The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited March 2010
    cirolmo wrote: »
    Tnx Falanca.. Recentely I have start to work like digital colorist for a italian comic monthly "Lupo Alberto".. and in April will be avable my first grafic novel "Ugly Angel" where i have work like screenwriter, drawer an colorist.. (I hope will be valued to the people becuase I will paid only whit the percentages eheheh) If you want see more this is the link of my blog :) http://cirocangialosi.blogspot.com/

So yeah, checked your blog. It's beyond awesome, your skills are something to dream of. And I saw two more Monkey Island related pictures that hasn't been colored (and I think you don't intend on doing them)...

...so I'm posting the links here without even asking you so that everyone here can droll over them.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_C29jHb39vus/SyLzfCw4uhI/AAAAAAAAAT8/-ipvPrfIXgA/s1600-h/tales+of+monkey+island+by+cirolmo+pencil.jpg
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_C29jHb39vus/ShVffAL40zI/AAAAAAAAAP8/Y1GAQP9_gDM/s1600/Monkey%2BIsland%2B5%2Bby%2Bcirolmo.jpg

I LOVE how you draw Guybrush. Your style reminds me of Earthworm Jim so much, and it IS a great compliment because many people have tried and failed on this way.
  • edited March 2010
    I don't know if it counts as Fan Art, but this sucker took me two days, so I'll post it anyway.

CMI3D.jpg

Tales of Monkey Island eat your heart out! Thís is real 3D!!! :D
  • edited March 2010
    ... aaaand here's one of LeChuck I finished just a minute ago
    Love it. The voodoo cannonball really deserves more attention.
    cirolmo wrote: »
    I love this character...
    Everything is fantastic but I especially like one of the many details, the "belt bottles" that this and one of your other MI-art had. Don't really know why they catch my interest.
    Joop wrote: »
    Great choice of scene for that effect. Shame I don't have any 3D glasses... :(

Here is la Esponja Grande made out of... a sponge... Complete with instructions.
    But to be honest, I thought it'd be bigger :/
    kyQSkrngk.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Here's old 'Snugglecakes' playing the banjo. Incidently one of my favorite characters from CMI. I know I kinda messed up his right hand a little, but the rest looks pretty okay. ^^

Oh, and I also checked out cirolmo's blog. Your stuff truly is the cat's pajamas, dude! Great work.

__Snugglecakes___van_Helgen_by_Sycophantasmagoria.png
  • edited March 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    I don't know if it counts as Fan Art, but this sucker took me two days, so I'll post it anyway.

CMI3D.jpg

That probably looks great, but my 3D glasses are red/blue. :(
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, this thread has been filled with awesome since the last time I looked in it!

Sycophantasm - Awesome pics, I really like your LeChuck with the voodoo cannonball. And Van Helgen needs more love.

Cirolmo - I LOVE THAT PIC. And your drawing style!
  • edited March 2010
    Awesome, I thought it was about time we saw some Van Helgen fan art here!
  • edited March 2010
    Dadel wrote: »
    Love it. The voodoo cannonball really deserves more attention.

Everything is fantastic but I especially like one of the many details, the "belt bottles" that this and one of your other MI-art had. Don't really know why they catch my interest.

Great choice of scene for that effect. Shame I don't have any 3D glasses... :(

Here is la Esponja Grande made out of... a sponge... Complete with instructions.
    But to be honest, I thought it'd be bigger :/
    kyQSkrngk.jpg

Awesome work, but it looks to me like you could use one of these to go with it:

DSC02913.jpg

DSC02914.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    This is an awesome thread.
    My partner and I did a Monkey Island fanart some time ago and thought we'd share it here with our fellow fans.

MonkeyIsland_final_a4anner.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    That looks strangely familiar. Perhaps your partner already posted it.
  • edited March 2010
    Made this doodle of the 'Buccaneer Hair Stylists'. I thought they were a little underrepresented in this forum. Hope you dig it. ^^

The_Pirate_Barbers_by_Sycophantasmagoria.png
  • edited March 2010
    Neat! (Although I would have given Haggis more freckles :P)
  • edited March 2010
    So here's my addition to the fan art, I know it's not very original as it's obviously very closely based on the great cover art done by Steve Purcell (I've always admired his art style) so if anything it's an homage to the cover art. I did put a little something extra in though, figured it could use Max decked out in pirate stuff, anyway hope you enjoy it.

monkeyislandfinal2.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    That looks strangely familiar. Perhaps your partner already posted it.

Yes, it has been posted on this forum. But by who I can not remember.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, it has been posted on this forum. But by who I can not remember.

HA. That's weird. I'm going to have to look for it. Neither myself or my partner's posted it anywhere else aside from deviantart and our blogs.
    Thanks for pointing it out
  • edited March 2010
    I remember that post being more like 'WOO LOOK WHAT I FOUND' rather than 'Hey guys, check out what I made'. I may be mistaken though.
  • edited March 2010
    I like the recent additions. A fair few hours of dedicated labour, no doubt. But then most if not all of the art in this thread (modded screenshots aside) must have taken ages to do.
  • edited March 2010
    Made this doodle of the 'Buccaneer Hair Stylists'. I thought they were a little underrepresented in this forum. Hope you dig it. ^^

The_Pirate_Barbers_by_Sycophantasmagoria.png

Now these gentlemen look like individuals you don't want to mess with.
  • edited March 2010
    Awesome work, but it looks to me like you could use one of these to go with it
    Ah! Cool!
    But where to find that napkin? I don't know anybody that have that... ehr... special... taste in clothes like Stan.
    S@bre wrote: »
    Now these gentlemen look like individuals you don't want to mess with.

I don't know about that. I feel the urge to fool the big ginger kid with a rubber tree, choke the little fat guy with a jawbreaker and finally shoot the bony man's banjo with a flintlock pistol.
    And yeah. I dig it :D

LeChuck is out of the kiln and now needs some sandpaper and paint. Hopefully I can finish him tonight.
    Notice that the beard is slighly darker due to that it was placed on another (probably warmer) part of the kiln.
    xaTUEGsHy.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    I love it. It looks awesome.
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I love it. It looks awesome.

Agreed. I can't wait to see it finished.
  • edited March 2010
    Still alot to do but atleast I can see the finish line.
    tURLqJtaL.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Still alot to do but atleast I can see the finish line.
    tURLqJtaL.jpg

Woah, that is brilliant! Awesome piece of Monkey Island fan art right there.
  • edited March 2010
    Nikki, if you can, give Dadel a free episode - I don't care that there aren't any competitions on at the moment :) That LeChuck statue is awesome enough to break the rules :p
  • edited March 2010
    Agreed. Give that fan a prize, Telltale! I love it!
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, it's beyond awesome. If you don't get a prize, at least submit it next contest.
    Although it wouldn't be fair to anyone else entering :P
  • edited March 2010
    picture.php?albumid=276&pictureid=2034
    You can blame all those MI2SE rumors for this picture.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh, great, now I'm going to be disappointed if he doesn't look like that. I hope you're happy, your awesome fanart has probably ruined the game for me before it's even been announced.

Naw, I'm kidding. About the ruined part, not the awesome part.
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge wrote: »

niceeeeeee
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge wrote: »

I really do love that and agree that Guybrush should definitely look like that for the Special Edition! Do you think you'll draw a body onto that?
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really appreciate it.

Well, now it's done. Feathers in the hat, some nice sandy beach to stand on and a slimy beard that glows in the dark (the eyes also have that ability). He actually Do have skulls on his jacket, but they're hard to see on these pictures.
    But I'll take some better photos later.
    xfzrtadif.jpg

lvMTEftYU.jpg

oNPdANNlE.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    WOW, that looks epic!
    I really do love that and agree that Guybrush should definitely look like that for the Special Edition! Do you think you'll draw a body onto that?

Naah, maybe at another time. It's more of a doodle, nothing serious.
  • edited March 2010
    oNPdANNlE.jpg

Oh wow, that looks amazing! What did you use for the glow-in-the-dark bits in the beard?
  • edited March 2010
    What would you charge for one of those? Srs question.
  • edited March 2010
    I'll just post these here as well:

guy1th.jpg guy2th.jpg guy3th.jpg
    (Click images for bigger views)

I'm a little scared to start painting it... it's all so clean and white right now :)
  • edited March 2010
    <images of awesome guybrush figure>
    I'm a little scared to start painting it... it's all so clean and white right now :)

PURE. EPICNESS. End of statement.
  • edited March 2010

I hope Telltale and/or LucasArts contact you. They're crying out to be sold to us desperately hungry fans!
  • edited March 2010
    I'm hungry! I'm a fan! I'm desperate to have it!

:eek::eek::eek:

... and I'm usually not interested in (in)action figures at all!
  • edited March 2010

How? Where? What? Did you send in the 3D models like before? If so what was the price?
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, the print is based on the edited model I've used for my poster-artwork. Printing this one (at about 15cm size) was around $60, basically as much as my Sam, but since Guybrush is much thinner, I could print him taller for the same price.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.