Telltale and Mojang Developing 'Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series' for 2015

13»

Comments

• well its ur opinion and i understand we dont all like the same game so fair enough dude

OrangeCrush posted: »

I don't need screenshots or sneak peeks to know that I will have zero interest in this game. To each their own. If your excited for a Minecr

• Oh, this is just a TERRIBLE idea.

• We get minecraft but no Korra... Ugh

• Damn. I guess the glory days of Lucas Arts style adventure games like Sam and Max and Monkey Island really are over. I mean, I liked TWAU but it was a bit too 'multiple paths' and not enough 'puzzle' for me, and I really like the Sam and Max series and season 3 was my favourite, I had high hopes for season 4.

I don't begrudge liscencing other games or experimenting with no things, but when BTTF, Jurassic Park, Kings Quest, Walking Dead and TWAU were announced I was hoping we'd get another installment of MI or S&M before we moved on. Instead we get Game of Thrones, Walking Dead S2, Minecraft and have I left any out? :/

When did the last Sam and Max even come out again? Four years?

• You and 67% of players killed the creeper.
    I hope this doesn't delay The Walking Dead, though.

• I WOULD DIE IF I SAW AN ATTACK ON TITAN TELL TALE GAMES SERIES THAT WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Does anyone else see that this minecraft story mode is going to be a shitty game. I'm not saying I don't like minecraft, in fact I love playing minecraft, but I feel that this game is either going to not sell at all or it's going to have a pointless and uninteresting story, unlike all of telltales other games. This whole idea was bad on mojangs and telltales part.

• They should do that instead of minecraft story mode

athen posted: »

I WOULD DIE IF I SAW AN ATTACK ON TITAN TELL TALE GAMES SERIES THAT WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hmmmmmm......

• edited December 2014

The Universe: "Minecraft has no story."

Telltale: "Hey, let's give Minecraft a story."

It's kind of like Dreamworks' "this story has no one in it, let's make them all animals". I'm sure you could make a good story, but I don't understand the motivation. This is raising a yellow flag for me.

--Alright. You want to write a story for a game that wasn't designed to have one or motivate or interest people? I guess that's fine. I guess what I'm saying is that I won't personally be interested for reasons a b and c: A, the building block art style doesn't try to pretend it's not just a game(the same reason why don't want to play the original), and B, zero interest in the original game due to it having no story is directly transferred to the derivative work(especially if it shares the same art style).

If you do create a story to be played, without any building or crafting involved, or just less than the actual adventuring and dialogue interaction, it ceases to become "Minecraft" because it is less about the mining and the crafting and more about something else which was virtually nonexistent in the world of Minecraft until now. I once made the same argument concerning Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Don't get me wrong, great game, but the way the gameplay is designed and what it chooses to focus on, makes the title inappropriate unless reversed as Black Flag: Assassin's Creed. How you are going to go about making this work is boggling to me, but best of luck to you. Maybe it'll turn out really good and I might end up wanting to play it, but episodes plural are going to have to come out before that becomes possible.

• knowing telltale there going to make MineCraft look better and more fun then the actual game. :D

• this is the only game from Teltale I will not buy........it would be better done by Star Wars!!!

• They break the game up into episodes for the same reason TV shows do, to create a dramatic effect. To let people talk about it to each other in between episodes, and to get people more hyped into the game. You can't have a cliffhanger without episodes. You would know that if you actually played any of their games.

Not_Fan posted: »

How can u ppl support these stupid games... breaking a game into episodes just to get more money... taking the adventure out of games making

• If you are going to create a backstory for the world, I highly suggest this Minecraft Forum post:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/show-your-creation/fan-art/literature/1580621-history-of-minecraft

• Uhm... seems like a let down. Especially when going from franchises new like Borderlands and Game of fucking Thrones... to... Minecraft... a story-less sandbox game.

TT, haven't disappointed me so far so I won't throw the idea out the window... but can't say I have high hopes for this one. Nor interest.

• Well, for me, Telltale is working on this to introduce the most little ones to Telltale.

• what.. the actual f.... really?

• next you should make a telltale based off of the show falling skies

• I agree with you, if you take out what makes Minecraft, to be Minecraft, it isn't it anymore, it's something else.

Hbh128 posted: »

The Universe: "Minecraft has no story." Telltale: "Hey, let's give Minecraft a story." It's kind of like Dreamworks' "this story has n

• I've played all of telltales games up to date and I'm really looking forward to this, according to my math "Minecraft" plus "Telltale" equals best game ever!!!

This discussion has been closed.