Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• My Warden and Hawke were both human male warriors. I think I'll be a male Qunari for Inquistion, but I'll still be a warrior because I love swinging huge swords around.

Pipas posted: »

I'll be probably playing as qunari male Tank Warrior, can't wait to see people's reaction on Qunari leading the Inquisition, lol. My previou

• I'm thinking about making a homosexual male elf mage in mine. I think it's just because I like to experiment with my storylines and characters. The Grey Warden from Origins is my own interpretation of myself, Where as my Hawke is a female rouge who feels sympathy for the mages and falls for anders.

I'm not gay myself, but I like to make my character different, instead of just being strong burley men with loads of space girls to have (Looking at you Commander Shepard)

• I've never played gay character myself, but now I'm seriously considering creating one in Inquisition. Because Iron Bull. And Dorian's moustache.

I'm thinking about making a homosexual male elf mage in mine. I think it's just because I like to experiment with my storylines and characte

• I'm not gay myself, but I like to make my character different, instead of just being strong burley men with loads of space girls to have (Looking at you Commander Shepard)

I'm not gay, either, but that didn't stop me from experimenting with different characters and romances in previous games. Except for DA 2, where everyone was made bisexual for any player's convenience, but that actually bugged me quite a lot.

I'm thinking about making a homosexual male elf mage in mine. I think it's just because I like to experiment with my storylines and characte

• Question time!

Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age: Origins?

Vote HERE.

• Voted for Loghain. I like all of the companions, but Loghain stands out for me for some reason.

Question time! Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age: Origins? Vote HERE.

• I voted for Wynne, I depended on her healing for basically the entire game.

Question time! Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age: Origins? Vote HERE.

• Oghren. He was perfect comedic relief.

• I really like Loghain too. He's not my completely favourite companion, but he's definitely in my top 3. It's a shame that most people killed him. :-( But if he's alive, last time we've seen him, he was going to Orlais, I think. And Inquisition will mainly take place there, so there's a possibility that he could appear in DA:I! :D

Lingvort posted: »

Voted for Loghain. I like all of the companions, but Loghain stands out for me for some reason.

• Leliana. :3

• Well there was Prince Sebastian , but he was just after a abstinent relationship with a girl and he was DLC.as well.

I'm not gay myself, but I like to make my character different, instead of just being strong burley men with loads of space girls to have (Lo

• Alistair, full stop. The guy was hilarious, and by the end he and I were best friends. I took him with me on every mission from Ostagar to Denerim and made him the King, even.

The downside is that I find Loghain to be an extremely interesting companion as well, so whenever I get to the Landsmeet it's an extremely sadistic choice for me.

• You couldn't have a proper (read "non-celibate") relationship with him, so he doesn't count.

Well there was Prince Sebastian , but he was just after a abstinent relationship with a girl and he was DLC.as well.

• I believe Loghain is misunderstood. Yeah he's a dick and he makes severe judgement calls that nearly put all of Ferelden into civil war, but he saved Ferelden from the Olasian war. Maybe he let his distrust of Olai get in the way of his judgement in the Blight but he did have the best of intentions.

Voted for Loghain. I like all of the companions, but Loghain stands out for me for some reason.

• *Orlais.

Well, in my opinion, Loghain was never a villain. He was an antagonist, yeah, but more of an anti-hero than a villain. His intentions were good, but his actions over time became questionable or even unforgivable. I like to keep him alive, especially if I'm playing as male Human Noble Warden who marries Anora by the end of the game. There's no funnier thing to do than to make your former adversary your father-in-law.

I believe Loghain is misunderstood. Yeah he's a dick and he makes severe judgement calls that nearly put all of Ferelden into civil war, but

• That what I was pointing out.

You couldn't have a proper (read "non-celibate") relationship with him, so he doesn't count.

• Lol it reminds me of that horrible movie, Mother in Law.

I can just imagine a movie where Loghain is trying to kill the warden during the wait for the marriage.

*Orlais. Well, in my opinion, Loghain was never a villain. He was an antagonist, yeah, but more of an anti-hero than a villain. His inten

• That is what I was agreeing with.

That what I was pointing out.

• BURN THE HERETIC!

Daffodil posted: »

I hope Inquisition won't be screwed just like Mass Effect 3. I love Dragon Age, especially the second one.

• Heh, I love that everyone except for Zevran and Sten have exactly 1 vote. :D

• Probably, I really like the Qunari. The pseudo-Islamic thing they've got going on is cool and unique. I might play a Qunari, either Warrior or Rogue (never been a fan of magic in DA).

Sten was a dick though, so my Warden had to whoop his ass.

So, anyone else planning on a Qunari Inquisitor? I've wanted to play one since Origins, and DA2 only made me want to more with the aesthetic

• Zevran.

He's good for comic relief while also managing to be a surprisingly deep, well-developed character. It's hilarious when he keeps trying to flirt with Wynne. :D

Alistair is a very close second though. Wynne is probably third.

• You should do a poll for DA 2! :)

Can't wait for Inquisition, I'm more excited about seeing my Hawke and her companions return for even a brief cameo more than anything! And maybe being able to play as a Qunari. ;)

• Sten was actually one of my favourite companions in Dragon Age. He may be a dick, but he actually has some really insightful comments if you dig into his conversations and bring him along now and again, along with being the master of subtle snark. And earning his respect was one of the more rewarding arcs in the game.

His epilogue if you had his approval and died killing the Archdemon...feels.

• “Sten bowed once before the Warden's remains and then left without a word, returning to his homeland. His honor had been restored, and when fellow qunari asked if there were worthy people outside Par Vollen, Sten would answer that in all his travels he had only met a single one.”*
    BigBlindMax posted: »

Probably, I really like the Qunari. The pseudo-Islamic thing they've got going on is cool and unique. I might play a Qunari, either Warrior or Rogue (never been a fan of magic in DA). Sten was a dick though, so my Warden had to whoop his ass.

• Yep, I'll do it later for DA 2. :-)

And I can't wait to see Hawke as well - especially his/her interaction with Varric and Cassandra. :-D

You should do a poll for DA 2! Can't wait for Inquisition, I'm more excited about seeing my Hawke and her companions return for even a brief cameo more than anything! And maybe being able to play as a Qunari.

• Varric especially. XD

Yep, I'll do it later for DA 2. :-) And I can't wait to see Hawke as well - especially his/her interaction with Varric and Cassandra. :-D

• I expect an epic bromance reunion to end all bromance reunions. Something like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcIjFeWE4fE

Varric: Hawke! You son of a bitch!

Varric especially. XD

• Dog. He remains at 100% approval no matter what you do and he owns in battle if you set him up as an agressive scrapper.

• Is it lame if I think early digital synthesis music still sounds good.

I expect an epic bromance reunion to end all bromance reunions. Something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcIjFeWE4fE Varric: Hawke! You son of a bitch!

• Sten has no votes in the poll? Sten is sad now.

Alt text

• Well, Sten is one of my favourite companions, but the poll would only let me choose once.

Sten has no votes in the poll? Sten is sad now.

• Hm, do you think I should let people choose more options in next polls?

Well, Sten is one of my favourite companions, but the poll would only let me choose once.

• Well, I think you should. I mean, I like Loghain as a character a lot, and as a companion, too. But, given the chance I would've chosen a couple more.

Hm, do you think I should let people choose more options in next polls?

• Theoden(dog).

• Question time!

Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age 2? Vote HERE.

Also I remade previous poll so you can vote for more than one character. So, once again...

Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age: Origins? Vote HERE.

• Voted for Varric in DA2. Wasn't much of a fan of Isabella, and the rest of the companions sound too whiny and oppressed for my liking.

For DA:O I chose Loghain, Sten, Alistair and Oghren.

Question time! Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age 2? Vote HERE. Also I remade previous poll so you can vote for more than one character. So, once again... Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age: Origins? Vote HERE.

• edited September 2014

For DA2, Varric of course. Him and sarcastic Hawke are perhaps the greatest bromance of all time, of all time.

I just love it how he acts like he's some sleazy businessman, but in reality he's the most loyal friend one can hope for - how he subtly pays off thugs to stay away from Merrill without her knowing, keeps guards away from Fenris' house, keeps Templars off Anders' trail (probably to his regret however) etc, and is the only companion in DA2 that sticks up for you no matter what. A true bro.

Also, he probably has the most reasonable opinion on mages and templars I've heard so far.

"It's a bunch of humans in skirts. I get them mixed up."

"Opinions are like testicles. Hit them hard enough, it doesn't matter how many you've got."

For DA:O, voted Leliana again. Perfect bundle of playful, cunning, mysterious and caring all bundled up in dat accent. Hmm.

Question time! Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age 2? Vote HERE. Also I remade previous poll so you can vote for more than one character. So, once again... Who's your favourite companion in Dragon Age: Origins? Vote HERE.

• I love Varric, but another one of my favourites was Aveline. I thought she was a wonderfully written character and her voice actress was perfect, the phrase "Shut up whore", was officialy added to my vocabulary after playing that game.

• Hey guys, have you seen this?

Keep

The Keep has been finally revealed for people who didn't get into beta. And boy, does it look good. I wonder what choices will be there, so far it looks pretty detailed.

For those who don't know, Dragon Age Keep is an application which allows players to recreate their decisions made in previous Dragon Age games and import them into Inquisition. So far it's only closed beta, but it should be available for public approximately a month before the release date of Inquisition.

So, what do you think?

• I think it's decent. They haven't shown every decision you can choose yet, but I think that it's just because of its beta stage, and upon release it will be complete.

That is, until someone screws up. cough EA cough.

Hey guys, have you seen this? Keep The Keep has been finally revealed for people who didn't get into beta. And boy, does it look good.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.