Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• I don't get the it's a new cast reasoning for people to ditch this game. Max and Chloe's story is over and there is no need to continue on with them for more than one game and i'm glad that Dontnod seems to think that, too.

I haven't played BtS yet, but my complete lack of interest in that game kinda shows how unnecessery it feels. Though, it didn't help that it focused on one of my least favorite characters, so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Life is Strange 2 started much stronger than the first game. The first game started okay, but got stronger all the way through episode 4 - with some hiccups here and there - only to spectacularly fail to stick the landing in the end.

Life is Strange 2 started with an episode that is really good from the get go. If it grows over time similar to the first game, it will surpass it easily by episode two or three. I just hope they can stick the landing this time....

I saw yesterday, that the amount of players for LiS2 is about 1/4th of the playerbase BtS had on launchday, which is sad. But there are some reasons for that.

1. The price-tag. 40€ for the season. That's double the amount of money for both LiS1 and BtS. I think it's actually worth that price, but a lot of people aren't sure just yet.
    2. The time of release. BtS first premiered in august 2017 and LiS1 in january 2015. LiS2, however, in october. One of the most packed months in gaming. Releasing it with Shadow of the Tomb Raider was a pretty dumb move by Square Enix.
    3. Most people will wait until it's finished, especially after the situation with Telltale. Can't blame them.
  • Episode 2 release date ? I think it will be November or December because there's snow in episode 2 teaser

• I have not played anything of LiS2, and I don't think I will for a while as a. the price scares me and b. I think opinions are a bit split on this first episode, so I'd rather wait and see if this is all worth it.

What I have seen though, is the opening song.
    Again, Dontnod finds some great tunes. I don't know how these French guys do it.

Lisztomania - Phoenix

• I heard this soooo many years ago in a movie, I think it was in Nancy Drew. But yeah, it's a really good song.

AChicken posted: »

I have not played anything of LiS2, and I don't think I will for a while as a. the price scares me and b. I think opinions are a bit split o

• The prices for BTS and lis have dropped over time, I remember paying £20 for lis season pass which covers eps 2-4, 1 was sold separately for £5, I think. Plus the market has changed over 4 years so the price difference is expected. let's hope dontnod treat their staff well with paid overtime and stuff.

GSSalvador posted: »

I don't get the it's a new cast reasoning for people to ditch this game. Max and Chloe's story is over and there is no need to continue on w

• So is LiS 2 Ep 1 good? Is it on the level of Season 1 of TWD or Season 2 or ANF level?

• It is beyond all 3 combined?

NexusFire posted: »

So is LiS 2 Ep 1 good? Is it on the level of Season 1 of TWD or Season 2 or ANF level?

• No offense.. but I'd rather listen to someone who knows what a good written story is :D

Dex-Starr posted: »

It is beyond all 3 combined?

• ...how....how dare you? BEGONE

No offense.. but I'd rather listen to someone who knows what a good written story is

• edited September 2018

Nah.. I'm waiting for someone smart which you are clearly not to answer my question. So I'm not going anywhere. DEAL WITH IT B) :D

...how....how dare you? BEGONE

• Okay... I'm downloading it. Will see if it's as good as you're telling me.

It is beyond all 3 combined?

• It's only one episode, but I think it's a much better first episode than LiS1 and ANF. It's hard to compare it to other games that are so different to it.

If you liked LiS1, you will like LiS2. If you thought LiS1 was horribly written, you might enjoy LiS2 more, because the writing was actually improved.

So is LiS 2 Ep 1 good? Is it on the level of Season 1 of TWD or Season 2 or ANF level?

• I'd say Season 1 level. Some dumb crap happens but it's LiS. It's about walking on train-tracks to have good moments. It's about spending 5 minutes to set the scene. It's about that acousitc guitar. I think you'll enjoy it though.

• edited September 2018

• So I finished it... and it was pretty good.

• Eh, it was a really simple storyline and had too slow pacing, and Sean's actions/dialogue are pretty dumb, e.g Sean when you don't even steal anything, there is no way to not respond to Lyla but keep the phone. But perhaps the biggest problem is the catalyst for the premise. The writers could've been more creative with that, I don't really see it as a jailable offence when they are not actually wrong. There is no evidence that Sean or Daniel have killed anyone, and it's injudicious to assume that just because 'hurr durr prejudice political' Sean and Daniel are innocent till proven guilty. It's such a half-witted opener, just like with the first game.

Nonetheless, Life is strange is Life is strange. And you bought Life is strange so you're getting Life is strange.

So I finished it... and it was pretty good.

• edited September 2018

“Life is strange is Life is strange. And you bought Life is strange so you're getting Life is strange”

Exactly, so with knowing what I'm playing, I wasn't really suprised or disappointed when I hard some meh writing or cringy dialogue.. and honestly it wasn't that bad compared to LiS 1 or BTS.

Ghetsis posted: »

Eh, it was a really simple storyline and had too slow pacing, and Sean's actions/dialogue are pretty dumb, e.g Sean when you don't even ste

• Yeah, LiS 2 is a massive improvement. I'm looking forward to seeing how the brothers get to Puerto Lobos when they need to take a plane. And if Daniel will be able to control his powers, that could lead to some pretty interesting choices. 'Use your powers wisely and not greedily' and all that.

“Life is strange is Life is strange. And you bought Life is strange so you're getting Life is strange” Exactly, so with knowing what I'm

• What if we need to kill Daniel like with Lenny in Of Mice and Men? Different circumstance and situation though. What Daniel and Sean have is the most important thing, and it could be heartbreaking if one of the brothers needs to die to let the other live normally.

• Nah, everything will be allright.
    Max lived in Seattle for a while and was into skater boys. Surely she took some pics of Sean.
    All she has to do is zap back for a minute and make everything worse fix everything.

• And damn was this episode long. It took me literally 4 HOURS to beat it! That's crazy!

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah, LiS 2 is a massive improvement. I'm looking forward to seeing how the brothers get to Puerto Lobos when they need to take a plane. And

• You will feel the wrath of my scorn for such insolence

Nah.. I'm waiting for someone smart which you are clearly not to answer my question. So I'm not going anywhere. DEAL WITH IT

• Can't wait :) >:) ;)

You will feel the wrath of my scorn for such insolence

• I found season 1 as just sorta decent. Its actually pretty great and much better than the slow crawl that was season 1's premiere. Hard to compare in walking dead levels but its super solid. and long too.

• Yeah I played it. It was great.

I found season 1 as just sorta decent. Its actually pretty great and much better than the slow crawl that was season 1's premiere. Hard to compare in walking dead levels but its super solid. and long too.

• Following is meant in context of the game and stuff.

If you are confused why some characters treat you unfairly like gas station guy being overly hostile and assuming you stole and not wanting to believe what you say? That is where element known as "racism" comes in.

A lot of developers shy away from this stuff but it's one of central elements of this season. I think supernatural power element kind of undermines it though and it would be odd if it was five episodes of running.

Since protagonist and his brother look like Mexicans, it kind of makes sense why they don't expect to be treated fairly by the legal system.

Being hunted by police doesn't help their case either with those that recognize them, with some exceptions.

• Since protagonist and his brother look like Mexicans

"look like" :D ? They are Mexican.

Clord posted: »

Following is meant in context of the game and stuff. (Spoiler)

• edited September 2018

the first episode of LiS2 >>>>>>> the first episode of LiS1
    Soooo much better!

• To be honest I think season 1 was more subtle and nuanced, and that game wasn't always incredibly subtle to begin with.

• edited October 2018

From a game design point of view I find it kind of odd that they didn´t give Sean a better special ability.
    Max had her time rewind and Chloe had her backtalk.
    Sean can look at his little brother and call out to him, which compared to the previous games is a pretty lame ability to play around with.

Do you think they are going to evolve it in future episodes, or atleast find creative gameplay uses for it?

• So when you draw a sketch you can focus in multiple times and build the drawing up until it actually looks like the scene... I didn't realise this.

• mfw LiS2 gets 82% on Metacritic, while TFS gets 68%

• Yeah, that's odd but review-summary sites like metacritic or opencritic are garbage.

Everything related to grades/ratings is garbage.

mfw LiS2 gets 82% on Metacritic, while TFS gets 68%

• It's the reason the critics give as well. "Telltale TFS feels like it's going through the same formula as every other Telltale game." Despite it completely changing everything from the ground up.

And then they praise LiS2 for doing exactly what they criticise Telltale for. There's a clear bias going on here. LiS2 is more of copy of the first game, than TFS is a copy of anything Telltale related.

At least the user rating's reflect more what I would've rated the episodes. That being a 6 for LiS2 and a 8.5 for TFS.

GSSalvador posted: »

Yeah, that's odd but review-summary sites like metacritic or opencritic are garbage. Everything related to grades/ratings is garbage.

• YEAH BABY! LET’S GO!!! WOO WOO WOO WOO

mfw LiS2 gets 82% on Metacritic, while TFS gets 68%

• Sean did say that he and Daniel are the wolf brothers. And lo and behold...

Made by artemisplum

Made by javierdf

• Well i prefer LIS 2 to TFS anyway. Much more enjoyable story, characters, music, plenty of gameplay and the episode length of that first episode is exactly how it should be. Lengthy. I did enjoy TFS though

It's the reason the critics give as well. "Telltale TFS feels like it's going through the same formula as every other Telltale game." Despit

• I disagree but sure

JawaEater posted: »

To be honest I think season 1 was more subtle and nuanced, and that game wasn't always incredibly subtle to begin with.

• Oh i completely disagree with that. Dontnod will know exactly what direction they are taking this game. It’s really good so far. You should play it than watch it. I am enjoying it a lot more than TFS so far

hemfbg posted: »

I gave Life is Strange 2 a watch. I’m too confused to be angry about the premiere in any way but it’s just… nothing works. (Spoiler) D

• Did anyone else get teary eyed when the LIS 1 credits music came on after Brody and Sean got back in the car and left the Arcadia Bay area? I did!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.