Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Question time!

What do you think about certainly the most mysterious companion of Inquisition - Cole?

Alt text

Appearently, he appeared in Dragon Age: Asunder. Have somebody read it? From what I read on wiki, he's some kind of a spirit/ghost/demon/whatever. So, can somebody who read it explain what is Cole? :D

More on Cole.

• edited September 2014

I read it.

We don't really know exactly what he is, but what appears to have happened is the Templars threw a boy named Cole in the dungeon and forgot about him, and when he was terrified and on the verge of death a spirit or demon came to him and offered to save him by joining with him, which probably wiped away any memory of who he actually was before that. Speculation abound, but some people think it was either a despair demon or a spirit of hope. But then he was basically doomed to an existence where few people can actually see him, and those who can seem to forget about him soon after. I'm guessing that was fixed at the end of the book.

There's also the theory that he's just a demon or spirit that found its way into the world and forgot who or what he is. Or that this 'Cole' kid did exist and the demon/spirit completely took over his body and is going crazy. We know he physically exists, however, he breathes, sleeps, sweats etc. like anyone else...which makes the theory where he's solely a spirit unlikely to me.

Should be interesting.

Pipas posted: »

Question time! What do you think about certainly the most mysterious companion of Inquisition - Cole? Appearently, he appeared in

• My favorite companion in DA 1, would have to be Lilliana.
    For DA2, it would have to be Isabella, and Varric.

• lol ikr, have they mentioned cost yet? Maybe the application is free then you have to pay $.4.99 for each choice you want to use.

Lingvort posted: »

I think it's decent. They haven't shown every decision you can choose yet, but I think that it's just because of its beta stage, and upon release it will be complete. That is, until someone screws up. cough EA cough.

• Nah, it'll be free. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you had to pay something for extra choices, lol.

Brownsa posted: »

lol ikr, have they mentioned cost yet? Maybe the application is free then you have to pay $.4.99 for each choice you want to use.

• Haven't read "Asunder", but, from what I can gather from Dragon Age Wiki, he seems pretty shady to me. I might take a look at him, but I'll try and be wary.

Question time! What do you think about certainly the most mysterious companion of Inquisition - Cole? Appearently, he appeared in

• Well, they might just do that, knowing EA.

In that case... well, there are always torrents.

lol ikr, have they mentioned cost yet? Maybe the application is free then you have to pay $.4.99 for each choice you want to use.

• I read it as well, but I'm heading out the door to go fishing so I'll check back later.

• Sounds pretty interesting, can't wait to meet him! :D

I read it. We don't really know exactly what he is, but what appears to have happened is the Templars threw a boy named Cole in the dunge

• Question time!

There are many choices and decisions you need to make in Dragon Age series. One of the most important is who's the King/Queen of Ferelden.

So I ask you, who rules Ferelden in your world state? And who do you think is better choice?

Vote HERE.

Alt text

• edited September 2014

That really depends. I'm gonna experiment with it, but my first world state will most likely have "Alistair marries the Warden".

EDIT: And, for the second part, the best choice is either the hardened Alistair & Anora or the Warden & Anora/Alistair. Sole monarchs don't hold much appeal to me, although sole Anora is better than an unhardened Alistair, that's for sure.

Question time! There are many choices and decisions you need to make in Dragon Age series. One of the most important is who's the King/Qu

• Latest news about DA:I:

• First part of interview with Cameron Lee about Skyhold AKA Inquisitors base has been released. Read HERE. We should expect another part coming next week.

Alt text

• Few abilities for mages, 2-handed swords and daggers have been revealed. Some of them are well known from previous games, but there are few new ones.

Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

• I'm not sure what to think about them using DA2-styled icons.

Latest news about DA:I: * First part of interview with Cameron Lee about Skyhold AKA Inquisitors base has been released. Read HERE. We

• edited September 2014

For fellow elf-ey fans, they finally showed some potential elven Inquisitors. The character creator appears to be much improved, and the weird alien-looking elf design of DA2 appears to be completely gone, thankfully.

Alt text

Alt text

Liking dem freckle options.

• Sten is aso Happy, Lonely, Bored, Furious, Amused, Confused, Regretful, Skeptical, Proud, and Sarcastic.

I think he'll be fine. ;)

Sten has no votes in the poll? Sten is sad now.

• I love how Isabella (or someone else) describes Aveline, a woman shaped battering ram. XD I loved Aveline, she was my fav female companion.

I love Varric, but another one of my favourites was Aveline. I thought she was a wonderfully written character and her voice actress was perfect, the phrase "Shut up whore", was officialy added to my vocabulary after playing that game.

• Wow, these are incredible! I can't wait to see how our previous elf companions are gonna look.

For fellow elf-ey fans, they finally showed some potential elven Inquisitors. The character creator appears to be much improved, and the wei

• Hey @Pipas, you should make a poll for which species you're planning on making your Inquisitor! :)

• edited September 2014

so what did everyone play in Origins? What are you putting into the Keep to import to DA:I?

My main warden is a dwarf noble warrior. Dwarves for the win.

character show off if you got em, I like seeing everyones characters. :)

Alt text

yeh, I use a lotta mods. Gotta look good.

• I played as a human mage, I'm fucking basic aren't i?

thatguy787 posted: »

so what did everyone play in Origins? What are you putting into the Keep to import to DA:I? My main warden is a dwarf noble warrior. Dwar

• It was already confirmed that Zevran isn't appearing apparently, but yeah, seeing Merrill and Fenris again with the redesign would be pretty interesting.

So would redesigning an elven Warden, if it comes to that. :3

Wow, these are incredible! I can't wait to see how our previous elf companions are gonna look.

• edited September 2014

Female Dalish Rogue was my preference.

I too tend to use many mods. Warden-Commander armour ftw.

Alt text

Also, your dwarf looks awesome, heh.

so what did everyone play in Origins? What are you putting into the Keep to import to DA:I? My main warden is a dwarf noble warrior. Dwar

• I can't wait to see my Hawke and Fenris. Yes... I'm a total fangirl for Fenris. XD

That's weird about Zevran though, I really liked his character.

It was already confirmed that Zevran isn't appearing apparently, but yeah, seeing Merrill and Fenris again with the redesign would be pretty interesting. So would redesigning an elven Warden, if it comes to that.

• She's beautiful! I tried playing DA:O on my laptop, and it made my laptop crash.... :/

Female Dalish Rogue was my preference. I too tend to use many mods. Warden-Commander armour ftw. Also, your dwarf looks awesome, heh.

• Shame, because in DA:O's case the combat was a lot better on PC, and there are a few mods I couldn't live without.

Like the one that makes dog a permanent 'extra' companion rather than a full one, so you'll always have your dog but you'll still have 3 other companions.

She's beautiful! I tried playing DA:O on my laptop, and it made my laptop crash....

• Yeh, the Isabella and Aveline banter was great too, I think Isabella calls her a "frigid bear sow" at one stage hilarious!

I love how Isabella (or someone else) describes Aveline, a woman shaped battering ram. XD I loved Aveline, she was my fav female companion.

• Well, one of the voices for male Inquisitor will be Zevran's VA, so maybe that's why they won't include him. :D

I can't wait to see my Hawke and Fenris. Yes... I'm a total fangirl for Fenris. XD That's weird about Zevran though, I really liked his character.

• Yeah, that's a great mod, but I think it was bugging this QUEST, which is a shame because it's one of the best quests in DA:O. Oghren and Sten combo is hilarious! But maybe they already fixed it, dunno. Haven't played DA:O in a long time. :P

Shame, because in DA:O's case the combat was a lot better on PC, and there are a few mods I couldn't live without. Like the one that make

• Good idea, making it now! :)

Hey @Pipas, you should make a poll for which species you're planning on making your Inquisitor!

• Question time!

In Dragon Age: Inquisition Bioware will let us choose what race we'll be playing as again like in DA:O (plus they added Qunari).

So, my question is... What race will you be playing as first in Dragon Age: Inquisition?

Vote HERE.

Alt text

Thanks @SupernovaeHollay for suggestion! :)

• Hawt!!, That's what I loved about Origins it was a great game before the mods, but the mods made it 'my' game. I so wanna show you my warden too. Not because she was a hottie like yours, but I actually created the fugliest warden I could come up with just for entertainment value.

Female Dalish Rogue was my preference. I too tend to use many mods. Warden-Commander armour ftw. Also, your dwarf looks awesome, heh.

• edited September 2014

Hmm...don't think it ever caused any bugs with me.

And I'm partial to the famous Broma Brothers myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XOqQU0RQ8Y

"You don't look like brothers..."

"How could you say that? Do your eyes fail you? Look at us...we are twins! Not identical of course, but twins nonetheless."

"I'm the pretty one."

elf/dwarf banter ftw

Yeah, that's a great mod, but I think it was bugging this QUEST, which is a shame because it's one of the best quests in DA:O. Oghren and Sten combo is hilarious! But maybe they already fixed it, dunno. Haven't played DA:O in a long time. :P

• Do it, I'm curious now. :P

Hawt!!, That's what I loved about Origins it was a great game before the mods, but the mods made it 'my' game. I so wanna show you my warden

• edited September 2014

Qunari.

Something about a seven-foot oxlady cleaving mooks in half with a greatsword appeals to me.

Question time! In Dragon Age: Inquisition Bioware will let us choose what race we'll be playing as again like in DA:O (plus they added Qu

• This is my canon Warden - elven mage. I think hair are modded, don't remember now. :P

Alt text

Would post Hawke too but I'm too lazy to go into the game right now. :D

• Yeah, that one is great too. :D That quest is epic.

Hmm...don't think it ever caused any bugs with me. And I'm partial to the famous Broma Brothers myself. https://www.youtube.com/watch?

• That's... really a tricky question. All of those are appealing to me, so it's hard for me to choose. I might go with Kossith, just for the hell of it, but I do hope I can play my Kossith Inquisitor as a stoic, disciplined and pragmatic character, as the true Qunari are.

Question time! In Dragon Age: Inquisition Bioware will let us choose what race we'll be playing as again like in DA:O (plus they added Qu

• I love his voice actor! He's supposed to be voicing the main character in The Evil Within too.

I remember in Mass Effect the voice of Male Shepard also voiced a bunch of the Vorcha aliens, it's kinda funny. So I wouldn't see that being a problem, but maybe that is the reason.

Well, one of the voices for male Inquisitor will be Zevran's VA, so maybe that's why they won't include him.

• Heh, I plan on the complete opposite. I'm planning on the snarky, picturesque sellsword type, one who's everything one would think a Qunari isn't.

We're Vashoth after all. Never were part of the Qun.

Lingvort posted: »

That's... really a tricky question. All of those are appealing to me, so it's hard for me to choose. I might go with Kossith, just for the h

Sign in to comment in this discussion.