank you for your support, and I will update this thread as soon as there is change. Have a great day, -David

• Just some extra details on the Mass Effect teaser. ;)

It's still in early development, but I've been working on it for a long time and have been keeping it under wraps. It's announcement is kind of a consolation prize for me delaying Borderlands for a while. I'll post a link to it when I've completed it however.

I'll only share a few details here with you. This series will pay attention to how you treat others, especially your crew members. You'll have to take part in several important missions spanning across the whole universe. As of right now, the series is planned to be three very long parts, but it's possible that I might make it five parts, just for the story benefit. The only big tease for right now is that the final mission in every part (every part if it's three, or episodes 1, 3 and 5 if five parts) will have suicide-mission-like consequences. Anyways, good to hear that you're intrigued. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

• Actually, yes, I do believe so! XD

supersagig posted: »

Will be there any sex? XD

• Will be there any sex? XD

Just some extra details on the Mass Effect teaser. It's still in early development, but I've been working on it for a long time and have

• Yes, I believe so! XD

• If you have any specific questions on how it will work/play out, ask away, I'm always open to questions!

• XD

Yes, I believe so! XD

• To touch on the relationships, well.. that's where it gets complicated. It would take way too much time for the player to choose whether to play as a male or female. But I also didn't want to set the protagonist as a certain gender, limiting the player. I've decided that The story will be told in the same format as my "The Walking Dead", addressing the player as "you", and you can choose who to romance (no restrictions! Everyone's down if you are!).

XD

• UPDATE: I am currently working on a "Game Of Thrones" inspired series, for more information, check out the thread here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/87935/fate-of-fire-text-adventure-early-development?new=1

• UPDATE: As I just stated in my "Fate Of Fire" thread, I will be completing Episode 1, and then I will return and do Episode 3 of The Walking Dead. There is no set release window just yet, but with Christmas break coming up, I wil have plenty of time to work on Fate Of Fire, and I will hopefully get to release it in January, if I am lucky. Expect more news in February, and hopefully the episode will release sometime in March/April.

• edited December 2014

"The Walking Dead" Episode 1: Into The Woods: 4.57/5 Stars

"The Walking Dead" Episode 2: On The Horizon: 5/5 Stars

"Fate Of Fire" Episode 1: Courage Without Honor DEMO: 4.75/5 Stars

I could have never expected that others would enjoy my work so much. Thank you all! :)

• edited December 2014

Check out NukemDukem's Walkthrough of Episode 1.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aZtdpDY16Cg

• edited December 2014

/

• And here's the walk through of Episode 2!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AHxPtbq5I4Y

• I'm going to have a forum adventure on the side of my current work on "Fate Of Fire".

Check it out here: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/89557/borderlands-gun-for-hire-forum-adventure?new=1

• Wow, super proud of you right now. Your game is fantastic, and it's amazing NukemDukem is willing to play through it and record it for others to see. Well done, you've done a great job :D

• Thank you so much Harjit, that means a lot coming from such an excellent writer. I wish you all the luck and I hope you know that I'm still paying attention to your work as well! ;)

Wow, super proud of you right now. Your game is fantastic, and it's amazing NukemDukem is willing to play through it and record it for others to see. Well done, you've done a great job

• Thanks again, I think you'll be pleased to find a hidden gem on the official website right about now ;)

Thank you so much Harjit, that means a lot coming from such an excellent writer. I wish you all the luck and I hope you know that I'm still paying attention to your work as well!

• I just played it. Great writing as always! It wasn't much, but I enjoyed the teaser. I'm hungry for more! ;P

Thanks again, I think you'll be pleased to find a hidden gem on the official website right about now

• What happened to this?

To touch on the relationships, well.. that's where it gets complicated. It would take way too much time for the player to choose whether to

• Sadly, put on the shelf for now. I still have the file saved up on the website, so it's right there for when I want to get back to it. I started reading the Song Of Ice And Fire books, and I got super inspired to do Fate Of Fire. So once I'm done Walking Dead, I'll probably get back to it sometime this year :)

Sorry to all those waiting for this series :/

What happened to this?

• YAY!!!

Yes, I know. Teasing Episode 3 when it's still so far from even the planification process is mean. But I'll be honest, in some of my spare t

• Yes, I know. Teasing Episode 3 when it's still so far from even the planification process is mean. But I'll be honest, in some of my spare time, I do think ahead on my plans for it. So it is my pleasure to announce the official title for Episode 3.

"The Walking Dead: Episode 3: On The Road"

Though I'll keep details short (because A: Development is far away and B: When development does start, I need something to tease), I'm willing to share that it will take off seconds after the ending to Episode 2, and will literally have tons of ground to cover, running in with several new characters, and thrilling situations (one of them probably the largest so far).

Anyways, just thought I would do something to keep you guys informed. Talk to you later! ;)

• Thank you ;) There will be more to come.

I just played it. Great writing as always! It wasn't much, but I enjoyed the teaser. I'm hungry for more! ;P

• edited January 2015

Its Sunday, and you know what that means... UPDATES!

Today I will post some news for my work in general, as well as an interesting tease for Fate of Fire.

So I like to get ahead of myself once in a while, as you all may know, and today is of no exception. I'm posting my future development cycle for the next few years! Like Telltale Games, I will only ever work on two games at a time, and possibly one original short. So without any more delay, let's get on to what I have planned.

2015:

-The Walking Dead: 5 Episodes in total. First two are already done, and the planification for Episode 3 will commence once Part 1 of Fate Of Fire Book 1 is completed. No plan for Season 2.

-Fate Of Fire Book 1: 4 Parts in total. First part is in development right now, but all parts are done the planification stage. Will lead to following books in the future.

-Un-titled Halloween Short: The upcoming PS4 title Until Dawn inspired me to work on a slasher-styled game of my own. Sadly, I didn't have enough time to finish it before Halloween of 2014, so I'll see if I can do it in 2015. Only one part. Won't interfere with development of The Walking Dead or Fate Of Fire.

2016:

-The Walking Dead: If it isn't completed.

-Fate Of Fire Book 1: If it isn't completed.

-The Walking Dead Spin-Off: Will have nothing to do with the main series (as of right now, that is). Will only come out once the main series is completed. Might release in 2017 if I don't have it planned out. Similar to 400 Days. Might have multiple playable protagonists.

-Un-titled Mass Effect series: Will release when Fate Of Fire and The Walking Dead are done. Some of you might remember on me working on this in 2014, but it too got delayed for similar reasons to Borderlands getting delayed. Will be 3 parts in total. No plans for spin off.

-Un-titled Fargo-True Detective-Heavy Rain-Prisoners-Mix Series: That was a mouthful. Will release along Mass Effect similar to how Walking Dead and Fate Of Fire are releasing. Haven't planned much yet, just some cool ideas. Multiple protagonists.

2017:

-Un-titled Mass Effect series: Most likely conclude in 2017.

-Un-titled Fargo-True De-AH SCREW IT: Will continue through 2017 if not conclude.

-Fate Of Fire Book 2: Series will continue. Not much planned yet, just minor thoughts.

-Borderlands Gun For Hire: This is another series that got delayed. I'm currently working on it in the form of a forum adventure, but I plan to release it through my original I age of it being a text adventure. 5 Episodes in total. First 2 are planned out.

And that's all I got for now, hope you guys are excited for what's ahead! ;)

• Decided to make a poll on the future of The Walking Dead. I am not planning on starting it anytime soon, but I would consider making a trailer of sorts if enough were interested. It would just be an extended next-time trailer featuring a little Q/A at the end. It won't be like a demo or anything, just a fun teaser to get a sneak peek at what's ahead. VOTE HERE: http://www.strawpoll.me/3494473

• Damnnn Depressing. Please tell me that Sarah escapes somehow u.u

UPDATE: OMG, THE TEASER IS HERE! Try it out here: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/iqezz4gnce_avchqxax2pg/the-walking-dead-episode-3-on-the-road-teaser

• Sorry brother, but like I said, here eyes won't open again D;

Damnnn Depressing. Please tell me that Sarah escapes somehow u.u

• Even when the walkers attack her? Someone shot at her?

Sorry brother, but like I said, here eyes won't open again D;

• edited January 2015

deleted comment

Sign in to comment in this discussion.