What did you do to the thief?

13»

Comments

• Gregor used to cut the thieves' fingers and was known as Gregor, the good.

Punishing him harshly was the best to be done, or people will think you're too weak and young to be lord.

Nikeswish posted: »

I sent him to the wall, I thought he should be punished but given the atmosphere getting a negative voice out of the land was best. If I ch

• I almost showed mercy...but no, he was a thief and he stole from the House during a time when we could least afford it. So I sent Erik to the Wall, I just hope that doesn't cause extra conflict for Gared - still, I would make the same choice again

• The Wall IS a harsh punishment.

Gregor used to cut the thieves' fingers and was known as Gregor, the good. Punishing him harshly was the best to be done, or people will think you're too weak and young to be lord.

• I cut his finger because letting him go is a big no to me and send him to the Wall is just too harsh.

• You arent entirely wrong. Its like a prison work camp in a way.
    You try and flee and you die, whether you volunteered or were sent as punishment.

• edited December 2014

Well, in a way, it is a prison. Criminals who are sent to the Wall are going to stay there for the rest of their life. So yeah, if you compare it to cutting fingers, I think fingers is a cheap price.

• I agree, i cut his fingers off. It was the punishment my father had decreed for that crime and i figured that was good enuf for me.
    I did feel bad about his starving family though, and wished i could have at least fed them.

Well, in a way, it is a prison. Criminals who are sent to the Wall are going to stay there for the rest of their life. So yeah, if you compare it to cutting fingers, I think fingers is a cheap price.

• Yeah. But Westeros and especially the North is very harsh. You can't save everyone and House Forrester is also lacking in food supplies as well. At least the thief can still be with his family and help whenever he can.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

I agree, i cut his fingers off. It was the punishment my father had decreed for that crime and i figured that was good enuf for me. I did feel bad about his starving family though, and wished i could have at least fed them.

• Thats true about the food. Everyone in the north will be starving soon i guess.

Yeah. But Westeros and especially the North is very harsh. You can't save everyone and House Forrester is also lacking in food supplies as well. At least the thief can still be with his family and help whenever he can.

• Especially when Winter finally comes. That's where things gets dark.

Arya_Stupid posted: »

Thats true about the food. Everyone in the north will be starving soon i guess.

• Chopped his fingers off. He said he needed to be there to be able to help his family so I didn't want to send him to the wall but I wanted to make clear that no one goes unpunished for crimes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.