Pet Sematary: An Interactive Horror Event [COMPLETE]

Comments

• [Lock the door] - Holy shit this is scary!

Amazing! Just amazing!

[I'm fine.] "No...nothing's wrong. I'm fine. I need...I need to get out... Ivan kept his calm, or really, gained it back. He knew however

• [Lock the door]

I really shouldn't read these in the middle of the night. Great job man, now I'm scared :D

[I'm fine.] "No...nothing's wrong. I'm fine. I need...I need to get out... Ivan kept his calm, or really, gained it back. He knew however

• OPEN THE DOOR. OPEN THE DOOR.

Lol, as I read this, the woman in black trailer came on......

• [Lock the door]

• Open the door, I'm sure there's someone's dead body hanging in.

• [Open the door]

• Damn, and so the coin returns.

[Lock the door] was the choice that was chosen.

I feel like Two-Face at this point.

• [Lock the door.]

Ivan had his hand on the knob at this point, ready, about to open the door with a flick of his wrist. But...something had stopped him. He didn't know what it was, but something had certainly stopped him. Perhaps it was a shifting paranoia, a bit of phlegm traveling down his throat, or maybe perhaps it was plain common sense finally kicking in. No matter what, he reached for the door and locked it tight. He couldn't celebrate just yet. The thumping had suddenly stopped a few seconds before Ivan had locked the door, and he imagined a dark hand reaching over to the knob and turning the handle desperately, attempting to get in before simply giving up and storming out of the house comically. Ivan did not grin or even smirk at this, as he was waiting for what the thing that was coming for him was going to do.

The door handle suddenly began jumbling around, and Ivan closed his eyes, no longer intent on watching the thing try to get inside his room. What was it wanting, anyways? Could it perhaps be a mobster, like Brendon said, to stick a pillow over him and suffocate him in his sleep? Or maybe it was a monster, here to rip out Ivan's guts and then hang his body up on the ceiling? Or maybe it was Barney the fucking dinosaur, here to give a valuable lesson in friendship and how to get your insane and paranoid thought under control.

The door handle stopped shaking, and this time Ivan did grin. Can't get me, can't get me. I'm too fast, I'm too smart, no sir you can't get me. Ivan soon realized that all he had done was locked the door, not craft a Home Alone style trapped house. But still, he felt pretty damn cool. What a story to tell!

Hey guys, y'now, just the other day some guy came and invaded our home, but all I did was flick my wrist and he ran away scared!

Ivan began to walk back to his bed, satisfied that the figure had already left. But Ivan stopped dead in his tracks, as a sound pierced through his eardrums.

The sound of a lock turning.

He spun around quickly, looked as the keyhole slowly, ever so slowly, twisted and turned about. He felt as if he were going to throw up the fresh new bile that rested in his throat. But all he could do was let out an exasperated and weak whimper. Ivan stared at the door, as the knob suddenly twisted open, and the door slowly creaked open. He looked in the hallway, shaking and shivering, waiting for his impending doom to come.

Except it didn't.

In fact, nothing was out there, not a thing at all. Somehow, this scared Ivan even more. He wanted to cry out, to just scream to even vomit, but he could do nothing but stare into the darkness. He was a deer in headlights, a raccoon hearing a banging trash can, he was an armadillo that had just jumped headfirst into a truck. Watership Down had always called it tharn. And if he was anything right now, he was tharn.

Ivan turned around, closing the door and heading back to his bed. There was something on his bed, unfortunately. It was hiding underneath the covers, a huge man-sized lump just there. As he approached it, the lump slowly faded down and turned into a normal sheet. Relieved, Ivan climbed into the bed. Yes, he was just paranoid. That was the answer to all of his problems. Paranoid, stressed and tired. That was it. Ivan closed his eyes, and slowly felt himself drift off to sleep.

Ivan was awakened to the sound of something shuffling around in his bedroom. Shit. Shit. It was in their. Slithering around like a snake, scratching all over the floor and then finally, reaching up to Ivan's bed and pulling him under the bed, where he'd never be seen again. Ivan made no sound, not even release a breath from his mouth. He did not dare close his eyes either, lest he go to sleep again. No, he wanted to see what this thing was. He needed to.

Ivan shivered in his bed, when he saw the shadow of a figure rising over his bed. A large, gray hand placed itself on the foot of his bed, pulling itself up. It was inhumane almost, twisting around and contorting to pull itself up. The figure was now above his bed, not really a person but more of a darkness in the shape of a person. The silhouette dropped it's head down quickly, causing it to appear to fall off of the figure's body. But it stayed attached, and Ivan could see it through the darkness.

It was Hope Cole.

Hope...no, IT, twisted it's head around, back and forth, still keeping the crooked smile, before letting out a belching croak. It stood up from Ivan's bed, then began walking for the door. Strangely, Ivan felt compelled to follow after him. He stood up by his own accord, following after the creature that had woven it's way into Hope's body. The door opened, and the thing began to...to float...yes, it was definitely floating...down the stairs. Ivan looked drowsily at it, and then started heading down after it.

It was oddly surreal the whole ordeal, as if it were a dream.

That's it, I'm dreaming.

That was it. He was dreaming, and this was just an effect from the whole day. He would have smiled if he could, but by then he was already at the door and heading outside after Hope Cole.

Follow the yellow brick road, right Ivan?

They walked for miles, until finally Hope Cole stood in front of a pathway.

The pathway to the dreaded pet "sematary."

Ivan continued on, walking through the pathway. Hope had already faded away, but Ivan knew what he had to do. While he was walking along the pathway, a branch struck his face, leaving a nasty gash. He ignored it, continuing on through the pathway.

He finally reached it, the crudely drawn sign just up above, and the many child-scrawled graves surrounding. There was Hope Cole, standing there with that grin on his face. Ivan's knees gave out suddenly, as he fell in front of a grave. He looked up, rubbing bits of dirt from his face. Above him was SMUCKY, likely being OBEDIANT six feet underground. Ivan looked at Hope and Hope was once again, walking in that, unnatural way towards him again. "Don't go beyond Ivan. Don't go beyond." He spoke, as blackness surrounded the area.

Ivan awoke with a start, looked at the foot of his bed and then towards the door. The door was still closed, unlocked, and the window was open, letting in sunlight. He smiled. He had been dreaming. Ivan quickly got up and opened his door. It was 5:00 in the morning, and judging by this, nobody else was likely up. He walked into the bathroom to get himself ready for school. It was insane, the prospect of still heading to college even after the things he had gone through. But if there was one place he didn't want to be, it was this house.

He walked inside the bathroom, and looked up in the mirror, and instantly he gasped.

On his cheek was a bright red scar.

Scott Leland was at home, humming to himself as he washed a dish that was in the sink. He was whistling Camptown Blues sing that song, doo-dah, doo-dah.

All the doo-dah day.

He continued happily (and drunkily) whistling the song, as suddenly the creaking of his front door opening stopped him. He turned his head and peered into the living room, seeing nothing. The front door was now closed, but he knew for fact that something was in there with him. He clumsily grappled to his pistol and held it up in fear. "Who are you?!" He called out, and a light snickering echoed through the halls. "Remember when you killed Chris?"

Doo-dah. Doo-dah.

He could tell Chris Knapp was in his house, about to kill him. Scott shivered, moving into the living room in a frantic search for the man. The creature, more like it.

Doo-dah. Doo-dah.

He gripped the trigger on the 42. Pistol, and pointed it towards the next room. His own bedroom. He rushed in, and saw nothing. He went back into the hallway, headed for the kitchen.

"I've got a new guy...Ivan Leighton...he doesn't drink...he has a family...and he's smart. You've become obsolete."

Doo-dah. Doo-dah.

Scott reached the kitchen, and saw Chris jumping out of the closet with a scream.

"ARRGGHHHHH!"

Scott fired five times, each bullet flying into Chris's chest. The previously dead man fell to the floor, no blood coming out of him.

All the doo-dah day.

Much longer after Ivan's last encounter with Hope Cole, and Scott's final encounter with Chris, came Christmas Eve. Ivan had since already made friends at college, some unable to come to his house in Christmas Eve and others unable to. He had organized a Christmas Party, one which Brendon and Kristine were already objecting, even if involuntarily, to going. They had family they said, and they wished to see them for Christmas Eve. Ivan had nodded and waved the two goodbye, both of them going in separate cars and headed separate ways.

And even though it was Christmas, it didn't mean that old Santy Claus was climbing down his chimney.

He welcomed the guests, those being Scott, Martin, and three people he had met at the college, them being Arild Sundby, Jeff Brown and Tina Storm. They talked, he talked, and Martin gave everyone quick glances after a while.

Ivan had certainly heard of the break-in and attempted murder that Chris Knapp had inflicted on Scott. It was funny. Chris, who had got them out of jail, had tried to kill Scott, who defended himself with a pistol. Breaking and entering, they had called it. Scott had not been charged, the judge deciding it was a case of self-defense. Ivan didn't go to Chris's funeral. He figured that it was for the best not to. Of course, Martin had asked the question of why had Chris tried to kill Scott? Why?

Scott told him it was a simple break-in but Martin was still suspicious.

After a while, Scott had said goodbye to the festivities as he had to go out to take a smoke.

And then, a few minutes later, Scott had called Ivan outside.

It was freezing out there. Ivan shivered as he walked out in a t-shirt and jeans, and looked at Scott. "What is it?" He scoffed, and Scott pointed towards the road.

"Is that your cat?" He asked, and Ivan quickly turned over to the road.

It wasn't his cat. No, it was never his cat. It had always been Brendon's. And Brendon had loved it. But now, Noodlestrop was a piece of roadkill in the road. "I'll get a trashbag." Ivan sombered out, but before he could walk through the door Scott grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back around. "Let's bury him in the pet cemetery. I feel like it'd be only fitting." Ivan nodded. If they buried Noodlestrop up there, he could just tell Brendon the cat had run off on one of his outings. He almost grinned, but the morbidity of it all made him just frown even more.

Ivan walked through the house, pulling a trashbag out from the cabinet, and then heading out with Scott. He picked up the stiff, dead carcass of Noodlestrop, now frozen in the snow, and stuffed it into the backseat of Scott's car. He fished his jacket out from his room, then walked back outside to Scott's car.

"Hey...hold up. We might need someone else to come with us and help. You go get someone. Tell them we're picking up ice from the gas station. And don't bring Martin. Okay?"

Ivan looked back at the house, then at the trash bag that held Noodlestrop's body. Poor cat.

[Take Tina]

[Take Jeff]

[Take Arild]

[Take nobody else]

• [Take Tina]

[Lock the door.] Ivan had his hand on the knob at this point, ready, about to open the door with a flick of his wrist. But...something ha

• Excellent part! I did not expect to see Chris die (again) so early!

[Take Tina]

I don't know who to take on this part, so I'll just follow supersagig here.

[Lock the door.] Ivan had his hand on the knob at this point, ready, about to open the door with a flick of his wrist. But...something ha

• Eeeeee, I THINK I have an idea of what's about to happen......

[Take Tina]

• [Take Tina]

Damn Chris, I'll submit another character.

• [CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS CLOSED, ALWAYS IN NEED OF VOTERS]

TheUnkGuy posted: »

[Take Tina] Damn Chris, I'll submit another character.

• Oh cool, I should have sent two.

supersagig posted: »

[CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS CLOSED, ALWAYS IN NEED OF VOTERS]

• [Take Tina] - Once again this is very scary and well written!

• edited January 2015

[Take Tina]

"I'll go get Tina. She's...she's trustworthy. Let's just say that." Ivan said, and Scott nodded, looking in the back of his trunk and shuffling around. Ivan stepped inside, looking at Tina on the couch, sitting next to Arild. Jeff was nowhere to be seen, and Martin was brooding off in the corner.

Tina was a tall, African-American woman with a big laugh. She had a great heart, and that heart seemed to be constantly pumping. She was strong too, and had muscles that bulged whenever she moved something heavy. She looked at Ivan, seeing his gaze on her, and frowned. "What is it?" She asked quietly, quickly leaping up in a frenzy. Oh, and did Ivan mention she was also a bit...erratic?

"I need your help. Just come outside." He told her, and she crossed her arms. "Just tell me right now, okay?" She smirked, and Ivan, annoyed, sighed. "Okay, listen. My roomate's cat got hit by a car, and we need help burying it before he get's back, okay? We're telling the others that we're just getting ice." He whispered to her, and her eyes widened as she breathed out and shook her head. "Fine. I'll help bury your damn cat."

They told the others that they were getting ice, to which they were drunkily replied to with a toast. As Ivan walked outside, he was sure he could feel Martin's gaze on him. He knew that gaze. He had felt it all night. And right now, he was sure as hell feeling it.

They got in Scott's car, and Tina kept complaining about the smell until Scott got angry and yelled at her to stop it. She finally quieted down, and the trio pulled up to the pathway to the pet cemetery. They stepped out, Scott pulling out a pickaxe and shovel. Strangely, Ivan was getting that feeling of eyes on him again.

"Creepy."

Tina spoke that word as they approached the sign up ahead, the scrawled words still in the same place as it was. "Pet Se-mah-terr-ee." Tina once again spoke, and shook her head. "Who built this place?"

Scott happily replied to her answer, pulling a flashlight out and shining it across the animal graveyard. "Bunch of kids. They needed a place to put their dead pets. Here it is."

"That just makes it more eerie." She decided, then walked past Smucky's grave. Ivan approached the same wooden plank she had walked past, and crouched down with Noodlestrop's body in the trash bag, peering into the area. It felt so...strange. He knew he had fallen right there in that dream he had...he knew it. But that was just a dream. It was all just a dream.

Ivan pulled Noodlestrop back up, and walked after Scott and Tina. He looked at the sad, bloody mess that was Noodlestrop, now his forever resting place being a Hefty trash bag. The gunslinger of the animal kingdom, the cat with the forever imprinted "Go to Hell" and "Fuck you" faces. The outlaw had a showdown with a pair of headlights attached to a red and silver Orinco truck and got shot down. Hung by a rope. Burned at stake. Run down. Noodlestrop fought the law, and the law won.

More then anything, the cat looked sad.

Ivan's thoughts were interrupted as the approaching of footsteps, crunching the remaining leaves that littered the ground echoed throughout the cemetery. Ivan quickly turned around, as Tina followed behind him. Scott was nowhere to be seen.

However, walking up, his boots crushing the ground, was Martin. A revolver was in his hand, held up and pointed at Ivan and Tina. "I fucking knew it. I fucking knew you were a dealer! You piece of fucking shit."

Martin thought they were drug dealers. He thought they were drug dealers. "Martin, look...it's not what it looks like, okay?!" Ivan held his free hand up, not approaching Martin. "Oh, I think it's exactly what it fucking looks like! You and Scott just a few months ago had come up here to make a plan, then you tried to get me drunk so you could make a fucking deal?! Put your hands up, and drop the bag!"

"Martin!"

"I said drop the fucking bag!"

Suddenly, Scott emerged from the darkness, slamming into Martin and grabbing the gun. Martin held on however, grabbing at Scott's head. Scott pushed back his hand however, and the two struggled for the gun. Suddenly, a shot fired from the pistol, and Tina screamed, and Ivan dropped the bag, out tumbling Noodlestrop's body. Martin stopped struggling for a second, looking at the poor cat's corpse. "What the fuck?!" He cried out, as Scott pushed him to the ground, two hands draped around his neck. Tina began to cry, and Ivan began pushing Noodlestrop's body into the bag. "Ohmigodohmigodohmigod!" Tina screamed, closing her eyes as Scott continued choking Martin's breath from him. Martin's face quickly grew purple, as he stared into Scott's eyes before finally succumbing and let death meet him. Scott jumped up just as a splash of blood spurted from Martin's mouth. He lay on the ground, dead.

"You...you killed him." Ivan struggled out, and Scott wildly whipped around, aiming a gun at the two. The look in his eyes, it was one of desperation, one of wilderness, one of an animal. Of a demon. It was a look of death.

"Climb over the deadfall!" Scott screamed, and Ivan shook his head, trembling as he kept a hand out. "Please...Scott...don't do this..."

"I said climb over the fucking deadfall!" Scott screamed once more, and the two reluctantly turned around. Tina was still crying, her face soaked in tears. They, still shaking and shivering, walked up to the deadfall, and began to climb. Scott followed behind them, grabbed Martin's body in one hand.

They climbed over the deadfall, and began walking. There were no junkies back here. No, there were none at all. Scott had lied. Scott had lied. He was a murderer and a liar. Who's to say whenever Chris Knapp "invaded" Scott's home was actual self-defense?! It could have been murder! In fact, it was most likely murder!

But there were no junkies out here. They would have been a welcome change to the death and hatred that occupied the space instead. Ivan found a few tears going down his face now as well. He didn't want to die. He didn't want to die. But here he was, a gun to his back, heading out into the woods so that Scott can likely shoot him down and then hide their bodies, and nobody else would be the wiser. Kristine would mourn his death. But eventually she would move on, and find a new partner. She wouldn't forget that one of her boyfriends was murdered, but sooner or later he would be the last thing that Kristine would think about. He wasn't sure about his family. He knew they'd forget about him. They hated him. And Brendon would likely be sadder over his cat then he would be for Ivan.

Ivan could feel tears all down his face now. He let out a muffled cry, pity for himself, pity for Tina, pity for Martin, and pity for Noodlestrop. "Shut the fuck up Ivan!" Scott screamed, and Ivan nearly stumbled as they walked through the woods. Scott pulled the pickaxe and shovel off of his back suddenly, and threw them at Tina. "You carry these now!"

At this point, Ivan could tell Scott was whimpering too. But the man felt no sympathy for him. Not a single feeling of it. Ivan should had never moved to this town, to this goddamn town. Soon, he was going to become a statistic in the newspaper, probably on the fourth page. He wouldn't even get his own article, just an obituary. He would just be a sideline, a name in the crowd, a number, oh just another death in the world. That's what Ivan was now.

Scott began to speak again as they walked through the forest. "We're approaching Little Bog Swamp. Now remember, you will see lights. These are just emergency vehicles from afar. You will also hear voices. These are just the loons from across the forest yelling. And remember, if anything should talk to you..."

"Do not talk to it."

Already broke that rule. Ivan thought, thinking of Hope Cole, with that stupid grin on his face, smiling at Ivan from the hospital bed, then unlocking his door and entering into his dreams. No, not his dreams. Entering into his own home, invading Ivan's privacy. It had not been a dream, it had been real. It had been one of the more real experiences in his life. Ivan remembered Hope's words, which seemed more like a warning at this point.

Don't go beyond.

Too late.

The trio approached a tall mountain like landform, a large cylinder that stretched high up in the air. "The Micmac Burial Ground." Scott scowled, and then pushed away a few rocks to reveal a stairway, engraved into the landform that led up and up and up. He waved the gun between Tina and the stairway, back and forth, back and forth. She reluctantly began walking up, and Ivan followed after her, Scott closed behind. They finally reached the top, both of them huffing and puffing. "Start digging." Scott said, and Tina looked at the dirt.

She picked stone, and shoveled dirt, eventually getting a nice big hole up. Ivan let Noodlestrop's body go into the hole, then Tina began to bury the trash bag with the cat in it. Scott made her make another hole, which he stuffed Martin into, and she shoveled dirt and stone back into it. Scott looked at them, still pointing the gun at them. It was silent for a few minutes, then just staring at each other and the two newly dug graves. Noodlestrop and Martin, together forever.

Finally, Scott began to speak.

"If either of you...ever tell a single person...what happened tonight...I'll kill both of you."

He walked down the stairs, and they began making their way away from the Micmac Burial Ground.

Ivan sat in the living room, twiddling with his thumbs. Everyone had already left, getting too tired and had been gone by the time they had gotten back. The living room was a mess, and a soft playing of I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus was playing over the radio. Ivan tapped his feet, and kept tapping and tapping.

But unfortunately for him, something else was tapping along with him.

Ivan twisted his head around as in, clumsily and twistedly, walked Noodlestrop.

Ivan stared at the cat in horror. Something was wrong with this. Something was horribly wrong with this.

The cat was dead. D-E-A-D, dead. But here he was, jiving along and walking around, just as alive as he was before.

But something was wrong. It wasn't just that the cat was alive when he had been hit by a truck, it was that the cat was walking weird. Noodlestrop was now stepping off to one side and bumping into a wall, then clumsily trying to get back on his feet. His steps were wide, and he'd stumbled around, his eyes still glazed over and unmoving. It was if something was trying to get used to some special new suit.

It was as if something was trying to get used to a new suit.

Ivan shook this thought out of his head, and slowly stood up off of the couch. As if Noodlestrop knew what he was going to do, the cat turned around to face Ivan, and sat down, blinking. Ivan stepped up slowly, and picked Noodlestrop up in his arms. The cat felt wrong. There were still bits of scars on his body, and Ivan could feel warm splatters of blood all over him. Noodlestrop felt wrong. He felt cold.

He felt dead.

END OF PART 1

END CREDITS SONG:

• edited January 2015

NEXT TIME ON PET SEMATARY

"Looks like we've got ourselves another murder." The detective spoke, raising a camera and taking a picture of the grisly scene.

"Two found dead in Ludlow, Maine. Who's next?" The reporter grumbled, seeming quite bored with her current job.

Kristine rushed across the room, looking around the living room for the sound and the whispering figure. "Where are you?!" She cried out.

"Who keeps killing people in our town?" Ivan asked Kristine, who frowned and shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes.

The voice of Ivan echoed throughout. "I've lost two friends in the past few days. And if I'm being honest with you...I'm scared."

Noodlestrop is daintily sitting on the coffee table. His tail swinging around as he tilts his head to the side.

A gritty, raspy voice speaks through darkness. "Ivan Leighton. You think you are a survivor? You are not a survivor. You are a tiny little speck in the world, just mine own sacrifice. You are a person, a speck. And I..."

"I am a demon."

PET SEMATARY: PART 2

THE GALLOWS POLE

• Yep, just as I expected. Can't wait for the next part.

[Take Tina] "I'll go get Tina. She's...she's trustworthy. Let's just say that." Ivan said, and Scott nodded, looking in the back of his t

• Holy shit! Right now I don't know what to think about Scott. He and Ivan were amazing this chapter. And did they just buried Martin at the Sematary? Oh boy, this won't end well...

[Take Tina] "I'll go get Tina. She's...she's trustworthy. Let's just say that." Ivan said, and Scott nodded, looking in the back of his t

• My Martin...

Oh well, great work nonetheless ;)

• A thread that you made ;P

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/89495/forum-nemesis?new=1 What's this?

• edited January 2015

I have a feeling we won't see the last of him.

SivD1 posted: »

My Martin... Oh well, great work nonetheless

• ALTERNATE DECISIONS

[Can't, we still need to get unpacked.]

Martin would leave, albeit a little annoyed, until Chris showed up after they had unpacked and introduce them to Scott.

[No way.]

Scott would get angry and attempt to fight Ivan, until Martin rushed inside and arrested Scott. Ivan, Kristine and Brendon would not go to jail, but on the drive home would hit a deer in front of the pathway to the Pet Sematary, where Ivan would be lulled in.

[Forget about it.]

Ivan would not be told about the "junkies."

[He was talking to me...]

Ivan would be then deemed insane and paranoid by the nurse, to which he run away. Kristine would later hear about this, and her opinion would change for worse of him.

[Open the door]

If Ivan opened the door, he would have been immediately lulled outside by Hope Cole, leading to different dialogue.

[Take Arild, Jeff, or nobody]

Would lead to different dialogue.

And now, what did you think of the first part of Pet Sematary? All feedback helps.

• Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

ALTERNATE DECISIONS [Can't, we still need to get unpacked.] Martin would leave, albeit a little annoyed, until Chris showed up after t

• It's...Great!

ALTERNATE DECISIONS [Can't, we still need to get unpacked.] Martin would leave, albeit a little annoyed, until Chris showed up after t

• I absolutely love this! Your fanfictions are all in extremely high quality and each one of them has an unique feeling for it. With this, I love the subtle horror. My favourite part was either the visit by Hopes ghost or the second time they went to the Sematary, aka the last two parts. They were not only the best in this fanfiction, but among the best I have ever read from you. What I also really like is the small cast of characters, combined with really great characterisation for all of them! I'm definitely looking forward for the future parts!

• A little poopy fell out with that ending.

• edited January 2015

the lions from across the yard yelling

That was suppose to be "loons."

Fuck.

• Glorius.

• “Knock, knock.” The man behind the door cooes, banging on the door with his fist. “Let me in, let me in, let me in, let me in…”

Ivan stands in the street, one street lamp above him, flickering on and off. He turns around, holding a hammer in his hand. “If you’re gonna come out, come out! Come on! Come on!” He yells, waiting for something to emerge from the darkness.

Step in front of a runaway train…

Thousands of birds are perched on the trees outside the house, not chirping, but simply staring at Ivan.

Just to feel alive again…

Scott is seen rushing through his house, a gun in his hand as he searches through the closets.

Pushing forward through the night…

Rachel is looking down in horror at something unable to be seen, and her hair is in an extreme mess.

Aching chest and blurry sight…

Ivan is seen walking down the darkened street, very much so alone.

It’s so far, so far, away…

Hope’s feet are seen hovering over Smucky’s grave, drifting back and forth.

Noodlestrop is seen wandering around the house, stalking Ivan and lumbering back and forth.

Ivan is then seen with a shovel, digging very deep into a grave.

Tina is seen with a figure off behind her tapping the window outside. She is blissfully unaware of this figure, as she is washing dishes.

Cold wind blows into the skin…

A cold, blue hand is seen with blood splattered all over it. It is attached to someone, but we don’t know who.

Can’t believe the state you’re in…

Noodlestrop is once again seen stalking something, this time outside and with what seems like a grin.

An older woman is rocking back and forth inside a chair, listening to some form of music.

Ivan is then seen in the street with the hammer held in his hand, but now being approached by a shadowy figure. “Tick, tock, tick, tock…” The man says, and then it goes dark as the street lamp fades out.

PET SEMATARY: THE GALLOWS POLE

• Who´s Tina maker is?

“Knock, knock.” The man behind the door cooes, banging on the door with his fist. “Let me in, let me in, let me in, let me in…” Ivan

• edited January 2015

So, I was just sorting out some of the old topics I have as they were filling up my alerts, when Crawfish happened:

sobs uncontrollably

Also sob the next part sob is coming out soon runs away to cry more

• 17 On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18 Now Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusalem, 19 and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother. 20 When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home. 21 “Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.” 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” 24 Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?” 27 “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” 28 After she had said this, she went back and called her sister Mary aside. “The Teacher is here,” she said, “and is asking for you.” 29 When Mary heard this, she got up quickly and went to him. 30 Now Jesus had not yet entered the village, but was still at the place where Martha had met him. 31 When the Jews who had been with Mary in the house, comforting her, noticed how quickly she got up and went out, they followed her, supposing she was going to the tomb to mourn there. 32 When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.” 33 When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. 34 “Where have you laid him?” he asked. “Come and see, Lord,” they replied. 35 Jesus wept. 36 Then the Jews said, “See how he loved him!” 37 But some of them said, “Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man have kept this man from dying?” John 11: 17 - 37

PART 2: THE GALLOWS POLE

Ivan Leighton was asleep on the couch, one arm hanging off and unmoving. In fact, the only body part in Ivan that was moving was his chest, which slowly went up, and then back down as he breathed. He had earlier decided to drink himself to sleep to perhaps get the events that had occurred maybe two hours earlier off of his mind. However, The Rolling Stones had quickly come to his mind as he drank.

And I just can't seem to drink you off my mind!

Fuck you, McJagger.

Ivan had crawled on to the couch in fear he would drink himself to death, and went to sleep. Now, over the radio a rendition of "White Christmas" was playing, and the fan up above was spinning, albeit very slowly. Down below the fan, Ivan was dreaming. He was dreaming of Orinco. He was dreaming of Noodlestrop, who had disappeared after Ivan had gotten his first drink from the fridge. He dreamed of Kristine, he dreamed of the Pet Se-mah-tuh-ree, he dreamed of old Smucky the cat, he was obediant, he dreamed of Martin's dead body, and he dreamed of Hope Cole. The last dream he had, the one with Hope Cole wasn't scary, but it was increasingly vivid.

Ivan was in the pet cemetery, and suddenly, he heard a rustle of the leaves. He had turned around, expecting to relive the events of the previous night, but instead had been greeted with the bloody mess that was Hope Cole. Hope watched him, simply shaking his head, and shaking his head, and somehow this put Ivan more at nerve than any other dream he had that featured such events. The dream with Kristine was gruesome. He didn't enjoy thinking about it.

As Ivan felt his last dream slip away, asserting itself into little storage containers in a vault in his mind where they would never be seen again, his eyes began to slowly drift awake. He groaned, unhappy to be back with the dead cat but still joyful he didn't have to endure Hope Cole's stare anymore. Ivan's eyes fluttered awake, and standing on his chest was none other then Noodlestrop.

"Fucking cat!" Ivan yelled as he threw the feline creatures away from his chest. "Fucking get off!" He yelled, as the cat scurried off, seeming to pause and perhaps even smile at Ivan. The man himself suddenly felt dirty. It had touched him oh God it had touched him it had touched him.

There was that word again. It. It, was suitable, to be fair. Noodlestrop, no matter how much Ivan tried to explain it to himself or reassure himself that the truck had stunned him, was dead. Noodlestrop was pure dead. And therefore, it was no longer a male or a female. It was an it. It would be all that Noodlestrop was now. And that thing was not Noodlestrop. Noodlestrop had been hit by a red and silver blur, and was resting up in cat heaven along with Smucky, probably chuckling to each other about being obediant or whatever the fuck cats talk about.

Ivan sat up, not wanting to move but knowing he had to. If he slept on the couch again, the cat would be on his chest again. And he was too afraid that if he walked upstairs to sleep, Hope Cole might make a surprise visit and smother him with a pillow, along with old It down there. Reluctantly, Ivan finally approached the stairwell, and began walking up. He walked slowly and cautiously, as if he went too fast he might fall through and then Noodlestrop would kill him. But no stairs broke, and no Noodlestrop decided to kill Ivan. The college student stepped through his door and backed up to the bed, having already made sure to lock the door, then laid down on the soft mattress. Ivan stared at the locked door, and swallowed hard. He could just see the lock turning, then the door swinging open, and there that cat would be, strolling on in, happily about to pounce on Ivan's throat.

No lock turned, and Ivan sighed. He grabbed the nob on his lamp, and was engulfed in darkness.

But something wasn't right.

No, something was not right at all. He could feel chilly. Ivan felt as if someone was watching him. Yes, he knew that someone was watching him. He did not certainly like it, no, not one bit, but he was very certain that somebody was watching him currently. Something. It was something, definitely.

Breath in, breath out. Breath in, breath out.

Hey Ivan, you know those ghost fuckers can just open up locks? That's some crazy shit, now ain't it so?

Shut up. He told himself, before grabbing the lamp's nob once more and twisting it. Ivan looked back and forth around his room, but encountered nothing. Still, he felt as if there was something else in the room with him. He could feel it's presence. It was in there with him oh God it was in there with him what the fuck.

He did not dare close his eyes, but he did reach over to the lamp again and turned it off.

Just as he did, he heard something shuffling underneath him. It was a strange whisking noise, like a whisper going through Ivan's ear but himself being unable to understand it. He shivered, waiting for the unseen force to come after him. Ivan felt the bed compress suddenly, and realized something else was in the bed with him.

He quickly grabbed the lamp again and flipped it on, once again seeing nothing. Ivan's eyes darted back and forth, before he jumped up out of the bed and began heading downstairs. That cat was not going to fuck around with him anymore. He finally found the yellow tabby hiding out in a cabinet, and he picked it up, feeling a chill roll down his spine. He threw it outside for the night, and shut the door, then rushed back upstairs.

Ivan finally got a good night's rest.

The next day, Ivan immediately had gone downstairs after a groan and a moan. He had a horrible hangover. A very nice migraine, and his eyes hurt after he stupidly opened the blinds, letting the sun shine against his cornea. He had recoiled when this happened, then shut the blinds again. Unfortunately, at this point he had realized that he needed to get Noodlestrop and let him in. If the cat got hit by a truck again, Ivan was not going to be taking him back through the hellhole pet cemetery again. He began to walk downstairs, then stopped at his front door.

He knew if he opened the door that it would be coming back inside. And that was not desirable. However, Brendon's rage was also not desirable. Ivan closed his eyes, but grabbed the door knob and swung it open.

While Noodlestrop may have greeted him, the cat had apparently made a new friend. A mouse lay on the porch, covered in blood and it's guts strewn about. The cat looked at Ivan and showed it's teeth, apparently grinning. This made Ivan furious. This fucking cat. This fucking cat! This fucking cat!

[Quickly shut the door]

[Clean the mouse's body up and let Noodlestrop in]

• edited January 2015

Oh god... Super, y u do dis? I almost managed to supress my memories of the greatest fanfiction that never was! Sometimes I wonder what happened to him. And then I get sad :(

So, I was just sorting out some of the old topics I have as they were filling up my alerts, when Crawfish happened: sobs uncontrollably Also sob the next part sob is coming out soon runs away to cry more

• [Quickly shut the door]

17 On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18 Now Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusale

17 On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18 Now Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusale

• [Clean the mouse's body up and let Noodlestrop in]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.