Pre-orders, demo, and trailer are yours for the taking!

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Just pre-ordered!
  • edited March 2009
    It need not be the COPS, but we do need a way of changing the resolution before the game starts.
  • edited March 2009
    Chris1 wrote: »
    It need not be the COPS, but we do need a way of changing the resolution before the game starts.

Maybe Shaun the Sheep?
    :)
  • edited March 2009
    tabacco wrote: »
    That's right, the game will be in the hands of you, the gamer, on March 24!

Hey, that's my name-day! How nice of you :D
  • edited March 2009
    Why use the COPS when W&G have a wacky machine of their own :P?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Mackinder/cooker_arms_edited_2.png From "A Grand Day Out", the first short.

By the way, is the demo going to be the full game locked as usual?
  • edited March 2009
    I've never heard of/used yahoo games, do you need an account to get the demo?
  • edited March 2009
    David E wrote: »
    More details on Monday, Ribs :)

it's monday i want, nay demand news..... jokes about time differences are fun
  • edited March 2009
    You have my money Telltale. Now the wait continues. I've been waiting since the announcement.

I'm not even looking at the trailer since the game is coming on the 24th. I don't want to spoil anything.
  • edited March 2009
    Of course. I would never play a demo. It would spoil the surprise.
    :rolleyes: ...who am I kidding? I'm gonna be all over that thing.

I'll be playing the demo, because I am not a Wallace & Gromit fan (heck, I only saw that one movie, wererabbit) so I got to make sure I like the game first, before I purchase it later. Looked good from the trailer.
  • This is the best piece of news ever (almost as good as when MI5 or S&M S3 will be out) :)

Just preordred and wish TT the best sales ever.....it sort of helps the motivation for getting more games....WE NEED MORE GAMES....ARRRGH :eek:

8 days to joy and happiness!
  • edited March 2009
    It's Monday...(whistles while looking around, patiently waiting for the release of the demo)
  • edited March 2009
    It's Monday...(whistles while looking around, patiently waiting for the release of the demo)

same. same. spamidy spam while we wait?
  • edited March 2009
    Dang I'm not going to be able to snag the discount (short on cash til next Friday). Still for this game I'll more than gladly pay full price! Now to get me that demo!!! :)
  • OMAOMA
    edited March 2009
    If you can buy it on Friday or during the weekend, you can still get the discount (until next monday).
  • edited March 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Write to support. We'd have to do it manually for you.

If we purchase through Steam is there a way of doing this as well? (I'm guessing no, but I figured I'd ask since I already have the full seasons of Sam & Max and Strong Bad.)
  • edited March 2009
    The tutorial in demo is pretty much the definition of condescending, there needs to be an option to skip it.
  • edited March 2009
    So will every episode have its own demo... or is this the demo for the entire season?
  • edited March 2009
    azza29 wrote: »
    The tutorial in demo is pretty much the definition of condescending, there needs to be an option to skip it.

There is in the full game.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Cantatus wrote: »
    If we purchase through Steam is there a way of doing this as well? (I'm guessing no, but I figured I'd ask since I already have the full seasons of Sam & Max and Strong Bad.)

You'd have to ask Steam if they can do this for you or not.
  • edited March 2009
    Hi there. Decided to take up the pre-order offer.

But I read in the support forum a message that was posted a year ago that stated if you pay via Paypal and don't have all the funds in your account, you have to enter your credit card information. Does this still apply?

Thanks again for a great demo!
  • edited March 2009
    Other than a few gripes with the new control scheme, the actual feel of the game and gameplay was perfect! The choreography of the vehicle scene was beyond fantastic... if that scene is any indication of gameplay sequences to come, this is going to be one excellent season. Voice acting was also great. My only disappointment (other than the controls) is that the season is only 4 episodes long... I am sure I will be hankering for another episode after I finish the fourth!

Looking forward to playing the game, and thank you for releasing the demo in advance of the full game.
  • edited March 2009
    Hey. Does anyone know wether or not there is a demo for the XBLA version up.
  • edited March 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    There isn't. And if I understand XBLA games correctly, there won't be a demo on the 360 until the game comes out.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »

Not yet; more on that later!
  • edited March 2009
    David E wrote: »
    Not yet; more on that later!

How later? This week or next week? Or worse?

I'm hoping I will spark a comment saying "Now"
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    As David said, later! Soon...ish? We haven't got XBLA dates to announce right now, or we would have announced them already :) We generally like announcing things and do as quickly as we can, so when there's nothing to say we tend to not say it, if that makes sense?
  • edited March 2009
    MS better release it next week. I'm mad at major nelson. I'll send hims some angry tweets.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Let's be smart, rational adults.
  • edited March 2009
    Jake wrote: »

Oh now you know that your fan-base isn't comprised of such creatures.

Pre-ordered the game! Not to jump to any conclusions, but I think this will be an excellent addition to the TTG library.
  • edited March 2009
    And here I thought Telltale was web-savvy.
  • edited March 2009

You are suggesting your existing fans are smart, rational adults? Have you seen the kind of games you release?
  • edited March 2009
    While the deal is tempting, I'm probably just going to buy the first episode, and then an upgrade whenever episode 2 is coming out, if that's being offered this time.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    While the deal is tempting, I'm probably just going to buy the first episode, and then an upgrade whenever episode 2 is coming out, if that's being offered this time.

... :o
  • edited March 2009
    You're not offering individual episodes this time around, are you?
  • edited March 2009

What? That would be madness! I think that was implying it wasn't a wise choice.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009

That's correct. On PC, the purchase option is to buy the full season for $34.95. (Or $26, if you buy it by Monday!)

On Xbox, the episodes will be available individually.
  • edited March 2009
    Well I did preorder but still I felt a bit "cheated" (not the correct term) about the sam&max and strong bad episodes, as I'd already bought and played all of them. So it goes down to the cheapened price (happy about that) but only that. Oh well, can't win em all.. :) (I guess I'll go and stare my sam&max statue now)

EDIT: Excellent customer service. Indeed, I can gift them to my friends so I'm very happy with this solution. Thanks Emily and all :) .
  • edited March 2009
    XMunkki wrote: »
    Well I did preorder but still I felt a bit "cheated" (not the correct term) about the sam&max and strong bad episodes, as I'd already bought and played all of them. So it goes down to the cheapened price (happy about that) but only that. Oh well, can't win em all.. :) (I guess I'll go and stare my sam&max statue now)

Emily mentioned elsewhere that in such case, you should contact the support and they'll cook up some solution.
  • edited March 2009
    Emily mentioned elsewhere that in such case, you should contact the support and they'll cook up some solution.

I think that was to gift the games to another person that didn't have the pleasure of having those games already.
  • edited March 2009
    Um... I've already got Ice Station Santa. Is there any way I can get a different episode with the preorder offer?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.