Pre-orders, demo, and trailer are yours for the taking!

Heyyyyyyyy!

We've opened up pre-orders for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures! And what's more, if you pre-order, you'll get a 25% discount AND two free games (one Sam & Max episode, and one Strong Bad episode).

But wait, there's more! Check back Monday (that's March 16) for the playable demo, available exclusively from Yahoo! Games. Then come back AGAIN the following Tuesday to get the actual playable first episode! That's right, the game will be in the hands of you, the gamer, on March 24!

Oh wait, that's not enough? A weekend is too long to wait for more Wallace and Gromit you say? Well then, head on over to Yahoo! Games for an exclusive trailer!

Demo! The demo is now up! Grab it from the Grand Adventures page.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    WOOOO! Thank you telltalle. :)
  • edited March 2009
    AT LAST!! I can't wait!
  • edited March 2009
    XBLA games have to be released on Wenesdays... and the 24th is a tuesday...
  • edited March 2009
    Oh yeah! CrossOver time!
  • edited March 2009
    i think this looks good.
  • edited March 2009
    my mom thinks wallace & gromit is stupid.
  • edited March 2009
    Of course I've pre-order, why wouldn't I? Even better to get a 25% discount and two free games to give to mates to entice them into the world of Telltale. I'm not going to play the demo as I don't want to spoil it when I actually play the game for the first time on release, but it's interesting you guys are doing that. Guess you've got something going on with Yahoo!. Either way, really excited, and glad that we got so much information and to know that the game is just round the corner.
  • edited March 2009
    I loe the new voice actors work. He sounds like Sallas
  • edited March 2009
    FINALLY!! Nehehehhehehehheher! *farts, then explodes*
  • edited March 2009
    How do I re-gift the 2 free games? Since I've already bought sam & max s1/2 and sbcg4ap.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Write to support. We'd have to do it manually for you.
  • edited March 2009
    I'm not going to play the demo as I don't want to spoil it when I actually play the game for the first time on release, but it's interesting you guys are doing that. .
    Of course. I would never play a demo. It would spoil the surprise.
    :rolleyes: ...who am I kidding? I'm gonna be all over that thing.
  • edited March 2009
    I will be playing the demo since I'm not sure my laptop will be able to handle the game.
  • edited March 2009
    Cracking bit of pre-order cheese, you've got my money for sure.
  • edited March 2009
    I still can't get over how reasonable Telltale is with their licenses. 9 developers out of ten would say "so you've bought it already? Too bad for you."
  • edited March 2009
    Woo! I'm sure I've not pre-ordered anything that fast before.

Fortunately the game is coming out just after my mini-dissertation is due so that should get my undivided attention. But why did you reverse your policy on early release of demos just now? I'm a sucker for them, downloading the spore creature creator the night before one of my exams last year. If I fail to hand anything in on the riveting subject of Newton's Principia it's all your fault...
  • edited March 2009
    Dear Telltale,

I love you. You've got my money, as usual.

Hugs and kisses,

Your mate.
  • edited March 2009
    Will the demo be out before the 25% off promotion is up? I want to get my hands on those new controls before I order.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    As the website reveals, demo comes out Monday, promo ends a week after!
  • edited March 2009
    Ah, somehow missed the dates!

The slashed, pre-order price of the season is right about where I expected the price of this season to be, considering the smaller episode count. As long as I'm not boiling with righteous consumer fury after messing with the demo, I'll probably go for that.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Yay! Just in time for my birthday! :)

Now I have the perfect thing to get myself this year. :D
  • edited March 2009
    preordered the minute I saw the deal! Actually, I feel pretty bad, like I just ripped Telltale off, buying their games at $6.5 per episode...

But, wow, I was totally no expecting the release to be so soon!
  • edited March 2009
    Looks great, since I can't pay today because banks are closed here at weekends, Monday it is. I don't think I'll play the demo either considering it's just barely more than a week... well, maybe I'll try play around with the controls a bit to see which scheme is the best :D (the Xbox controller was supported, wasn't it?).

Also:
    XBLA games have to be released on Wenesdays... and the 24th is a tuesday...

It looks like the PC version will follow a different schedule from the XBLA one since it's not getting the first episode at least until May (unless they change their minds).
  • edited March 2009
    Not neccesarily. Last August's Weeks of arcade saw the surprise release of the Fable II Pub Games.
  • edited March 2009
    Yep, it's definitely possible since that would fix the schedule discrepancy, it's just that they've already announced that one the games of the promotion will be released unexpectedly. We'll see...
  • edited March 2009
    Out of curiosity, why only 4 games? I noticed the bundle full-price (or maybe there is no bundle) is the same as the past 5-game series bundles. Are these games longer, more intricate? Of course, don't get me wrong--I think your prices are extremely low for the value of the games anyway, and you'll have my money shortly regardless. It's just us with economics/marketing degrees always have to question when our math doesn't add up. Despite any skepticism, I too am really excited to play.
  • edited March 2009
    According to previews, yes, those episodes seem to be around 4-5 hours long each, so in total they should be about the same length than the other series.
  • edited March 2009
    All four games are coming out that same day?
  • edited March 2009
    no, one a month.
  • edited March 2009
    I see on the release dates that the first is coming this March, and then none til May. Why are you taking a break?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Episode 1 is technically the April game. We're releasing it a week early because we just couldn't wait. :D
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Episode 1 is technically the April game. We're releasing it a week early because we just couldn't wait. :D

Could you please comment if it is being released on the 25th for XBLA?
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Could you please comment if it is being released on the 25th for XBLA?

More details on Monday, Ribs :)
  • edited March 2009
    But... but... I want the info now!!!
  • IcyIcy
    edited March 2009
    matan wrote: »
    preordered the minute I saw the deal! Actually, I feel pretty bad, like I just ripped Telltale off, buying their games at $6.5 per episode...

But, wow, I was totally no expecting the release to be so soon!

Not the only one. :D Saw the offer, checked my balance and preordered. Cracking good deal, and I even get to try out Strong Bad, which I haven't checked out yet.
  • edited March 2009
    Wait. new news on Monday? Monday also happens to be the day they announce the first Days of Arcade Promotion (Family Game Night)... es muy suspicioso.
  • edited March 2009
    Great news about the demo. Loved the trailer. Does anyone think there be a calibration assistant at the beginning like with Sam and Max season 2?
    :)
  • edited March 2009
    Hopeflly it's the COPS again!
  • edited March 2009
    It has to be the week I leave the country for over a week as well. I'm going monday. D:

Great news though, I can't wait to play it.
  • edited March 2009
    Hopeflly it's the COPS again!

That would be weird but cool. Maybe Wallace invented the COPS?

That would be awesome. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.