Pre-orders, demo, and trailer are yours for the taking!

13»

Comments

• edited March 2009
    No, but as stated above and in other threads... email support@ and they can turn it into a gift that you can send to a friend. You do have friends, right? :p
  • edited March 2009
    I don't. Do I win anything?
  • edited March 2009
    I wish Telltale would vary up their free promotions. At least ggive us bone, or something...
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    I wish Telltale would vary up their free promotions. At least ggive us bone, or something...

I don't represent the marketing team, but I think the reason we give out those episodes are because we're trying to give people who haven't played our other games a chance to try them out. And that one episode will hopefully just wet their appetite and leave them wanting more. I don't think we're trying to give away whole seasons for free.

Also... I don't think its aimed at people who already own our whole collection :)

Also also.... its a free game... how can anyone complain?
  • edited March 2009
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Also also.... its a free game... how can anyone complain?
    Do you really have to ask in this day and age? :D
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah, the promotion isn't for me, or for us. Actually giving people who pre-order a discount as a policy is nice though, it makes people that own the episodes feel less "gipped" when a free episode is released later down the line, even when such an action isn't really necessary.

I'm kind of surprised that they keep giving them away for so many things, really. It's getting kinda silly, and almost makes me wonder why they don't just drop it Abe Lincoln style. But I'm not the marketing department, and I'm no marketing guy.

Really, Telltale's job isn't to give me games for free. And I'm fine with that.
  • edited March 2009
    Well, I do not own the complete Telltale collection. :cool:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, the promotion isn't for me, or for us. Actually giving people who pre-order a discount as a policy is nice though, it makes people that own the episodes feel less "gipped" when a free episode is released later down the line, even when such an action isn't really necessary.

I'm kind of surprised that they keep giving them away for so many things, really. It's getting kinda silly, and almost makes me wonder why they don't just drop it Abe Lincoln style. But I'm not the marketing department, and I'm no marketing guy.

Really, Telltale's job isn't to give me games for free. And I'm fine with that.

If we make a something free then it's just always free! When there's a chance that something might be free, people might pay more attention. Who knows? We have 18 episodes altogether, and that will be up to 22 at the end of W&G, which is a decently formidable catalog at this point, so we have enough content amassed now that we can throw some of it around for promotional purposes without freaking ourselves out.

Also, since SB and Sam & Max episodes are still normally of monetary value, it means that once you get the free one as part of a promotion, it's a valid ticket to upgrade. You can't do that with Lincoln Must Die!

None of that is rocket science or anything, it's just a thing we do. I'm glad that I work at a place that seems to be so into constant giveaways and freebies and things like that.
  • edited March 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    When there's a chance that something might be free, people might pay more attention.

Definitely. I played the demo of the first Strong Bad episode, and I abandoned it pretty soon, style mismatch. But now that I got the 4th one as part of the W&G package, it keeps nagging me that I should try it once again :)
  • edited March 2009
    Hot dog! We got a demo already?

Downloading now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.