The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Dadel wrote: »
    Love the story and the illustration, Guybrush looks great in hat. But I would hate to see that dream come true. The immortality, sure. The mafia, go ahead (insult gunfight?). A kid, no! That's often a bad sign for any sequel. :rolleyes:

Hahaha I thought the same thing.
    I think it can be handled well, as long as the kid is their own person, and not a copy of one of the parents or a mix of the two. And the story is its own story and not a repeat of the parents story or the same thing backwards.

Your parrot is awesome.
  • edited March 2010
    AvkVaUDTn.jpg

o_O

Buh...

How?!

This is awesome beyond my ability to comprehend.
  • edited March 2010
    You know I have often considered myself a dedicated MI fanartist.. someone with a decent amount of skill... but then I often log on here and see what others do and I have to completely reevaluate.
  • edited March 2010
    I was wondering if/when someone would make one. It's wonderful! <3 And it looks like I'll have to look into Cernit polymers now.
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, whenever I try doing something it ends up feeling and looking like crap in comparison. So I kind of stopped trying. although I guess I might finish my comic someday, it had funny parts.

When I see things like that, I envy people's talent, but then I realise I would need to work hard to get to their level and I'm lazy, so I stop envying them.
  • edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    You know I have often considered myself a dedicated MI fanartist.. someone with a decent amount of skill... but then I often log on here and see what others do and I have to completely reevaluate.

Hey, it could always be worse. Here's an ego boost at my expense.
  • edited March 2010
    Hey, it could always be worse. Here's an ego boost at my expense.

Says the guy who made a real-life version of the Feast of the Senses map.
    ... Among other things.
  • edited March 2010
    AvkVaUDTn.jpg

I think I just had a heart attack.

I'm suing you for a buhjillion awesome-dollars.
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Says the guy who made a real-life version of the Feast of the Senses map.
    ... Among other things.

Naw, that was just cutting and pasting together screenshots. And what are these "other things"?
  • edited March 2010
    Hum, let's see, there was a fake atari game, and I thought there was something else...
  • edited March 2010
    I take no credit for the Atari game. That was all that label maker I found. And I'm guessing the other thing was the paper voodoo doll, which was very crudely drawn and assembled. Actually, now that you mention it, both the Atari label and voodoo doll have started to curl pretty badly...

And now...I have absolutely no business being conscious right now...
  • edited March 2010
    Well guru, it's still all better than anything I have done. And it's still work. And I envy you that map but I know I could never make my own, let alone know how to make it have a picture on both sides.
  • edited March 2010
    Love the story and the illustration, Guybrush looks great in hat. But I would hate to see that dream come true. The immortality, sure. The mafia, go ahead (insult gunfight?). A kid, no! That's often a bad sign for any sequel. :rolleyes:

Just for the record, I completely agree. I just drew it because I liked the outfits.
    My Cernit Parrot of Gothenburg.
    Notice the string from the back of it's head.
    It's about 37 cm / 14.6 inch from tailfeather to forehead.
    No "knock knock" jokes, please. :(

btw, want.
  • edited March 2010
    That parot is just all kinds of awesome.
    btw, want.
    +1
  • edited March 2010

AvkVaUDTn.jpg

Hehe, i'm agree with you xD
    Awwwww, your parrot is so cute!! ^///^ I love it! :D
  • edited March 2010
    Well Done Dadel!! That's pretty damn brilliant!
  • edited March 2010

AvkVaUDTn.jpg

Knock knock
  • edited March 2010
    I wrote the knock knock sequence in C but I can't remember where I put it. One day I'll do it in Java and put in in an applet on a PHP page for all to play with.

And such is my creative skill. I can script/program but am very lazy and very out of practise.
  • edited March 2010

AvkVaUDTn.jpg

Sir....how?
  • edited March 2010
    Untitled-1.jpg

And because of how amazing this picture is, I am now tempted to draw Guybrush in 1930's/Steampunk-ish outfits.
    AvkVaUDTn.jpg

And you wins the internet sir!
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    ....That parrot is amazing.
  • edited March 2010
    I'll just echo everyone else's praise of that parrot. It really is fantastic.
  • edited March 2010
    the parrot SUCKS! BWAHAHAHA *ducks *dodges *runs away

ok, i want that parrot! NOW!
  • edited March 2010
    Call me a (pyrite) parrot but I like the model too *bwaaaaaaaak*
  • edited March 2010
    AvkVaUDTn.jpg

i want that parrot!

oki tell you what to do: you have to make a 2nd one, put it on ebay and link the auction here
  • edited March 2010
    If I could do stuff like that, I'd exploit my magic parrot-making powers for profit.
  • edited March 2010
    Painting time! (click the images for bigger views)

guybrushprepaintsm.jpg
    About to start... Guybrush is already primed in black. Let's hope this works!

guybrushstepssm.jpg
    A few progress shots... the little details were really hard (especially the eyes).
    And I haven't done the pattern on his coat. Maybe some other time.
    Can you spot where I totally messed up the coloring?

guybrushpaintedsm.jpg
    Done! Kinda...
  • edited March 2010
    guybrushstepssm.jpg

Nice paintjob! Is the messed up colouring on his belts? I thought those were dark brown, not black. Ah, the sight of Citadel paints and brushes gives me a warm glow inside. (and the compulsion to BUY MOAR)

AvkVaUDTn.jpg

Holy crap, that's awesome! Did you paint it, or use metallic clay/metallic powder?
  • edited March 2010
    Fantastic! "Laserschwert God" indeed.
    How long did it take for you to paint that little buccaneer?

Edit: And yeah... Thanks to everyone that have praised the parrot. The parrot is pleased. :D
  • edited March 2010
    Took me about 3 hours.

And no, the belt isn't the messed up part I meant (and I think it IS black).
  • edited March 2010
    Took me about 3 hours.

And no, the belt isn't the messed up part I meant (and I think it IS black).

Ah-ha! Is it because the yellow patterns on the cuffs are at the bottom rather than the top?
  • edited March 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Ah-ha! Is it because the yellow patterns on the cuffs are at the bottom rather than the top?
    "That's a bingo!"
  • edited March 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Did you paint it, or use metallic clay/metallic powder?
    Missed your question.
    Paint and spray varnish. Lots of spray varnish (love that stuff) to get a stronger surface and get back the lustre to the gold that it lost when I added the darker layers.
    "That's a bingo!"
    "You just say bingo..."
    ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Now make millions of tiny ones...... I only need one for me and 3 for each of my kids..... thanks in advance. :D
  • edited March 2010
    Simple. This one is starting to get on my nerves. I'll probably send it to Blendtec so that they could use it in the next episode of "Will It Blend?".
  • edited March 2010
    You people with your mad sculpting skills. :D

The Guybrush model and the parrot are both incredible! You people are so talented!
  • LupLup
    edited March 2010
    ~PIRATE PARROT~

most awesome thing ever! °_____°
  • edited March 2010
    Quick sketch of the EMI Guybrush.
    picture.php?albumid=276&pictureid=2038
  • edited March 2010
    Don't be so humble. I'd say it's a little more effort then a "Quick sketch".
    I especially like all the curly lines.
  • edited March 2010
    So I was searching around the web and look what I found. None of these are by me; I just thought they were neat.

mi2gb.png

mines.png

mi2snes.png

cmitxt.png

cmisierra.png

cmicdi.png

emigb.jpg

emilec.jpg

mi2dott.png

miat2600.png

mic64.png

emi2.jpg