The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Nice work =]
  • edited August 2009
    he hasn't even received his second eye yet

You forget he is a pirate ;)
  • edited August 2009
    I would post my pics.... but uh... They are fanmade characters though... Including my fanmade character of what would Guybrush's and Elaine's son would look like.
  • edited August 2009
    Sounds interesting, please do post.
  • edited August 2009
    Really? Well... this is the new pic I'm working on.... He's suppose to look like Guybrush a little but act a little bit more like Elaine... He also is suppose to have brown hair.. If your wondering... my avatar pic was the original

i306546227_53261_4.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    I can't quite imagine him in the current MI universe which just seems to dark and cynical for this fella, but if anybody ever makes a MI for children then they better take a look at this. He'd fit in perfectly.

About the eye: I was actually thinking about giving him an eye patch, but I'm not sure yet.
  • edited August 2009
    Well, he's only suppose to be a teenager. But hey, didn't Guybrush looked like he wouldn't be in any dark and cynical stuff either in earlier games? XD
  • edited August 2009
    *laughs* I guess you're right. It's just that I started my MI experiences with MI2 and never quite accepted MI1 (and to a certain extend MI3)'s style as the "one and only MI style".
  • edited August 2009
    XD I see. Oh! And your animated pirate is great too! :D Even I can't do that!
  • edited August 2009
    Hehe, if it can be done with a mouse then I can get reasonable results even without much practice, but give me a pen and I'm completely lost. Different people, different skills :)
  • edited August 2009
    Guess so ^_^. I'll try to draw more of my character to see if I get any better. lol
  • edited August 2009
    I think he looks really great. I feel like Guybrush's humor is what makes the game so successful, however, so I wouldn't make him more Elaine-ish.
  • edited August 2009
    Miaharpy, just in case you understood it differently: "if anybody ever makes a MI for children then they better take a look at this. He'd fit in perfectly" was not meant like "he's not good enough for MI". I just think he's a different kind of character and needs a different scenario.
  • edited August 2009
    KEBSD wrote: »
    I think he looks really great. I feel like Guybrush's humor is what makes the game so successful, however, so I wouldn't make him more Elaine-ish.

I guess that is a good point.... but I want him to have some of Elaine's personality XD I think it would be crazy if like... Elaine is put through all the stuff Guybrush did.

Oh and hansschmucker, yeah... I was thinking of another scenario, not the same as Guybrush's. ^_^
  • edited August 2009
    Fair enough, I guess that'd be cool, him being ruthless yet his attempts at fierceness squandered by his clumsiness :P
    Hmm, now I must ask... his name?
  • edited August 2009
    Edward Threepwood... My friend's idea XD... Funny that was the first name he thought.
  • edited August 2009
    He does look like an Edward.
    Do you have Photoshop? If so, you should color the image in and add dimension to it.
  • edited August 2009
    Miaharpy wrote: »
    Edward Threepwood... My friend's idea XD... Funny that was the first name he thought.

Oh my! that is priceless.. reminds me of the Joke.

Q: Why does "Edward WoodWard" have 4 d's in it?
    A: if it didn't it would be Ewar WooWar

and perfect in the theme of people making fun of the threepwood name.
  • edited August 2009
    No... I don't have photoshop. I should though and learn how to use it :D. Glad you guys like Edward. It gets hard to think of what a good character would look like these days.
  • edited August 2009
    Ooh, I was mentioned! Hooray!

But yeah, Edward Threepwood was my idea, and she named his (little?) sister Mayshell Threepwood. I've been drawing her. ^^
    Here's my idea of the pose I might make her, bit of the clothes and some personality given to her.
    Here's my idea of the face and what she might look like, although I should round her face a bit and make her look younger. Edit: Of course, she also needs a hat.

They're just sketches though. Didn't spend that much time doing them. xD

My first post!
  • edited August 2009
    Nice sketches =] If you don't mind I may go into Photoshop and mess around with them later.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm sure Gingerale wouldn't mind, Edward and Mayshell were originally my ideas. It's just that we decided to make a deal that since I was drawing Edward, he could do Mayshell. ^^ And we end up naming the other's character. Pretty fun too.
  • edited August 2009
    awesome drawings mia and ginger
    Hehe, thought I'd join the 3D frenzy with a pre-alpha pirate 3D model. There's not much there yet beyond the basic shape (he hasn't even received his second eye yet), but what the heck, I still think it looks nice (keep in mind I just play around with modeling tools around once a year and never, ever use them for my daily work)

pirate.next.png
    his great i like the one eye lol may i ask what programe you used to make it :)
  • edited August 2009
    Miaharpy wrote: »
    I'm sure Gingerale wouldn't mind, Edward and Mayshell were originally my ideas. It's just that we decided to make a deal that since I was drawing Edward, he could do Mayshell. ^^ And we end up naming the other's character. Pretty fun too.

Yeah, in no way would I be claiming them my own, I would just color them in and add some dimension.
  • edited August 2009
    Deanie25 wrote: »
    his great i like the one eye lol may i ask what programe you used to make it :)

A Maya learner's edition. As I said, I do this about once a year, not nearly often enough to get any other edition.

I created him by simply extruding faces from a box, then moving the vertices and so on and so forth. Finally, I made a subdivision proxy and that's it.
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks, and sure you can go ahead and mess with them all you like. ^^

I still need to draw the final better quality drawing of her and see how that ends up. Haven't been drawing for so long I'm a bit afraid it might not become good enough. xD
  • edited August 2009
    Okay, here's Edward.
    316rgr4.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    Nice ^_^. But, I guess you didn't notice the fact that it was suppose to be a vest over a long sleeved shirt, lol. I should had shaded it :D
  • edited August 2009
    I contemplated that, but decided against it. Oops xD
  • edited August 2009
    lol! It's okay :D I do like the color ^_^
  • edited August 2009
    It does look quite fancy on him. Although it reminds me of a detective's trench coat xD
  • edited August 2009
    Meh, I didn't know what colors to do :P
  • edited August 2009
    I was wondering if anyone could make me a forum signature that would appear underneath a post with a picture of GuyBrush and just his name written. You guys can do whatever you want and take your time I can wait. Let me know if you want to do it otherwise nevermind.
  • edited August 2009
    Deepgood, you wouldn't be able to use it on this forum - they don't allow pictures in signatures (with good reason... they get large and unwielding)
  • edited August 2009
    yea i know it would be for another forum i am currently using
  • edited August 2009
    It's kind of unfinsihed... but I just can't get my hands on it right now.

guybrush.th.jpg

The basic premise is that he swings down on a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle, with a bottle of root beer, right into action. Oh, the bag is supposed to have some well-known inventory items, but it's just empty right now.
  • edited August 2009
    Farlander wrote: »
    It's kind of unfinsihed... but I just can't get my hands on it right now.

guybrush.th.jpg

The basic premise is that he swings down on a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle, with a bottle of root beer, right into action. Oh, the bag is supposed to have some well-known inventory items, but it's just empty right now.

That's pretty good! Good job ^_^
  • edited August 2009
    207kpbk.png

Looks like even the Men of Low Moral Fiber are celebrating today. ;)

Congratulations on another wonderful chapter, Telltale!
  • edited August 2009
    tmiwinslow.jpg
  • edited August 2009
    Quick fan-art of Morgan because she is the tops:
    SPOILER

Edit: Just looked at the clock and it actually wasn't that quick. HMMMN.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.