Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• :(

Lord_EAA posted: »

Oh, sorry i barely check those.

• The damage is done. I thought we had something special.

I will from now on

• No pls. I will, promise.

AgentZ46 posted: »

The damage is done. I thought we had something special.

• Okay... :p

No pls. I will, promise.

• K, :)

Okay...

• enter image description here

I love Irving

• edited December 2015

Ok since im bored ANOTHER batch of questions. (Im really bored).

Odd question but Which character do you find the most beutiful?

Who is the ugliest character?

Is there any character you would like to know more about?

• Beautiful is easy, Raenna.
    • I don't know, if I had to pick it'd probably be Irving.
    • Marak. I love the guy but I feel like we don't really know anything about him.

Ok since im bored ANOTHER batch of questions. (Im really bored). Odd question but Which character do you find the most beutiful? Who is the ugliest character? Is there any character you would like to know more about?

• Since I've drawn a good amount of the characters and for that reason had to think about their looks, these are nice questions :D

1. Harpy is a character I haven't drawn, but the image I have of her is very beautiful so I have to say she is no.1. Then there are Behara, Argella, Raenna, Edonia, Noelle and many others. And if we include men to this then top 3 would probably be Damon Greyjoy, Edward Anturion and Harmund Hoare (hot pirates).

2. The ugly ones... Well, at least Jaylon and Irving. I guess Kreep and Wolfius too.

3. There are many characters that I'd like to know more about :D But I'll just say that the whole assassin group of Clayton (including the ex-members) is very interesting and finding out more about their backstories etc. would be nice :)

Ok since im bored ANOTHER batch of questions. (Im really bored). Odd question but Which character do you find the most beutiful? Who is the ugliest character? Is there any character you would like to know more about?

• First : Those girls look amazing in your drawings. You perfectly capture the appeal :).

Second: Yeah Edwards has the skills, the charms and the looks (you drew him perfectly btw). Girls better watch out around him. And yes the other pirates are awesome too :).

Third: Yeah......i don't see these guys getting a girl any century soon.

Fourth: Yeah Claytons group is pretty unknown yet.

Fifth: I have been dacing around asking you for a while but........Do you really plan on drawing ALL the characters? Because its 200+ and it sounds insane. The only crazier thing is making a story with that many char.................Nevermind but please answer this. Also are you drawing any now? And if so who?

Since I've drawn a good amount of the characters and for that reason had to think about their looks, these are nice questions * Harpy

• I'll draw every character that Liquid asks me to draw - so probably not every single one of those 200+ characters :D Right now I don't have any characters under work, but I'll gladly draw more if Liquid sends me some descriptions.

First : Those girls look amazing in your drawings. You perfectly capture the appeal . Second: Yeah Edwards has the skills, the charms and

• edited December 2015

Is that really how it works? I thought you were the one who picked the characters to draw. Well eitherway your art is amazing. If you'd like i could send you my other character appearance descriptions after they show up in the story :) (unless you wouldn't like to which would be fine)

I'll draw every character that Liquid asks me to draw - so probably not every single one of those 200+ characters Right now I don't have any characters under work, but I'll gladly draw more if Liquid sends me some descriptions.

• Ok, other wait questions. Who is the smartest character?

Back in Agent's poll, Mullendore won by far, getting 50% of the votes and I can definitely see why. There are some more characters who also qualify. The Burned Man is definitely one of them. Lord Royce and Archmaester Quent are also very intelligent.

And by contrast who is the least smart?

That one is probably the Moggy. He is indeed mentally handicapped, like a five-year old kindergarten bully in the body of a giant. Harndon Hoare has also been mentioned as being not quite the sharpest knife in the drawer. Neither is Harlan, although he is a lot more intelligent than the Moggy and Harndon.

Ok, other wait questions. Who is the smartest character? And by contrast who is the least smart?

• Yeah, I'll gladly draw your character :D PM the description whenever he (or she?) is introduced.

Is that really how it works? I thought you were the one who picked the characters to draw. Well eitherway your art is amazing. If you'd like

• I will. And have 3 more besides Edward so it would be 2 he's and 1 she :).

Yeah, I'll gladly draw your character PM the description whenever he (or she?) is introduced.

• Oh, nice :D Well I'll be waiting for them :)

I will. And have 3 more besides Edward so it would be 2 he's and 1 she .

• Cool :)

Oh, nice Well I'll be waiting for them

• Odd question but Which character do you find the most beutiful?

A lot of characters have been described as pretty or outright beautiful in their character descriptions. I think, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, every character that was described as pretty or handsome has the potential to be the most beautiful character in the story, depending on the image you have of them and your personal preferences. The ones Wildling mentioned are good examples, but there are many more of course. While beauty is subjective, I think Argella and Raenna stand out even objectively. Argella has been described as extremely beautiful on more than one occasion, while Raenna has Valyrian looks, which alone is enough to guarantee beauty.

Who is the ugliest character?

Jaylon is a very ugly man for sure and would be my personal choice. He is one of the few characters that have been described as outright ugly in their descriptions. As a result of their disfigurements, Kreep and Two-Face are also hideous, but if it weren't for their wounds, they would look average. Irving is also not exactly handsome, but if he would get a nice haircut and a good shave, he would probably manage to look at least average. Wolfius on the other hand is someone whom I have never imagined as physically ugly. Most people are appalled by his facial expression and the look in his eyes, but not by his looks themself. In my own headcanon, I actually always imagined him to look like a very creepy version of Mads Mikkelsen :D

Is there any character you would like to know more about?

Well, I hope in time I will manage to reveal more about every character. For example, about the ones Agent and Wildling mentioned, Marak and the assassins. I feel like some members of the assassins, especially Kersea, already had a bit of their backstory revealed, but this chapter for example will reveal more about Alysanne and probably about Raenna as well. Marak on the other hand has a more simple backstory. I have revealed a bit in Chapter 1, but I plan to reveal more either in this chapter, or in the next.

• I feel like some members of the assassins, especially Kersea, already had a bit of their backstory revealed

Yeah, with Kersea I do feel like I know the big picture of her past and where she comes from and what her motives are and so on. It's the others that still have a bit of mystery around them.

Odd question but Which character do you find the most beutiful? A lot of characters have been described as pretty or outright beauti

• Wouldn't your head canon be THE canon? XD

I look forward to them. I'd love to learn more about the characters.

Odd question but Which character do you find the most beutiful? A lot of characters have been described as pretty or outright beauti

• Wouldn't your head canon be THE canon? XD

Actually... yes, yes indeed, that is a very good point XD

I look forward to them. I'd love to learn more about the characters.

Is there any character in particular you would like to learn more about?

Wouldn't your head canon be THE canon? XD I look forward to them. I'd love to learn more about the characters.

• Well obviously Edward but hes off doing his own thing for the moment. Thought i would like to know how that female bodyguard he had came into his service since only Carvin has been fleshed out backstory wise. I want to see more of Alys Boleyn (since shes awesome) but i don't think there's that much left to her backstory :(.

Mullendore is also a big one since we know little of his backstory or goals. Hes much like Varys in the sense i know nothing of his goals. Also i would like a Harrens backstory and who he married.

Also ever since you hinted at a posible villain pov in the future i'm excited. Just because all the POV's are either moraly 'good', moraly ambigous or morally questionable so it would be nice just to see how you would write things from an evil persons perspective.

Wouldn't your head canon be THE canon? XD Actually... yes, yes indeed, that is a very good point XD I look forward to them. I'

• Well obviously Edward but hes off doing his own thing for the moment. Thought i would like to know how that female bodyguard he had came into his service since only Carvin has been fleshed out backstory wise. I want to see more of Alys Boleyn (since shes awesome) but i don't think there's that much left to her backstory :(.

True, a lot of Alys' backstory has been revealed, but considering that her father is going to appear in this chapter, there is something left. Edward will also get his spotlight in time. So far and to my own surprise, Carvin ended up getting more development than Alisa, even though she had a few moments as well. Her cousin Dante is about to appear in Edrick's storyline and she is going to continue to appear in Alys' storyline, so there will be more of her in the future.

Mullendore is also a big one since we know little of his backstory or goals. Hes much like Varys in the sense i know nothing of his goals. Also i would like a Harrens backstory and who he married.

Mullendore will get a bit of backstory in time. His goals are big and I already know how I am going to reveal them. Harren on the other hand was someone I actually haven't planned that much for backstory-wise. He is, however, not married and has never been, at least not in the traditional sense. He has Salt Wives, but no Ironborn Rock Wife and all of his sons are from different mothers.

Also ever since you hinted at a posible villain pov in the future i'm excited. Just because all the POV's are either moraly 'good', moraly ambigous or morally questionable so it would be nice just to see how you would write things from an evil persons perspective.

Yeah, I have said I would like to, but right now I have no concrete plans to write a villain PoV. It is difficult, considering that most of the villains haven't had their goals revealed so far and a PoV would reveal too much of their secret agenda. After all, the books also never give us a Littlefinger PoV, or a Ramsay PoV (thank god for that) and the only truly villainous PoV we get is Cersei (and maybe Victarion, if you see him as a full villain). I also think the interactive format is not well-suited for villain PoV's, considering that everyone would understandably try to undermine their plans with their votes. That said, I consider doing a villain one-shot PoV in the future.

Well obviously Edward but hes off doing his own thing for the moment. Thought i would like to know how that female bodyguard he had came int

• Mullendore is also a big one since we know little of his backstory or goals. Hes much like Varys in the sense i know nothing of his goals.

I agree about the backstory (there could have been some but I don't remember) but isn't his goal to wipe out all the criminality of Oldtown? The picture I've got is that he is sort of a "righteous fanatic" and genuinely believes that he is doing the right thing and "saving" the city from criminals. I mean, his men are called "solvers". And I'm sure he has some hunger for power there too, but as I said, his number one motive seems to be that he wants a perfect city with no criminality. And since we've got hints that he is meddling with politics in a bigger scale too (his cooperation with Septon Corbin and talk about a candidate for king) then I guess he wants the same thing for the whole Reach, maybe even the whole Westeros. This is just my interpretation of course.

Well obviously Edward but hes off doing his own thing for the moment. Thought i would like to know how that female bodyguard he had came int

• Thats great i look forward to learning about them.

Oh, ok that makes sense.

Yeah i get what you mean i original y had that problem with Prime too. But i found some loopholes. First there doesn't need to be a vote in every POV (though i know you try very hard for there to be).

Second you could just make each option be rewarding or evil in someway. This would make a big argument of which would be worse.

Third if the villains goal isn't a big mystery. Say killing people because of evil or just watch the world burn.

But i get your point and ill love this story eitherway. I'm just saying it would be cool :).

• edited December 2015

I still think his goals are pretty ambiguos, but i do get your point. He's Mr. Mystery but i bet theres others with more dark secrets. Like Royce for example.

Mullendore is also a big one since we know little of his backstory or goals. Hes much like Varys in the sense i know nothing of his goals.

• Yeah, I agree. I actually started to think about it during I wrote that and remembered how heavily his presence can be seen not only in everything that happens in Oldtown but also in Raylansfair - the assassins work for him after all. I guess he really is playing the game of thrones, but still, my first comment's point stands at least as showing what kind of mentality he has when it comes to ruling and solving problems - the end justifies the means.

I still think his goals are pretty ambiguos, but i do get your point. He's Mr. Mystery but i bet theres others with more dark secrets. Like Royce for example.

• edited December 2015

Isn't that the phylosophy of many of our beloved groups?

Well anyway this was nice. Now i will continue to be bored till something cool happens or i come up with ANOTHER question. (Those must be getting annoying by now)

Yeah, I agree. I actually started to think about it during I wrote that and remembered how heavily his presence can be seen not only in ever

• Lords question number 2000084:

Which character resembles you most personality wise? And if you were in their position what would you do?

• edited December 2015

Garthon

“Wakey Wakey, traitor!”, a rough voice sounded, forcibly waking Garthon from a long, dreamless sleep. Immediately afterwards, someone painfully kicked him in the ribs. Letting out a displeased grunt, he opened his eyes, trying to move away from the man that was standing above him. The sound of rattling chains and the realization that his movement was limited, that his hands and feet were bound and that he was lying on dirty, piss-stained stone, finally caused him to snap out of his dizzy, half-awake state.

Above him, illuminated by a painfully bright torch, stood a fat man in his early forties, wearing a tight leather armour that did not cover his flabby arms. He had an ugly, wart-filled and hare-lipped face with bushy eyebrows, a greasy neckbeard and a wide, cheerful grin. In his left hand, he held a simple whip and from the way his fingers twitched, he was obviously contemplating about using it.

“Good morning, Holt”, Garthon growled, looking at Holt Torv, master of the dungeons and chief torturer of Harrenhal. “Do you plan on starting today?” For the past week, this had been his morning routine. Or, his routine at least. Down here, Garthon quickly lost his sense of time. Holt would wake him, forcibly. So far, it was the only time the torturer actually used physical violence. Aside from that, he had been leaving the brothers alone, safe for the rare instances he brought them something to eat. This lack of violence, especially coming from a man as infamous as Hold Torv, started to worry Garthon.

The torturer did not answer to his question. Instead, he limped closer towards Torvin. Unlike Garthon, who was allowed to at least move his limbs in relative freedom, Torvin was chained to the wall on the other side of the prison cell, unable to move his arms and legs, relying entirely on Holt's mercy whenever he was hungry or thirsty. Needless to say, the torturer was rarely merciful and the little he gave Torvin barely kept him alive.

“You hear me, Breaker?”, Holt growled as he narrowed his eyes and removed the whip from his belt. Torvin's head still hung low and only his calmly breathing chest gave away that he was still alive. The whip whirred through the air, loudly snapping as it hit the wall next to Torvin. “Wake up, fucker! Look at me!”, the torturer yelled, but Torvin still showed no reaction. For a short moment, Garthon was worried, before he realized what Torvin was doing. He was simply ignoring Holt, a move that was as bold and stubborn as it was dangerous and outright stupid.

A displeased noise came out of Holt's throat, as he raised the whip again, painfully hitting Torvin's chest with it. A long, red and bloody welt appeared where the whip touched the skin. Another one followed, then another, until Torvin finally raised his head, just in time for the tip of the whip to hit his lip.

“So, you can hear me after all”, Holt said with a giggle, as he lowered the whip. Torvin narrowed his eyes, a thin rill of blood flowing down his chin. For a moment, the two men glared at each other without saying a word. Then, Torvin spat a mixture of blood and saliva into Holt's face. The torturer stumbled backwards in surprise, raising a hand to his cheek, but at the same time, his stumbling quickly caused him to loose balance. Garthon had heard the rumours, but from the way he limped and how he obviously had problems with keeping his balance, it was now clear to him that the torturer was missing his left foot at the ankle. With a muffled curse on his lips, Holt fell onto the ground.

“You... fucking bastard...”, he huffed as he awkwardly raised from the ground. Torvin on the other hand had a smug grin on his face as he glanced at Garthon. “You slept well, brother?”, he asked and Garthon gave him a nod. “Who would have guess that dry shit makes for such a comfortable pillow”, he joked as an answer. “Although I envy you for your wall”

“Enough!”, Holt yelled, cracking his whip without targeting either brother. Immediately, both fell silent. The torturer slowly limped towards Torvin and moved his free hand towards his belt, grabbing the hilt of his knife. “One day, soon perhaps, I'm going to peel off every inch of your skin and then I'm going to feed it to your brother”

“Actually, skin is not my favourite”, Garthon answered. “If you want to cook for me, why don't you prepare a nice steak?” Torvin chuckled at this remark, which only seemed to enrage Holt even more. “I see...”, the torturer growled. “It looks like you are not hungry today and not thirsty”

With these words, he moved his hand back to his belt, where a small bag hung, next to a waterskin. With a gleeful grin on his face, Holt opened the bag and spilled its contents onto the dirty floor. It was only dry bread, but Garthon's stomach chose the same time to remind him how hungry he actually was. When Holt took the waterskin and started to spill the water onto the floor in a painfully slow manner, Garthon even failed to suppress a pained groan as he realized how painfully dry his throat was.

“Maybe next time you'll follow my orders...”, Holt chuckled and stomped onto the food with his good leg, before he suddenly looked up. His eyes narrowed as he glanced at the open door. “Who's there? I can hear you!”, he growled.

A sigh was heard and a moment later, Garthon got a pleasant sight as Kyra Greyjoy walked around the corner and into the room. She had a casual smile on her face, but her eyes widened with something that might be concern as she saw Garthon and Torvin.

“Looks like nothing can escape your sharp senses”, she said with a mocking tone, although she said the final words with a low, indignant voice as she lay eyes onto the floor, where the food was lying. “Are you starving them?”, she asked and clenched her fists.

Holt seemed to be indifferent to her subtle anger, even though his smirk got slightly more stressed and irritated. “Only if they don't behave. They are traitors after all”, he insisted. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“Looking for the prisoners. The king is on his way and he asked me to make sure that they are in a position to listen to him”, Kyra answered. Holt's eyes widened, as his grin got weaker. “King Harren is on his way?”, he asked. “I... I... I had no idea!” He walked closer towards Torvin, grabbing his chin with his hands. “See, Captain? This one is in perfect condition. Nothing is missing, just a few marks from the whip”, he explained. “But he deserved it”

“I'm sure he did”, Kyra said calmly and moved her hand to her belt, grabbing the small waterskin that was hanging there. “Nonetheless, he does not look good. Neither does Garthon. You had your orders, Holt” She moved down and gently put a hand onto Garthon's shoulder.

“Good to see you, Kyra”, Garthon greeted her with a smirk. For a moment Kyra gave him a warm smile, before a distant look appeared in her eyes and her smile faded. “I guess you've been better, my friend”, she answered and looked at Torvin. “You both have been” She knelt down and raised the waterskin closer to Garthon's mouth. “Here, drink”

Without even saying another word, Garthon only gave her a thankful glance, before he started to drink from the waterskin. It only took him a moment to realize that he wasn't drinking water and his eyes widened. Sure, it wasn't from the Arbor, but the fact that he was drinking wine caught him completely off guard. Even if he wouldn't have been so damn thirsty, he wouldn't have complained.

Far too quickly, Kyra pulled the waterskin away from him. “Easy now, Garthon. Your brother needs some as well”, she said, before she raised from the ground again. Holt looked at Garthon, his eyes widening. “Wait a moment, captain! You give them wine?”, he growled. “In my dungeon, no fucking prisoner gets wine!”

“Your dungeon?”, Kyra asked, her voice sounding calm, almost casual, even though the glare she gave him was cold and repulsed. “Last time I checked, this has been King Harren's dungeon, in King Harren's castle. Last time I checked, you haven't been king, you haven't been the captain of the guard” She moved the waterskin to Torvin's mouth and Garthon's brother started to drink. “You're just a small cripple with a big ego”, Kyra added and Holt glared at her, equal parts surprised and enraged by her words.

“How dare you!”, he yelled, aggravated, but powerless to do anything against her at the same time, his loud voice echoing from the walls and hurting in Garthon's ears. Torvin started to cough, having drunken too much too quickly and Kyra removed the waterskin again. “How dare you?”, she asked calmly and a friendly smile appeared on her face, barely hiding the mocking glance in her eyes. “If you want to know, this wine was intended for you, Holt Torv. Sadly, I think the prisoners needed something to drink more. After all, the king wants to talk to them and not you”

“My... It was for me?”, Holt asked baffled. “You gave them my wine?” Kyra gave him an apologetic nod, walking closer towards Garthon again. “Sorry”, she chuckled. “I admit, that might have been a bit mean. Listen, there's plenty of wine upstairs, in the kitchen. Tell the thralls I sent you and they'll give you a new bottle” She glanced at his prosthetic foot. “All you have to do is going upstairs”

Not even bothering with the upset look on Holt's face, she knelt down to Garthon again, moving her lips close to his ear. “Listen closely”, she whispered. “You fucked up, but there might be a way out of it, for both of you. Harren is going to make you an offer. I urge you to accept it. You won't get a better one and if you refuse it... in that case, you're going to make it worse”

“What are you talking to him?”, Holt growled. “Are you conspiring with these traitors?” Anger flared up in Kyra's eyes as she moved away from Garthon. “Careful, Holt”, she hissed and her voice shivered with both, outrage and excitement. “Be very careful or I'll readjust your feet”

Holt immediately limped away from her, his face getting pale as he caught the look in her eyes. For a moment, it looked like he was about to say something else, but the sound of Torvin clearing his throat cut him off. “Kyra...”, Torvin muttered weakly. “My crew... what happened to my crew at Seagard? And my ship?”

Kyra closed her eyes and let out a sigh. “Kyra?”, Torvin asked again with an urging voice. “Captain?” His eyes opened widely and he slowly shook his head. “No... Oh god, no...” Kyra gave him a sympathetic look. “I am sorry, Captain Breaker”, she said, before she noticed that Holt's eyes widened. “He is coming...”, the torturer growled.

Indeed, immediately after he said this, Garthon heard the sound of loud, heavy footsteps. Out of the darkness of the hallway, into the dimly lit room, wearing his heavy, black armour, walked Harren Hoare. The king's left hand was bandaged and he had a new scar on his face, a crudely stitched line that heavily disfigured his cheek and locked it in a permanent half-grin where Garthon's bolt had cut it. The scarred flesh shivered for a moment as his mouth formed a terrifying grin as well.

“Well, well”, he growled, his voice awakening primal fears in Garthon's mind, his dark eyes piercing right through his skull. “Looks like our traitors are awake” He glared at the mud-stained bread on the ground and then at Holt, who submissively bowed in front of his king. “Your grace, it is an honour to welcome you here”, the torturer exclaimed.

The king glanced at Kyra, who shook her head. “Everything is fine, your grace”, she lied. “The prisoners are in good condition, considering the circumstances. Holt made sure that they have everything they need. Your order has been followed to your satisfaction!”

Harren raised an eyebrow as he quickly gave Holt a heavy pat on the back. The moment the king's hand touched his back, Holt shivered, his eyes widely opened in fear. He was clever enough not to look at Kyra in surprise. “Apologies, Holt”, the king said as he slowly pushed him towards the door. “Here I was starting to get seriously pissed at you for ignoring my orders. Please, leave us alone” Holt gave him a quick nod. “Of... of course, your grace! I will leave you alone”, he stuttered. “But please, one question... Prince Harlan, I have heard he was wounded...”

For a moment, vicious hatred and almost uncontrollable anger flashed across Harren's face. “Harlan is more dead than alive”, he growled. “It's a miracle, but he will survive. Though I doubt he'll ever walk without a limp again” Without waiting for Holt's answer, he pushed the torturer out of the room and closed the door.

When he turned around, the anger was gone. Without saying a word he walked towards Kyra and before she could react, he gave her a heavy, painful-looking backhand stroke to the face with his gloved fist, immediately sending her to the ground. “If you ever dare lying to my face again, your name won't protect you, Captain Greyjoy”, he growled. As Kyra looked up towards him, Garthon saw that blood was flowing out of a fresh cut just below her cheekbone. “I... I understand...”, she mumbled, her dark blue eyes filled with no trace of fear. “I am sorry your grace”

“Of course you are”, Harren muttered, before he walked towards Torvin. “But how could I stay angry at you with such a pleasant sight in my dungeon?” He chuckled as he glanced from Torvin to Garthon. “Hello, Torvin. Hello, Garthon. I must say, seeing you like this brightens my day”

Torvin looked up, hatred in his eyes, before he started to speak to the king. “What do you want, Hoare?”, he asked and just like Kyra, he showed no fear. Garthon on the other hand was afraid. It was the clever thing to do. At the same time, as he watched how Kyra sluggishly raised back to her feet, moving a hand to her bleeding cheek, he felt anger as well.

“Still so bold, Torvin?”, Harren growled. “I think I need to explain a few things to you, why I am here today, why you are not dead yet, or at least, why you are still in one piece” Instead of staying silent, like a sane person would have done, Torvin instead spat in front of Harren's feet. “Keep your words for yourself”, Torvin snarled. “No one here is willing to listen”

“But you're going to enjoy what I have to say...”, Harren chuckled. The fact that he hadn't yet exploded with anger was terrifying and it only proved that he had something horrible planned for them. The though alone made Garthon shiver.

“You see, everything in life comes at a price”, Harren explained, as he walked through the prison cell, looking from Torvin to Garthon. “Every action provokes a reaction” His bandaged hand moved towards his cheek, the freshly scarred flesh shivering as he touched it. “Every choice has consequences, to us and everyone around us” He stopped in front of Torvin, and closely looked him in the eyes for a moment. “I am not sure if you truly understand the consequence of your choice”, he whispered. “Why I am going to do the absolutely worst thing I am capable of to you” He paused for a moment. “And why, at the same time, it is the best fucking thing that could ever happen to you”

His final words seemed to spark Torvin's interest, but Garthon knew that his brother tried not to make it too obvious. “Speak up, Hoare”, he answered. “I don't have much time for bullshit” Amused at Torvin's defiant words, the king started to chuckle, a joyless, violent chuckle that promised nothing good. “Careful, Breaker. I only need you alive. That you are still in one piece is a sign of my good will”

He sighed as he glanced at Kyra, who refused to look at him in return. Her gaze was focussed onto the ground and her fists were clenched. “Consequences... when you tried to kill me, you haven't thought about the consequences for yourself, obviously”, he explained. “I must admit, you came close to kill me, and I can respect it. I want you dead for it, but I can respect it”

“Spare me the courtesy”, Torvin growled. Harren gave him a nod. “As you wish. The thing is, here I am, with a permanent, shit-eating grin on my face. My secondborn son nearly got killed and I had to rely on the help of an outsider, this Anturion, to save my life”, he explained. “To make things worse, Edmyn Tully is still alive, because I need him”

“So, you need us as well”, Garthon interjected, surprised that he spoke up instead of Torvin. The king let out an annoyed sigh. “I was talking to your brother, but I figure this matter concerns you as well”, he growled. “Yes, I can't deny it. I need you. Preferably, both of you, just as I still need Edmyn Tully. See, I could kill you. I could take everything from you, could mutilate you in ways you can't imagine, before I drown you in the God's Eye. No one stops me from doing so, but myself” He paused for a moment and closed his eyes. “I am your saviour. I am your downfall”

As much as he could in his chains, Garthon leant forward, his gaze meeting Torvin's. They were intrigued by the kings offer. At the same time, both were worried. “You know, my first impulse was to kill you. Harmund wanted to throw you to the dogs, alive of course. Harlan only screamed for your head, but Harrick... Harrick convinced me of how useful you can be”, Harren continued. “You see, your little act of rebellion, while pathetic in itself, gave the Riverlords something I don't want them to have. You gave them hope, Breaker. They see your desperate attempt to keep your family save as an act of selfless, idealistic rebellion against me”

“So that's why you haven't killed us yet...”, Torvin muttered. “You don't want to make martyrs out of us” Harren gave him a nod. “Aye”, he agreed. “You are pathetic, Breaker, and you disgust me. The last thing I want to do is making a martyr out of you. But what you did, it already had consequences...” He paused for a moment. “Lord Blackwood refused to pay his taxes in time”, he explained and let out a sigh. “And now I have to sent the Iron Army to Raventree Hall, have to cut off his cock, burn his fucking castle to the ground and make him a coat out of the skins of his screaming children” A cruel chuckle forced its way out of his throat. “And we all know how much I hate pointless violence”

Torvin narrowed his eyes, before the sudden realization hit him, before Garthon fully realized what the king was suggesting. “No fucking way”, he spat. “I won't do it. Go on, make a martyr out of me, tyrant. I hope the Storm God comes upon you and your whole damn house!”

Instead of looking enraged at the curse, Harren was apparently only amused and Garthon realized, even though the king just admitted that he needed them, he still had the upper hand by far. “And that is why my offer will be the worst I can do to you and the best at the same time. Your pride defines you, more than anything else. Your pride and your foolish stubbornness”, he chuckled. “Think about it, Breaker. Just give up. I offer you to stay alive, I offer you to get out of this prison. In turn, I will break your pride. You will kneel. You will accept me as your king again, the only king you will ever accept. You will tell the Riverlords how foolish they are to see you as a symbol of hope. You will fight for me, one last time”

“And if we refuse?”, Torvin answered immediately. “If you refuse, Torvin”, Harren corrected him. “Speak for yourself. The offer goes to your brother as well. If you refuse, you're going to regret it dearly. In the end, you will beg me to accept my offer regardless. And I will win regardless. Your tiny rebellion is over and you can trust me, in the end I will get what I want from you. The only thing you can do now is to perform damage control” He paused and looked at Garthon. “Both of you can. Give up your pride and accept my offer, or decline it and face the consequences”

[Accept Harren's offer] [Decline Harren's offer]

• Awesome Part. Well personaly im torn.

Giving him what he wants vs Being tourtured and maybe killed by denying him.
    But i will simply go with the pro-life choice:

[Accept]

Garthon “Wakey Wakey, traitor!”, a rough voice sounded, forcibly waking Garthon from a long, dreamless sleep. Immediately afterwards, som

• I think in my case the obvious answer is my true spirit animal, the noble Ser Maron Mullendore :D

Jokes aside, this is a very interesting question, certainly one of the most interesting I ever had when it comes to this story. It seriously made me think about it and about the characters. While many characters have a few characteristics that are similar to mine, the one I found the most similarities with is Samantha. Like her, I usually try to do the right thing when the chips are down and try to help others and even though I sometimes act a bit cold and grumpy about it, I actually enjoy it. I also usually don't feel very comfortable with showing deep and genuine emotions in front of people I don't know well, but I have often heard that I am easy to get along with and I consider myself a good friend. Finally, while it is not easy to piss me off, I certainly know how to hold a grudge. I am not entirely unforgivable, but it takes a lot for me to change my opinion on someone who wronged me. If I would be in Samantha's position, I would have done many things similar to her. However, a big difference is that I would have never forgiven Jaylon under any circumstance. But like her, I would have tried my best to save Lucas and Leonard and I would have brought them back to Raylansfair. Afterwards however, I would return to Oldtown and I would start a bloody all-out war against Mullendore and everyone working for him.

Another character I think I have a lot in common with is Leonard. He and Samantha have some similarities as well, like their loyalty to friends. Like Leonard and like Samantha, I consider myself a good friend, but at the same time I had a somewhat rocky start with more than one person that is among my closest friends today. And a huge key similarity I have to Leonard is greed. I fully accept that this is a big flaw I have, but I am kind off a greedy person. Leonard's greed hasn't been part of the story so far, but it will play a role in the future. I feel like Leonard gets angry a lot easier than me though, so that is definitely a difference. In his case, I would have done some things differently. Mostly, I would have been less hostile to Archmaester Quent and I would have been less supportive of Lucas in some cases, especially in everything that involves Maron Mullendore. I would have fully put my trust into Quent and I would have believed that he is completely trustworthy, considering that he is Maester Eaton's brother.

Lords question number 2000084: Which character resembles you most personality wise? And if you were in their position what would you do?

• edited December 2015

Thank you for the responce. I was starting to get worried everyone would miss it due to the latest Part. I hope you aren't the only one who answers.

Thats really cool. Samantha is awesome (though i don't normally agree with her un forgiving methods) and Leonard is just badass definatly fit you. Both are good people but like you said Sam's that one nut that actually breaks the nutcraker when used. I'm just awaiting for that one catastrophe hammer to break her so she can finally open up (which normally makes people happier).

You say you're greedy but it what sense? Alot of people confuse ambition for greed and if thats what you mean i think almost everyone suffers from that ;). But anyway if it IS that at least you have something extreamly positive very few people have: The ability to see ones flaws. Without it you couldn't fix them. Also you are a great person with a very kind heart, and one of the most loyal and amazing friends a person could have, which is all that matters in the end :).

You are awesome Liquid :).

Btw: I forgot to tell you i really liked the Garthon Part. You really captured the tension. I kept reading lines 2 or 3 times because of that.

I think in my case the obvious answer is my true spirit animal, the noble Ser Maron Mullendore Jokes aside, this is a very interesting q

• We'll probably still die but [Accept Harren's offer]

Garthon “Wakey Wakey, traitor!”, a rough voice sounded, forcibly waking Garthon from a long, dreamless sleep. Immediately afterwards, som

• Bruh i have a really good question (according to Liquid) above the Part. It might interest you :)

We'll probably still die but [Accept Harren's offer]

• [Accept Harren's offer] Eventually he'll break them, we need to be smart. Hopefully Torvin will be convinced to accept by Garthon's acceptance. Even if he doesn't, it puts Garthon in a position to help, not to mention we may have found an ally in Kyra, and Edmyn Tully is still out there. We can still gain the upper hand.

• [Accept Harren's offer]

• [Accept Harren's offer]

• [Accept Harren's offer] Better to do this and stay alive, with some luck they'll live long enough to see Harren die...

Great part!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.