Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• The beast hasn't been mentioned much yet but I am worried for when it strikes again.

Solved: Identity of Butterfly Unsolved: The beast.

• [Bet on Blane] I doubt the son of a noble born would get into a bar fight without expecting to win, unless he was dumb. And how Dan kept on being mention as honest reminded me of Fallout and Honest Dan.

[Press Leo to tell you the truth] I like Edrick so far and really excited for a Northern POV, but kinda bummed that he will be leaving the North eventua

Sadie The air in the taproom was hot and filled with loud, dissonant music. Three musicians played a terrible interpretation of 'The Dorn

• [bet on baelor]
    [press Leo to tell the truth]

Sadie The air in the taproom was hot and filled with loud, dissonant music. Three musicians played a terrible interpretation of 'The Dorn

• edited December 2015

I'm still so convinced it's connected with the "Bear", we had that last attack shortly after his last chapter, and then nothing from both the beast and the bear for quite some time, and that actually makes me scared.

Bounden posted: »

The beast hasn't been mentioned much yet but I am worried for when it strikes again.

• Been awhile since I commented but I've been reading each update religiously. :) Love Jax and how he's advancing Liquid! Making me looking forward to seeing my other characters. :) Keep up the amazing writing!

[Bet on Blaine
    [Press Leo to tell you the Truth.]

• (Bet on Blane)

(Press Leo to tell you the truth)

• Hello im Lord nice to meet you :)

Chaosjester posted: »

Been awhile since I commented but I've been reading each update religiously. Love Jax and how he's advancing Liquid! Making me looking forw

• Nice to see you again. How've you been ?

MadManLee posted: »

(Bet on Blane) (Press Leo to tell you the truth)

• I am alright. And Yourself?

Lord_EAA posted: »

Nice to see you again. How've you been ?

• edited December 2015

Very well thanks for asking :).

So whats your reasoning for the vote?

MadManLee posted: »

I am alright. And Yourself?

• Too soon :(

I can tell you one were it does. Have you seen 'The Mountain and The Viper'? It was a smash hit

• Whatever the hell Noelle is up to.

Well its time for Lords fan question number 200. What, in your opinion, is this stories greatest mystery so far?

• I know! It's getting me excited too, and he's my character, so I was already excited to begin with.

TeamKarstark I have to say all these references really have made me excited to finally see Dante

• Sorry :(

I didn't mean to give you a Crushing head-ache.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Too soon

• :O You monster...

Sorry I didn't mean to give you a Crushing head-ache.

• I forgot to comment on this.

I for one really liked the fact Marak became minor in the recent chapters. Not out of hate for him but it just felt good to see others get focus and i moved looking forward to some of his apperances. I especially liked his last scene in the bar.

Just curious, who were the first five submitted characters? I know Maya was the first, Leonard was the fourth, but the rest? Actuall

• edited December 2015

Im sorry again :(.

I just can't resist wanting to make horrible jokes and post them IN LIKE THIS :

When i saw that scene my feelings were squished, i just exploted with emotion. It was just something to lose your head over.

........im horrible. Sorry if any of these got to you. I honestly am very sorry :(

:O You monster...

• [Bet on Blane] Strenght isnt all...

[Press Leo to tell you the truth] Because why the fuck not?^^

Good Chapter Liquid ^.^ Now I have to wait again :(

• [Bet on Blane]

[Press Leo to tell you the truth]

• [Bet on Blane]

• [Bet on Blane] what so ever I don't like bets...

• MadManLeeMadManLee Banned
    edited December 2015

No problem!

Hmm, for Sadie's vote I don't have any reason for voting the way I did. II mainly voted that way because every one else who voted before me did. Also, Ingen pointed out both of us win if we vote that way.A lot of the time, I dont have any reason at all, other than thats what many other people went for.

Ser Edirck, on the other hand , I decided to press him because I thought nothing bad will come out of this. And he is clearly hiding something, and we have to know before we speak to Lord Boleyn. This was a easy vote.

Very well thanks for asking . So whats your reasoning for the vote?

• The Voting is closed!

Sadie is going to bet on Blane

Edrick is going to press Leo to tell him the truth

First of all, neither of these choices are going to be game changers, although they won't be completely unimportant either. These parts mostly served as an introduction to our new PoV's and while the choices won't be that major, they will still have some consequence. Speaking of the new PoV's, I am glad that you generally seem to like them. Expect some exciting moments for them in their future storylines :)

The next part is going to be the beginning of Jaron's storyline in Chapter 6 and it is hopefully going to be finished a bit later today. However, I am not feeling too well today and this probably affects my writing speed, so in the worst case, you have to wait until tomorrow for the next part.

• Finally a Jaron part :D

The Voting is closed! Sadie is going to bet on Blane Edrick is going to press Leo to tell him the truth First of all, neither of th

• Don't rush it if you're not feeling well, we can wait.

The Voting is closed! Sadie is going to bet on Blane Edrick is going to press Leo to tell him the truth First of all, neither of th

• Yeah, well, I never claimed to be a saint. I know leaving Wolfius to die is the morally gray choice, but in my eyes, it's the lesser evil.

Oh i get it. So because of that its perfectly ok to leave a guy to die out of an infection..................... Yeah please don't try to justify this. Anyway i don't think i met you before. My nanes Lord nice to meet you.

• edited December 2015

Grey?....i personaly saw it as black but ok. Anyway i don't blame you i just think it was a preatty horrible thing to do.

Anyway nice to meet you.

DiverseGnu posted: »

Yeah, well, I never claimed to be a saint. I know leaving Wolfius to die is the morally gray choice, but in my eyes, it's the lesser evil.

• edited December 2015

Jaron

“Are you worried?”, Harpy asked softly, as she moved closer, putting her head onto Jaron's chest. They were lying on his bed, fully dressed of course, although not yet dressed for the masquerade they were about to attend today.

Jaron let out a sigh and glanced at the window. From the way the sun shined into his room, he was sure it was afternoon already. Soon, they had to get up, soon they had to leave the mansion, had to get into danger once more. If it would have been only himself, Jaron wouldn't be worried. But with Harpy around, he was afraid to loose her.

“Are you not?”, he asked in return. “Today is going to be dangerous and I can't hide how worried I am. If anything goes wrong, if our cover is blown, then we...” She cut him off by softly kissing him on the lips. “I am not worried. You shouldn't be worried. You got me and I got you”, she stated. “As long as nothing changes about that, neither of us has to worry. I won't allow anyone to harm you and I feel safe knowing that you do the same for me”

Her reassuring smile managed to dispel even his darkest thoughts. Maybe she was too optimistic about the upcoming events, but Jaron wanted to believe her, had to believe her. He put his arm around her and pulled her into a close hug. For a moment they just lay close to each other and Jaron wished this moment would last forever.

A heavy knock on the door caused both, Jaron and Harpy, to sigh regretfully. She separated from him, raising from the bed as she glanced at the door. “You can come in”, she mumbled, before she sat down on the bed again.

The door opened and Ayden Blackwell slowly entered the room. He glanced at Jaron, then at Harpy and a knowing smirk formed on his face. “Sorry to interrupt you, lovebirds”, he chuckled, but the amusement faded as quick as it came. “Hello, Ayden”, Jaron greeted him with an unenthusiastic tone. “What is it?”

“Just talked to the boss. It's about time you get ready”, Ayden answered and looked at Harpy. “Mylady, you're supposed to be in your room. Keira is going to help you get dressed” Harpy slightly rolled her eyes, but raised from the bed again. “Martin's girl, huh? I suppose I can get into that bloody dress myself”, she stated.

Ayden took a step aside, allowing her to leave the room. “Apparently the Burned Man thinks otherwise. His orders. Now get dressed”, he ordered her bluntly. Visibly taken aback by his directness, Harpy gave him a quick nod. “Will do”, she agreed, before she looked at Jaron. “Remember what I told you. Don't be worried. Don't be afraid” With a smile on her lips, she turned away from him, finally walking out of the room and down the hallway.

Jaron sighed, before he raised from the bed himself. “And what's with me?”, he asked. Ayden took a quick glance at Harpy, a brief, narrow smile flashing over his face, before he looked back at Jaron. “You're going to get dressed too”, he said and clapped his hands. Two young children, a boy and a girl entered the room, carrying fine, black and yellow clothing. Ayden shortly leant against the doorframe, as he crossed his arms. “Just like Harpy, we can't let you walk around like that at Lord Vyrwels estate”

“I can get dressed myself”, Jaron protested, looking at the children and at the clothes. Ayden shook his head. “Your arm just starts to heal. In a month perhaps, but now you're going to take the help”, he ordered, before pausing for a moment. “Burned Man's orders. When you're done, meet me and the rest downstairs”

With these words, Ayden Blackwell simply closed the door behind him, leaving Jaron and the children alone. For a moment, Jaron took an awkward glance at the two, before he let out a sigh. “Listen, I can do a few things my...”, he started to say, but the boy cut him off. “No, you can't. The boss has made himself clear. Just try not to move too much and we'll get you dressed in no time”, he interjected.

Jaron closed his eyes and gave them a short nod, trying to ignore the uncomfortable feeling of getting dressed by someone else. It was embarrassing, but thankfully, the children were at least gentle when it came to his broken arm. And he had to admit, they indeed managed to get him dressed quickly and easily, a lot faster than he would have been able to do on his own. It took them only a few minutes to dress him, with only minimal assistance coming from himself.

His fine clothes were predominantly yellow, but with a few black spots as well. Rather prominently, his tunic had a black nightingale on it, the sigil of House Caron. On top of that, he had a short, black cloak that, at least in his opinion, actually looked good on him.

“So... that's it?”, he asked with a smile as he looked at the short mirror that was hanging on the wall of his room. The girl shook her head. “There's something else”, she said with an excited look on her face and gave the boy a look. He reached into the small pouch he was carrying with him, revealing a black mask, shaped like the upper half of a bird's head, with a short, but very prominent beak. On its own, it looked hideous, and Jaron had no doubt that it would look even more hideous if he would wear it.

“That was the only one we were able to find for you”, the boy said with a grin. “You should have seen Martin. He almost had to wear a mask shaped like a pig's face” Jaron let out a sigh as he grabbed the mask from the boy's hand. “Somehow, that does not make me feel better”, he answered, glancing at the ugly mask. “Anything else?” This time, the children shook their head and Jaron pressed his lips together. “Well then... thank you”, he tried to say, but the children just exchanged a short glance, before they walked out of the room again. “The rest is awaiting you downstairs”, the girl informed him, before they both left the room. Jaron took a last look at the mirror, before he followed them.

During the past week, he had learned to find his way in the Burned Man's copious mansion. Aside from the Burned Man and Harpy, it also seemed to be the constant home of at least a dozen children like the ones that just helped getting Jaron dressed, orphans whom the Burned Man took in and who had an arguably good life under his protection. Apparently, some of the sellswords, like Martin, also had their own room in the mansion, but Jaron never quite managed to approach his friend about this subject.

It took him only a few moments to walk through the hallway, down a large set of stairs and into the main hall of the mansion. At this time of the day, it was usually rather empty, though today Jaron saw a number of people standing there. Ayden Blackwell was already done getting dressed. Compared to Jaron, he wasn't dressed as neatly, but still fitting for the event they were about to attend. Like Jaron, his clothes were kept in black and yellow, the colours of House Caron of Nightsong.

Next to him, Jaron saw Martin, wearing a similar attire and talking to a man he did not know yet. He looked young, only a bit older than Jaron, with dirty blonde hair and a rough look on his face. He was wearing a very short beard and as he raised his head, his green eyes glanced at Jaron for a moment, before he approached him, having noticed him first.

“Ser Jaron the Bastard, I presume”, he said calmly and extended his hand for Jaron to shake. “My name is Jarek. I'll be the fourth man on your little job today” Jaron gave him a nod. “Pleasure to meet you, Jarek”, he greeted him. With a smirk, Martin approached them. “We'll see about that. Jarek here can be a real pain in the ass”, he said and gave Jaron a clap onto the back. “My friend, you look ridiculous”

“So do you”, Jaron quickly retorted and glanced at the mask Martin was holding in his hand. He was pleased to realize that it looked very similar to his own, hideous mask. At least, he wasn't the only one who had to wear that damn thing. Martin shook his head. “I make that look work”, he insisted. “Or, at the very least I'm not looking as ridiculous as you do”

“Is that so?”, Harpy's voice sounded. “I have to say, I find him rather handsome” She slowly walked down the stairs and Jaron got a first look on her dress. It was held entirely in black, the soft fabric, narrow in the upper areas of her body, but falling down like a waterfall around her legs. Her hair was tied in two braids, which in turn were plaited into a bun at the back of her head. She was already wearing her mask. In her case, it was an elegant mask that simply covered the area around her eyes with soft fabric that was shaped to resemble feathers, leaving most of her face uncovered. Despite being stunned by how beautiful she looked in the dress, Jaron immediately noticed that despite its looks, it wasn't hindering her movement at all. The Burned Man hadn't chosen this dress for her just because she would look stunning in it.

“May I ask for this dance, mylord?”, Harpy asked with a wide smile, as she grabbed his hand, spinning closer for a moment as if she was dancing, before he pulled her into a hug. “I suppose the dress is good enough for the occasion”, she chuckled. “I suppose so...”, Jaron stuttered with a smile.

Movement behind Harpy caused him to look up and looked towards the stairs. Keira was slowly walking downstairs and Martin immediately approached her with a happy smile on his face. The last time Jaron had seen the whore, her revealing dress had been enough to tip anyone off about her profession, but right now, nothing gave it away. She was wearing a fine, yellow dress that highlighted her natural beauty, although, considering that she was her handmaiden for tonight, it was far simpler than Harpy's dress.

Ayden audibly cleared his throat, causing the whole room to look at him. A pleased look appeared on his face as he looked at Harpy and Keira. “Myladies”, he greeted them. “We should starts. It looks like we're complete now”

Harpy glanced at the other people in the room. “Indeed we are”, she confirmed and glanced at Martin, who had a slightly bored expression on his face and instead seemed to prefer to look at Keira. “I don't think I have to say much. Tonight is going to be important. It might be our only chance to kill the Tom. More importantly, if we don't stop him, he may succeed where even Butterfly failed”, she explained.

“Three targets... you have any idea how we are going to protect all of them?”, Ayden asked. “I mean, obviously we have to split up” Harpy gave him a nod. “We should. Personally, I would stay close to Commander Mullendore. He's rumoured to be a jovial person and I'm sure it will be easy for me to stay close to him the whole night”, she explained. “Keira should stay with me, at least for most of the time, considering that she will play my handmaiden. And at least one of my bodyguards should stick close to me, to uphold the masquerade”

“Understood”, Ayden answered. “I'm probably going to stay close to the High Septon. No offence, but I don't trust either of you to behave around a holy man” Keira's mouth formed a wide smirk at these words and she shook her head. “Clever man”, she complimented him with a sarcastic sneer. “What's with your girl? Harpy mentioned she might be able to help”

Ayden gave her a nod. “Her name is Taria. She's been hired to sing for the new Lord Vyrwel and his guests”, he explained. “By now, she should already be there. She gets access to certain parts of the mansion that aren't open for guests. With a bit of luck, she can get us in there”

“Good thinking”, Harpy agreed sternly. “I'm sure the Tom and his men have their own way into the mansion. But they have to hide somewhere, have to wait somewhere until they strike” A determined smile appeared on her face. “We're going to find him. We're going to end him...” She cut herself off, just as a hopeful glimmer appeared on her face. “Maybe there can be peace after today”

“There will be”, the Burned Man's deep voice sounded and Harpy quickly turned around. He was sitting in a wooden wheelchair in the doorway that lead deeper into the mansion. Behind him, one of his dothraki bodyguards had taken position. Today, the Burned Man looked older than he probably was. Even though he hid them underneath a blanket, Jaron was able to see that his hands were shivering. The smile on his face however, while tired, was genuine and as he looked at Harpy, his dark eyes shined with pride. “You look beautiful”, he said.

A bright smile appeared on Harpy's face as she approached him to give him a soft hug. For a moment, she just held the crippled men in her arms. “Thank you”, she whispered. “How are you feeling today?” The Burned Man's smile got a bit smaller. “Not very well”, he admitted briefly, obviously not wanting to deepen this topic, before he looked past her, towards Jaron. “Ser Jaron, I was hoping to speak to you for a moment, in private”

Harpy took a step back, concern on her face. “I... I should bring you your milk. Is it the pain again?”, she asked quickly. The Burned Man shook his head and closed his eyes for a moment. “Not necessary”, he said. “I have enough who can tend to my needs. I need you to prepare for your mission” As Jaron approached the two, the crimelord grabbed her hand and held it for a moment. “I am so proud of you”, he told her.

Harpy gulped, the look in her eyes a mixture of confusion and genuine affection, before she looked at Jaron. “Then I'm going to leave you alone”, she said as she walked away from the crimelord. As she passed Jaron, she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “Be nice to each other, please”

Without giving a visible order, the Burned Man's bodyguard started to pull the wheelchair back, signalling Jaron to follow. As he walked next to the crimelord, he was unsure if he should salute or not. “So... what is it you wanted to talk about with me?”, he asked. “Burned Man, Ser...”, he added after a short moment.

The Burned Man raised an eyebrow. “Arkan”, he said and Jaron gave him a confused look. “Please, use my real name when talking to me”, the crimelord explained. “I think we should be closer than that. It feels odd if the man who sleeps with my adopted daughter does not address me by my real name”

Jaron widely opened his eyes and quickly shook his head. “Oh, we... we haven't yet...”, he stuttered. Something that resembled a weak chuckle was heard from the Burned Man. “I don't want to hear the details. What matters is, you make her very happy”, he answered. “Ever since you confessed your feelings, I see this spark in her eyes, a spark which I thought she had lost” He paused and a stern look appeared on his face. “A bit of the innocence I thought this city had taken from her”, he muttered. “For that, I can never thank you enough. For that, I see you as a friend”

Jaron gulped at these words. “A... a friend?”, he stuttered, completely surprised by these words. “Ser... Arkan, I would be...” The Burned Man cut him off before he could continue. “Please, don't say you would be honoured. We both know, that is not the truth and you are not a sycophant”, he said. “In fact, I would be the honoured one” He let out a sigh. “Jaron, I need to ask something of you. Not an order... a request. A favour perhaps”

“What is it... Arkan?”, Jaron asked. With a handwave, the Burned Man ordered the bodyguard to stop pushing the wheelchair. “After today, I would like you to leave this city”, he answered bluntly. For a moment, Jaron glanced at him in confusion, looking for a hint of sarcasm on the crimelords face. Instead, he found only seriousness and sorrow.

“What?”, Jaron hissed, quickly sounding more furious than he intended. “You are sending me away? I... you told me you would approve of my relationship with Harpy! You just told me how thankful you are! Now you're asking of me to leave her?”

The Burned Man shook his head and a cryptic smile appeared on his face. “I never said anything about leaving her”, he clarified. “I want you to leave my employment and this city, but I want you to take Harpy with you” And Jaron started to understand what he was talking about.

“You want her to leave you...”, he mumbled. “But why? After all the years you cared for her, you are sending her away?” The Burned Man gave him a sad nod. “It was a thought I had for a longer time. But the nature of Butterfly's death... it proved to me that I had to act before this city would ruin her. Tonight, I still need her, but after that... I have to save her”

“So you are sending her away?”, Jaron protested. “You know how much you mean to her” The Burned Man gave him a sad nod. “And she means to me even more. Which is why I have to break her heart”, he explained. “Don't think I am doing this easily. But I see how much she means to you. If there's any man living whom I would trust with caring for her, it would be you”

“But why aren't you leaving this city as well? You don't have to break her heart. You don't have to leave her. Just leave Oldtown”, Jaron urged him. The proposition surprised him, shocked him even. The Burned Man shook his head, sullenly and with regret. “I can't... I simply can't leave...”, he muttered. “Don't you understand? Oldtown is all I am, all that is left of me. With it, I demand respect and on top of that, I am able to help it. With it, I am the Burned Man. Without it, I'm simply a frail old cripple, without a purpose, without use. Without it, I am simply Arkan Gorys, a man who failed at everything he ever attempted in life” An urging look appeared in his eyes. “Don't you see, Jaron? If I give up on this city, I will die”, he said. “At the same time, you don't really think that it is ever going to be over, do you? After Butterfly came the Tom. Who knows what comes after him. This city will never be at peace, but I won't... I can't stop trying”

The sadness in his voice was even more shocking than the nature of his proposition. Never before had Jaron seen the Burned Man like this. So... weak. Even at his most open moments, the Burned Man had still been someone who deserved respect. Right now, Jaron had only pity for him.

“Arkan, what if I don't want to leave?”, he asked, unsure if he could truly accept this proposition. He had seen what the Burned Man was doing here. The good. The bad. It wasn't honourable work, but he had seen the alternative. This city needed the Burned Man. And perhaps it needed Jaron as well.

The Burned Man closed his eyes. “In the past, when I failed to persuade, when I failed to trick, I intimidated. I forced. For once, I doubt force is going to help me”, he said. “I can only beg you, leave this city and convince Harpy to come with you. I will send her away, but I doubt she will leave unless you ask her as well” He sighed regretfully. “I know I did little to deserve your help. I can only ask. Leave and take her with you, before it is too late for her to change”

Jaron sighed. “I... Arkan, I am not sure about this. I am not sure if she would listen to me. And what you are going to do is going to break her heart, even if it might save her in the long run. I'm not sure if I can agree to this”, he said. “Seven Hells, I am not even sure if I want to leave. I did good. I helped this city and I think, in your service, I can continue to help. Maybe... would it be possible to decide later? After the masquerade?”

The Burned Man gave him a nod. “Of course. Or at least, I hope so”, he answered. “Jaron, I respect you and keep in mind, no matter how you are going to decide, I will respect your decision. I know, this must be hard for you, which is why I am not forcing you to do anything. But think about yourself. Think about Harpy. Do you really want to keep her in this rotten hive of a city? Do you want to stay here yourself?”

[Agree to his wish - Leave the city with Harpy] [Ask for more time to think about it - Postpone the decision] [Decline his wish - Stay in Oldtown]

• [Agree to his wish - Leave the city with Harpy] Let's get the hell out of this cursed place. Not only Harpy but who knows what Jaron will become if he continues this line of work. He doesn't belong here.

Jaron “Are you worried?”, Harpy asked softly, as she moved closer, putting her head onto Jaron's chest. They were lying on his bed, fully

• [Leave the city with Harpy]

Jaron “Are you worried?”, Harpy asked softly, as she moved closer, putting her head onto Jaron's chest. They were lying on his bed, fully

• Nothing in this world is black and white. There's two sides to every coin.

Nice to meet you, too.

Grey?....i personaly saw it as black but ok. Anyway i don't blame you i just think it was a preatty horrible thing to do. Anyway nice to meet you.

• edited December 2015

[Ask for more time to think about it - Postpone the decision]

I'll settle for this.

• [Agree to his wish - Leave the city with Harpy] i have impresion if he will stay something will happen, but actually I dont give a sh*t aboute this town...

• In my view i mean.

Nice to meet you too :).

DiverseGnu posted: »

Nothing in this world is black and white. There's two sides to every coin. Nice to meet you, too.

• [Agree to his wish - Leave the city with Harpy]

jaron be like "im outta here bitches"

enter image description here

• [Agree to his wish - Leave the city with Harpy]

• edited December 2015

[Decline his wish - Stay in Oldtown](Edit: nope)Someone has to be martin's wingman, and Ayden would make a pretty poor excuse for one. In all seriousness though, Jaron has helped this city greatly and I think Oldtown needs Jaron as much as it needs Burned Man. Also this is the only true home Harpy has ever known and I doubt she could adapt to small town life.

Edit: Changing my vote to [Ask for more time to think about it - Postpone the decision] cause compromise.

• I think this line of work has actually made him a better man. No he is a protector of the weak and exterminator of butterflies.

[Agree to his wish - Leave the city with Harpy] Let's get the hell out of this cursed place. Not only Harpy but who knows what Jaron will become if he continues this line of work. He doesn't belong here.

• I don't think having a crucial role in a criminal organisation has made him a better man. Just look at what he let happen to the fake Butterfly.

I think this line of work has actually made him a better man. No he is a protector of the weak and exterminator of butterflies.

• Agent is right it has in no way made him a better man. All he got from this was more experience.

I think this line of work has actually made him a better man. No he is a protector of the weak and exterminator of butterflies.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.