Forum of Thrones: An Interactive Story

Comments

• [Try to escape]
    [Tell Rhaenys your story]

Raenna With a smirk, Raenna shook her head. “That is a stupid idea”, she brought up and Harrold rolled his eyes. Behind him, Eon enthusia

• edited December 2017

[Surrender] In the end I decide to change this choice
    [Request to tell her in private] I suppose that Ellena as a young kid would like more to speak about her past only to a person that she can feel to trust.

RT:
    1)No rodeo=worst Raenna part ever
    2)It seems that Raenna really like the new company eh?
    3)Today we discover that the Umber problem is a family problem! And a really wild one! (and that the ladies of that house really like bears)
    4)If I must be honest I don't understand the role that Raenna should have for the Umber...speak with Kory? Assasinate him if she discover that he work with the wildlings (something that seems really obvious)? To be honest I'm a little disappointed by the premise of this storyline but I will wait the start of it before give a real opinion about it
    5)Btw I hope that Raenna won't forget Briar and I'm still curious to read about the characters that you will introduce in her future storyline called "Kory in the House Umber"
    6)Meanwhile at Oldtown Keat has the best day of his life! Hunted by creditors while his family is disappeared who knows where!
    7)It is ironic that Keat has comeback to Oldtown to finally pay his debts and instead he found himself in troubles and nobody trust his word
    8)What Bannister do to Keat was a little messed up
    9)Ah ah! I knew that the guy that protect Keat siblings was Samuel! Btw I'm curious to read what happened to them
    10)It seems that The Thousand Shades of Flowers is recruiting manpower (and an assasin like Puffer it is for sure a wise choice)
    11)In the Ellena part instead we discover..that Noelle has not a high chance to survive the end of the story!
    12)I really enjoy read the "deal" that Aegon and his supporters (expecially Visenya) make with House Darklyn
    13)Ah ah! Aegon has start the REAL conquest!He is going to collect all the swords of the Westeros region and complete the SworldDex!Gotta take them all!
    14) I really find sweet the conversation between Ellena and Rhaenys
    15)And with her promotion to handmaiden of a queen Ellena is now the Lady Mira of FoT!Let's hope for her that she will not suffer the same fate
    16)Speaking of the other two handmaidens I'm curious to discover if one of them is Ser Daghan daughter.
    17)In the end I'm really curious to read the last part of this chapter! I bet that it is an Arthur one!

BQD:
    Aegon Targaryen
    “I require your swords”
    And now that I finally finish this really long post about the last part of the story I'm happy to give my congratulations to Liquid since today mark the third anniversary of this story!A year full of memorable events inside the story (Torvin and Lucas deaths,the start of Aegon Conquest etc) and that end the First Book of FoT and start the second one (only after a really enjoyable interlude with all the Westeros rulers as PoV)!

HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY TO FoT,LIQUID AND ALL THE OTHER READERS OF THIS EPIC STORY!!

Raenna With a smirk, Raenna shook her head. “That is a stupid idea”, she brought up and Harrold rolled his eyes. Behind him, Eon enthusia

• Agh I knew Keat should have given up the backpack. I did not trust that guy.

Once again, your intuition did not fail you. Thorrin is indeed not the most trustworthy guy and the deal he gave him should have been suspicious to begin with, that was a taste of his very sick taste of humour.

Ellena is moving up in the world.

I'd say it's more of a roller coaster. Not too long ago, she was the daughter of a rich Braavosi merchant with contacts to the Reach in Westeros, making her the setting's equivalent of a millionaire's daughter. Then things turned really shitty for her and this right here might be the start of something better. Handmaiden to a queen might be at least somewhat comparable to the life she had before all this.

Also, this is Kory Umber. Hm. Hm. Hm. Great Other? Probably not?

I can confirm, Kory is probably not the Great Other and it is not too likely he is one of his servants either. Not impossible, I'd never rule this out, but there are more likely possibilities.

Why is Visenya always so maligned? Poor woman.

I wouldn't say she is actively maligned, but I get what you mean. Visenya is respected and feared, but not to the same degree as Aegon and unlike Rhaenys, few outright love her. That is the problem she faces. As a leader, she is overshadowed by Aegon, who is basically a prodigy. As a woman, the more charming, more classically beautiful Rhaenys attracts way more attention. That isn't even Rhaenys' fault, she loves her sister dearly, but she cannot change how people see them. When it comes to Visenya's relationship with Aegon, their backstory has to be taken into account. She is the wife that was forced upon him, the one he had to marry out of tradition, but Rhaenys is the one he chose and loves. He has a lot of respect for Visenya and values her as a friend and advisor, but she has long since come to terms with the fact that he will never truly love her. It is a marriage of duty between them and neither treats it as anything else. Doesn't mean that she doesn't feel uncomfortable when seeing how happy Aegon is with Rhaenys.

[Try to escape] Agh I knew Keat should have given up the backpack. I did not trust that guy. [Request to tell her in private] Eh, why not

• [Surrender]
    [Request to tell her in private]

• Hmm, interesting part in the North, and finally we know what's this mysterious problem of the Umber's. From what we know now it seems indeed pretty obvious that Koryn is the one leaking the information to the wildlings. However, I could see there being some deeper reasons than "he is one of the wildings now". For example, the wildlings could be blackmailing him to do this. Maybe they have his child as a prisoner, or some shit like that. Or maybe I'm looking into this too much and Koryn just genuinely doesn't feel like the Umber's are his true family anymore and is happy to bamboozle them. Btw, kinda badass that the Umber's are keeping fricking bears as pets :D

That is what Dag is hoping for, that there is a sympathetic reason for Kory leaking information to the Umber's. In such a case, even a man as hard as Roffe might show an ounce of mercy. Kory has been gone for years and no one knows what happened to him beyond the wall, so the Umber brothers obviously fear the worst, but Dag has the hope that Raenna will be able to uncover that not everything is as easy as it seems. We'll learn more about this in the next chapter. I can hint that there will be a larger arc for Raenna and the true motives of Kory are not even the most important mystery there, so I don't intend to keep you guessing for too long. And well, the Umber's indeed keep bears as pets. Just the girls though, Dag, Roffe and Kory have triplet sisters who each have a grown ass bear by their side. Gives you a general idea that this family is not to be fucked with.

And oh man, Keat is having the worst day ever. I'm sure he is starting to regret coming back to Oldtown... maybe he could've started a new career in Lannisport, I've heard they appreciate tricksters there :D And I have to say, the mutilated ear might harm Keat's trick of being bland and blending into the crowd. Unless he keeps a hood on or grows long enough hair to cover it, it's certainly going to catch the eye.

Definitely among the top 5 worst days he had this year. He does not regret coming back to Oldtown (yet) because that is where his family is and he only left when he got into trouble with too many people at once (Butterfly being among them and you know that is no man to fuck with). You are right that the ear is making it difficult for him to blend in from now on, but Keat will find a way. It gives him a distinct facial feature, something he was glad to lack before this, so he has to find a way to hide it.

Lastly, these parts with the Targaryen's are just a treat =) It's so awesome to see them take their first steps in building their kingdom, and see how their distinct personalities compliment each other in any given situation. That's a powerful and dynamic trio if I ever saw one. And looks like Ellena chose the option that pleased Aegon the most, that's good. Visenia probably would've preferred her to be even harsher towards Noelle, while I imagine Rhaenys would've been sympathetic towards the merciful option. Nonetheless, she chose to make Ellena her handmaiden, and I'm glad for that :) Also kind of interesting that Noelle thinks the enemy is already near Aegon... gotta keep an eye out for that. And then for the choices...

I am glad you enjoy the Targaryen's! I myself had a lot of fun writing all three of them together, so I know it'll be great to continue doing that in the future, even if they'll occasionally spend several chapters apart from each other as well. They do work together very well, because despite their differences in terms of personality, they think alike where it truly matters. I'd say they complete each other and Aegon wouldn't be as successful as he is without Rhaenys and Visenya. He is indeed the most pleased by Ellena's choice, though being a bit of a middle option between the more extreme ones of killing her now and sparing her outright, neither Rhaenys nor Visenya are displeased either. Rhaenys would have been a bit unhappy about Ellena choosing the option to outright kill Noelle, but it wouldn't have changed anything about Aegon's decision. He was simply curious about Ellena's opinion. And yeah, Noelle believes the enemy is nearby, but to be honest here, she has been wrong before. Her visions hold some degree of truth, but her main flaw is that she considers herself to be more adapt at interpreting them than she truly is. I guess the key to true success as a Red Priest is to admit that no vision is ever completely clear and that sometimes, things have a chance to be not as absolute as they might think.

The thing is, as bad luck as it was for Keat to run into Lanford right after Bannister, I do consider him to be one of the better people in Oldtown. I know, not a particularly high standard there, but still. And Keat should have enough money already to keep Hishi and her people satisfied, even if he can't pay the whole debt yet. For what we've seen they are reasonable people, and will probably give Keat some kind of chance to prove himself. And then there's the fact that I am very curious to finally meet Hishi :D

Indeed, I'd say as far as Oldtown goes, there's worse people than Lanford. He has not been shaped by this city, but by his time as a soldier and as such, he has a sense of duty that is not common with the average Oldtown street thug. He is loyal to Hishi and for all we know, Hishi is miles better than Butterfly. The thing is also, Keat can pay his debt, he has the coin thanks to Maya and Hishi is less likely to take it all when compared to someone as cruel as Bannister. That being said, Keat has reason to be afraid, so caution is always advisable.

Hmm, interesting part in the North, and finally we know what's this mysterious problem of the Umber's. From what we know now it seems indeed

• [Try to escape] While this isn't the smartest decision, it is definitely the more interesting of the two. I knew we should've just given it to Thorin. Now Keat has a funky ear. And now he officially has the worst luck in all of Oldtown, running into half of his creditors in a mere matter of minutes. While I like Lanford a lot, a real dependable guy, I really just want to make it so that Keat cares about family above all else. I wonder where Sam and the kids ended up. Maybe with the mysterious Forrester brother?

[Tell Rhaenys your story] Don't want to start off on a bad foot. Her story is definitely an interesting one, and might in fact win her a few brownie points with the folk in the court. Now Ellena's a handmaiden to a queen! Lets see how this turns out, having a commoner as a servant to one of the most powerful women in Westeros. Poor Darklyn is now a lonely chump, lost both his father and his brother, alone in the high castle of his. I wonder if this might prompt a marriage between him and someone else soon.

As for Raenna's part, I was so bloody excited! Umber's are having Wildling raids that even they can't handle! Raenna is going to go in and.... I am not entirely sure what's she supposed to do, but I am excited to see the Umber situation unfold. Kory is back in town it seems, and stirring up all sorts of issues. A wildling amongst a family of Wildling slayers.What could go wrong? And now we know what happened to Dag and Roffe's wolves. Didn't want to scare the locals it seems. Oh boy is this going to be exciting!

• [Try to escape]
    Damn... Keat is maimed now, I feel bad for the guy. It's tougher to run away now that he's injured, but Keat needs to hold on to that money. He didn't just get half his ear ripped off for nothing. Besides, we need to pay back Bannister, so Hishi can fuck off, for now at least.

No need to be so dramatic, Forum of Thrones is filled with tragic backstories.

• 1)No rodeo=worst Raenna part ever

I agree, that storyline is borderline ruined now and saving it requires at least a bear rodeo once we meet the Umber's. I guess now I can confirm though that Harrold wouldn't have died if he would have tried to mount the moose. Surprisingly, he would have gotten to mount it even, that animal is particularly chill. However, when trying to actually ride it, the moose would have panicked and would have started to try and throw him off, which it would have managed to do before running away. Harrold would have received some very minor injuries and a valuable lesson.

2)It seems that Raenna really like the new company eh?

She does indeed. That is actually what she was looking for, company, people she enjoys to spend time with, in a new life that has nothing to do with killing people for coin. This is the start of something new for her and she'll try and make the best of it.

3)Today we discover that the Umber problem is a family problem! And a really wild one! (and that the ladies of that house really like bears)

What can I say, the entire family is wild. Ironically, out of the mainland northern houses, the Umber's are among those closer to Wildlings in their customs than many others, such as Karstark or Manderly. Don't tell that to Roffe though, that is the last thing he wants to hear.

4)If I must be honest I don't understand the role that Raenna should have for the Umber...speak with Kory? Assasinate him if she discover that he work with the wildlings (something that seems really obvious)? To be honest I'm a little disappointed by the premise of this storyline but I will wait the start of it before give a real opinion about it

Raenna herself is not too sure what she is supposed to do with Kory, but Dag trusts Brandon, who believes her to be the most capable for this. That being said, I can tease that though it might seem a little bit underwhelming right now, Raenna's storyline is planned to be among the most exciting ones in Book 2. All I ask for is that you wait until Chapter 3 to fully form your opinion.

5)Btw I hope that Raenna won't forget Briar and I'm still curious to read about the characters that you will introduce in her future storyline called "Kory in the House Umber"

Oh, she definitely won't forget about Briar. In fact, Briar will accompany her to the Last Hearth, as Raenna does not want to leave her alone just yet. Aside from that though, many new characters will shine in that storyline.

6)Meanwhile at Oldtown Keat has the best day of his life! Hunted by creditors while his family is disappeared who knows where!

Truly the best day he ever had. To run into Bannister first was already terrible luck, but then pretty much stumbling over Lanford as well, that's when Keat realized the universe really had it out for him this day.

7)It is ironic that Keat has comeback to Oldtown to finally pay his debts and instead he found himself in troubles and nobody trust his word

Ironic, but not undeserved, to be honest. Even Bannister has a point, as Keat really screwed him over, cheating him out of a lot of coin. That might explain his anger. Nobody trusts a thief and liar, as Keat now realizes.

8)What Bannister do to Keat was a little messed up

Aye, but that is Bannister. He is a little messed up in general. More stable than many of the Solvers and actually disgusted by their actions, but by no means a well adjusted and rational person.

9)Ah ah! I knew that the guy that protect Keat siblings was Samuel! Btw I'm curious to read what happened to them

Yes, it was indeed Samuel Puffer, who can now get a new storyline to receive some more characterization in. We haven't seen much of him in Book 1 and he was a bit overshadowed by the other Samuel he had to share his screentime with, but with Harrington gone from Oldtown, that can finally change.

10)It seems that The Thousand Shades of Flowers is recruiting manpower (and an assasin like Puffer it is for sure a wise choice)

Hishi is expanding for sure. With the massive power vacuum caused by the absence of the Burned Man and Butterfly, there are chances for someone who is determined and fast enough and someone such as Samuel can be of great use in the days to come.

11)In the Ellena part instead we discover..that Noelle has not a high chance to survive the end of the story!

I'd say it is not impossible that she survives, but her chances are not particularly high, no. Thing is, neither does she want to. Noelle has a crisis of faith and for all the terrible things she did, she still feels guilt over them, so she seeks redemption by fully giving in to the will of her god. She believes that there is nothing left for her but death once she finishes her purpose of defeating the Great Other cultist that seeks to go against Aegon, so should she succeed at that task (which in itself holds plenty of chances for death on its own), she is ready to die if this is what Aegon sees fit.

12)I really enjoy read the "deal" that Aegon and his supporters (expecially Visenya) make with House Darklyn

Visenya was Aegon's trump card here. Rhaenys would have tried to win Damon over, but Visenya realized that he cannot be charmed, he must be forced. Sometimes, a ruler has to be harsh and this is what Visenya represents. So, I'd say the fact that this Darklyn situation got over at least somewhat smoothly is almost entirely thanks to her.

13)Ah ah! Aegon has start the REAL conquest!He is going to collect all the swords of the Westeros region and complete the SworldDex!Gotta take them all!

Why do I have the Pokemon theme song in my head right now? But you uncovered Aegon's true goal. It is not to rule over all of the kingdoms, but to complete his collection of rare swords. Damon's famous blade was only the beginning.

14) I really find sweet the conversation between Ellena and Rhaenys

That's Rhaenys after all, being sweet is kinda her thing. She has taken a liking to Ellena already and as such, I look forward for their future interactions now that Ellena is her handmaiden.

15)And with her promotion to handmaiden of a queen Ellena is now the Lady Mira of FoT!Let's hope for her that she will not suffer the same fate

Well, she is lucky that she has no family to support back home, so she can choose to stay out of the schemes at court. The same fate is unlikely, after all, you know what to look out for. But there might be some difficulties nonetheless.

16)Speaking of the other two handmaidens I'm curious to discover if one of them is Ser Daghan daughter.

Quite possible, yeah. Daghan previously confirmed that his daughter is a handmaiden, though if to Queen Rhaenys or to one of the other ladies at court (or one of the other houses sworn to Targaryen, such as Velaryon and Celtigar) remains to be seen. These two handmaidens will be important characters for Ellena to interact with in the parts to come.

17)In the end I'm really curious to read the last part of this chapter! I bet that it is an Arthur one!

A good guess, as good as any to be fair. I chose not to reveal whom the final part will be granted to this time, because the moment I announce it, you will know that it will be a tense part and I kinda want you to be surprised by it. Usually, it's nothing bad with revealing the finale PoV, but this time, I think it'll work better if I remain completely silent about it, without even giving a hint. Three days from now and you will know the truth ;)

BQD:
    Aegon Targaryen
    “I require your swords”

And now that I finally finish this really long post about the last part of the story I'm happy to give my congratulations to Liquid since today mark the third anniversary of this story!A year full of memorable events inside the story (Torvin and Lucas deaths,the start of Aegon Conquest etc) and that end the First Book of FoT and start the second one (only after a really enjoyable interlude with all the Westeros rulers as PoV)!

Man, it really has been quite the year, huh? Feels odd that a year ago, I still had Torvin parts and Lucas parts to write about, I really miss them. The kings hadn't been introduced, Aegon was not yet in the game and the story itself was arguably smaller. Things will only branch out further from here and I hope in a year from now, we can say that this coming year was as eventful for the story as this one.

[Surrender] In the end I decide to change this choice [Request to tell her in private] I suppose that Ellena as a young kid would like more

• I wonder where Sam and the kids ended up. Maybe with the mysterious Forrester brother?

Hm, one possible guess. Keep in mind, that wouldn't be all that good for Keat, because Efram Forrester is working for Robert Tavner, while another of his subordinates, a man called Vogero, is also on his payload, so wherever you look, there's always a new person Keat owes coin to. He really messed up before he left Oldtown the first time.

Now Ellena's a handmaiden to a queen! Lets see how this turns out, having a commoner as a servant to one of the most powerful women in Westeros.

Well, Ellena is not exactly a commoner. In Braavos, she was the daughter of a rich merchant, making her technically smallfolk by Westerosi definition, but of the very influential kind. She has received a training in courtly manners that is in no way inferior to what is taught to noble girls in Westeros.

Poor Darklyn is now a lonely chump, lost both his father and his brother, alone in the high castle of his. I wonder if this might prompt a marriage between him and someone else soon.

Well, if Visenya is right, he does have feelings for Amerei Mooton and he definitely was kinda passionate about defending her, though he insists this is not the case. He is the young unmarried lord of a major noble house, so the only thing limiting his chances right now is the fact that 95% of the unmarried women in his age live in kingdoms that are at war with his new liege.

As for Raenna's part, I was so bloody excited! Umber's are having Wildling raids that even they can't handle! Raenna is going to go in and.... I am not entirely sure what's she supposed to do, but I am excited to see the Umber situation unfold. Kory is back in town it seems, and stirring up all sorts of issues. A wildling amongst a family of Wildling slayers.What could go wrong? And now we know what happened to Dag and Roffe's wolves. Didn't want to scare the locals it seems. Oh boy is this going to be exciting!

I am really glad you enjoyed this revelation! The Umbers do have some issues and actually, I might send you a PM soon about some plans which I would like to check up with you before fully establishing them. For now, we got Kory back home, but as a changed man (I guess living among wildlings for half his life has such an effect). And yeah, the wolves remained at the Last Hearth, chilling with the bears. While it would have been even more impressive to have them accompanied by fully grown wolves, I guess this is one of the situations where such displays of force aren't exactly appropriate.

Bounden posted: »

[Try to escape] While this isn't the smartest decision, it is definitely the more interesting of the two. I knew we should've just given it

• Damn... Keat is maimed now, I feel bad for the guy. It's tougher to run away now that he's injured, but Keat needs to hold on to that money. He didn't just get half his ear ripped off for nothing. Besides, we need to pay back Bannister, so Hishi can fuck off, for now at least.

Yeah, that will have an effect on him, on top of being a really painful injury. Blending in won't be all that easy anymore, luckily he still has that hood of his. But you are right, running away will be tough to pull off, but if he succeeds, he will get to keep the coin for now, maybe to pay back Bannister instead of Hishi.

No need to be so dramatic, Forum of Thrones is filled with tragic backstories.

Very true indeed and Ellena's isn't all that tragic when compared to others (just take a look at what Kersea or Janae have been through), though given her age, she might not feel all that confident with being so candid about the whole thing. That's really the whole reason for the choice here, to determine how open she is about her past in general.

DiverseGnu posted: »

[Try to escape] Damn... Keat is maimed now, I feel bad for the guy. It's tougher to run away now that he's injured, but Keat needs to hold

• [Surrender]

• [Surrender] Keat might be a character with the worst luck in this story, lmao.

It's amazing to realise that 3 years have passed so quickly. I gotta admit, no other fanfic on this forum hooked me up as much as FOT did. It's more than just a forum story and I hope it'll get its time to shine. I'm really glad that FOT is nowhere near the ending and there's so much more to come :) Thank you, Sebastian, for this piece of art.
    Also, Merry Christmas and Happy NEw Year's Eve!

• [Surrender]

• I took so much to comment because I'm on vacation, so the timezone is different. So this is the problem of House Umber, an important fact to know. And I thought having a moose and a unicorn as pets was unusual, but bears are right there on the 'unique' pets alongside them.
    [Surrender] Trying to escape while injured isn't the best idea. I always suspected Hishi was a woman, but from where is the next big question.
    [Tell Rhaenys your story] Not much harm there. Still, in my opinion, Rhaenys is easily the least understood of the three Conquerors, and while we know her public face, her private face was much less known.

• The time has passed surprisingly fast, gotta admit this. It's true what they say, time flies when you do something you enjoy and I certainly love writing this story. Definitely, there is a lot more to come and as said, I also hope to eventually expand the story onto other sites. Given it actually justifies having a wiki, it'd be a shame if I don't manage to expand it in some capacity. Anyways, out of all the readers, you deserve my special gratitude actually, not only as a reader of the first hour, but most importantly, because I still highly doubt I would have decided to actually start the story if not for your own and the encouragement. I started it pretty much on a whim and I definitely was not prepared for how big it would grow :D As such, it is possible I wouldn't have started it without the inspiration and it is unlikely I would have started it (at least not to such success) if I would have let the moment slip. So, thank you for your wonderful support!

[Surrender] Keat might be a character with the worst luck in this story, lmao. [Request to tell her in private] It's amazing to realis

• I took so much to comment because I'm on vacation, so the timezone is different.

Ah, you are actually perfectly in time for the vote, not late at all. I mean, I will close the voting probably in around twelve hours from now (on the slight chance anyone else still wishes to vote), therefore releasing the part likely just before heading out for the evening. And I hope your vacation is a nice one! Switching time zones can be a pain in the ass, but as long as the actual vacation is great, it hopefully makes up for it.

So this is the problem of House Umber, an important fact to know. And I thought having a moose and a unicorn as pets was unusual, but bears are right there on the 'unique' pets alongside them.

Aye, a hint for Raenna's storyline to come. The thing with the bears is, there's actually documented cases of people taming bears, though obviously, these would be not exactly docile pets, but more like semi-tamed animals that simply accept the human as their leader. The Umber women have good reason to keept he company of bears and this will be explored at some point in Book 2, though I am not yet sure when I can tell you more about this.

Edinosaur23 posted: »

I took so much to comment because I'm on vacation, so the timezone is different. So this is the problem of House Umber, an important fact to

• edited December 2017

The Voting is closed!

Keat is going to surrender to Lanford

Ellena is going to request telling her story to Rhaenys in private

Well, that went as expected, roughly at least. Keat surrendering to Lanford is a bit of a risk, but still less than trying to run away from a trained killer with a crossbow and a zero tolerance policy for people giving him shit. I can confirm, he would have been captured either way, the difference is that now he at least won't have a bolt in his leg for his troubles, because yeah, Lanford would have totally shot him. Meanwhile, the second choice was actually a tie, but instead of waiting for another vote, I break it by picking the one that has been voted on first. As it is, Rhaenys has no reason to deny Ellena this request, as long as she receives her answers, she will be okay with it. Some elements at Aegon's court might be less pleased with this decision though, as it means Ellena will keep secrets from them. As such, there might be some tensions coming up.

Now, the next part will be out today. It is almost finished even, just needs some polishing and I need to write the Next Time segment. Expect it done in maybe two hours or so. It will be a PoV from a PoV character in the story, that is pretty much all the information you need to deduce that I'm going to keep said PoV a mystery until actually releasing the part. In my best Illidan impression, allow me to tell you... You are not prepared! Or well, maybe you are by now, given how I teased that this will be a part worthy of being the final one for this year and for the first chapter of Book 2.

One thing must be talked about though and it is the way I thought about handling things with this chapter finale. In previous chapter finales, I had the part itself, the the Next Time segment and then the questions, you were able to reply to each individually. Obviously, the current forum layout makes this impossible and this is what I feared and why I still am not sold on this linear style. So, things might get a bit confusing, with you replying to the part and the other two post and me replying to each individually. A bit of chaos is inevitable here and the last thing I want is to tell you how to do your commenting. I am simply happy about any comment I get for this. If you don't have the time to reply to everything in one post, then that is totally fine. If you manage to do so though, I shall reply to your post also all at once, meaning what was previously two or three replies to two or three posts by each user might be able to be narrowed down to one big comment and one big reply. It is in no way required and if you wish to reply to each individually and in your own speed, then that's alright, but it might be a way to keep things from becoming more chaotic than what can't be avoided. Just my thought on this upcoming mini issue, I really hope none of you feel discouraged from sharing your thoughts due to this, as I literally live and breathe on them :D

• Yeah, that's a minor issue ain't it?
    I still haven't seen anything in favour of 'more organized this way'. The only potentially good thing about this is that people that reply to post several pages back is seen. But yeah, I still hope that the threaded style will come back and that this will be gone sometime next year.

I still want to give the webteam credit for actually listening this time around, giving us back the darker background, the mainposts, the forumlayout we had before (although there should be an option to make 'recent discussion' the main one) and so forth.

The Voting is closed! Keat is going to surrender to Lanford Ellena is going to request telling her story to Rhaenys in private Well

• That is right, I still don't buy this "More organized" argument and consider it not only highly subjective (and judging by the negativity towards this new style, a majority seems to disagree with it being more organized), but also a bit cheap. However, there is one argument that actually can be brought in favour of the linear style and that is the fact that it works. The threaded style was apparently implemented with inherent issues in 2013 and it became more obvious as the forum received further updates, going from a seemingly perfectly fine forum in 2014 to the mess we had in the weeks leading up to the big update, with several features plain broken due to the tons of custom code that has been involved. You've seen that, I've seen that, it was pretty much the opposite of the forums we have right now. Everything spoke against it aside from the super comfortable threaded style, while right now we have it backwards, with everything else but the linear style being a clear improvement over the way things were. I am all in favour of bringing back the threaded style, but if they do, I absolutely want them to take their time and make it work properly with the forum software this time. Still have to say though, the fact that they listened to our suggestions deserves major credit, they might have done a controversial step with the linear style in general, but everything they did afterwards is genuinely great. I can live with the forums as they are right now and while I really miss the threaded style, I think it might not be all that dramatic once further tweaks (which I believe are at least considered) will be implemented. We'll see how I feel a year from now, but I am actually positive about the future of the forums.

captainivy1 posted: »

Yeah, that's a minor issue ain't it? I still haven't seen anything in favour of 'more organized this way'. The only potentially good thing

• Richard

Entering his house from the back door, Richard was greeted by the unusual sight of Leonard Constantine in a good mood. The knight was smiling as he leant over the table, looking at the things he'd take with him to Oldtown. Jenna stood next to him, assisting him and from the look on her face, she seemed equally surprised about his smile. He was even humming, a song that seemed faintly familiar.

“Clothes”, the knight said and Jenna quickly handed him a neatly folded pile she had washed just a day ago. “These should suffice for two weeks. Maybe a bit longer if you don't change them every day” Leonard raised an eyebrow. “Who wouldn't change their clothes every day?”, he asked with a grin, giving her a nudge with his elbow. “I'm not some savage, you know”

Jenna quickly raised her hands. “Oh, that's not what I...”, she started, before she noticed the grin on his face. She rolled her eyes, though she smiled. “You'll need these as well”, she said, handing him a linen blanket, wrapped around several smaller objects. Leonard inspected the bundle, before he tilted his head. “Good thinking”, he admitted. “Everyone's talking about travelling, but why is it that they all forget forks and spoons?”

“I don't know”, Jenna replied. “You tell me” She smirked and Leonard started to chuckle at her comment, when they spotted Richard. Smiling softly at his daughter, he followed by giving Leonard a nod. “Getting ready for the journey, huh”, he commented, noticing that Leonard took a deep breath before answering. “I'll help no one by being broody”, he explained”

“You're in a strangely good mood”, Kersea commented, as she left the room that had become hers entirely after Alan had to leave. Leonard shrugged. “And you won't spoil it for me”, he replied nonchalantly, to which Kersea sighed, as she moved past him. “My stuff is ready”, she proclaimed. “So, once you're done, we can leave”

To Richard's surprise, Leonard flashed her a grin. “I can hardly contain myself”, he told her, as he turned back to the table. “I'm going to need my armour”, he spoke and Jenna gave him a nod. “Put it into a crate yesterday”, she told him. “It's ready. Polished your sword and I think I sharpened it as well”

Leonard raised an eyebrow. “You know how to do that?”, he asked and Jenna gulped. “I, uh, saw it once or twice”, she admitted. “It is sharp though, I tested it” Leonard flashed her a grin. “It is sharp because I sharpened it the day before. If anything, you probably made it more blunt than before”, he revealed and her smile faded. To this, he sighed. “Now, don't give me that look!”, he stated. “That thing you're doing, with the eyes. Makes me feel like I'm kicking a puppy”

Kersea grimaced, quickly looking away from Leonard, as she leant against the wall, between the front door and the window. Richard decided to join her and as he approached her, Leonard patted Jenna onto the back. “What do you say, once I return, I show you how to do it properly”

Richard smiled as Jenna's own smile returned and he stood next to Kersea leaning against the wall between her and the window. Though she was still frowning, probably due to the still present injury, she managed to smile at him, thinly, though almost genuine. “I'm not sure how I can repay you”, she broke the silence between them.

“You spared my life before”, Richard reminded her. “I'd say that makes us even” To this, Kersea shook her head. “Sparing a life and saving it, that's hardly comparable”, she stated. “You did more than you had to. More than anyone else would have done in your situation”

Richard shrugged. “I'd like to imagine that's not true”, he told her. “The world would be a better place” Now, Kersea's grim smile widened. “It's not though”, she claimed. “That makes you special” He gave her a long look. “Special?”, he asked and she gulped. “Kinda”, she replied. “What would you call it?”

Instead of replying right away, Richard looked at Jenna, his heart beaming with pride as he watched her. She was speaking to Leonard, joking even, when half a year ago, she wouldn't have dared to go anywhere near him. Somewhere down the road, his girl had grown up. “I'm a father”, he finally said. “I guess that requires compassion”

Kersea seemed unconvinced. “Mullendore is a father as well”, she reminded him, to which Richard shook his head. “He has a son, or several. That doesn't make him a father, for I doubt he has ever been anything like it to any of his children”, he answered.

“True”, Kersea simply admitted. “You're more than a father though” Richard raised an eyebrow. “You brought us together. If it wouldn't have been for you, this wouldn't work out”, she explained and looked at Leonard. “Me and him? We're no friends, alright, but you made us work together”

Richard had never seen it this way. Hearing it from her though, it meant something. “Perhaps you're right”, he admitted and she chuckled, her smile turning more genuine. “We would have been enemies if not for you”, she continued. “They respect you. I do at least and I think even this Saerya does, in a way”

“Maybe”, Richard spoke. “Who knows what that woman is up to” His gaze wandered back to Jenna and he sighed. Leonard was still humming a bit louder now and Jenna raised an eyebrow. “What is that song?”, she asked, to which Leonard grinned. “One of my favourites”, he told her and to her visible surprise, he put a hand onto her back, grabbing one of hers with the other one. “The Dornishman's wife would sing as she bathed, in a voice that was sweet as a peach”, he sang, pulling Jenna with him into an improvised dance. “But the Dornishman's blade had a song of it's own and a bite sharp and cold as a leech”

He laughed heartily and so did Jenna as the knight twirled her around, a sight Richard had dearly missed. “It's been a long time since I saw her that way”, he revealed. “Unburdened, with a smile instead of a frown. There is my reason for doing all this. What else could I need?”

“What else indeed”, Kersea admitted and she raised an eyebrow. “Perhaps he's not entirely a jerk” Richard shook his head. “He's not”, he assured her. “Just give him a chance. Watch his back in Oldtown and he'll do the same for you”

To this, she shook her head. “I'm not so convinced he will”, she admitted and Richard put a hand onto her back, noticing how she tensed up almost immediately, though only briefly. “Then look out for yourself while you're out there”, he told her. “Can't speak for him, but I at least don't want you to die. Keeping you alive has been too much of a pain and I'd hate to see that go to waste”

This time, she actually laughed and Richard had to admit, her smile gave her something beautiful. “I'll try my best”, she promised. She looked at him and all of a sudden, her smile faded. As Richard tilted his head, she narrowed her eyes. “Get away from the window”, she hissed and her voice was serious all of a sudden.

“What...”, Richard started, though she had already grabbed him by the shoulders, pulling him away from the window, before she moved closer to Leonard and Jenna, who were leaning against the table. The knight was still humming and Kersea shot him a glare. “Shut up”, she snarled, to which Jenna raised an eyebrow.

“Hey, we're just having fun”, she started, though Leonard seemed to realize what Kersea meant. “What is happening?”, he asked, as Richard tensed up. Her sudden shift in mood was alarming and the words that followed were enough to sent him almost into a fully blown panic. “Maron Mullendore”, she revealed. “Coming up the path. We have a minute to get out of here, maybe two”

Instantly, anger twisted Leonard's features, as he approached the window. Swiftly, Kersea extended an arm to stop him. “Stay away from the window”, she warned him again. “All of you. If he sees just one of us, it's over” Leonard gave her a nod, though the anger did not fade as he slowly backed off.

“How many are with him?”, Richard asked and Kersea frowned. “Ten, maybe twelve”, she revealed and Richard's heart dropped. Though the worst was still to come, as Kersea gave him a look of regret. “Your brother is with them”, she told him.

The same anger that was so prominently shown on Leonard's face was now mirrored on Richard's. “Alan”, he growled and Kersea clenched her fists. “I knew he'd be trouble”, she growled. “We leave through the back door. Get rid of them in the forest, there's no other choice”

Leonard quickly nodded. “Let's get going then”, he said, putting a hand onto Jenna's back. The girl was breathing heavily, her eyes widened with a familiar fear. She nearly jumped back as he touched her. “Hey”, the knight said softly. “We have to go now. Breathe easy, don't panic, we can make it out of here”

By now, the sound of footsteps was clearly audible on the hard ground that led up to Richard's farm. Kersea hadn't been lying, they had to be a dozen. And Richard came to a terrible realization. “If we leave, he'll catch us”, he whispered. “We need another minute or two to get to the forest. We won't have that if they storm the house”

“I'll get my sword then”, Leonard growled and Kersea shook her head. “You can't fight against a dozen men”, she warned him. “And I can hardly fight at all right now” She gulped. “He's got his right hand man with him, the one with the cat mask”, she told him and Leonard narrowed his eyes. “The one that murdered Lucas”, he concluded. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn't storm out there. I'll take some of them with me, buy you time”

Kersea put a closed fist onto Leonard's chest, looking at him with a pleading expression in her grey eyes. “You'd only give him what he wants”, she told him. “We need you in Oldtown. Don't throw your life away”

Richard's breaths became faster. “He wants you”, he said. “Both of you. Not me. Not Jenna” His daughter was the first to realize what he was suggesting and tears welled up in her eyes. “You will not...”, she began, as her voice broke. Richard felt a lump in his throat, seeing his daughter like this. “He does not want me”, he told her.

Jenna approached him slowly and as Leonard tried to hold her back, she shook him off. “Don't”, she begged, as he pulled her into a hug. She put her head onto his shoulder, shivering as she wept. “He'll kill you” As he moved a hand through her hair, he smiled sadly. “He won't”, he promised. “I'll stall him. Might get taken away, but I can deal with that” He moved down to kiss her forehead. “As long as you'll find a way to get me out of there again”

The footsteps stopped, now right in front of the house. “We gotta go then”, Leonard warned them. “Forget about the stuff, it'll only slow us down” He looked at Richard. “Are you sure you want to do this?”, he asked and Richard nodded. “I'll be fine”, he spoke. “You three get away. He is not here for me”

“Good morning!”, a loud voice boomed from outside and Richard could only guess that this was Maron Mullendore himself. “Richard Harking, are you in there?” Jenna shivered in fear, as she looked up to her father. “Come with us”, she urged him. “Run”

Richard shook his head. “You'll never make it if I don't keep him busy”, he explained. “And if he sees you with them, he'll kill you” Tears were streaming down Jenna's face, her cheeks reddened from crying. “Then we both stay”, she said. “I will not leave you”

By now, Richard was crying as well. His daughter was afraid, yet there was love in her eyes and bravery in her words. And yet, she had to leave. “Jenna”, he said softly, removing a strand of hair from her face. She looked at him with wet eyes. “There is nothing to be afraid of”, he promised. “I'll just keep him busy for a bit” He smiled, as much as he himself did not feel like it. “Nothing will happen to me, I promise” That being said, he felt the slight hints of doubt, but if it helped with making her leave, then it had to be. He himself had a chance to get out of this, but Jenna?

“What if you're wrong?”, Jenna asked and Richard frowned as someone slowly walked up to the house. “You have to leave”, he warned her and she clenched her fists. “If you do this...”, she growled, before immediately breaking down again. “If you leave me...” Richard simply hugged her closely. “I would never leave you”, he promised.

Jenna shook her head. “I will not...”, she began and in the same moment, her eyes widened, before closing, as she sunk into Richard's arms. Behind her, Kersea stood, still holding the knife whose hilt she used to knock Jenna out.

“Sorry”, she mumbled and Richard smiled at her, the same thin, fake smile she used to sport. Not now though, now there was nothing but bitter sadness on her face. “Don't be”, he said and he held Jenna for just another moment, before Leonard had reached around her waist, lifting her onto his shoulder. “Get her out of here”, he urged them.

Leonard used his free hand to salute. “Thank you”, he said, wholeheartedly. “If you live through this, we'll find a way to free you, I promise” His word was worth something, Richard knew this much about him. “Just don't leave me to rot”, he said, managing to sport a weak smile.

The knight left, carrying his unconscious daughter, while Kersea remained for a moment longer. She frowned. “Are you sure about this?”, she asked and he nodded, to which she sighed. “You've always been too good for this world” She moved closer, reaching out for his hand and Richard felt the hilt of a knife. “Hide it in your sleeve”, she told him. “Use it only when you need it”

The lump in his throat growing stronger, as he simply nodded, before pushing the knife into his sleeve, where he wrapped a hand around it. Kersea put a hand onto his shoulder, looking him right in the eye, her gaze a deep, grey pool. “Until we meet again”, she said, before she left through the back door.

“Richard!”, a voice sounded from outside and Richard recognized it. Nora Recton, at least there was someone who owed him out there. “Just get out here, we have a couple questions for you” A heavy knock sounded just as Kersea closed the back door behind her and as Richard opened the front door, he was greeted by the broad, scarred face of a man in his fifties. Red hair, slowly greying, tanned skin, plain, brutish features. One eye hidden beneath an eyepatch, a slight grin on his face. He was leaning onto a thick walking stick, the bottom reinforced with iron.

“Good morning”, Maron Mullendore greeted him again, taking a step back as Richard walked towards him, so that he was able of closing the door. Quickly, he scanned his surroundings. Nora was there, looking almost afraid to see him here. A few feet behind Mullendore stood the man with the white and golden cat mask, otherwise dressed in black. His men were there, or maybe they were still Nora's men. Richard knew some of them, at least recognized them from when he paid his visits to Jenna at the castle. And there was Alan. His brother didn't even have the humility to look ashamed as Richard glared at him.

“May I help you?”, he asked and Maron gave him a nod. “Hopefully. Can we come inside?”, he answered, to which Richard shook his head. “First I want to know what a dozen armed men do on my land” The man raised an eyebrow over his eyepatch. “I am not sure if we are familiar with each other, but my name is Maron Mullendore. I am a knight and the castellan of Raylansfair”, he introduced himself. “My word can be trusted”

“Harris Flowers had been a knight and a castellan, surely you wouldn't call him trustworthy”, Richard spoke, remembering what Jenna had told him about Maron's predecessor. For a moment, the knight's smile grew thinner, before returning, not without charm to it. “Well then, let's do it your way”, he gave in. “We're looking for two dangerous individuals. One of them is a fallen knight, a man you might be familiar with. His name is Leonard Constantine”

“I met the man before”, Richard admitted. “Why are you looking for him?” Though feeling his heart beating furiously in his chest, he managed to remain confident. Every second he managed to stall this man was a second Jenna had to get away from the farm. “He is wanted for murder and conspiracy against the Reach”, Maron told him. “A shame how some people turn out. I was told he showed great potential. Now though? A sentence similar to his crony, this bastard knight, is the best he can expect” Richard shook his head. “Can't say I have seen him”, he said, to which Maron narrowed his eye. “And the other one? You mentioned two you're looking for”

“A woman”, Maron revealed. “A stranger to these lands, she goes by the name of Kersea. Dark hair, grey eyes. Perhaps a decade younger than you” He took a step towards Richard, putting a hand onto his shoulder. “We believe she is armed and dangerous. An escaped killer from Oldtown, part of a group that caused major devastation in these parts of the Reach”

Once more, Richard shook his head. “I'm glad I've never met her either”, he spoke, noticing how Nora sighed, while Maron's grin grew colder. It was Alan who spoke up at last. “It's over, Richard”, he said. “I told the commander everything I know. In return, he agreed to spare your life and Jenna's” He put a hand onto his chest, a satisfied smile on his face. “Ownership of the farm will be granted to me, of course”, he added. “However, graceful as I am, I allow you and your daughter to continue living here, as long as you work the land in my name”

Richard glared at his brother, sharp enough to actually wipe Alan's smile off his face. “Coward”, he hissed, to which Maron raised an eyebrow. “So, you do know about them”, he replied. “Ah, you lied to me. I... don't like being lied to” He took a step away from Richard. “Last chance to tell me what you know, or there will be consequences”

Behind him, the man with the cat mask put a hand onto the hilt of his sword, while Nora looked visibly uncomfortable. “Just tell him”, she urged him. “Richard, don't be stubborn” To this, Richard smiled. Stubborn... his wife had been stubborn. His sons had been stubborn and in a way, Jenna was the most stubborn of them all. Why should he be any different?

“Alright then”, Maron spoke. “Maybe you'll talk once we take your daughter. Alan here has been very convincing when telling me that she knows nothing, but you? You love her, don't you?” He tilted his head, while Richard tensed up. “Yeah, I can see it”, the knight chuckled. “Such is the fate of weaker men. Love is always your downfall” He shrugged. “See, this is your last chance, peasant. Your daughter, she's the pretty one, is she not?”, he smirked, noticing how Richard's breaths became faster. “Maybe you'll talk once I gave her a taste of Oldtown justice”

This man... this man, he would... Thoughts were racing through Richard's head, as he realized without any doubt, Leonard had still been too kind on this fallen knight when describing him. In this moment, only one thought remained in his head. This man was a threat to Jenna. He had to die. And there was the knife in his sleeve. With a quick roar of anger, faster than any attack Richard had ever made in his life, he rammed the blade upwards, aiming for Maron's unprotected face.

The attack did not last long. Equally swiftly, as if he had expected it, Maron caught his arm, stopping the knife inches away from his face. His sole eye was narrowed and now, rage was visible in it. “You really think I fall for the same trick twice?”, he roared. With these words, he rammed the handle of his cane into Richard's side.

Pain exploded in his ribs, echoing through his body, while Richard's eyes widened. He gasped, struggling to free his hand with the knife from Maron's iron grip. “You! Really! Think! I'm! That! Stupid!”, Maron screamed at the top of his lungs and with each word, he slammed the cane into Richard's side again. Finally, Richard felt something cracking, as he screamed in pain. His grip around the knife weakened, as he let go of it and at the same time, Maron he stumbled backwards, finally breaking free of the knight. His freedom was short lived, as the hilt of the cane smashed right into his face, hitting the centre of his forehead.

“Ser”, the Tom hissed, though Maron shook his head without turning around. “I've got this under control, Tom”, he promised. Lying on the ground, with tears of pain welling up in his eyes, Richard put a hand onto his ribs, almost instantly bellowing with pain as he touched them. He was lying on the other side, weakly looking up at Maron.

Butterfly... a name Kersea feared, more a monster than a man and in these moments, he lost any shred of affability. A look of glee appeared on the false knight's face. “Wait, what are you doing?”, Alan protested and Maron raised an eyebrow. “Alan Harking, I am thankful for your cooperation”, he spoke. “However, I implore you not to mess with my business any further. Your reward will be granted to you, now get the hell away from here”

By now, breathing had become painful, as Richard, through a veil of tears, saw Alan slowly backing off. After realizing that no one tried to stop him, he turned around and just ran. Nora remained though. “Ser, we should take him in”, she urged her commanding officer.

Richard's eyes spotted the knife lying away inches from his face. Weakly, he moved his hand towards it and just a moment later, he screamed once more, as agony flared up in his wrist, onto which Maron had slammed the iron end of the cane. “Captain Recton”, the knight growled. “You know I respect your opinion, but right now, you should shut your mouth” He flashed a bloodthirsty grin. “This is my business right now”

Panting in pain, Richard wasn't sure what was worse, the continuous thumping in his ribs, or the burning agony in his wrist. Just in this moment, the cane got slammed into his face again, knocking him flat onto his back. This time, Maron stumbled, just barely managing to remain standing as well, his left leg shaking even after he rested on the cane again. “That bitch...”, he growled, his eye moving around, not focussing on Richard. “I'm going to kill her for what she did... I'm going to...” Finally, his gaze rested on Richard and by now, the farmer felt dread at what he saw in it. “Where is Constantine?”, Maron growled. “WHERE?”

Without warning, he raised the cane high above his head, slamming it down into Richard's face at full force. For a moment, the whole world turned black and muffled, as Richard only slowly noticed that he was screaming, his vision blurring, fading in and out, so stunned that he barely noticed the pain at first. Everything was numbed and through a blur, he watched Maron stumbling backwards, with the Tom being there to catch him just as quickly.

With an annoyed grunt, Maron managed to regain his footing, as he glared down at Richard. Breathing became harder than ever, with blood running out of his nose and Richard gasped through his mouth. “Where is he?”, Maron barked at him. “Say it, or I will kill you”

Despite the pain, the numbing feeling and the urge to just slip into darkness, Richard managed to defiantly glare at the knight above him. “He's gone”, he finally revealed. “He has been long gone” Weakly, he shook his head, or at least tried to. “They left yesterday. You'll never get him now” He tried to smile but failed. “You've lost”

Maron's single eye widened, before rage, just blind rage appeared in it. Richard tensed up through the pain, knowing what would follow. At the same time, there was relief. He bought them time. Leonard and Kersea got out of here, they would find a way to end this man.

And Jenna... if he wouldn't have teared up already, he would do so now. His daughter... the only one that stayed with him through everything that happened. Having to leave her, it was the one thing that broke his heart. But she was strong. She could live without him, but he could never do the same without her. She would survive and it might just be thanks to the time he bought her.

This actually brought a smile to his face, yet the expression was cut short when the cane slammed right into his face. There was no pain, even though there should be. Deep down, Richard knew there was, pain so horrible that he felt nothing at all, not the ground below him, not the air around him, not even the blood that poured out of his smashed nose.

He could still see though, if barely. Nora stared on in horror, trying to rush between them, though the Tom held her back, grabbing her by the shoulders and keeping her from intervening. Many of the guards actually turned away, perhaps in disgust, while their leader towered above the beaten, bruised farmer. Richard's blood already stained the ground and he took what he knew would be his final breath. He did it without regrets.

Maron rose the cane again, bringing it down onto the farmer's face and then one more time, but at that point, Richard Harking had already slipped into unconsciousness, as everything around him turned dark, for the last time.

End of Chapter 1: Fires Far

Your Choices

Legacy: Garthon decided to ally with the Sons of the Trident

Compassion: Kyra decided not to intervene in Elaena Mallister's fate

Strategy: Edrick decided to work with Viveka Codd to earn his freedom

Recovery: Sadie decided to leave with Leo to Castamere

Comeuppance: Richard decided to confront Alan about his behaviour

• Next time on Forum of Thrones

Barely capable of removing her gaze from her beautiful home below the hill, Ysilla quickly glanced at Theodan, noticing that he was not sharing her smile. His expression was an odd one, a mixture of relief, happiness and concern. “What are you thinking about?”, she asked and her brother pulled himself away from the sight of Godsgrace, looking at her as his smile showed a hint of uncertainty. “I had forgotten how beautiful it looks”, he told her as he bit down onto his lower lip. “This is going to suck, isn't it?” Before she could answer, he took a deep breath. “Well, doesn't matter. Let's get this over with”

Standing in line among these armed warriors, Drent felt small, insignificant. He clung to his spear, one finger moving over the blunted tip, as his gaze fell upon his target, standing in the row of warriors on the other side. For once, Warrick Fell was showing no signs of boredom, but a calm, yet cautious expression of determination. He wouldn't make it easy, though with the Storm King himself in the fray, he was by no means the greatest threat in the melee either. He looked up to the royal stand, noticing that Argella's stern gaze was resting on his, her fingers clenched around the armrests of her chair. Slowly, she nodded at him.

Janae barely recognized him as he stood there. It was not the first time she noticed how much he had changed, but in this moment, beneath the hatred and bitterness she had for his entire line, she felt an ounce of pity for what he had lost, for the man he used to be.

“What happened to you?”, she asked and Abbas sighed, as he sat down on the chair, leaning against the hull of his ship. For a moment, his sharp glare grew sullen, a streak of melancholy, almost as if he could see himself the way she used to see him, the way she saw him right now. “You happened”, he mumbled, his eyes not capable of meeting hers.

“This way, quickly”, Arthur hissed, as he pulled Ryler into the nearest side street. The young man pressed his lips together, clenching his fists. “I'm trying”, he replied, though he could not prevent a small limp, which slowed him down at least somewhat. And yet, they made it, or at least Arthur hoped so, as he quickly pushed Ryler into an even more narrow street, more a gap between two houses, glancing out of it onto the main street.

The masked man marched past their alleyway, continuing on the main street and Arthur sighed in relief. “He hasn't seen us”, he spoke and Ryler nodded, still frowning from the stress this put his wounded leg through. It was in this moment that he tensed up, as he felt something touching his back. It was a sensation he thankfully rarely had to feel, yet nonetheless, he recognized the tip of a knife when he felt it. “He hasn't”, the woman behind him hissed sharply. “However, I can assure you, I had you two in my sights for a while now”

Keat groaned, as he pulled at the rope that bound his hands, to no avail of course. He sighed, as he opened his eyes and closed them again, trying to get rid of the thumping in his head. With a frown, he spotted Lanford in front of him and he threw him a glare, to which the man reacted by shrugging. “Orders from the boss”, he simply stated and Keat gulped, as he heard soft footsteps on the stone behind him.

“Well, rise and shine, Keat”, a familiar voice greeted him, just a little bit too high for a man. Two slender, feminine hands rested on his shoulders and he smelled sweet perfume. “You are in trouble, my dear”, Hishi whispered. “But do not worry, for I know just the way you can make up for all the grievance you caused”

Jenna shivered and not for the first time this day, she was nearly crying. Just barely pulling herself together, she hurried through the hall, approaching the door in front of her. Fear, yes, she was afraid. Mostly of herself, to be honest. The anger she felt when spotting the beast, the murderer. The sorrow, the grief. How could she face what was lying ahead? What else was she, but her father's shadow, his ghost? What else indeed...

“You there, girl”, a voice sounded and Jenna froze in terror.

Forum of Thrones, Book 2, Act I, Chapter II: Thorns; Coming Soon!

• Oh man, it feels odd that this year and chapter is over, but I hope I have not promised too little with this part. Expect this to be only the start for even bigger things, a major fallout due to the events in this part and the set up for truly big changes you can expect in the things to come. Definitely though, this was not easy to write, as these things never should come easy. Enjoy the part and more importantly, have a happy new year 2018. May it be better than the clusterfuck shite that was 2017. And when you have the time, an answer to these questions would be highly appreciated :)

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 1?

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 1?

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 1?

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 1?

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 1?

Is there anything you disliked?

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 2?

• edited December 2017

Oh shoot, what the hell did I just read. Things went to shit so quick. Everything was fine and dandy, Leonard was singing for christ sake. Things were so good. And then that shit stain Alan came around with the smug as face. Acting so high and mighty offering Richard to continue working on his land. Maron that damn rapist then lost his shit yet again. Caved poor Richards face into a pulp. And Nora was there too! I worry for her future have to work so near an established rapist, she so young herself. Holy shit, my anger for Alan has no words. I knew we shouldn't had messed with him. So much for the Harking Brothers reuniting. Ugh, that finale was surely something. All this anger and I can't wait for Maron to get another kick to the balls.

The up next section is very interesting. Looks like we are going to get the return of Janae for sure, but Maya and Illish have yet to make such a return yet. Arthur's part looks especially interesting. Looks like the Alley Cats still have the numbers to have their feline troops to patrol the town. Ryler still has a bum leg from the mysterious wolf bite. So we know that Arthur is able to rescue him from the Sphyx's interrogation. Clearly though ,Ryler and maybe even Arthur become wanted for this. And then there's this mysterious knife wielding lady. Already placing my money down that he is going to fall for this one too.

As for the questionnaire, as always going to have to exclude my own characters because you already know I love what you do with them.
    Who were you favorite characters in Chapter 1?
    I have to say, Richard has finally won me over, just in time for him to bite the dust. And I guess this carries somewhat over to Jenna, but she still has her work cut out for her. Leonard is always such a delight to have around. Such a fun character. Saerya remains as intriguing as ever and I can't wait to see what kind of spy shenanigans are going to happen now that she lost her apprentice. Clearly she is going to have a more difficult time with all her allies gone except for Davith. Seeing how Saltmouth gives her a run for her money is going to be a blast. Lanford and Ayden have got to be my favorite characters in all of Oldtown. Really great guys who somehow make it work despite how shitty that town is. Mace Crowl is certainly a very fun character, and his interactions so far have been nothing but pleasures. Carvin is still a cool secondary character and his moments were fun. A new character that I really liked was Gregor Harlaw. His whole personality seems very fun and I am excited to see what you plan on doing with him.

While I obviously disliked the villains of the story, they still remain still interesting characters that are fun to have, for a story is only as good as the villain that drives it. I have to say, Blacksails was kinda of a let down, as he wasn't as fearsome as everyone made him to be. All he did was smoke a pipe and let most of his advisor carry the discussion in his scenes. Absidee was also a bit dull for me in this chapter, but I am sure you will expand on her and I bet my opinion will soon change. Donna Flowers in Oldtown was also another flatish character. Is she just a really loving person can somehow capture the hearts of two brothers who can't stand being associated with anything relating to the other. The way that Samuel was just butter in her hands all of the sudden kinda confused me.

Jenna's storyline was very interesting. I loved watching her build up this group of rebels and trying to keep all these strong personalities to work together. Hopefully her new role in Chapter 2 will be just as interesting. Keat's new storyline actually has me really interested. He was always a fun character, and the way he was thrusted from secondary character to POV was a pleasant surprise and I can't wait to see what he is to do next. Garthon also had a great storyline this chapter. Watching him recoperate from the disaster at Raylainsfair and meeting people who hold his brother in such high regard despite the more horrid things he did and his interactions in general were really fun. Raenna was also a great storyline. The North is such a great atmosphere and had a really strong cast of characters. While I may be a little biased as to how her storyline is heading, her parts were none the less great. Alys, despite having some lulls, had a somewhat interesting storyline. Merman's Rest is a interesting place, and what is to happen next there is going to be interesting.

Being new, Edrick and Ysilla have yet to captivate me. While they are very well written, the cast of characters in these storylines have yet to hook me. If some more character moments were to happen, I'm certain my opinion would change. So this opinion is most likely a minor one that is likely to change. Wilifred's storyline also didn't have any memorable moments, so his storyline this chapter felt a little lacking.

Jenna's part where the entire group met in Richard's farm and planned on there next steps was a great scene. It had the perfect amount of plot establishment as well as interesting character interactions. Then the surprise of Vali appearing and completely changing the entire atmosphere of the scene was very well done. Almost all of the characters had memorable moments there and still moved the plot forward. That was certainly a great scene, well written, and one of my favorite scenes in the story so far.

I kinda dislike how far apart certain parts were, Ellena's for example, even though no time between them had passed. I kinda wish parts that no time between has passed were more closely released. Just a minor opinion though and nothing too bugging. Also, did Petyr have an appearance this chapter? I am going through the character list and realized I completely forgot about him. For the villain of the Raylainsfair plot, he should have some mentions throughout the chapter to remind readers about him, instead of solely focusing on Mullendore.

Do you have further advice, anything you'd like to see more, anything you're anticipating in Chapter 2?
    As always, I am excited for the next part to come out! This is by far such an amazing story and you are just great Liquid. Seriously a great writer, but a even better person. You certainly helped me out through some tough time in my life this year, and this story was a means of distracting me from some of the shitty situations in my life this year. I hope you and your family are doing great, and know that if you ever need to talk or need anything at all, I am here for ya. :smiley:

Oh man, it feels odd that this year and chapter is over, but I hope I have not promised too little with this part. Expect this to be only th

• edited January 2018

Happy New Year Liquid! And Happy New Death!

RT:
    1)At the last PoV of the 2017 Richard Harking bite the dust!Let's remember that he was the first character that survive the "unknown" status and the first death of a PoV that started his storyline at the second chapter of the first book!
    2)Speaking about Richard death,I must admit that I feel a little sorry for the character since I like him for a very long time
    3)Another reason because I feel sorry for this death and that it make Jarow sacrifice void
    4)Surprise of the surprise Alan betray again and for the last time his brother
    5)If I must be honest Richard death was avoidable since there were many other ways to take time that don't include a suicide attack (but I like that Maron mention Harpy attempt to kill him)
    6)I know that they probably will never appear inside the story but I would have liked if Richard shared at least a thought to his sons at the dornish marches
    7)I'm curious to read the reaction of Richard friends at his death (expecially Philip and Hal) and the other members of the countryfolk
    8)Wow Maron really lose his shit in this part!Beating to death a man that you could have easily jail for question and in front of people that are not psychos (like Nora and the other guards) was a really REALLY bad move.I must admit that I start to feel sad for the other members of his alliance because this is the type of dumb action that can guarantee their demise (because while I'm sure that they will try to cover up this event I found impossible the fact that the castellan decide from nowhere to visit a farm with armed guards will go unnoticed by people like Ser Kasyn or Daemion)
    9)While I'm sorry that Richard die while he was undergoing an interesting character development I'm curious how the story will continue now since this event really shake things at Raylainsfair (the most notorious fact is probably that Jenna leave the city)
    10)This part really shake things between the members of the resistance!Now of the people of the meeting only Saerya and Davith (and Vali) remain at Raylainsfair! Even if it won't be to hard find new people for help (like a certain blacksmith)
    11)Now that I think it is funny that just a year ago Raylainsfair had 10+ PoV's while today it has only 3 (and only Arthur will for sure remain at the city)
    12) I really like the ending song that you chose for this chapter! And I really enjoy listen to it while read the preview for the next chapter

BQD:
    Richard Harking
    I would never leave you

About the preview:
    Ysilla
    The dornish woman and her brother are soon going to leaving their home and Dorne and they are already homesick,it is a mistery if they will ever comeback to their country

Drent
    We see a sample of the tourney and it seems that it will be a really fun read (but something that can ruin my favorite Stormlander forever)!

Janae
    This is easily the saddest of the preview but hey!At least Janae PoV is back!

Arthur
    Arthur is going to make Ryler escape the hospital but during that a woman find them,a new character?A character that has already appear?Who knows?

Keat
    Another well written preview where we discover that our thief is in "good hands" (and we are going to finally see who Hishi is)

Jenna
    Okay this preview make me curious because I really don't know where she is (a castle maybe?) and who stop her

About the questions:

Beside the usual suspects (Jaron,Leonard,Drent,Jenna,the Ironbro etc.) and my own characters I want to say that the targaryen siblings,Keat and Kyra(as PoV's) and Aeron Blacksails give me a really good impression inside this chapter

Wolfius!Wait...he is not present in this chapter?Jokes aside since I don't change my opinion about the returning characters and I feel that it is too soon judge the many new characters I will wait the next chapter before upgrade my blacklist

Obviously the Ironbro,Jenna,Jaron,Alys and Ellena (for their meetings)and all the three new PoV's (expecially Keat since he was surprisingly good)

Sorry Edrick but your PoV is still boring and Willfred really need something that shake his storyline (expecially since in this book his family is going to be important)

Like someone else already said it the meeting at the Harking farm was a very cool read and I really feel the tension when Hjalgar was almost hanged

I would like to see different characters do bad things for a change because always see Maron (or his underlings) do the evil stuff is starting to be boring;outside that I almost had a jump scare when Gregor try (and,luckly for me,fail) to convince Aeron and the other pirates to become pro targaryen! XD

Aside continue at do what you like?
    1)Well,since this was the first chapter of the entire book I found normal that,at except some key moments (the Ironbro PoV,the last part of this chapter etc.), it was mostly build up new storylines (and introduce many really important characters for this story)so I'm really curious to read the next chapter where all the storyline that you introduce will really start.
    2)Obviously I'm really curious to read the first Jaron part outside Oldtown (and the first Jenna one outside Raylainsfair) and to see again the three PoV's that still have to comeback inside the story
    3) Like someone else already said it I will like to see more active the other members of the triumvirate (expecially Petyr) because it is a little boring read always only of the Evil Butterfly
    4)Dimitri the Wise

Oh man, it feels odd that this year and chapter is over, but I hope I have not promised too little with this part. Expect this to be only th

• Holy shit. Man, when I saw the part was Richard I was like "Okay, not my favorite PoV, but I'm sure it'll be an interesting part anyway since its the finale." Welp, it was a lot more than just interesting. The moment Maron arrived I knew it would end to someone's death, and Richard it was. I have to say though, he truly won my respect in this last part of his. Rest in peace Richard, you were a farmer, a father, and a hero.

Seriously though, I have hard time describing with words the sense of threat and danger you managed to put into the latter half of this part. And the contrast of the first half being so happy and relaxed also just made it better/worse. Man, what a gut wrenching chapter finale, well done once again Liquid!

And while Richard definitely won all my respect, Alan did the exact opposite. I mean, I never liked him, but this really put him among my least favorite characters. I see hardly anything redeeming about that prick. He is a smug, opportunistic, traitorous, greedy bastard, and he clearly has no love for his family. Seriously, fuck that guy. And Maron, well, his wickedness is nothing new to us obviously, but it seemed like Nora and Alan hadn't seen this side of him yet. Well, now they know.

And then for the questions...

Well, there were way too many characters that I enjoyed in this chapter to list them all, but my absolute favorites were Jaron (of course), Samuel Harrington, all three Targaryens, Ellena, Ysilla, Sarina Manwoody, Gregor Harlaw, Malina Karstark, Keat, Argella, Garthon, Hjalgar, Kyra, Gravven Drumm, and after this last part I also have to mention Richard.

Well, let's start with the obvious ones: Maron Mullendore and Alan Harking. I don't think I need to explain this.

Then there are all of the Hoare's (except maybe Harrick), yeah, they're all dickheads. Arrec Mallister didn't exactly leave a good impression either. There wasn't much of him in this chapter, but Garen is still an annoying prick. Deywn has to be mentioned as well, almost killed my boy Hjalgar. Oh, I almost forgot Leo York, that bloody idiot.

Another hard one, because basically every PoV had something interesting to offer, but I'll limit myself to four PoVs:

Firstly I have to mention Ellena, who showed us more of the Targaryen's, and those parts were some of the highlights of this chapter. There was also some build up for this mysterious enemy, which really got me hyped for what's to come in that storyline ;)

I also really enjoyed Jaron's storyline in this chapter. I mean, it wasn't action packed, but it certainly gave some interesting plot development, and made hyped for what's to come. I like that he teamed up with both John and Harrington, and I can't wait to see their adventures in Essos.

Then there was Ysilla, who introduced us to Dorne, a refreshing new location with its own interesting plot developments. Can't wait to see Ysilla's journey through Dorne, and finally meeting the Red Skull.

And lastly I wanted to mention Keat. He was a surprising new PoV, and we didn't get much of him yet, but I think he is the perfect character to become our new Oldtown protagonist, and I'm really looking forward to diving deeper into his storyline in Chapter 2.

Like I said earlier, I think every PoV brought something interesting to the table, but if I have to choose my least favorite, I'd say it's probably Sadie. It wasn't bad by any means, and I'm starting to get more and more invested in her development as a character, but it still feels a bit disconnected from the rest of the story.

The finale obviously has to be mentioned, it was just phenomenal, and of course it's the most fresh in my mind right now. Other than that, all the parts with Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys were great. The parts in Merman's Rest were nice, such a unique and interesting location, with very interesting new characters as well. I also really liked that second to last part on Harking's farm, with Vali basically stealing the show =)

No advice from me, just keep doing what you're doing! :) As for what I'm anticipating in Chapter 2, well, pretty much everything :D Jaron's new adventures in Essos, Ysilla's journey through Dorne, Raenna finding out more about her mission, the Targaryen's making their next move, Keat getting mixed up with the underworld of Oldtown once again, Garthon going to Raventree Hall, finding out more about the Riverborn, Samantha meeting the Lord of Southshield. Like I said, pretty much everything =)

Richard Entering his house from the back door, Richard was greeted by the unusual sight of Leonard Constantine in a good mood. The knight

• Happy New Year, which here in Europe will happen in only a few hours. Anyway, damn you Mullendore!! And Alan, damn it. Anyway, this chapter set up many things and can't wait to see the rest.
    Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 1? I guess the Dornishmen were my favorites, but the three Targaryen's are all still awesome.
    Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 1? Alan definitely screwed up on this one. I also highly dislike Arrec Mallister and the way he treated his daughter. Not only this betrothal is an obvious power-grab, he's willing to completely disregard his daughter's safety for an uncertain alliance with a much hated king.
    Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 1? I guess it was Jaron, but Raenna and her interactions with the northmen were quite unique.
    Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 1? I didn't liked Samantha's part that much, but perhaps is because she only had a POV until very late in the chapter.
    What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 1? I guess my favorite moment was the very beginning, when Ellena saw for the first time the dragons.

• edited January 2018

I know its a pretty cheap move to name your own characters, but I just have to xD. It was a big surprise seeing Gregor already in the first chapter, and, to me, he came with a bang. I seriously love the guy and am really looking forward to seeing him again. Theodan was also great, and with him following Ysilla I imagine my bias towards him will only grow, can't wait until they reach Godsgrace as it should be interesting, to say the least. And, of course, there's Gravven. No doubt an even bigger surprise than seeing Gregor himself, as you know very well the reason xD. Now that the bias is out of the way, I gotta say I really liked Jenelyne, she seemed pretty cool. Rhaenys was among my favorite characters, same applies to Visenya, and I'm really looking forward to see more of them. Deria Martell was another one of my favorites, we haven't seen that much of her yet but hopefully the other Dorne PoV will be able to help with this. Jadith Linster was also a joy to read, I gotta say she's pretty unique and her remarks were absolutely golden xD Aidan Storm was also another one that I liked a lot, though, again, I might be biased here since he and Gregor seem to be pretty good buddies (which makes a lot of sense considering some things about their past and some of their principles). Sargasso Saan was also pretty interesting, I'm intrigued about what his true ambitions are though... for some reason I don't think he's as loyal to Blacksails as he seems to be. Hell, the rest of the council was also great too. Then there's Sarina Manwoody, another very interesting character who is also intriguing. I could go on forever about the characters, especially since I only talked about the new ones, so I'll just stop here hehe.

Alan Harking. Never liked him to begin with, but now? I knew we should've just beaten the hell outta this waste of air. While I don't really dislike Mallister that much, I gotta say he's a fucking weasel to sell his daughter to the devil (quite literally it seems). What about that revelation about Leo York? I already hated that backstabbing cunt, but now I just really wish someone would just kill this creep.

Ysilla's PoV was very interesting as she pretty much introduced us to Dorne. I am really looking forward to her journey through Dorne and the Red Mountains as I imagine, it is, in a way, something she always longed for. An adventure allowing her to see a lot of the world, with her brother by her side to booth? Yes, please! I'm really hyped for what her storyline will show us. Kyra was also one of my favorites, and just like with Ysilla, the future of her storyline has me really intrigued. I can't wait to see the "confrontation" between team Ironborn and team Sons of the Trident. Jaron was also one of my favorites, I just really like the guy and like the way his story is going. Seeing new places in Essos from the PoV of a "beginner" (in the sense that he never went there) will be pretty nice. Alys storyline is also hooking me up a lot, seeing Merman's Rest and that pirate setting was great for me. It was so unique and interesting that the location alone got me hooked. I feel a little bad for her though, as I doubt Edward is going to just drop her off at Dorne like he promised. Her blood might come in use for him again. Ellena was also pretty good, having someone show us the Targ side is nice. I gotta say I'm not the biggest Targaryen fan (the only Targ that I liked before FoT was Aemon), but now I'm beggining to like them little by little. I imagine once I get to see more of them, plus hopefully some interaction between Rhaenys (who I really like already, just like Visenya) and Gregor, will be all that I need to like them even more. Gotta say, as someone who really loathed everything Targaryen, this has been a surprising turn of events.

Jenna was definitely my least favorite, I just don't like the goody two shoes attitude she displays constantly. Though I gotta say that it wasn't even her part per se, but Samantha's last part (though I have nothing against Samantha, just to be clear). Jenna was so annoying there... just let Leonard beat the shit out of the eavesdropper, will ya?! xD Arthur's is another one who was among my least favorites, though I think that's just because things really didn't get into motion for him yet, so this is bound to change.

My favorite moment was no doubt that Gregor speech... God, that was just awesome. I know this is biased as all hell, but it was the scene that got to me the most (in a good way, because the finale here was really impactful, but in a gruesome way). I was really pumped up with his speech as well as entertained. This speech made this cameo of his be all the more organic... ah, I can't wait to see my dude again xD.

Seems like chapter 2 will have a lot to look forward to! Harmund's wedding is something I'm really intrigued to see. Kyra and Gravven beginning their "journey" to find this particular groups of Sons (and hopefully give them a gruesome death, like these worms deserve hehe). Ysilla's journey through Dorne is definitely something I'm really looking forward to, though perhaps I'm looking forward to her getting to Godsgrace even more. After reading the "next time" segment, I know this homecoming will be absolutely great to read. Though not something for chapter 2, I'm also looking forward to meeting the Red Skull, I imagine he'll have some great interactions with the Allyrion siblings.

• Well, damnit. I knew it seemed too happy. Oy vey. Too much joy. I was wondering what tragedy what was going to take place and well, damn.

I knew kicking Alan out was a bad choice. Just seemed like the kind of decision that would come back to bite Richard. And, it did.

You know, it was incredibly weird to see Leonard so happy. I can't remember any time in the story where he was like that. Even since his appearance in Chapter 1 in Book 1. Always so bitter. I mean him, humming, singing? And now he's on a road trip with Kersea and Jenna (temporarily). Ack, I wish he wasn't so nice to her at the time. At least I know that will not be the case with Kersea.

Oh Mullendore, so cruel. Beating Richard to death. While I have sadness, I am glad he finally died, and did so in a respectful manner. Richard will be missed.

My notes on the Next Times...

Very interested with what is going on with Arthur and Ryler, and what trouble Jenna is in now. I wonder if it is Mullendore, or Kasyn Luck, or, well, someone else...Keat's storyline looks like it's gonna get weird.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 1? In no particular order, Ser Leonard Constantine, uh, Wilfred, Ryler and Arthur are pretty nice. Harrold Hornwood is a favorite, I wish he could have rode his moose. Mace Crowl too. Samantha and Sasha, inseparable and fun duo. Saerya is pretty cool. Durren Stallhart is always awesome. I like the antics of Keat. Jaron, Ayden, John, and Temari too. Donna Flowers is kind of appealing. All of the Hoares. Christian Thomas is nice. The ironborn chick, uh, Codd. Viveka Codd, definitely someone I'd like to meet in real life. I actually kind of liked the tragic Tedyn Bullister. Orys is great, Wulvren is my kind of nutjob. Argilac, Argella, Qoherys, Drent, Emphryus, thumbs-up. Edward Anturion is my kind of scoundrel, and Blacksails, he was, eh. Cool. I guess, Richard. I'll give him the honor since he, kind of, died.

Who were your least favourite characters in Chapter 1? Alan Harking, yeah, I used to kind of like him too. Lord Petyr Vyrwel and Ser Maron Mullendore, they suck. The Tom, hate that guy. The Sphynx and Connor Frostborn appeared, right? Well, screw them. Lord Devrin Oakheart is a damn traitor. I really dislike Vali Flowers. Such a ugh. Nora Recton stood there, watching Richard die. Thorrin Bannister would not be here if he didn't do that ear thing. Malina Karstark is too smart.

Who were your favourite PoV's in Chapter 1? I really enjoyed Keat this chapter. Alys Boleyn was good, not for her character but the exciting surrounds. Samantha's (she did have one this chapter, right?), Richard's, Kersea's, and Jenna's were basically one big storyline, and I appreciated that connectivity. (this is the first one to not have Lucas, isn't it?)

Who were your least favourite PoV's in Chapter 1? I have to say, maybe because I don't care enough about the characters, Ysilla. There was some interesting stuff there, but that whole storyline was not on my main radar. Edrick and Garthon's were kind of meh too, maybe because there weren't that exciting. I found Kyra's Riverlands storyline to be the best. I am sure they will heat up though.

What has been your favourite part and your favourite moment in Chapter 1? I really liked Tedyn's death. That was a good part, indeed. My favorite moment though, that's a bit tougher. Maybe the epic handshake of Jaron and John? Their interactions were cool. Richard's death was sad but memorable.

Is there anything you disliked? Where was Vaasrand of Lys? I mean, not that he was in any way relevant, but he was my man. He must reappear. The chapter was too action heavy, but I think that's a given. Would have been nice to see a little more. Also, there were a lot of characters, particularly new ones, that I had trouble remembering. Maybe it's because the POV's scatter them, or that they are competing for detail. A minor issue at best. Hmm, maybe some newer characters like Kasyn Luck did not get too much development in my opinion. Can't really think of anything else.

I do hope that next chapter has some stimulating visual imagery of Dorne. Stuff like the real-world's Sedona or the Flaming Mountains. Maybe even some salt flats, like how Crait was in the Last Jedi. Maybe even the war-torn beauty of Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, or Iraq (which, to be honest would be fitting for Dorne later in the story). I wouldn't mind a nice Dorne part, campfire a raging, quiet conversation in a beautiful landscape. Camels, too.

Now there is one thing that very excited for. A certain infamous character. You know all know him...GENERAL GRIEVOUS! I kid, but an equally disturbing arrogant fool is coming: Lord Donnel Selwyn. Prepare yourselves. Wall off your hearts and open up to him. Ban the foreign thoughts were changing your opinion. Rush in-to your souls, the Donnel awaits.

Now, in tribute to Richard...

"Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done,
    the Dornishman's taken my life,
    But what does it matter, for all men must die,
    and I've tasted the Dornishman's wife!"

Richard Entering his house from the back door, Richard was greeted by the unusual sight of Leonard Constantine in a good mood. The knight

• And 'tis the end of the journey for Richard Harking. Another one of the original POVs has fallen. Can't say I was ever much of a fan of Richard, but the characterization he got in his final part redeemed him in my eyes. Also, I can't help but wonder what would've happened if we hadn't driven Alan away, and was instead nicer to him.

Obviously, I am biased towards the Codds, and by association all who are sworn to them. Besides that, I've always been a fan of the Ironborns, so Garthon, the Hoares and the Drumm just to name a few. Samuel Harrington, and Donna Flowers from Jaron's story. And poor ol' Keat who got his ear sliced off.

Leo in Edrick's story, also not a big fan of Dante Karstark, wouldn't say he's my least favorite though. I also tend to not like characters such as John Gutten, Leonard, the Harlaw pirate but again I don't hate them. I don't really like Ellena, but that's probably because I like Noelle. I do actively despise the Sons of the Trident though, in my eyes, they're nothing more than terrorists. Oh, and Saerya, it's probably because the characters around her all idolize her so much and see her as this virtuous person, when she's a manipulative scheming spy.

The remaining Breaker Bro, Edrick, Kyra and Keat.

Ellena, I've just never really been that invested in her characters, and I've never really been a fan of the Targaryens. And Willfred's parts felt kind of like fillers? So he's also amongst my least favorite POVs for the chapter.

Richard's death scene was spectacular. Mullendore's just one of those villains you love to hate, it'll be sad when he finally gets what's coming to him, cause he honestly makes every plotline he's a part of better.

Nothing comes to mind, really.

I'm really looking forward to all the Essos stuff, Janae POV sounds like it's gonna be awesome. And I'm hoping for the Vale to show up soon.

• edited January 2018

Oh shoot, what the hell did I just read. Things went to shit so quick. Everything was fine and dandy, Leonard was singing for christ sake. Things were so good. And then that shit stain Alan came around with the smug as face. Acting so high and mighty offering Richard to continue working on his land. Maron that damn rapist then lost his shit yet again. Caved poor Richards face into a pulp. And Nora was there too! I worry for her future have to work so near an established rapist, she so young herself. Holy shit, my anger for Alan has no words. I knew we shouldn't had messed with him. So much for the Harking Brothers reuniting. Ugh, that finale was surely something. All this anger and I can't wait for Maron to get another kick to the balls.

Things were a bit too good, to be honest. The calm stuff in the beginning was a joy to write, but hard at the same time, because I naturally knew what would happen only minutes later. Surely though, the moment things actually got truly bad was when Richard tried to attack Maron. There was no intention to kill him before that, but with this action, he pretty much sealed his own fate. I'd say Alan is just as guilty for this though, due to him selling the others out for his own gain. Worst part is, he actually won, because with Richard dead, he can just take the farm.

The up next section is very interesting. Looks like we are going to get the return of Janae for sure, but Maya and Illish have yet to make such a return yet. Arthur's part looks especially interesting. Looks like the Alley Cats still have the numbers to have their feline troops to patrol the town. Ryler still has a bum leg from the mysterious wolf bite. So we know that Arthur is able to rescue him from the Sphyx's interrogation. Clearly though ,Ryler and maybe even Arthur become wanted for this. And then there's this mysterious knife wielding lady. Already placing my money down that he is going to fall for this one too.

Janae will indeed return, as will Ilish, though I decided to save Maya for Chapter 3. I really want to avoid the troubles I had with her in Book 1, where I struggled to give her a consistently engaging storyline and I think this will change if I give her more material in less chapters. So, Chapter 3 will mark her return, whereas Ilish will be seen next chapter. With Arthur, I can reveal the Alley Cat they try to avoid is none other than the Sphynx himself, not just some random thug. Makes the whole situation infinitely more threatening and I can tell you, the next chapter will have a lot of the Sphynx. That woman though, she's an interesting character, she'll also be featured quite heavily in the next chapter in Arthur's storyline.

I have to say, Richard has finally won me over, just in time for him to bite the dust. And I guess this carries somewhat over to Jenna, but she still has her work cut out for her. Leonard is always such a delight to have around. Such a fun character. Saerya remains as intriguing as ever and I can't wait to see what kind of spy shenanigans are going to happen now that she lost her apprentice. Clearly she is going to have a more difficult time with all her allies gone except for Davith. Seeing how Saltmouth gives her a run for her money is going to be a blast. Lanford and Ayden have got to be my favorite characters in all of Oldtown. Really great guys who somehow make it work despite how shitty that town is. Mace Crowl is certainly a very fun character, and his interactions so far have been nothing but pleasures. Carvin is still a cool secondary character and his moments were fun. A new character that I really liked was Gregor Harlaw. His whole personality seems very fun and I am excited to see what you plan on doing with him.

Oh damn, just in time, huh? That was actually a bit my intention, I hoped for him to become a more well-liked character with these final moments. Jenna meanwhile, I don't think things will be cut out for her anymore. Girl just lost her father, that'll leave some very deep marks with her. Her next path, especially the location she'll appear in might surprise you though. I am also very happy to see that you like some of the smaller characters, such as Mace, Gregor or Lanford, because while they might appear secondary at the time, I have quite a lot planned for them.

While I obviously disliked the villains of the story, they still remain still interesting characters that are fun to have, for a story is only as good as the villain that drives it. I have to say, Blacksails was kinda of a let down, as he wasn't as fearsome as everyone made him to be. All he did was smoke a pipe and let most of his advisor carry the discussion in his scenes. Absidee was also a bit dull for me in this chapter, but I am sure you will expand on her and I bet my opinion will soon change. Donna Flowers in Oldtown was also another flatish character. Is she just a really loving person can somehow capture the hearts of two brothers who can't stand being associated with anything relating to the other. The way that Samuel was just butter in her hands all of the sudden kinda confused me.

Well, Blacksails is kinda different as they make him seem to be. He is a fearsome man, but of a very different kind. Just because he lets others do the talking does not mean he does not deserve his reputation. It's just all more subdued than what you (and many characters in the story) were expecting, he's calm for a pirate. Absidee meanwhile, she is actually one of the longest characters I ever received, if you can believe that :D I only gave a bit of a teaser of her in this chapter, she did not do much beyond setting up Ysilla's storyline, but she will have an active role when she returns. Donna meanwhile, keep in mind she is an expert seductress. Ryder got a certain interest in her for obvious reasons, though with Samuel, things are differently and a bit more complicated, so let me try to explain. He is, by nature, an extremely lonely person, so when he came to her to find answers, he also found, to his surprise, comfort and understanding, because that is what she provides the best, even beyond what is typical in her line of work. That completely destroyed all his desenses and he actually opened up to her, showing that there is a man with a heart below his cold shell.

Jenna's storyline was very interesting. I loved watching her build up this group of rebels and trying to keep all these strong personalities to work together. Hopefully her new role in Chapter 2 will be just as interesting. Keat's new storyline actually has me really interested. He was always a fun character, and the way he was thrusted from secondary character to POV was a pleasant surprise and I can't wait to see what he is to do next. Garthon also had a great storyline this chapter. Watching him recoperate from the disaster at Raylainsfair and meeting people who hold his brother in such high regard despite the more horrid things he did and his interactions in general were really fun. Raenna was also a great storyline. The North is such a great atmosphere and had a really strong cast of characters. While I may be a little biased as to how her storyline is heading, her parts were none the less great. Alys, despite having some lulls, had a somewhat interesting storyline. Merman's Rest is a interesting place, and what is to happen next there is going to be interesting.

Jenna, well, I think her role in Chapter 2 should only become more interesting. She's in for a couple twists that should massively develop her character and some others around her. Glad to see Keat here. I actually figured a new PoV from a previously minor character that also happens to have only two parts in this chapter wouldn't be the easiest way to start his storyline, but it seems he left at least an impression with you :) Garthon, Raenna and Alys should all continue to be fun next chapter, as the build up they went through in this chapter should pay off already for some of them. There will of course be further build up, but I plan to have the highlights in Book 2 a lot more evenly spread.

Being new, Edrick and Ysilla have yet to captivate me. While they are very well written, the cast of characters in these storylines have yet to hook me. If some more character moments were to happen, I'm certain my opinion would change. So this opinion is most likely a minor one that is likely to change. Wilifred's storyline also didn't have any memorable moments, so his storyline this chapter felt a little lacking.

Well, I can get that. Ysilla in particular introduced us to a completely new region without any ties to the main storyline for now. She is still developing as a character, but give her a bit, I'm sure she can win you over, because Ysilla is actually an enjoyable character for me, with some nice plans. Not sure if she'll win you over next chapter, but I'm kinda positive it will eventually happen.

Jenna's part where the entire group met in Richard's farm and planned on there next steps was a great scene. It had the perfect amount of plot establishment as well as interesting character interactions. Then the surprise of Vali appearing and completely changing the entire atmosphere of the scene was very well done. Almost all of the characters had memorable moments there and still moved the plot forward. That was certainly a great scene, well written, and one of my favorite scenes in the story so far.

Ah, this is nice. I liked the scene as well, it was one of the few chances I have to have all these distinct characters interacting with each other. It was a scene I was also a bit nervous about, because many distinct characters might mean a somewhat chaotic scene where some might come off as a bit lacking, glad that was not the case.

I kinda dislike how far apart certain parts were, Ellena's for example, even though no time between them had passed. I kinda wish parts that no time between has passed were more closely released. Just a minor opinion though and nothing too bugging. Also, did Petyr have an appearance this chapter? I am going through the character list and realized I completely forgot about him. For the villain of the Raylainsfair plot, he should have some mentions throughout the chapter to remind readers about him, instead of solely focusing on Mullendore.

Yeah, that is something I myself disliked as well. I would love to have the parts closer to each other. The problem there is, if I do that, Ellena's storyline would have ended somewhere in October, meaning those who look forward for more Team Targ have to wait another two-three months before seeing them again, same goes for other storylines. I might have to find a way around that in the future. Petyr also had an appearance this chapter, but only a short one, he greeted Maester Eddard and Vali in Raylansfair when they arrived. Actually, that was also the extent of Mullendore's role in this chapter before the very end of it, where he obviously got a scene that overshadowed his partner-in-crime. However, I promise that this is going to change in the next chapter. The tables will be turned and I feel like next chapter, Petyr should really receive some development with what I have planned.

Bounden posted: »

Oh shoot, what the hell did I just read. Things went to shit so quick. Everything was fine and dandy, Leonard was singing for christ sake. T

• Happy New Year Liquid! And Happy New Death!

Happy new year to you as well! Hopefully is started better than Richard's year ended ;) Get it? Get it?

1)At the last PoV of the 2017 Richard Harking bite the dust!Let's remember that he was the first character that survive the "unknown" status and the first death of a PoV that started his storyline at the second chapter of the first book!

Indeed, he was the very first to survive a situation that actually put him into the unknown list. It is tragic that after all he has been through, it still ended with his death, but at least he did not die in vain, but to buy the others time. This is very much what he is about, someone who is not afraid to sacrifice himself to save the ones he loves and in the end, this is what caused his undoing.

2)Speaking about Richard death,I must admit that I feel a little sorry for the character since I like him for a very long time

As did I, I really liked him this entire time. Sure, he was never among the most well-liked PoV's, but I always knew why I kept him around. This had to change though. In a way, he was the most heroic of the living characters, the most spotless, the most typical and ideal hero Raylansfair has at the time and that is one reason why I, with a heavy heart, decided to kill him off.

3)Another reason because I feel sorry for this death and that it make Jarow sacrifice void

Not entirely. Keep in mind, he also saved Hal Recton and though not appearing in this chapter, Hal is actually save and sound. Also, Jarow's sacrifice ultimately gave Richard the chance to live until he was able to hold Mullendore off here, meaning in a way, Jarow's sacrifice earlier also saved Leonard, Kersea and Jenna.

4)Surprise of the surprise Alan betray again and for the last time his brother

That is probably something many of you have seen coming XD Alan's betrayal was a long time in the making and not the first time he screwed Richard over. Truly, with this part he picked his side and if there has been any doubt about what kind of a man he is, it should be gone by now. Richard knew it, deep down, there is only one person Alan ever cares for and it is Alan himself.

5)If I must be honest Richard death was avoidable since there were many other ways to take time that don't include a suicide attack (but I like that Maron mention Harpy attempt to kill him)

Well, it could have possibly been avoided, but the thing is, he had no intention for a suicide attack and stalling Mullendore is the safest way to buy the others time. He simply did not want to risk Jenna's life to give himself better chances. However, neither did he intend to die there, he truly guessed that the worst that would have happened would have been him being taken prisoner. Actually, that was Mullendore's plan as well, until he really lost his cool and overreacted. Harpy left a mark on him, probably even more than the considerable mark he left on her and Richard's attempt on his life mirroring hers, as well as the weakness he still suffers from due to his incomplete recovery really caused him to snap.

6)I know that they probably will never appear inside the story but I would have liked if Richard shared at least a thought to his sons at the dornish marches

Hm, I have thought about it, yes, though I ultimately wanted to make this more about Richard and Jenna. His sons are not submitted characters, but I can reveal, I have some small plans for them as well. Richard considers them dead though, there has been a nasty fallout between him and his eldest when he decided to join the army and since he hasn't heard of them in a long time, he has actually grieved for them and considers them as dead as his wife. It is also the reason why he is so fiercely protective of Jenna.

7)I'm curious to read the reaction of Richard friends at his death (expecially Philip and Hal) and the other members of the countryfolk

There will be heavy reactions to this, aye. Mullendore basically murdered one of the smallfolk and though he might be able to cover it up as self defense, Richard was a well-liked man with many friends. You can expect some big fallout coming from this.

8)Wow Maron really lose his shit in this part!Beating to death a man that you could have easily jail for question and in front of people that are not psychos (like Nora and the other guards) was a really REALLY bad move.I must admit that I start to feel sad for the other members of his alliance because this is the type of dumb action that can guarantee their demise (because while I'm sure that they will try to cover up this event I found impossible the fact that the castellan decide from nowhere to visit a farm with armed guards will go unnoticed by people like Ser Kasyn or Daemion)

He did, things went way beyond what he himself had planned and once calming down, he will realize this. Maron has always been a good planner, foresighted and cunning, but his own terrible temper gets the better of him time and again and this is why he suffered every set back he ever had in the story. This was a bad move for sure, but as any person with a bad temper can confirm, foresight is not exactly what they think of when in a rage. Petyr and Devrin are of a different kind, they are much more calm and it might put a strain onto their partnership.

9)While I'm sorry that Richard die while he was undergoing an interesting character development I'm curious how the story will continue now since this event really shake things at Raylainsfair (the most notorious fact is probably that Jenna leave the city)

This chapter in general shook things up for Raylansfair, with most of the PoV's leaving (or, in Richard's case, outright dying), but this is not the end. Instead, it will bring up some very interesting things I look forward for in the future. Raylansfair is changing and the murder of Richard will probably shake things up and not exactly in favour of the new rulers.

10)This part really shake things between the members of the resistance!Now of the people of the meeting only Saerya and Davith (and Vali) remain at Raylainsfair! Even if it won't be to hard find new people for help (like a certain blacksmith)

You mention something very important here, the resistance might have lost a key member, but their potential is far from over. Others might join them after the events of this part, friends of Richard, disillusioned members of the smallfolk, or people with a legit grudge against Mullendore. Aylard is one of these people. He refused to help so far, but there's no guarantee his opinion will remain so strict.

11)Now that I think it is funny that just a year ago Raylainsfair had 10+ PoV's while today it has only 3 (and only Arthur will for sure remain at the city)

3 PoV's indeed, I can confirm there will be 3 Raylansfair PoV's in the next chapter. Book 1 was in many ways the PoV's travelling to Raylansfair, Book 2 will see them leave again. New ones will come, but not right away, meaning the city will take a step back for the bigger picture I wish to show.

12) I really like the ending song that you chose for this chapter! And I really enjoy listen to it while read the preview for the next chapter

Forum of Thrones rule #54: When in doubt, use a Mumford and Sons song for the chapter finale. It was not my first choice actually, but by far the better one (and my original choice might make a reappearance in the future), so I am glad you enjoyed it as well!

BQD:
    Richard Harking
    I would never leave you

Probably the most tragic of these quotes there ever could have been, at least for now :'(

The dornish woman and her brother are soon going to leaving their home and Dorne and they are already homesick,it is a mistery if they will ever comeback to their country

Well, it is not entirely homesick, but in this preview, they look down at Godsgrace after returning for the first time in months for Ysilla and years for Theodan. Surely, even Theodan loses a bit of his cockiness, meaning he has to face the father that banished him in the home he dearly learned to miss over the years.

We see a sample of the tourney and it seems that it will be a really fun read (but something that can ruin my favorite Stormlander forever)!

I certainly hope it will be fun to read. However, I am curious, so I must ask, what do you mean by it potentially ruining him forever?

This is easily the saddest of the preview but hey!At least Janae PoV is back!

It is the saddest of the previews indeed, as Janae's storyline in general will deal with some heavy topics. How far can one go to avenge injustice, that is a main topic with her. She wronged Abbas, quite heavily so and we will get a glimpse at the man he used to be before becoming a sleazy dirtball slaver.

Arthur is going to make Ryler escape the hospital but during that a woman find them,a new character?A character that has already appear?Who knows?

Who knows? I know ;) And now you will know as well, because I can confirm this character is a new one that has not appeared so far. An interesting character, who also has an interesting relationship with not one, but two other characters in the story.

Another well written preview where we discover that our thief is in "good hands" (and we are going to finally see who Hishi is)

Hishi has been a long time in the making. Rather ambiguous, as you certainly know, so I hope I'll do them justice. I mean, maybe I should not doubt myself, but there are easier characters to write than Hishi, who is after all a quite complex person.

Okay this preview make me curious because I really don't know where she is (a castle maybe?) and who stop her

The answer to both questions might surprise you. I currently consider giving Jenna the first part of the next chapter and it will contain this scene, means you will receive the answer to your questions soon.

Beside the usual suspects (Jaron,Leonard,Drent,Jenna,the Ironbro etc.) and my own characters I want to say that the targaryen siblings,Keat and Kyra(as PoV's) and Aeron Blacksails give me a really good impression inside this chapter

Ah, some nice new faces here, Keat, the Targaryens (and I know you are definitely not the #1 Targ fan, so this means a lot) and Aeron, I am happy people enjoy them =)

Wolfius!Wait...he is not present in this chapter?Jokes aside since I don't change my opinion about the returning characters and I feel that it is too soon judge the many new characters I will wait the next chapter before upgrade my blacklist

Wolfius... is taking a little break. His storyline is not over, as you can probably imagine. However, one thing I would like to hint at is that I actually plan to develop him in this book. We will learn some surprising things about him, about his backstory and while they are unlikely to give him redeeming features, I think they might manage to make you a bit more interested in him. We'll see, but this is still some time until we get there.

I would like to see different characters do bad things for a change because always see Maron (or his underlings) do the evil stuff is starting to be boring;outside that I almost had a jump scare when Gregor try (and,luckly for me,fail) to convince Aeron and the other pirates to become pro targaryen! XD

Oh, we will have others doing bad stuff for sure. In Raylansfair, Maron and his underlings are the bad guys, so don't expect, for example, Mathea to become a crazy serial killer, or Ilish to beat an innocent to death with a beer mug. There are Wolfius and Kreep as independent villains, but there will be other villains in other locations. Abbas comes to mind, Harren Hoare and his sons, the more murky situation in Faronhall, Bannister in Oldtown.

1)Well,since this was the first chapter of the entire book I found normal that,at except some key moments (the Ironbro PoV,the last part of this chapter etc.), it was mostly build up new storylines (and introduce many really important characters for this story)so I'm really curious to read the next chapter where all the storyline that you introduce will really start.

I definitely hope that the next chapter will give me the opportunity to show some highlights. In some occasions, it should. This chapter was mostly build up, I have to admit it, but sometimes, that is necessary and a direct consequence of so many storylines partially wrapping up at the end of Book 1 (like Drent/Argella finishing their stay in Raylansfair, the Ironborn raid failing, Jaron wrapping up his last loose ends in Oldtown etc.)

2)Obviously I'm really curious to read the first Jaron part outside Oldtown (and the first Jenna one outside Raylainsfair) and to see again the three PoV's that still have to comeback inside the story

I believe you will be pleased by these. Jaron in particular is in for some massive change of scenery, so that is something I myself look forward for tremendously. Out of the three missing PoV's, you will see Ilish and Janae, but as said above, Maya will remain absent until Chapter 3.

3) Like someone else already said it I will like to see more active the other members of the triumvirate (expecially Petyr) because it is a little boring read always only of the Evil Butterfly

Well, the other members will be more active for sure in the next chapter, particularly Petyr. With Maron, the thing is, he is the one doing their dirty business. He does all the bad stuff, so that they don't have to stain their own hands, means at worst, he takes the fall for them. As such, if you expect a good guy to be killed, chances are Maron or his underlings will do the deed. Petyr will receive some big development in the next chapter though, so I believe I will be able to satisfy your wish here.

4)Dimitri the Wise

Dimitri the Wise indeed.

Happy New Year Liquid! And Happy New Death! RT: 1)At the last PoV of the 2017 Richard Harking bite the dust!Let's remember that he was t

• Holy shit. Man, when I saw the part was Richard I was like "Okay

, not my favorite PoV, but I'm sure it'll be an interesting part anyway since its the finale." Welp, it was a lot more than just interesting. The moment Maron arrived I knew it would end to someone's death, and Richard it was. I have to say though, he truly won my respect in this last part of his. Rest in peace Richard, you were a farmer, a father, and a hero.

Hehe, I guess the finale in general should always be one of the most, if not the most interesting parts of the chapter, so no worries here. Even if it's a relatively unassuming or unliked PoV, be assured that something big will happen. Not necessarily that big of course, but I wanted to end the first chapter of Book 2 with a bang. Glad to hear Richard grew on you in the end, means I succeeded at last =)

Seriously though, I have hard time describing with words the sense of threat and danger you managed to put into the latter half of this part. And the contrast of the first half being so happy and relaxed also just made it better/worse. Man, what a gut wrenching chapter finale, well done once again Liquid!

That was what I intended, giving this stark contrast between the two halves of the part. Beyond that, I wanted to show some actually light-hearted moments at last, some interaction between Leonard, Kersea, Jenna and Richard, knowing that this group will pretty much be torn apart after this chapter. But yeah, it was not easy to write for me either, I think I'm going to miss Richard :(

And while Richard definitely won all my respect, Alan did the exact opposite. I mean, I never liked him, but this really put him among my least favorite characters. I see hardly anything redeeming about that prick. He is a smug, opportunistic, traitorous, greedy bastard, and he clearly has no love for his family. Seriously, fuck that guy. And Maron, well, his wickedness is nothing new to us obviously, but it seemed like Nora and Alan hadn't seen this side of him yet. Well, now they know.

Aye, he showed his true colours in this part, that being a selfish and ultimately ruthless coward. I think the only thing that comes even close to a redeeming feature is that he actually took the effort to make a deal with Maron to spare Richard and Jenna. In his own way, he probably even thought he'd do them a favour. Given that he saw the task of going against Maron as pure suicide, he figured submission is the only way and if he has to force Richard and Jenna into it, it would at least prevent them from dying alongside Leonard and Kersea. Sure, he'd ultimately benefit from it, but he figured at least they would get to keep their lives. It is definitely not much and his main motivation was greed, but it shows at least some minor concerns for his family, which, for Alan's standards, is more than you have seen of him so far. Beyond that though, fuck that guy. He did not know what Maron is capable of though and never thought things could go out of control in this way. Neither did Nora and she would have even tried to intervene (and suffered the consequences) if not for the Tom standing in the way.

Well, there were way too many characters that I enjoyed in this chapter to list them all, but my absolute favorites were Jaron (of course), Samuel Harrington, all three Targaryens, Ellena, Ysilla, Sarina Manwoody, Gregor Harlaw, Malina Karstark, Keat, Argella, Garthon, Hjalgar, Kyra, Gravven Drumm, and after this last part I also have to mention Richard.

As always, there are the usual suspects of course, whom everyone seems to enjoy and I certainly love that, means at least some all around favourite characters exist. Though seeing some of the newer and smaller characters here is great to see as well, I enjoy that just as much. I naturally cannot say too much other than that you'll see each of these in larger roles as the story continues.

Firstly I have to mention Ellena, who showed us more of the Targaryen's, and those parts were some of the highlights of this chapter. There was also some build up for this mysterious enemy, which really got me hyped for what's to come in that storyline ;)

Aye, hype is what I feel as well. More interaction between Ellena and the Targaryens is going to come, but perhaps more importantly, I plan to develop this storyline about Noelle's enemy a bit further, even if that person is going to remain a bit secretive for quite a while. Don't expect to actually see the enemy anytime soon, but you will definitely feel their influence in this storyline.

I also really enjoyed Jaron's storyline in this chapter. I mean, it wasn't action packed, but it certainly gave some interesting plot development, and made hyped for what's to come. I like that he teamed up with both John and Harrington, and I can't wait to see their adventures in Essos.

Ah, I am glad you enjoyed Jaron's storyline even if this was by far the calmest chapter he had in a very long time. I realized Chapters 6,7 and 9 were basically hugely action packed and dramatic for him and such stuff will return, don't grow accustomed to slower build-up chapters for him. They have to happen once in a while though and surely, this chapter set the groundwork for his journey to Essos, with his new team going to expand even further.

Then there was Ysilla, who introduced us to Dorne, a refreshing new location with its own interesting plot developments. Can't wait to see Ysilla's journey through Dorne, and finally meeting the Red Skull.

I kinda feared Ysilla would be less popular, because while certainly a character I have grown to like already (so much I changed my original plans for the Dorne PoV), her locations is entirely a new one, with no ties to the other storylines yet. However, that will change in the semi-near future, be assured of it :)

And lastly I wanted to mention Keat. He was a surprising new PoV, and we didn't get much of him yet, but I think he is the perfect character to become our new Oldtown protagonist, and I'm really looking forward to diving deeper into his storyline in Chapter 2.

Another of the new PoV's and another one I did not expect to grow that popular. I have struggled with my decision to make a Keat PoV, because there are so many characters to choose from, but ultimately, I believe this is for the better, given the positive reaction he caused.

Like I said earlier, I think every PoV brought something interesting to the table, but if I have to choose my least favorite, I'd say it's probably Sadie. It wasn't bad by any means, and I'm starting to get more and more invested in her development as a character, but it still feels a bit disconnected from the rest of the story.

Hm, I can understand that. Sadie is having her own little storyline right now, though with the Reynes, there will be a connection to the larger storyline coming up soon. Don't expect too much of it in the next chapter beyond beginnings and hints, but she will receive quite important connections to the larger storyline, so I absolutely intend to meet this point of criticism.

Holy shit. Man, when I saw the part was Richard I was like "Okay, not my favorite PoV, but I'm sure it'll be an interesting part anyway sinc

• Happy New Year, which here in Europe will happen in only a few hours. Anyway, damn you Mullendore!! And Alan, damn it. Anyway, this chapter set up many things and can't wait to see the rest.

And Happy New Year at last! May it be better than 2017, though I guess that at least won't be hard XD You are right, this chapter set up a grand amount of stuff, it was mostly a build-up chapter, though I can assure you, some big highlights should follow soon =)

I guess the Dornishmen were my favorites, but the three Targaryen's are all still awesome.

I'm actually afraid you won't see much of most Dornish for a while. The court of Meria will remain at Sunspear, though they will have a grand return in Chapter 4. For now, the story will follow Ysilla, Theodan, Jenelyne and Allar through Dorne, but the other characters still have a major role to play in another PoV.

Alan definitely screwed up on this one. I also highly dislike Arrec Mallister and the way he treated his daughter. Not only this betrothal is an obvious power-grab, he's willing to completely disregard his daughter's safety for an uncertain alliance with a much hated king.

Aye, Arrec is definitely a character meant to be highly disliked. He might be less evil than his king, but the way he treated his daughter and only child in this chapter is inexcusable. Of course, it helps him, as he gains a bit of an ally in form of Harren Hoare, which is more than what he had before, but if there is anything the Ironborn are not fond of, it is scheming and painfully obvious power grabs, so we'll see if it all works out as well as he thinks it will.

I didn't liked Samantha's part that much, but perhaps is because she only had a POV until very late in the chapter.

Very understandable, I held off on her parts until the late Chapter, due to her only getting two parts. I hope your opinion will change in the next chapter, when we will learn more about her new storyline, which means several additional parts and an increased length.

Edinosaur23 posted: »

Happy New Year, which here in Europe will happen in only a few hours. Anyway, damn you Mullendore!! And Alan, damn it. Anyway, this chapter

• I know its a pretty cheap move to name your own characters, but I just have to xD. It was a big surprise seeing Gregor already in the first chapter, and, to me, he came with a bang. I seriously love the guy and am really looking forward to seeing him again. Theodan was also great, and with him following Ysilla I imagine my bias towards him will only grow, can't wait until they reach Godsgrace as it should be interesting, to say the least. And, of course, there's Gravven. No doubt an even bigger surprise than seeing Gregor himself, as you know very well the reason xD. Now that the bias is out of the way, I gotta say I really liked Jenelyne, she seemed pretty cool. Rhaenys was among my favorite characters, same applies to Visenya, and I'm really looking forward to see more of them. Deria Martell was another one of my favorites, we haven't seen that much of her yet but hopefully the other Dorne PoV will be able to help with this. Jadith Linster was also a joy to read, I gotta say she's pretty unique and her remarks were absolutely golden xD Aidan Storm was also another one that I liked a lot, though, again, I might be biased here since he and Gregor seem to be pretty good buddies (which makes a lot of sense considering some things about their past and some of their principles). Sargasso Saan was also pretty interesting, I'm intrigued about what his true ambitions are though... for some reason I don't think he's as loyal to Blacksails as he seems to be. Hell, the rest of the council was also great too. Then there's Sarina Manwoody, another very interesting character who is also intriguing. I could go on forever about the characters, especially since I only talked about the new ones, so I'll just stop here hehe.

Am I really the only person who does not consider this a cheap move at all? I mean, I myself am doing it without shame at all, naming my own characters, because I obviously have the strongest connection to them. What would I be if I could not write pages upon pages of how thrilled I am about them and their storylines? So, don't consider this a cheap move, it's something I do with pride and well, it shows me I write your characters in the right way, which, as I said time and again, is the best compliment I can get. Beyond these, I see there are several other characters you greatly enjoyed. Rhaenys and Visenya in particular are among my own favourites, I'll definitely feature them in the next chapter, when Ellena gets to know both a bit better. Deria and Sarina, I am afraid they won't appear for a bit, but be assured, both will be important for the other Dorne PoV in Chapter 4. And I see some of the Merman's Rest pirates here, I like that :) Aidan is the only one whom we won't see in that storyline for the time being, given that he left, but he will be back next chapter. Jadith is a surprising character here, I never thought she'd make it as one of the favourites. Sargasso is slightly less surprising, but I am delighted over these choices. You are right that there is more to him than what meets the eye, but that is a given as Aeron's right-hand man.

Alan Harking. Never liked him to begin with, but now? I knew we should've just beaten the hell outta this waste of air. While I don't really dislike Mallister that much, I gotta say he's a fucking weasel to sell his daughter to the devil (quite literally it seems). What about that revelation about Leo York? I already hated that backstabbing cunt, but now I just really wish someone would just kill this creep.

Beating Alan, that would have made his betrayal only more unavoidable. Pretty much the only way to avoid being betrayed by him is to completely submit to him. And yeah, Leo is an expected pick here. Quite a shitty person all around, but one that can hide it a bit better than Alan or Arrec.

Ysilla's PoV was very interesting as she pretty much introduced us to Dorne. I am really looking forward to her journey through Dorne and the Red Mountains as I imagine, it is, in a way, something she always longed for. An adventure allowing her to see a lot of the world, with her brother by her side to booth? Yes, please! I'm really hyped for what her storyline will show us. Kyra was also one of my favorites, and just like with Ysilla, the future of her storyline has me really intrigued. I can't wait to see the "confrontation" between team Ironborn and team Sons of the Trident. Jaron was also one of my favorites, I just really like the guy and like the way his story is going. Seeing new places in Essos from the PoV of a "beginner" (in the sense that he never went there) will be pretty nice. Alys storyline is also hooking me up a lot, seeing Merman's Rest and that pirate setting was great for me. It was so unique and interesting that the location alone got me hooked. I feel a little bad for her though, as I doubt Edward is going to just drop her off at Dorne like he promised. Her blood might come in use for him again. Ellena was also pretty good, having someone show us the Targ side is nice. I gotta say I'm not the biggest Targaryen fan (the only Targ that I liked before FoT was Aemon), but now I'm beggining to like them little by little. I imagine once I get to see more of them, plus hopefully some interaction between Rhaenys (who I really like already, just like Visenya) and Gregor, will be all that I need to like them even more. Gotta say, as someone who really loathed everything Targaryen, this has been a surprising turn of events.

I agree, this is something Ysilla has always longed for. A bit of an adventure, helping her family with it, helping her home, that is the icing on the cake. Having Theodan with her means a lot to her as well as you know, together they are ready for quite a lot. It remains to be seen if they are ready for what they will get though, things won't be all that easy, though at least Ysilla won't take this journey lightly. Kyra meanwhile, you will see a lot more of her in the chapters to come. I think you will enjoy what I have in mind for her :) Meanwhile, with Alys I am glad the location alone was enough already. Merman's Rest is a bit of a late addition to the story, but after envisioning it, I just knew I had to write about it. Actually, it made me expand her storyline a bit to feature the location a bit more =) And well, this is great! I have never been against the Targaryens to the same degree as others (though neither would I consider myself a pro-Targ person), so hearing I managed to somewhat change your mind is great. There is greatness among them and Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys portray this side of the coin to varying degrees (though Aegon's utter ambition is an early sign at what some of his successors will suffer from. He's got it under control, Maegor most certainly doesn't). So, I am happy they are well liked, they are obviously major characters for the entirety of the story, so having them be hated would probably be not all that much a good thing.

Jenna was definitely my least favorite, I just don't like the goody two shoes attitude she displays constantly. Though I gotta say that it wasn't even her part per se, but Samantha's last part (though I have nothing against Samantha, just to be clear). Jenna was so annoying there... just let Leonard beat the shit out of the eavesdropper, will ya?! xD Arthur's is another one who was among my least favorites, though I think that's just because things really didn't get into motion for him yet, so this is bound to change.

Hehe, that is Jenna for you. She's got the same morals as Richard, but slowly, she manages to actually stand up for them. Quite an important moment for her to be honest, she managed to stand her ground in a situation where she would have just cowered and be silent just months ago. Though she knows the same attitude got her father into an early grave, so let's see how she will change over time. Her character development is far from over. Same goes for Arthur, who only has started his Book 2 storyline. Interesting revelations will come in the next chapter, this much I promise.

My favorite moment was no doubt that Gregor speech... God, that was just awesome. I know this is biased as all hell, but it was the scene that got to me the most (in a good way, because the finale here was really impactful, but in a gruesome way). I was really pumped up with his speech as well as entertained. This speech made this cameo of his be all the more organic... ah, I can't wait to see my dude again xD.

And seeing him again you shall! You know it won't be in the next chapter, but I am so glad his cameo made you excited for his next appearance. His speech was surprisingly fun for me and if there would be any way for me to show him in the next chapter, I'd use it, but I think it is better to first develop the new location before throwing someone with Gregor's, ahem, presence into the fray :D

Seems like chapter 2 will have a lot to look forward to! Harmund's wedding is something I'm really intrigued to see. Kyra and Gravven beginning their "journey" to find this particular groups of Sons (and hopefully give them a gruesome death, like these worms deserve hehe). Ysilla's journey through Dorne is definitely something I'm really looking forward to, though perhaps I'm looking forward to her getting to Godsgrace even more. After reading the "next time" segment, I know this homecoming will be absolutely great to read. Though not something for chapter 2, I'm also looking forward to meeting the Red Skull, I imagine he'll have some great interactions with the Allyrion siblings.

I think out of these, Harmund's wedding is my favourite. Having a bit of a dark fascination for these wicked storylines, it obviously stands out and I have some interesting plans (perhaps unexpected even) on how to make it interesting. It will be seen early in the next chapter and well, it might serve a great chance to develop some otherwise underdeveloped characters.

Who were your favourite characters in Chapter 1? I know its a pretty cheap move to name your own characters, but I just have to xD. It was

• edited January 2018

Well, damnit. I knew it seemed too happy. Oy vey. Too much joy. I was wondering what tragedy what was going to take place and well, damn.

Too much joy can be a bad thing, as this part showed. It won't always end this way, but well, obviously it did in this case. It was going a bit too well until right now and as such, they grew a bit careless. They felt safe in a situation where they were anything but and as such, something happened that could have been avoided with proper precautionary measures.

I knew kicking Alan out was a bad choice. Just seemed like the kind of decision that would come back to bite Richard. And, it did.

It was a bad choice in that it really made Alan lose the last bit of reason he had not to make a move against Richard. If you wouldn't have confronted him, this argument would have never come up and as such, this could have been avoided. But for now, Alan actually got through with it, he owns the farm, he got rid of his brother (Even if he never wanted his death) and this is basically one big victory for him.

You know, it was incredibly weird to see Leonard so happy. I can't remember any time in the story where he was like that. Even since his appearance in Chapter 1 in Book 1. Always so bitter. I mean him, humming, singing? And now he's on a road trip with Kersea and Jenna (temporarily). Ack, I wish he wasn't so nice to her at the time. At least I know that will not be the case with Kersea.

It was indeed an unusual mood for him. Leonard is currently trying to overplay his negative feelings with being positive and it kinda even works. He had always been angry and has more reason than ever now and make no mistake, he still is. It's just that he wanted and wants to be more positive for the sake of his allies. He has actually grown fond of Jenna, her saving his life tends to have this effect, but before you get the wrong impression, it is purely in a somewhat sibling way. Kersea meanwhile, his relationship with her mirrors the one had with Lucas a whole book ago. They ended up as friends through hardships and while the end result cannot be confirmed to be the same, I can tell you that hardships will come for these two as well.

Oh Mullendore, so cruel. Beating Richard to death. While I have sadness, I am glad he finally died, and did so in a respectful manner. Richard will be missed.

Not sure getting his head smashed in counts as a respectful way to die, but he was content with it, which I believe is more than what most of the characters in the story can say. He did not expect to be killed over this, but when it dawned upon him, he knew it was to save the lives of his daughter and allies, so he was equally happy as Jarow when it finally happened.

In no particular order, Ser Leonard Constantine, uh, Wilfred, Ryler and Arthur are pretty nice. Harrold Hornwood is a favorite, I wish he could have rode his moose. Mace Crowl too. Samantha and Sasha, inseparable and fun duo. Saerya is pretty cool. Durren Stallhart is always awesome. I like the antics of Keat. Jaron, Ayden, John, and Temari too. Donna Flowers is kind of appealing. All of the Hoares. Christian Thomas is nice. The ironborn chick, uh, Codd. Viveka Codd, definitely someone I'd like to meet in real life. I actually kind of liked the tragic Tedyn Bullister. Orys is great, Wulvren is my kind of nutjob. Argilac, Argella, Qoherys, Drent, Emphryus, thumbs-up. Edward Anturion is my kind of scoundrel, and Blacksails, he was, eh. Cool. I guess, Richard. I'll give him the honor since he, kind of, died.

Ah, so many, I like it :) Especially some of the minor characters. I never thought Christian would leave much of an impression, or Tedyn. The former will receive more development for sure. Not the latter, eh, but you know what I mean. Actually, all of these that are still alive will receive massive developments in the chapters to come, that includes such seemingly minor characters like Mace, Durren or Qoherys. Naturally, the larger characters you mention here will continue to be main characters as well.

Alan Harking, yeah, I used to kind of like him too. Lord Petyr Vyrwel and Ser Maron Mullendore, they suck. The Tom, hate that guy. The Sphynx and Connor Frostborn appeared, right? Well, screw them. Lord Devrin Oakheart is a damn traitor. I really dislike Vali Flowers. Such a ugh. Nora Recton stood there, watching Richard die. Thorrin Bannister would not be here if he didn't do that ear thing. Malina Karstark is too smart.

I do remember you had a bit of a liking to him, at least when compared to Richard and Jenna. I guess that has changed now and well, this is how Alan has always been, he just never acted out on it. The Sphynx and Connor appeared as well, quite understandable that you dislike them. However, in one of these cases, I am curious to read your thoughts over the course of the next chapter ;) Nora, well, in her defence, she did try to intervene, she would have done it, but the Tom held her back. That was a bit of a decent thing to do from him, because she otherwise would have only gotten herself killed, but she definitely did not just stand there without trying to do something.

I really enjoyed Keat this chapter. Alys Boleyn was good, not for her character but the exciting surrounds. Samantha's (she did have one this chapter, right?), Richard's, Kersea's, and Jenna's were basically one big storyline, and I appreciated that connectivity. (this is the first one to not have Lucas, isn't it?)

Samantha had a storyline indeed, it was the one at the Harking farm, with Vali. Kersea however had none, she will return as a PoV in the next chapter, showing her journey with Leonard to Oldtown. And it is indeed the first not to feature Lucas' storyline :( More will follow and it might eventually feel normal, but for now I cannot lie, I noticed his absence painfully in this chapter.

I have to say, maybe because I don't care enough about the characters, Ysilla. There was some interesting stuff there, but that whole storyline was not on my main radar. Edrick and Garthon's were kind of meh too, maybe because there weren't that exciting. I found Kyra's Riverlands storyline to be the best. I am sure they will heat up though.

Hm, that is something I expected and I am glad some still enjoyed her, but at paper, Ysilla is basically a new character surrounded by new characters, so it is hard to already bring up the same level of investment when compared to characters such as Richard whom you had a whole book of getting to know. I fully expect this to change over time though, as Ysilla becomes an established character. And well, the Riverlands will absolutely heat up, quite literally in some cases. This is just waiting to explode and Garthon, Edrick and Kyra are caught in the middle.

I really liked Tedyn's death. That was a good part, indeed. My favorite moment though, that's a bit tougher. Maybe the epic handshake of Jaron and John? Their interactions were cool. Richard's death was sad but memorable.

Ah, the handshake. A scene I myself enjoyed a lot, it's like these epic team-ups I always thought about when watching just about any kind of show. The scenes that will follow out of this should be even better though, their journey is just at its beginning :)

Where was Vaasrand of Lys? I mean, not that he was in any way relevant, but he was my man. He must reappear. The chapter was too action heavy, but I think that's a given. Would have been nice to see a little more. Also, there were a lot of characters, particularly new ones, that I had trouble remembering. Maybe it's because the POV's scatter them, or that they are competing for detail. A minor issue at best. Hmm, maybe some newer characters like Kasyn Luck did not get too much development in my opinion. Can't really think of anything else.

Vaasrand, well, he has skipped this chapter. No worries, he shall reappear and it won't be too long until you see him again, probably killing monsters and stuff. You are right with the characters stuff though. FoT has a massive amount of characters and well, I kinda have to get the wiki done, or else it will only get more confusing. A while ago, I made an amusing list of every character that somewhat sounds like Jaron and while many of them should remain perfectly easy to distinguish, I could guess that all of them combined could give you trouble remembering them all. So, the wiki has to happen, it'll probably make things easier. I have this plan, once it is finished, to post links to the respective wiki sites of characters that appear in a part, so that you just have to click onto them if you don't remember who, for example Eon Dustin from Raenna's storyline is, or Daemion Stratford from Raylansfair's city guard, or Baron Schodek from the court of Storm's End. As it is, the wiki will need more time, but it will happen, this is for sure.

I do hope that next chapter has some stimulating visual imagery of Dorne. Stuff like the real-world's Sedona or the Flaming Mountains. Maybe even some salt flats, like how Crait was in the Last Jedi. Maybe even the war-torn beauty of Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, or Iraq (which, to be honest would be fitting for Dorne later in the story). I wouldn't mind a nice Dorne part, campfire a raging, quiet conversation in a beautiful landscape. Camels, too.

The next chapter's Dorne storyline should give me a bit of an opportunity to do that, but the thing is, Ysilla's storyline will mostly be set in Godsgrace itself. In time though, Dorne should give me the opportunity for some nice descriptions. The region itself is in for the long haul, so do not worry, it shall happen. Camels though, I think they are from the very far east. Coincidentally though, we will see the very far east next chapter ;)

Now there is one thing that very excited for. A certain infamous character. You know all know him...GENERAL GRIEVOUS! I kid, but an equally disturbing arrogant fool is coming: Lord Donnel Selwyn. Prepare yourselves. Wall off your hearts and open up to him. Ban the foreign thoughts were changing your opinion. Rush in-to your souls, the Donnel awaits.

Yes, the Donnel shall come and he will be in the next chapter in fact. Might need a bit longer to properly introduce the members of his household, but he himself should become a well established character by the end of Chapter 2 already. Honestly, I am excited for the challenge, but your submission should give me all I need to write him in a way that is actually enjoyable for everyone despite how controversial the one he is originally based off is. If anything, I am more than up for the challenge and I've got a good feeling it'll be fun :)

Well, damnit. I knew it seemed too happy. Oy vey. Too much joy. I was wondering what tragedy what was going to take place and well, damn.

• And 'tis the end of the journey for Richard Harking. Another one of the original POVs has fallen. Can't say I was ever much of a fan of Richard, but the characterization he got in his final part redeemed him in my eyes. Also, I can't help but wonder what would've happened if we hadn't driven Alan away, and was instead nicer to him.

Oh yes, Richard was at least a PoV for a very long time. This leaves Jaron, Ellena and Willfred as the sole surviving PoV's from the first two chapters. In general, I plan to have PoV deaths more evenly spread in Book 2. Book 1 forced me to build them all up before being able to show some death in the final act, so that there is a sense of danger. Book 2, while not necessarily more brutal than Book 1 in these regards, will spread them more evenly over the course of the 10-11 chapters, so truly, nobody is safe at any time. I am glad you came around about Richard though, this was truly his part. When it comes to Alan, if you wouldn't have decided to confront him, the brothers wouldn't have gotten into this argument. Richard would have actually survived for now, but in time, betrayal would have been inevitable, by the end of the next chapter at latest. You simply cannot satisfy someone as inherently selfish and greedy as Alan forever.

Obviously, I am biased towards the Codds, and by association all who are sworn to them. Besides that, I've always been a fan of the Ironborns, so Garthon, the Hoares and the Drumm just to name a few. Samuel Harrington, and Donna Flowers from Jaron's story. And poor ol' Keat who got his ear sliced off.

Ah, that is good. The Codds will, as I promised, continue to be very important in the next chapters. The Ironborn in general, I feel Book 2 is going to be their book in many ways, with the war between Harren and Aegon being the first big phase of the WoC, so you can look forward for that :)

Leo in Edrick's story, also not a big fan of Dante Karstark, wouldn't say he's my least favorite though. I also tend to not like characters such as John Gutten, Leonard, the Harlaw pirate but again I don't hate them. I don't really like Ellena, but that's probably because I like Noelle. I do actively despise the Sons of the Trident though, in my eyes, they're nothing more than terrorists. Oh, and Saerya, it's probably because the characters around her all idolize her so much and see her as this virtuous person, when she's a manipulative scheming spy.

Oh, you like Noelle? This is as unexpected as welcome, I thought pretty much everyone would hate her by now. She is still a somewhat grey character though, or at least I always intended her as such, so I am glad she is not universally despised. Makes sense that you're not the greatest Ellena fan as a result though. When it comes to Saerya, I can confirm that few people would go as far as to idolize her. Her allies definitely don't. Even Jenna simply sees her as a bit of an authority figure and mentor to look up to, but not someone to idolize. She is not blind to Saerya's darker side, but she potentially is not taking it as seriously as you do. However, she definitely does not see her as a virtuous person and even called her out a bit in Chapter 9, she just hopes that Saerya is a genuine ally, which, to be absolutely fair, is in the realms of possible if their goals truly align as well as she claims.

Richard's death scene was spectacular. Mullendore's just one of those villains you love to hate, it'll be sad when he finally gets what's coming to him, cause he honestly makes every plotline he's a part of better.

I am inclined to agree here. Mullendore, well, he is obviously someone that is easy to hate, but I have a lot of fun writing him, because he is this kind of guy that manages to be genuinely menacing, which is an important feature for a villain. I love to hate him and among the submitted characters, I couldn't have wished for a better villain, especially in the early stages of the story.

I'm really looking forward to all the Essos stuff, Janae POV sounds like it's gonna be awesome. And I'm hoping for the Vale to show up soon.

The Vale will show up in the next chapter! I even thought about giving you a teaser in the Next Time segment, but decided against it in favour of established PoV's, but be assured, the Vale will finally get the representation it deserves in the next chapter :)

DiverseGnu posted: »

And 'tis the end of the journey for Richard Harking. Another one of the original POVs has fallen. Can't say I was ever much of a fan of Rich

• Oh I’ve been away for a while I guess I need to catch up, well here’s the finale I’m sure nothing will go- AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

In all seriousness though, I’m very sorry for my absence. I just finished catching up completely and I gotta say this chapter was good overall. I have some issues that I want to bring to light, so hopefully I can do so soon before the begining of the next chapter.

And before I forget, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and here’s to many years for the continued success of Forum of Thrones. Every reader, commenter and drawer, you are seriously awesome. So thanks for reading this story along with me, and special thanks to Liquid, without him it wouldn’t have been possible. ?

• Oh I’ve been away for a while I guess I need to catch up, well here’s the finale I’m sure nothing will go- AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

In all seriousness though, I’m very sorry for my absence. I just finished catching up completely and I gotta say this chapter was good overall. I have some issues that I want to bring to light, so hopefully I can do so soon before the begining of the next chapter.

Ah, welcome back! Glad you managed to return and just in time for the end of this chapter and the start of the next one. I'll try to post the alternative choices tomorrow, but might not manage to do so depending on how busy I am. That means, the new chapter will likely start around the end of this week or the early next one. However, even beyond that, you are always welcome to bring up these issues you've mentioned, or further thoughts on the chapter and I'll try and reply to them. As always, I am very curious about your opinion, positive and negative, so that can only help :)

And before I forget, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and here’s to many years for the continued success of Forum of Thrones. Every reader, commenter and drawer, you are seriously awesome. So thanks for reading this story along with me, and special thanks to Liquid, without him it wouldn’t have been possible. ?

You see, I realized the worst part about the new forums (and the old ones, for that matter): It is not possible to like a post twice, because I feel like agreeing with what you said here way more than once. Telltale, pls fix! In all seriousness though, I agree wholeheartedly.

Oh I’ve been away for a while I guess I need to catch up, well here’s the finale I’m sure nothing will go- AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! In all serio

• Alan is oficially the worst motherfucker of 2017. I hope he dies a long and painful death.

Poor Richard, he didn't deserve it :( At least I hope it wasn't for nothing. Pray for Leonard and his gang!

This chapter was one of my favourites actually - mainly because of the new POVs. All of them were really intriguing, especially Ysilla. I've been waiting for a POV in Dorne, it's like a Christmas present for me! Keat seems to have quite a potential. But still, Ellena's storyline was the most interesting for me - yay for Targaryens! I can't wait until the war outbursts, especially in the Reach.

Thank you for that story and happy 2018 :)

• Alan is oficially the worst motherfucker of 2017. I hope he dies a long and painful death.

Quite the trophy, given we're talking about 2017 here, but definitely not undeserved. Mullendore did not exactly went into this with the plan to kill Richard and Jenna, but it was always a possible outcome and partially came true, means Alan, while making some minor effort to have them be spared, at least readily accepted the possibility of their deaths.

Poor Richard, he didn't deserve it :( At least I hope it wasn't for nothing. Pray for Leonard and his gang!

I definitely do not disagree. Richard is probably one of those that deserve death the least, as he has been absolutely selfless on a repeated basis over the course of Book 1. He actually had the heart of a hero, as this final action proved again. It was not for nothing though. Leonard and Kersea got away, Jenna survived, they can all fight another day. Mullendore has lost pretty much his best chance of catching two of his most dangerous enemies. I'd say this is worth something, though if it is worth Richard's life is questionable still.

This chapter was one of my favourites actually - mainly because of the new POVs. All of them were really intriguing, especially Ysilla. I've been waiting for a POV in Dorne, it's like a Christmas present for me! Keat seems to have quite a potential. But still, Ellena's storyline was the most interesting for me - yay for Targaryens! I can't wait until the war outbursts, especially in the Reach.

Oh, this is nice! I feared the beginning of the book and the lack of super exciting pay off that dominated the last three chapters would make it feel a bit boring in comparison, though the scenes here were absolutely necessary. Glad it was actually enjoyable :) Expect a lot more in Dorne. Ysilla herself is not even going to be the main Dorne PoV, since her journey at least in theory will lead her to the Reach. And well, I definitely must admit, I never expected Keat to be this popular in an instant, certainly interesting, I hope I can keep him at this level.

Alan is oficially the worst motherfucker of 2017. I hope he dies a long and painful death. Poor Richard, he didn't deserve it At least I

Sign in to comment in this discussion.