The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Ah well....thanks.:o
  • edited April 2010
    No, thank you! :D
    Anyway, yeah, that's my DA account. . some of it's kinda crappy, some is pretty good. .but I don't update it nearly as often as I should.
  • edited April 2010
    Again great stuff Ignis!
  • edited April 2010
    Ignis wrote: »
    URRRGGG, this picture took way longer than it should have.

(Crowning Moment of Heartwarming)

Dammit, I had to do something sappy. X3
    (I hope it isn't too big)

holy awesome. You can just feel the beauty of the moment. You win.
  • edited April 2010
    Guybrush_and_Elaine_by_Ofelan.jpg

You know how when you're trying to do some work and you've got your books and things spread out in front of you. . and then your cat walks in and lies down on it all in front of you to get your attention? I kinda figure that's how Guybrush is with Elaine sometimes. :D
    So, just a little sketchy-sketch this time and with that, I think I've gotten all the sappy stuff out of my system now.

ok...ON TO THE DISTURBING FANART THREAD!!
    *mad scientist laugh*
  • edited April 2010
    ok...ON TO THE DISTURBING FANART THREAD!!
    *mad scientist laugh*

This I like.
  • edited April 2010
    I find the lines under their eyes give them a creepy look. Like they have bulging eyes due to craziness or something.
  • edited April 2010
    Well yeah, they're crazy. . crazy IN LOOOVE. :P
  • edited April 2010
    I love all your pics Ignis, they're either hilarious, adorable, or hilarious and adorable. As much as I want to say that the one of Guybrush in the dress is my favourite, (lawl crossdressing) it's definitely the especially sappy one I like best. D'awwwww.
  • edited May 2010
    I was in utah for a week and I had nothin better to do than to draw all the time. Here's all the mostly-done guybrush doodles I did.

utah-drawins.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    OH MY GOD THE BOTTOM LEFT ONE!!! :D
    I love it and all your other doodles, too. Keep on drawing!
  • edited May 2010
    Awwwww, the hairbrushing one is adorable! I love the look on Guybrush's face.
  • edited May 2010
    So I'm not the only one who pictures Elaine fixing Guybrush's hair?
  • edited May 2010
    I love the sketchyness of the bottom right one :)
  • edited May 2010

in her undies. .:p
  • edited May 2010
    You guys worry me.
  • edited May 2010
    HA. Just you wait till you see my next fanart. . .
  • edited May 2010
    It doesn't worry me... when couples are comfortable together they have funny quirks... I know my wife and I have them.
  • edited May 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    It doesn't worry me... when couples are comfortable together they have funny quirks... I know my wife and I have them.
    Exactly what I was going at!
    Junaid wrote: »
    I love the sketchyness of the bottom right one :)
    Thanks! Means a lot, 'specially from a talented fella like you!
    Nope.
    HA. Just you wait till you see my next fanart. . .
    i like ur attitude
  • edited May 2010
    Tope, as much as I love your Guybrush stuff and the occasional Morgan, I have to say, it's your drawings of Elaine that cause my jaw to drop every time.
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    I was in utah for a week and I had nothin better to do than to draw all the time. Here's all the mostly-done guybrush doodles I did.

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae86/GiantTopiary/uh/utah-drawins.jpg

I'm new here and I was instantly attracted to this thread! I love (drawing) fanart and I dig THESE SO MUCH! =D Love the sketchy style and the one with Elaine doing Guybrush's hair is SO adorable. :D <3 Please keep these up, they're awesome!
  • edited May 2010
    I'm new here and I was instantly attracted to this thread! I love (drawing) fanart and I dig THESE SO MUCH! =D Love the sketchy style and the one with Elaine doing Guybrush's hair is SO adorable. :D <3 Please keep these up, they're awesome!

If you're new here, then I highly suggest you actually go through the entire thread (maybe not all at once, though), because there is some great stuff throughout those 121 pages!
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, I've already started but - as you said - it's a lot of (great) stuff to look at; I'm gonna need some time. The fanart I mentioned just caught my eye, though. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Welcome to the forum Sannelicious.
    You'll love it here! I actually got kinda hooked! :D
  • edited May 2010
    Hi firends, I have done another sketch of an location about a probable second season of Tales of Monkey Island.. :)

I hope do you like this :) ...

newmonkeyisland.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited May 2010
    Man, every time you upload a piece of artwork, I am just amazed! I love your style and your art is a pleasure to look at.
  • edited May 2010
    Holy Freaking Amazing
  • edited May 2010
    I love it. So much stuff to look at, and yet it doesn't feel too busy either.
  • edited May 2010
    Now I seriously want to be able to explore that location in an actual Monkey Island game, navigating Guybrush through it and clicking on every single object like I would in any other MI game. Have you applied for a job as a concept artist at Telltale yet? If not, then I highly suggest you do so.
  • edited May 2010
    I have post on facebook some draws in the pege of tell tale, I want do others sketches and i will try proposing me concretely :)..

I hope that there isn't a problem if I live in Italy :)
  • edited May 2010
    cirolmo wrote: »
    I hope that there isn't a problem if I live in Italy :)

I'm afraid it is... But don't let that stop you from trying. Build up your portfolio and who knows?
    Otherwise, I hope you'll apply to Italian game companies or something.
  • edited May 2010
    Amazing! I love the amount of detail here! The look of the picture is cute, yet very artistic and sooo well done. Color scheme, perspective, composition... everything works! <3
  • edited May 2010
    This is so fun to look at. All the details are intriguing and make you wonder about them, which is perfect for a game illustration. Good work.
  • edited May 2010
    Hot damn, cirolmo! How do you do it!? The detail is absolutely breathtaking! I don't see anything out of place; everything has a function and everything makes sense. How long did it take you to draw this? I mean I am just blown away and in awe; that is a stunning background. The style is so consistent and the color scheme is just asdfgasdfgjklghjklgh
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks to all..
    Secret Fawful, the study o draw in skets and the clear in another sheet heve got me almost three day (same times I must work with the comics )..

The colours in totaly also 3 days :)
  • edited May 2010
    I love it.... If they ever lose Ryan Jones I hope they give you a call.
  • edited May 2010
    cirolmo wrote: »
    Secret Fawful, the study o draw in skets and the clear in another sheet heve got me almost three day (same times I must work with the comics )..

The colours in totaly also 3 days :)
    Whoa.
  • edited May 2010
    The only problem I have with this picture is that it really doesn't look like something from a Monkey Island game--it feels more like some kind of fantasy world from The Neverending Story, or something.

But apart from that, it's absolutely stunning! I am incredibly jealous of those who have really strong layout design skills as you clearly do--that's something I could never master or enjoy. :(
    . . AND YOU COLORED IT IN THREE DAYS?! Holy crap, I need to get my lazy ass in gear.
  • edited May 2010
    The only problem I have with this picture is that it really doesn't look like something from a Monkey Island game...

Well neither did Spinner Cay, but it worked for me, and many others I believe.
  • edited May 2010
    I thought Spinner Cay looked Monkey Island-ish. I think it's just the colors in this fanart--they're too pastel-y and light to be Monkey Islandish, but that's just my opinion.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.