Fifth protaganist?

Who will it be?

So I know ethan is dead but I still feel there will only ever be five overall

• Gared
  • Mira
  • Asher

They are confirmed given the next episode slide but that still leaves one more.

For me I'd say Talia, while her Mother could work or somehow Rodrik isnt dead (unlikely) Talia seems the best option especially as we need an ironrath POV and with Ethan sacrificing himself for her I feel she could work well.

Comments

• The shadowy figure doesn't seem to fit Talia, unfortunately. Rodrik, if he survived, is a possibility though.

• Im not judging anything off that to be honest, its a figure or placeholder. For me I dont see how that scene between talia and her mom on the next time can be there if we dont play as either

Rob_K posted: »

The shadowy figure doesn't seem to fit Talia, unfortunately. Rodrik, if he survived, is a possibility though.

• I think itd be easier to predict this via which major character we will interact with.

Mira will give us the entire Lannister family eventually.
    Gerad will give us the Nightswatch and Wildlings.
    Asher will most likely give us Daenerys and her army.

So I think there would be a character inside Dragonstone so we could meet Stannis, Davos and The Red Lady, and one more whos likely to be a traveling character and meet all the stragglers like Arya/Hound/Bran/Hodor/Rickon and so on.

• That I don't get either. There are a few explanations in my opinion:

1) Asher arrives at ironrath in episode 2, which I doubt.

2) Talia, her mother or Roddrik is there.

For me, discounting the shadowy figure not looking like Talia, I don't think it's her or her mother for the simple fact that they've had some dialog/scenes already. Same with the other possible characters who are in Ironrath.

Of course, them having scenes/dialog already doesn't mean we can't control them. It's just that I feel it makes more sense to go with a character whose personality we haven't seen snatches of yet. As Rodrik hasn't said a word, he'd fit the role nicely. That said, I'm honestly wondering how he would have survived. So, if he hasn't survived, my money is on an unknown character at the minute.

Im not judging anything off that to be honest, its a figure or placeholder. For me I dont see how that scene between talia and her mom on the next time can be there if we dont play as either

• It isn't Talia. And @Firewallcano I am betting the shadow figure is more than a placeholder. Too much detail to not be and that hair looks exactly like Rodrik's hair

Also am I the only one who thought Rodrik was still alive when the horse fell on him? I kept wondering why Gared didn't try to move the horse off of him...looks like they were setting up something bigger now

Forgive me I took this screenshot on someone else's crappy PC...

Alt text

I decided to do a little Rodrik mock up too. Look at the shadow's hair

Alt text

• edited December 2014

It's TWD all over again. Some people speculated that Eddie might return judging by the silhouette in "Amid the Ruins".
    No signs of Eddie whatsoever, anyways not the safest way of judging.

Though, I must admit the whole 'Rodrik is dead' thing.. Not buying it, so it might as well be him.

• It is Rodrik, he isn't dead. He probably will appear in Episode 4 or 5 when nearly every hope is gone and then the Forresters will rise out of the ruins of Ironrath. (Ironrath probably gets destroyed or something within the story)

• I was just making this comparison! Thanks for taking it to the next step. I peed my pants a little when that piece of hair matched. The armor is pretty spot on as well.

Let's say it is Rodrick. Where do you think his scene opens? Was he taken by the silent sisters? Is he being piled in a mass grave? Did he escape and receive aid from small folk?

beguiler posted: »

It isn't Talia. And @Firewallcano I am betting the shadow figure is more than a placeholder. Too much detail to not be and that hair looks e

• I think it will be Talia. She's a good choice and we need some sort of eyes and ears at Ironrath lol.

• I agree with @SimDerKing I think he will appear later in the season. We need an episode or 2 to fall in love with playing as Asher thinking he is the only hope for the Forresters. As for where he's been that is very interesting...Maybe the crannogmen helped him??

BenGajus posted: »

I was just making this comparison! Thanks for taking it to the next step. I peed my pants a little when that piece of hair matched. The armo

• edited December 2014

I'll be annoyed as hell if it's rodrik, i'm pretty sure he's dead, even if the horse didn't kill him the frey soldiers probably confirmed kill or burned the corpses or some such, besides, dark silhouttes aren't reliable, the one in the amid the ruins picture was pretty much confirmed to be vince, yet he's nowhere to be seen.

Other than that, the fifth POV has to be someone who is currently at Ironrath, so the options are....well, everyone at ironrath, i personally hope it's talia and think it will be duncan.

Edit:Eddard bought me, i'm changing who i think will be the fifth one to Elissa, who's also second on the "who i hope" list.

• I seriously doubt it is Duncan--or Royland for that matter.

A) Royland and Duncan both already have predefined personalities. Royland is reckless and Duncan is wise and calculates everything. It wouldn't make sense if they became PCs because then you could change and morph them into whatever you wanted them to be.

B) One of them is trying to make a power play in the next episode, or at least it appears that way in the trailer. That person is whoever you made sentinel while playing as Ethan.

The only way I can see you playing as either of them is if you play as whichever one becomes Sentinel, but even then...

I think it'll be Lady Elissa that we end up playing as. She just fits imho, and as everyone is already stating, we need someone at Ironrath.

Choombi posted: »

I'll be annoyed as hell if it's rodrik, i'm pretty sure he's dead, even if the horse didn't kill him the frey soldiers probably confirmed ki

• I think it might just be a placeholder for now, Telltale has been known to use previously dead characters as silhouettes in episode slides such as TWD S2 "Amid The Ruins".

It isn't Talia. And @Firewallcano I am betting the shadow figure is more than a placeholder. Too much detail to not be and that hair looks e

• yeah, the thing about them two already having personalities is pretty true, but there is the thing about the north grove, and as far as we know Duncan is the only one who knows what the hell the north grove is...i guess we'll get to know more about it from Gared, Duncan really seemed like he expects to see him again.

I seriously doubt it is Duncan--or Royland for that matter. A) Royland and Duncan both already have predefined personalities. Royland is

• Poor Eddie.

Green613 posted: »

I think it might just be a placeholder for now, Telltale has been known to use previously dead characters as silhouettes in episode slides such as TWD S2 "Amid The Ruins".

• edited December 2014

to be fair, at the time they decided how would the pictures for each episode would look like, Eddie being in episode 4 was part of the plan, they changed it mid-writing and just didn't want to change the picture because the game was already out.

I think it might just be a placeholder for now, Telltale has been known to use previously dead characters as silhouettes in episode slides such as TWD S2 "Amid The Ruins".

• I think we will be experiencing the North Grove plot through the PC of Gared, assuming we experience it at all. The fact that Duncan tells Gared; "become a Ranger, it will help," and that he will need Gared's help just gives me that vibe.

yeah, the thing about them two already having personalities is pretty true, but there is the thing about the north grove, and as far as we k

• I was actually talking about Carley and Doug, but yeah poor Eddie :[

fallandir posted: »

Poor Eddie.

• See my comment above :P

to be fair, at the time they decided how would the pictures for each episode would look like, Eddie being in episode 4 was part of the plan, they changed it mid-writing and just didn't want to change the picture because the game was already out.

• Poor everyone :<

I was actually talking about Carley and Doug, but yeah poor Eddie :[

• R.I.P. ;_;

fallandir posted: »

Poor everyone :<

• edited December 2014

Malcolm Branfield guys!

Edit: After looking at Rodrik more closely in the game, I think it might actually be him. Oh snap... I can already smell the brothers-fighting-over-lordship trope!

• It definitley looks more like Maclolm Branfield to me. Maybe we first have to find Asher as him, before then taking over Asher.

Plus, Rodrik is dead for sure. I mean, it looks like the horse squished his intestines, and he was unconcious or already dead. Either way, a Frey soldier immediatley moves up to Rodrik and probably stabs him again to be sure he's dead.

Rodrik is definitley dead, if he isn't that would go against all Telltale and GoT logic.

• edited December 2014

I'm also thinking it will be Talia, since Ethan has died, and it would make sense that his twin fill his spot as playable character, and we do need a POV from Ironrath. Also I did notice her subtitle colour was white/off-white, which is usually the colour playable protagonists have... it could just be a coincidence, but you never know.

Elissa could also work, but I have a feeling she will die pretty soon knowing how the world of GoT works, and if Rodrik isn't dead, I guess he could work too.

• I am sort of hoping more for a Brothers united to burn down the Whitehills and murder every last stinking one of them.

Episode left me in a vengeful mood.

ninoobz posted: »

Malcolm Branfield guys! Edit: After looking at Rodrik more closely in the game, I think it might actually be him. Oh snap... I can already smell the brothers-fighting-over-lordship trope!

• edited December 2014

edit: I'm dumb, ignore this

• Sentinal. You'd play as your Sentinal most likely since girls can't rule (sorry, but even Cersei couldn't rule without Joeffry being King first) and all the boys of House Forrester are dead, taken or missing.

Just my thought, but I really don't see any of the girls being in power of House Forrester unless all the men/boys are killed.

Rob_K posted: »

That I don't get either. There are a few explanations in my opinion: 1) Asher arrives at ironrath in episode 2, which I doubt. 2) Tali

• I don't think we'll play as the sentinel. No doubt they're going to be taking control of the house, and I think that would make the choice of Duncan or Royland mean something if you picked how you wanted Ethan to rule in them, and they carried out what Ethan would have wanted in the house.

Barthanax posted: »

Sentinal. You'd play as your Sentinal most likely since girls can't rule (sorry, but even Cersei couldn't rule without Joeffry being King fi

• I really hope it's not a Forrester to be honest. We've already playing as 3 of them. Then it will just have been "Game of Thrones: Controlling most of the Forrester family...and Gared..." For some reason, the silhouette reminds me of someone from Assassin's creed lol. It's probably just because of the hood :P. I think it would be cool if there was a character like though, like some hermit archer who lived in the ironwood forest maybe. Could be a sort of robin hood character.

• Maybe Norren saved him? He gave Gregor and Gared time to escape, perhaps he went back to confirm Rodrik's death.

Either that or Rodrik played dead and waited for the Freys to clear out before freeing himself.

I was just making this comparison! Thanks for taking it to the next step. I peed my pants a little when that piece of hair matched. The armo

• Good Call on Norren possibly! But I'm pretty sure Greg the Good is donezo. It would be great to see Noren ridding a horse carrying Rodrick on its back next episode.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Maybe Norren saved him? He gave Gregor and Gared time to escape, perhaps he went back to confirm Rodrik's death. Either that or Rodrik played dead and waited for the Freys to clear out before freeing himself.

• Tis a solid point.

I seriously doubt it is Duncan--or Royland for that matter. A) Royland and Duncan both already have predefined personalities. Royland is

• edited December 2014

I think Nonoobz idea will happen then yours Duruial.

Wait, I lied. I think Asher gives zero fucks about lordship. But they will have some bickering to do. If Roddy is alive that is.

ninoobz posted: »

Malcolm Branfield guys! Edit: After looking at Rodrik more closely in the game, I think it might actually be him. Oh snap... I can already smell the brothers-fighting-over-lordship trope!

• Or perhaps he was just taken captive at the twins like Edmure and the Greatjon were and has been released for whatever reason.

Maybe Norren saved him? He gave Gregor and Gared time to escape, perhaps he went back to confirm Rodrik's death. Either that or Rodrik played dead and waited for the Freys to clear out before freeing himself.

• I was thinking about Ryon. As I see it, the key to end Forresters problems is the return of Asher. He loved daughter of lord Whitehill. Their romance would end the conflict. Maybe Whitehills aren't that bad. Playing as Ryon, who is now with them, would give us a chance to see that.

• Yeah, Gregor gets stabbed through the chest - no getting up from that.

Good Call on Norren possibly! But I'm pretty sure Greg the Good is donezo. It would be great to see Noren ridding a horse carrying Rodrick on its back next episode.

• Alt text

Hopefully you're right and we don't get a repeat of this.

• Hopefully we won't get a repeat of Amid The Ruins in general.

Churned posted: »

Hopefully you're right and we don't get a repeat of this.

• In your opinion, some people thought it was a great episode (like me).

Hopefully we won't get a repeat of Amid The Ruins in general.

• I think that it's probably not Malcolm just because you can keep him in Ironrath (at least temporarily) and, knowing TTG, they probably wouldn't do divergent routes like that. I kind of imagine that the Frey soldier was going to attack Gared but then he didn't. So, I don't have an argument for that...

It definitley looks more like Maclolm Branfield to me. Maybe we first have to find Asher as him, before then taking over Asher. Plus, Rod

Sign in to comment in this discussion.