The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Mr. Van Helgen, did you draw that background?

Nah, that's concept art from episode 2 of TMI. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Spadge wrote: »
    picture.php?albumid=276&pictureid=1749

Wanted to do D'oro, but this guy ended up looking more like me.

Cool! That's great. Even better than if it looked like D'oro. I just think that most character of Episode 1 are not very memorable in how they look (except for Singe of course!) :-(
  • edited July 2009
    Where'd he get the concept art from then? I can't find it on the VIP site. It's gorgeous either way!
  • edited July 2009
    Where'd he get the concept art from then? I can't find it on the VIP site. It's gorgeous either way!

It's in Gamespot.
  • edited July 2009
    No one happens to have any lovely LeChuck centered wallpapers do they, that come in at 1366 by 768?
  • edited July 2009

96125920090727790screen.th.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Everyones favorite grotesquely huge Governer.

phatt2.jpg

and the original for anyone not familiar with the character in the game.
    phattoriginal.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    I'm not sure if this counts as fan-art or not, since its not art OF Monkey Island, but I was reading One Piece, and look at this neat blatant reference I found.

Mild Language warning -

09.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    Not entirely Monkey Island fanart but I included a lot of references and characters in here:

thekingoutline.png
  • edited August 2009
    Capt. Kate Capsize.... I'm telling you Mr. Brush should have forgotten all about Elain when he met Kate.

katecapsize.png
  • edited August 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Capt. Kate Capsize.... I'm telling you Mr. Brush should have forgotten all about Elain when he met Kate.

katecapsize.png

Would of been more interesting to see how that would of went. Though MI3 and Tales Elaine are really good. Tales Elaine doesn't seem angry but more sweet and caring for Guybrush which suits her new look.
  • edited August 2009
    Wow, there is so much fantastic fanart here :D I've really enjoyed following this thread for the last 2 months. Ado, Paco, irishmile, Junaid (just to name a few off the top of my head) you guys are ridiculously talented :D i love seeing whatever you guys come up with next :)

During this time i have been doing a ton of sketches and finally managed to fix my scanner so i can start posting some stuff :)

Here a super short comic i made the day of the E3 announcement

somicomicminesmall.jpg

Ive tried to colour it but frankly ive never really got the hang of that part, so i invite anybody who feels like doing so to give it a shot :)

EDIT: Didnt want to double post, here are some supportin character pics ive sketched

supportingcharssketch.jpg

from left to right we have: Murray tattoo concept, rough sketched Herman, Head 'o' the navigator in a jar (one of my favorites), what was originally LeChuck but became important looking pirate #1, Largo(top) and random pirate(bottom)

once again i invite anyone to try their hand at colouring these pics (especially the head of the navigator one) as i totally suck at it :p
  • edited August 2009
    Hi,

I have just bought a graphics tablet, can anyone suggest some good drawing software designed to be used by tablets? I only have paint, and the software that came with tablet is kid of basic.
  • edited August 2009
    I got some more pics scanned and sorted :D

Here are some LeChuck pics i've sketched recently

lechucksketchglokidd.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    good drawings, glo kid, but i don't get the comic :confused:
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks Astro :)

The comic is the first part of a MI comic series i had bouncing around in my head where Guybrush actually would hear the "Walk To Door", "Pick Up Meat In Pot", etc. Problem was i couldn't decide whether the command line would be a booming Deity like voice from above or if they would be voices in Guybrushes head like a form of Schizophrenia. This comic is about the Guybrush's first encounter with The Voice.

I also managed to get some more sketches scanned sorted and uploaded, this time a Guybrush gallery :)

guybrushsketchglokiddcr.jpg

As you can see i embraced the whole big hair thing :p
  • edited August 2009
    Oh ok...
    Well this first panel doesn't really make it clear, but it sounds like a fun idea once you get it ;)
  • edited August 2009
    I got it from the first time I read it.
    Although I thought it was a hint
  • edited August 2009
    prizna wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just bought a graphics tablet, can anyone suggest some good drawing software designed to be used by tablets? I only have paint, and the software that came with tablet is kid of basic.

I'm using sketchbook pro myself, but it seems like most people use different versions of photoshop. Sketchbook is developed to be used primarily with tablets and the UI is great.
  • edited August 2009
    hey all,
    nice stuff on here,
    i really dig the new Guybrush and i admire Ryan's drawings of him,
    so i did a little tribute sketch this summer, i forgot to post it,
    i was inspired by KEBSD's sketch :p
    i dont do cartoon so much usually but its been fun anyway,

guybrushsketchsmall2.jpg

maybe ill finish him or do a better one someday, i dont like the collar here..
  • edited August 2009
    nice style
  • edited August 2009
    Those sketches on Page 35 are great, i love rough skethes :D

I made a LeChuck last night, for once something that wasn't suggested by others, looks a bit plain though doesn't it..? And the face might be a bit long, hahaha...

lollechuck23832508.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    You guys are brilliant! :D
  • edited August 2009
    hi guys! these works are wonderful, congratulations!

Here is my version of "MI2 Guybrush"

mi2spitguyale2009.jpg

*Swish-Swish
    *Hooooooock!
    *ChwwwwwwK!
    *Ptooie!
    *:eek:

Hope you like!
  • edited August 2009
    the spit on the floor kinda looks like a bird.

WHEN YOU SEE IT!
  • edited August 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Preview (that is also decent sized)
    Elaine_Concept_art_Colored_by_Irishmile.png
    I like this. I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes Elaine's design in the new game the best. Her Curse design always reminded me of those third world Disney movie ripoffs they sell for like $3 at the drug store.
  • edited August 2009
    Mataku wrote: »
    the spit on the floor kinda looks like a bird.

WHEN YOU SEE IT!

A Firebird?
  • edited August 2009
    hey all,
    nice stuff on here,
    i really dig the new Guybrush and i admire Ryan's drawings of him,
    so i did a little tribute sketch this summer, i forgot to post it,
    i was inspired by KEBSD's sketch :p
    i dont do cartoon so much usually but its been fun anyway,

guybrushsketchsmall2.jpg

maybe ill finish him or do a better one someday, i dont like the collar here..

Why thank you! I'm glad I was inspirational =D
    You did a great job, I really like the color scheme. It gives a certain look that is really... Guybrush-like. Anyways, awesome work!
  • edited August 2009
    I made another pic of LeChuck... Trying out different looks and styles... I'm rather fond of this style here...
    lollechuck38779862.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    Megaloman wrote: »
    I'm using sketchbook pro myself, but it seems like most people use different versions of photoshop. Sketchbook is developed to be used primarily with tablets and the UI is great.

UI?
  • edited August 2009
    prizna wrote: »
    UI?

User Interface... surprised you didn't know that, but hey, you do now ;)
  • edited August 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    User Interface... surprised you didn't know that, but hey, you do now ;)

Sorry,

I thought of interface but for some reason didnt think what "u" could be.
  • edited August 2009
    hi guys! these works are wonderful, congratulations!

Here is my version of "MI2 Guybrush"

mi2spitguyale2009.jpg

*Swish-Swish
    *Hooooooock!
    *ChwwwwwwK!
    *Ptooie!
    *:eek:

Hope you like!

Like it?
    I LOVE it!
  • edited August 2009
    LOL I didnt know what UI meant either..... :P

Also I have some new art in the style I have been doing lately I.E. Guybrush, Elaine, Kate.... the new stuff is Elaine more complete and a nice little Lechuck...... BUT I left the house without my thumb drive and I can not log onto the net at home right now I have a bunch of dudes running around there doing home renovations.... So I will have to get back to the library and post another day soon.
  • edited August 2009
    Wow, alectoplasma. That pic totally captures the look and personality of the original sprite. Could you do one of MI1 Guybrush? I'm curious to know what the Mi:SE Guybrush SHOULD have looked like.
  • edited August 2009
    Ok here we go I added LeChuck.....

Monkey_Island_2_Cast_by_Irishmile.png
  • edited August 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    Loved it!
    So funny!:D
  • edited August 2009
    Here's my contribution. I know, it looks like a 12th century drawing, but the last time I picked up the pencil was almost a decade ago.

guybrush_handdrawn.png
  • edited August 2009
    ^ I don't even wanna say what it looks like he's doing >_>
  • edited August 2009
    Mataku wrote: »
    ^ I don't even wanna say what it looks like he's doing >_>

But what IS he doing?!?! :confused:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.