The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited February 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Most of the people she knew or was associated with have Spanish names, so you're probably right about her being latin.

Well, 'Dante' is an Italian name, but I think that still counts as Latin...

ETA:
    Avistew wrote: »
    Are you planning on making any more of these?

I would like to try my hand at the Zombie Pirate-King DeChuck, but first I might have a shot at a Kirby Swordmaster.
  • edited February 2010
    So, because working on my comic is a pain in the backside at time, I offer you with an interlude that I did just for fun. I call it "behind the scenes". Might do more if I'm inspired.

btsbis01.png
  • edited February 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    Another Kirby! This time it's Morgan:

0004aqz1

Gooood grief, how come I find her so sexy even in kirbyesque form??

I'm slightly frightened by myself :D:p
  • edited February 2010
    GozzoMan and avistev~ another awesomenesses.

So I was in class yesterday, a friend of mine wanted me to draw Guybrush and Elaine (though he didn't know the name of Elaine so he just called her with a rather rude name feminists may find offensive). I did it, he liked it, and he just took it and leave.

I'd like to put it in here but, oh well...
  • edited February 2010
    Well if it's a friend of yours and not a random stranger, you might be able to get your hands back on the drawing to scan it or obtain a digital version of it from said friend?
  • edited February 2010
    Falanca wrote: »

So I was in class yesterday, a friend of mine wanted me to draw Guybrush and Elaine (though he didn't know the name of Elaine so he just called her with a rather rude name feminists may find offensive). I did it, he liked it, and he just took it and leave.

I'd like to put it in here but, oh well...
    Shouldn't you study in classes instead? =)
  • edited February 2010
    My Human LeChuck
    lechucksaga.jpg
  • edited February 2010
    Falanca wrote: »

Kirby Morgan is Jen Kollic's! I just quoted the photo to comment :)
  • edited February 2010
    GozzoMan wrote: »
    Kirby Morgan is Jen Kollic's! I just quoted the photo to comment :)

Ohsh~ My bad.
    Uzrname wrote: »
    Shouldn't you study in classes instead? =)

Nah, this is what they expect me to do...

• edited February 2010
    nannix wrote: »
    My Human LeChuck
    lechucksaga.jpg

I like. Was this done after or before the Tales season?
  • edited February 2010
    I like. Was this done after or before the Tales season?

During the season, between episode 4 and 5. I wished a realistic LeChuck so I removed the big skull on the hat and I modified the coat.
    This illustration is the cover of a fan-story written by one of my friends: a LeChuck's biography entitled LeChuck saga.
  • edited February 2010
    This illustration is the cover of a fan-story written by one of my friends: a LeChuck's biography entitled LeChuck saga.

Anywhere that we can find this piece of fan fiction, or is it a work in progress?
  • edited February 2010
    My Human LeChuck
    lechucksaga.jpg

Nice! He looks a good bit meaner than his Tales version, which is what I'd expect if this is LeChuck before he originally died.
  • edited February 2010
    Nice! He looks a good bit meaner than his Tales

Oh, I'm sure LeChuck could've looked very mean in Tales if he wanted. But remember, he wanted to manipulate everyone.
  • edited February 2010
    Oh, I'm sure LeChuck could've looked very mean in Tales if he wanted. But remember, he wanted to manipulate everyone.

I know, hence the voodoo beltbuckle. Maybe he'd have looked more like this without it.
  • edited February 2010
    Anywhere that we can find this piece of fan fiction, or is it a work in progress?

I'll ask to the writer ;)

unfortunately it's in italian...and it's very long!
  • edited February 2010
    One of my last posts...
    Waiting for another monkey island^^

In fact in this picture Guybrush is small but anyway...
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/057/7/5/Imagination_by_guimero64.png

:p
  • edited February 2010
    LeChuck made of earthenware. Just needs a little heat before I can add the colors.
    cnfDrEwim.jpg
  • edited February 2010
    Oh god, seeing things like this makes me think we're the best fans ever.
  • edited February 2010
    Seeing things like this makes me feel like an inadequate fan. I think I need to go carve Morgan out of cheese or something...
  • edited February 2010
    That's amazing! You're really talented, I could never get that much detail with clay.

(You want to paint it? I like it the way it is but I guess it will look great painted, too. Will you take a picture when it's cooked? I want to see the colour difference, since I don't have access to an oven to cook clay in and as a result have mostly worked with the "dries on its own" type).
  • edited February 2010
    That's amazing! You're really talented, I could never get that much detail with clay.

(You want to paint it? I like it the way it is but I guess it will look great painted, too. Will you take a picture when it's cooked? I want to see the colour difference, since I don't have access to an oven to cook clay in and as a result have mostly worked with the "dries on its own" type).

Yeah, it needs some colors. But not glaze, just good ol' acrylic paint. Some other things I'm going to add: sand on the base, feathers in the hat and some "glow in the dark" plastic clay behind the holes in the beard (for that oozing voodoo effect).

Sure I can take a photo. I use the camera to take pictures to my portfolio anyway. I've used this clay before and then it got a light red color with some yellow parts here n' there.

"I could never get that much detail with clay."
    "mostly worked with the "dries on its own" type"
    That could be the problem. I've used that sort of clay before. Sticky on the fingers but it was hard to add more pieces of clay if you didn't knead (is that the word... strange) it in.
  • edited February 2010
    That would make sense. You need to use the good stuff if you want good results, after all.

I've used acrylic to paint clay, the colour really darkened after it dried though so I ended up repainting it all with a paler tone.

I think the reason I couldn't do something like that with clay though, ore than the fact I'm using clay that's not as good, is lack of practice, experience and possibly classes or advice from other people.

My problem is that I always think "I'd love to do that" but for many things at once. And many of them require a lot of dedication and hard work, so I can't do it for every single thing, and I end up doing lots of things, but half-assed if that makes sense.

Anyways, can't wait to see more pictures at different stages, and to see what it looks like when it's done!
  • edited February 2010
    Dadel wrote: »
    LeChuck made of earthenware. Just needs a little heat before I can add the colors.
    cnfDrEwim.jpg

Oh man, that is AMAZING! It's going to look completely awesome when it's finished. How tall is it?

I'm going to take a bash at sculpting Morgan once I've got my current work out of the way, but I'd be using polymer clay instead of earthenware. (don't have a kiln) If it comes out half as awesome as your LeChuck, I'll be happy!
  • edited February 2010
    Dadel wrote: »
    LeChuck made of AWESOME.
    Fix'd. :D

np: Autechre - Yuop (Oversteps)
  • edited February 2010
    My problem is that I always think "I'd love to do that" but for many things at once. And many of them require a lot of dedication and hard work, so I can't do it for every single thing, and I end up doing lots of things, but half-assed if that makes sense.
    Lol. I got a lot of plastic bags of unfinished stuff. I melted some of that unfinished stuff down [insert pyrite parrot joke here] when LeChuck was in need of arms.
    Oh man, that is AMAZING! It's going to look completely awesome when it's finished. How tall is it?

I'm going to take a bash at sculpting Morgan once I've got my current work out of the way, but I'd be using polymer clay instead of earthenware. (don't have a kiln) If it comes out half as awesome as your LeChuck, I'll be happy!
    It's about 45cm/18inch. But it will shrink in the kiln... or explode :confused:

Cool! What kind of pose do you have in mind? Swordfight?.. Seducing? ;)

Leak wrote: »
    Fix'd. :D
    Ahhww :o

I really need to take some time looking at all the pages in this thread.
  • edited February 2010
    Not exclusively... the re-modeling, lighting and rendering of the (extracted) 3D-characters was done in 3dsmax, while everything that came after that was done with Photoshop.
    Sorry for maybe an obvious question, but how do you extract 3D models out of a/the game? :eek:
  • edited February 2010
    Voodoo.
  • edited February 2010
    I just finished reading through this entire forum, looking for inspiring artwork. So now that I'm done, I decided to post a sketch of ToMI Guybrush I made last year. Kinda tried to merge the ToMI and CMI styles, since I think the graphics of CMI are freakin' epic. ^^

Guybrush_by_Sycophantasmagoria.jpg
  • edited February 2010
    ... aaaand here's one of LeChuck I finished just a minute ago, with the outfit from CMI along with his Flaming Voodoo Cannonball.

LeChuck_w__Voodoo_Cannonball_by_Sycophantasmagoria.jpg
  • edited February 2010
    Holy buckets! That's awesome!
  • edited February 2010
    I love both of those, they truly are quite epic! I reckon they should use your Guybrush as the character design for the special edition of LeChuck's Revenge (just with different clothing).

Edit: Have you got any more? Tell me you've got more!
  • edited March 2010
    Haha, thanks a bunch. ^^ Now, even though I am a hardcore fan of the MI series, I haven't got any more completed fanart atm, but I have an unfinished Van Helgen sketch lying around somewhere that I've been meaning to colorize and complete, so I guess I'll put that up when it's done. ^^
  • edited March 2010
    I'd be really impressed if someone did something with any of the fantasy Rock band lineups I posted in Haydenwce27's supergroup thread. I'm no artist, so know better than to bother showing the artistic talents of a 5yo.
  • edited March 2010
    I love this character...

morganlefly.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    Are you working for a company? A pretty awesome one that pays you a lot? Because if not, you're missing a LOT of opportunities.

That is one heck of a great drawing. Style is wonderful, background and everything is well done. Win wan won.
  • edited March 2010
    Whoa...
  • edited March 2010
    Tnx Falanca.. Recentely I have start to work like digital colorist for a italian comic monthly "Lupo Alberto".. and in April will be avable my first grafic novel "Ugly Angel" where i have work like screenwriter, drawer an colorist.. (I hope will be valued to the people becuase I will paid only whit the percentages eheheh) If you want see more this is the link of my blog :) http://cirocangialosi.blogspot.com/
  • edited March 2010
    I have an unfinished Van Helgen sketch lying around somewhere that I've been meaning to colorize and complete, so I guess I'll put that up when it's done.

Release date? :D Just kidding
  • edited March 2010
    cirolmo> it looks wonderful. It looks like something I'd want to buy and hang on my wall. Awesome.
    I love your style and I really love the colour range, too. That was the right way to advertise for your book :P

EDIT: will be translated into French! yay!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.