The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Yeah, the print is based on the edited model I've used for my poster-artwork. Printing this one (at about 15cm size) was around $60, basically as much as my Sam, but since Guybrush is much thinner, I could print him taller for the same price.

Ooh, can we see a group photo?
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge wrote: »
    Ooh, can we see a group photo?
    Of Guybrush, Sam and Max?
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah. :D
  • edited March 2010
    Here you go:

cabth.jpg
    (Click for big)
  • edited March 2010
    You are one lucky soul! Also, I dig Mona and Froderick. :)
  • edited March 2010
    This is still a WIP because it needs a couple of ink washes and a layer of gloss lacquer, but here's my attempt at a ToMI-themed pendant.

0004ydb7
  • edited March 2010
    Jen Kollic wrote: »
    This is still a WIP because it needs a couple of ink washes and a layer of gloss lacquer, but here's my attempt at a ToMI-themed pendant.

0004ydb7

That makes me wonder what the pieces of eight will look like in the Deluxe edition of the Tales of Monkey Island DVD.
  • edited March 2010
    a4anner wrote: »
    HA. That's weird. I'm going to have to look for it. Neither myself or my partner's posted it anywhere else aside from deviantart and our blogs.
    Thanks for pointing it out

I posted it, you were credited and I linked to your blogspot :) Awesome work! Found it on google images I think. I've been off this site for a while now :O

Edit: Oh and btw

guy1.gif guy2ani.gif guy3.gif guy4.gifguy5.gif

Coming soon: cmihead.gif

Might do LeChuck... unless, someone else wants to do it XD
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge, just a quick question (or two). Did you draw your avatar? If so, do you have a deviantart?
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge, just a quick question (or two). Did you draw your avatar? If so, do you have a deviantart?

Yes and yes.
  • edited March 2010
    Spadge wrote: »
    Yes and yes.

Awesome, thanks.

Edit: I remember that 'Spinner Cay Sea Creature' pic! Didn't know it was yours though. Some great stuff in your gallery man!
  • edited March 2010
    Somebody at Deviant ask me to draw this. I'll say it, I traced the Unicorn, but, what I can do... appart of learn to draw horses =P

ToMI_RUA___The_Rider_by_Ginny_N.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    I couldn't help but be reminded of Deep Purple's 'Stormbringer' cover art.

deep.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    I couldn't help but be reminded of Deep Purple's 'Stormbringer' cover art.

Now, I wonder how you won't
  • edited March 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    I don't know if it counts as Fan Art, but this sucker took me two days, so I'll post it anyway.

CMI3D.jpg

Tales of Monkey Island eat your heart out! Thís is real 3D!!! :D
    I have 3D goggles, but the picture doesn't work with them. Too bad, but still a cool psychedelic pic. ;)

@Dadel: That sponge is freaking awesome! :D I want one, too! ;) And that LeChuck figure is simply astonishing! :eek:

@Scapetti: Nice! :)

@Laserschwert: Wow, you amaze me! :eek:
  • edited March 2010
    Dominus wrote: »
    thanks!

here's the final piece :)

2u4r98k.jpg

OUTSTANDING, i love this illustration...it looks like a offical Monkey Island Cartoon movie or something...but its very Dynamic
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Somebody at Deviant ask me to draw this. I'll say it, I traced the Unicorn, but, what I can do... appart of learn to draw horses =P

ToMI_RUA___The_Rider_by_Ginny_N.jpg

This is pure awesome, I love it!

Scapetti: any chance you could pixel-ise some of the other Tales characters, like Morgan and Winslow?

I've inked and varnished the pendant I was making, it now looks like this:

0004zry7

Going to change the silver beads for gold ones though.
  • edited March 2010
    It still looks like a cookie to me :D
  • edited March 2010
    It still looks like a cookie to me :D

MI-themed cookies, eh? Now THERE'S an idea...
  • edited March 2010
    Chocolate-chips pieces-of-eight... mmmmh.
  • edited March 2010
    Great Pendant!!!! :D
    I like it!!!
  • edited March 2010
    BeeKay84 wrote: »
    I have 3D goggles, but the picture doesn't work with them. Too bad, but still a cool psychedelic pic. ;)

well it works with mine....(red/green)
  • edited March 2010
    Scapetti: any chance you could pixel-ise some of the other Tales characters, like Morgan and Winslow?

Maybe, I'll probs do LeChuck first, and then Elaine because I can compare better with the original SMI and MI2 versions. Someone alerted me over at Mixnmojo that I forgot to do the zombie version of Guybrush D: I forgot he went through so many stages in this game!

Edit: guy5.gif
  • edited March 2010
    Scapetti wrote: »
    Maybe, I'll probs do LeChuck first, and then Elaine because I can compare better with the original SMI and MI2 versions. Someone alerted me over at Mixnmojo that I forgot to do the zombie version of Guybrush D: I forgot he went through so many stages in this game!

Yeah. And to REALLY be complete, you'd also have to do one or two more versions of increasingly "poxy" Guybrush -- including one with red eyes. :)
  • edited March 2010
    Admonisher wrote: »
    Yeah. And to REALLY be complete, you'd also have to do one or two more versions of increasingly "poxy" Guybrush -- including one with red eyes. :)

I was considering a red eyed one but I decided it was too pointless because it would just be two pixels changing :P Anyone can make their own XD
  • edited March 2010
    "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /files/2006/7/20/138016/guy5.gif on this server."

Ummm... try again?
  • edited March 2010
    I see it
  • edited March 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /files/2006/7/20/138016/guy5.gif on this server."

Ummm... try again?

That's odd... try going straight to it at http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/20/138016/guy5.gif I'm pretty sure it's working
  • edited March 2010
    I see it too.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh wow, that looks amazing! What did you use for the glow-in-the-dark bits in the beard?
    Fimo, a plastic clay (cernit?) that you can burn in an ordinary household oven. Love that glow in the dark stuff, reminds me of a T-rex skeleton I had as a child. <3
    PariahKing wrote: »
    What would you charge for one of those? Srs question.
    I have no idea. I just built it out of some clay that I got for "free" last term. And it's a few things that bother me with it that I could have done better, when I work on a piece for a long time I just focuse on the details and forget the whole "picture"... I recomend Laserschwert ;)
    I'll just post these here as well:

guy1th.jpg guy2th.jpg guy3th.jpg
    (Click images for bigger views)

I'm a little scared to start painting it... it's all so clean and white right now :)

That's wonderful. It would be nice to see it with some color but on the other hand it looks so fragile and expensive now that it's white. Great work!

I've inked and varnished the pendant I was making, it now looks like this:

0004zry7

Going to change the silver beads for gold ones though.

Cool. What's the size of that thing?
    Edit: Saw the coin on the other page. And I think I know the size of a penny.
    I see it and it looks awesome. Like the dark pixels under the eyes.

Now, I've got a cernit parrot to spray varnish :D
    "*Squawk* It's me, Guybrush Threepwood Mighty Pirate™"
    Shut up, you!
  • edited March 2010
    A few nights ago I had a weird dream about monkey island. I guess shortly after the event of Tales, Guybrush manages to finally defeats LeChuck and finds out something like the Secret of Monkey Island or something weird like that and he and Elaine became immortal. Fast forward to the early 20th century and the couple I guess finally have a baby girl. I guess due to the special circumstance of them being immortal, the girl has magical worth. The Mafia finds out about this and kidnaps Elaine. As it turns out the Mafia finds out there's one thing that can kill the two, and so they hold her up for ransom. They give Guybrush an ultimatum: hand over the girl, and they'll release Elaine, or come forward to watch Elaine die then die himself. And if he tries to run away, they'll kill all three of them.

And then the dream ended.

I liked the outfits they were wearing in the dream, so I drew it. Here's the rough pic.

Untitled-1.jpg
  • edited March 2010
    I smell a potential fanfic, and a dang good one it sounds like
  • edited March 2010
    That would be a really weird fanfic.
  • edited March 2010
    Giant Tope, any chance you've been marathoning Baccano! lately? ;)

On a related note, I considered doing a series of "Let's recast everyone in Monkey Island as A Christmas Carol characters!" illustrations a while back. (Hey, if Steve Purcell can get away with it, why the heck not?). I might still get around to doing it once it gets closer to the holidays -- partly because I would love a good excuse to draw them all in English, mid-18th Century clothing.
  • edited March 2010
    Giant Tope, any chance you've been marathoning Baccano! lately? ;)

Is it weird that this is the very first thing I thought of?
  • edited March 2010
    Is it weird that this is the very first thing I thought of?

When there aren't too many gigs in town which combine immortality, the mafia, and Prohibition Era shenanigans -- nah, not too weird at all.

... Oh, and because I want the earworm resulting from this tangent to infect the rest of the forums, everyone must watch this.
  • edited March 2010
    That sounds like a really neat dream. And I like how they look in your drawing, too.
  • edited March 2010
    Giant Tope, any chance you've been marathoning Baccano! lately? ;).

Actually no. That's weird now that I think about it.
  • edited March 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    And then the dream ended.
    Love the story and the illustration, Guybrush looks great in hat. But I would hate to see that dream come true. The immortality, sure. The mafia, go ahead (insult gunfight?). A kid, no! That's often a bad sign for any sequel. :rolleyes:

My Cernit Parrot of Gothenburg.
    Notice the string from the back of it's head.
    It's about 37 cm / 14.6 inch from tailfeather to forehead.
    No "knock knock" jokes, please. :(

AvkVaUDTn.jpg
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Holy crap!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.