What did you do to the thief?

Comments

• edited December 2014

The man only wanted to protect his family and because of all our lost in the betrayal attack he had good reasons to fear the ennemis.So I've showed mercy.

• Sent him to the Wall. It punishes him for his crime, sets an example for the rest, and also spares his life. "But his family needs him!" Well, then he shouldn't have stolen from the lord and shouted doom in front of everybody.

• By bitch, I assume you mean 'Plot' and 'Seek revenge' against Gared. I fully expect him to be an obstacle in the future, though I sent him to the wall, because it seemed like the most appropriate choice... maybe I should have taken his fingers though, Talia and Ryon seemed to think so.

• edited December 2014

REMOVE THINE PHALANGES PEASANT!!!

• I was actually surprised when I was given the option to cut the fingers myself, and I leaped into it. It was harsh sure, but dear old Dad did it, and people already knew what happened when you committed the crime, so I thought it was reasonable, especially in a time where stealing food and weapons really does make all the difference, and such a crime was also harshly punished in the American old west era. I also figure that Forrester takes after Stark in that the judge must carry out the sentence. I also like that principle a lot.

• That doesn't make sense at all.

Remember Dareon coud've lost his fingers for trying to abuse that pedo, or, go to the Wall. Thats the rule.

No, he will be automatically sent to the Wall, if you chopped off his fingers.

• edited December 2014

(i think royland keeps hitting the man because he was WAY so disrespectful to ethans face+ having no shame in stealing and making a statement that this house will fall and all should run...)

Its game of thrones, not real life. so yeah imagine if joffery/Ned/Robb/Robert/ramsey was in ethans place? they(joffery+ramsey) would have tortured him!! and also Ned stark chopped this guy head in episode 1 just because he was a traitor. so yeah.. royland was not wrong! and that man was so disrespectful to ethan that its a joke!! you cant talk to a Lord like that! if this was Ned or anyone else even Robb stark would have chopped that man heads of!

the mercy option was not for me, i sent him to the wall, just because i knew ethan have a kind heart, and he has his own judegment, not just follows daddys thing by chopping every theifs fingers! so i think sending him to the wall is a great middle solution, since showing him MERCY would mean that ethans has no personality and his people will abandon him when all things fall out

Choombi posted: »

true enough, but he hit him after every single thing a said, to that he had no right.

• edited December 2014

Sent him to the Wall. I didn't want people to think thievery would go unpunished but I didn't want to be harsh for someone just trying to help his family.

• edited December 2014

Would anyone care to give me a really brief, simple explanation of what is so bad about going to the Wall? The Wiki didn't really give me an idea.
    (Haven't watched the show or read the books, which is why I have no idea)

• You're there for your life serving to protect the wall from whats North of it. Not allowed to get married, or have sex either if I remember, although that doesn't stop most of them going to a brothel.

Belan posted: »

Would anyone care to give me a really brief, simple explanation of what is so bad about going to the Wall? The Wiki didn't really give me an idea. (Haven't watched the show or read the books, which is why I have no idea)

• edited December 2014

the wall is full of thieves/murderers/rapist. they chose the wall because they dont want to die or get tortured so they send them there... the wall is a mysteries place, beyond the wall there is what you call ''the dead'' or wildlings. and if you go to the wall you make an oath, which you CANT get married or touch a women or have a child... you are surrounded by men who devote their lives to guard the wall etc...
    the wall will be your ONLY home.

so its a bad place. meaning you will die protecting it without having a ''family''... i think you know what i mean LOL..
    thats why its a punishment, you will die having nothing to leave behind... not touching a women or having a child etc...

Would anyone care to give me a really brief, simple explanation of what is so bad about going to the Wall? The Wiki didn't really give me an idea. (Haven't watched the show or read the books, which is why I have no idea)

• You swear an oath that you willhold no lands, win no glory, wear no crowns, hold no titles, father no children. You are there for life, it is not just criminals though. It used to be an honor to join the watch, and still is to some houses ( the northern ones especially) , but over the years the watch has gotten poorer and the honor has become less, so they usually recieve more prisoners than knights. It is a place where you can rise high through merit not just birth, but it is a hard place.

• I stuck a sword up his ass.

• edited December 2014

I showed him mercy, he was doing it for his family.

• I chose to cut his fingers off. I didn't want to send him to The Wall as that would be absolutely horrible, but I still felt he needed some sort of punishment. He kind of made me angry by yelling that my household was doomed. And then he gets sent to The Wall anyway...

• edited December 2014

I sent him to the wall..ooh he's going to hate it there.

• I am sure that he wasn't send to the wall if you cut his fingers.

I chose to cut his fingers off. I didn't want to send him to The Wall as that would be absolutely horrible, but I still felt he needed some

• I was thinking about Eddard Stark's word when I made my judgement. The man who passes the sentence must swing the sword.

I also liked that Ethan often shifted from being a serious lord and a young boy. You can see it plain in his facial expression and how much it affects him.

Hbh128 posted: »

I was actually surprised when I was given the option to cut the fingers myself, and I leaped into it. It was harsh sure, but dear old Dad di

• It played out strangely for me. It kind of skipped and played the whole thing with him going to the wall. Never has happened to me before.

I am sure that he wasn't send to the wall if you cut his fingers.

• I did as well, although I kind of felt like he would've been better if he had gone to the wall since House Forrester is practically under siege.

Showed mercy.

• I did the same

OzzyUK posted: »

I sent him to the wall. Even before i got the choice i was hoping to be able to punish him with labor but the wall was the next best thing.

• Nothing, if you can see the bright side. Once an honorable institution, it was a great honor to serve in the Night Watch, many mighty knights and lords spent their lives there.

• I went Stannis on him, and did it myself, northern style.

• Hm, I didn't really remember because of all that shit that happened with Ethan. So I kinda forgot.

That doesn't make sense at all. Remember Dareon coud've lost his fingers for trying to abuse that pedo, or, go to the Wall. Thats the rule.

• My Ethan was too decisive to not cut his fingers. I needed a strong leader to keep the house together, but he dies anyways so what

I went Stannis on him, and did it myself, northern style.

• Mercy, the wall is the most brutal one, what should his family do then.

• Showed mercy; I gathered the atmosphere needed some calming down, but it was a tough decision. Came very close to at least the Wall with what the thief was saying in front of everyone. I doubt I'll do that again in subsequent playthroughs.

• edited December 2014

Now that I know what all entails with sending someone to the wall, I honestly think all the choices kind of suck. Tearing him away from his family for the rest of his life is incredibly harsh, both for him personally as well as for his family. I think taking off a few of his fingers would have been more merciful, but even that seems really harsh to me given the circumstances. Then again, letting the guy get off without any sort of punishment at all is just counter productive.

I guess desertion is a somewhat serious offense and all... but still.

• I was thinking of letting him go...but when he ranted on how House Forrester was doomed and he had a family, so it was "ok" to steal from your lord to provide for them. It just made me think "you disloyal little...." and I then settled on the fact that he had to go to the wall and be "forced" to show loyalty to the Nights Watch or die.

If there is one thing I can't reward it's disloyalty, you have a family? Fine, you were just trying to provide for them? Fine, but then talk about how my family and house are doomed? You would be very lucky to leave my keep alive if at all...

• I let him go. I know, I'm too nice for Westreos. The Wall was a close second choice because I agreed with Duncan about not making the situation worse.

• I sent him to the wall, I want to see if he'll feature in the next episode at the wall or not... plus I think it was the fairest option. The GoT universe is harsh, and harsh decisions need to be made sometimes, especially when trying to gain respect as a young Lord.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2014

I cut the thief's fingers off. I wanted to be stern/tough and follow the old Lord's ways, and I also viewed it as more merciful than the Wall since he still got to stay with his family.

• Sent him to the wall. A necessary decision in my mind.

• Me Too!

I chopped his fingers and carried out the sentence myself. Just like Ned would have :P.

• He was the one set to guard their armory, the one who was supposed to be preventing theft of weapons and armor. And then he stole said weapons and was going to desert. Was he going to take his 6 kids and live in the wolfswood? I doubt it. I think he is one of the traitors who were to open the gates for ramsey and the whitehills. So, punishment is warrented either way in my opinion.

I cut his fingers off.

Now that I know what all entails with sending someone to the wall, I honestly think all the choices kind of suck. Tearing him away from his

• I think punishment is warranted as well, which is why I had said that I did not like any of the options (including letting him off without any punishment at all). I'm all for punishing the guy, but I wish there was a less severe punishment to dish out to him.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

He was the one set to guard their armory, the one who was supposed to be preventing theft of weapons and armor. And then he stole said weapo

• Something like throw him in the dungeons to question and punish at your leisure? I could get behind that

I think punishment is warranted as well, which is why I had said that I did not like any of the options (including letting him off without a

• Show mercy

• Cut his fingers off.

• I sent him to the wall, I thought he should be punished but given the atmosphere getting a negative voice out of the land was best. If I chopped off his fingers he would be a walking reminder of cruelty. Plus he was already a lost cause, stealing the weapons would not have protected a family of six. I also thought that Gared had just went to the wall. I don't think Ethan could handle knowing the wall was a cesspool, he had to believe there was some hope or Gared was sentenced to hell. So the wall was a legitimate solution for me:

The Wall

1-Get rid of a trouble maker

2-Avoid shedding blood

3-Punish disloyalty

Choppin off the Fingers

1-Trouble maker still in the village (now hating the Forrester Lord)

2-The violence was performed in from of many witnesses who empahtised with the thief

3-Disloyalty punished

Letting him go

1-Trouble maker still in the village

2-Blood shed avoided

3-Disloyalty unpunished.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.