How are you passing time whilst waiting?

There is currently 26 days before the first episode is released, just as a quick question how is everyone passing the time?

I personally am making a LeChuck doll.

Here are some pics...

Making of the Lechuck Doll

3617020344_aed972708f.jpg?v=0

The doll goes Nicely with:
3616283379_f66b25bd81.jpg?v=1244733423

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Good work!

I've mainly been playing S&M s2, MI4 and constantly pressing F5 whilst viewing these forums!
  • edited June 2009
    Other than making craptastic fan paintings I have been juggling chainsaws and playing inappropriate touch football with my wife.
  • edited June 2009
    Still need a little work, like adding a Pirate hat, may have to make on.
  • edited June 2009
    Shame you can't make him talk like in Curse, "Math is hard! Let's go shopping!" :)
  • edited June 2009
    I could maybe. lol Just need to find a doll that says that and mutilate it, I feel kinda like Sid from Toy Story.
  • edited June 2009
    Currently i just finished Full Throttle (wayyy overated) and going to move on to Grim Fandango next :)
  • edited June 2009
    eloffler wrote: »
    3616283379_f66b25bd81.jpg?v=1244733423

How does that work anyways? How do you get the pulley on the rope without untying it?
  • edited June 2009
    Its open at the bottom of the pulley.
  • edited June 2009
    eloffler wrote: »
    Its open at the bottom of the pulley.

But you can't balance the pulley on a line.
  • edited June 2009
    I think you may be over analyzing this...
  • edited June 2009
    Playing all the adventures I've got. I love it.

Sam: Max, I'm thinking of a number between one and ten, and I don't know why.
    Max: Me too.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm creating DVD covers for my old LucasArts games. So far I've created ones for DOTT and COMI in the style of the DVD covers from Adventure-Treff since the guy who did those never made covers for DOTT or COMI. I'll be doing EMI, Grim Fandango, Zak McKracken, Infernal Machine, Emperor's Tomb and possibly Maniac Mansion later on.

What I got so far:

ladvdcovers.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    devoted this week to playing through sam and max s1 and s2. just about to dl season finale for s2. then ill get back to work and just hold my breath. i can do it for a whole month!
  • edited June 2009
    uh I have exams and stuff. I am excited about the new MI, but unfortunately - I have other things to do than just sit around and wait for it :p
  • edited June 2009
    Cool stuff MusicallyInspired
  • edited June 2009
    ladvdcovers.jpg

And how do you think the code wheels will fit into that package?
  • edited June 2009
    Thus (not Monkey Island related, I warn you).
  • edited June 2009
    Where do you go to get those printed? (The DVD covers - I mean, what device. Is that from a normal printer?)
  • edited June 2009
    if someone hasn't played johnny rocketfingers 2 I can recommend that, it's free online. wave of the future.
  • edited June 2009
    SRTie4k wrote: »
    But you can't balance the pulley on a line.

Thats how it looks in the Original, sheer luck is my guess.
  • edited June 2009
    Replaying the games. MI1 played fine but MI2 (which is on the same "Monkey Island Madness" disc) has picture but no sound.

Anybody else have this problem?
  • edited June 2009
    KB57 wrote: »
    Replaying the games. MI1 played fine but MI2 (which is on the same "Monkey Island Madness" disc) has picture but no sound.

Anybody else have this problem?

Have you tried running it through the SCUMM VM engine? Every time I've had a problem with something like that, I run it through SCUMM and everything works fine.

I've been re-playing MI1 and 2, mixed in with some Grim Fandango and topped off with some SBCG4AP.
  • edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    And how do you think the code wheels will fit into that package?

Heh, well seeing as they're all CD versions of each game they don't need any code wheels. :P Didn't somebody on this forum make jewel case-sized code wheels for himself?
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Where do you go to get those printed? (The DVD covers - I mean, what device. Is that from a normal printer?)

Just from my own printer, yes. I use matted presentation paper. Seems to work well enough. Prints a little dark, though, and the red isn't as strong as I'd like (my printer is only an Epson Stylus NX100). But it looks pretty darn fine on the shelf.
  • edited June 2009
    Samas wrote: »
    Have you tried running it through the SCUMM VM engine? Every time I've had a problem with something like that, I run it through SCUMM and everything works fine.

I've been re-playing MI1 and 2, mixed in with some Grim Fandango and topped off with some SBCG4AP.

Bear with me... How do I run it through the Scumm VM engine?
  • edited June 2009
    http://www.scummvm.org/

Instructions are all there. Your sound probably doesn't work because you're using Win2000/XP/Vista which doesn't support DOS games anymore.
  • edited June 2009
    Passing the time by doing anything Monkey Island related that I can, musically, artistically, ...game-playing..ly..

Just found this great post from Emily. The video on G4 features gameplay I haven't seen anywhere else.
    Emily wrote: »
    Here's some of the press that came out of our E3 adventure:

GameSpy
    GamePro
    Wired Blog
    Destructoid
    G4 Preview | G4 Mike Stemmle Interview | G4 Video
    Kotaku
    Joystiq
    IGN Preview | IGN Mike Stemmle Interview

I have a few other pictures on my camera, too, haven't had a chance to upload them yet...
  • edited June 2009
    cricket world cup :p
  • edited June 2009
    http://www.scummvm.org/

Instructions are all there. Your sound probably doesn't work because you're using Win2000/XP/Vista which doesn't support DOS games anymore.

OK, thanks. It's an old laptop that runs XP, but it plays MI 1, 3 and 4 just fine. And 2 even plays, just without sound. I'll see if this helps...
  • edited June 2009
    I've actually been quite busy lately! It seems I'm traveling all over the US this summer, and it's keeping me occupied to the point that I still haven't actually played past the first couple puzzles of Last Resort!

This isn't a wait, really. Going straight from one Telltale series into another? My wallet hates it, but the piece of gray matter responsible for happiness is loving it!
  • edited June 2009
    Tried to play Escape but failed, I may attempt the other LA adventures I never got round to finishing, Grim Fandango and Full Throttle.
  • edited June 2009
    I keep reading the forum and telltale website and try to tell myself I'm not dreaming but that MI is really coming......
  • edited June 2009
    I just discovered Sam & Max (I only heard about them before), so I've got plenty to do..!
    Also, I keep reading the forums.
    About the chicken with the pulley.. haha, I did one just like that some time ago! But that's more useless that the SoMI one!
  • edited June 2009
    I've just played through Secret, Revenge & Curse in the last week. Moving on to Escape now. After that, I'll probably move on to Grim Fandango and by that time W&G epsiode 3 should be out.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm creating DVD covers for my old LucasArts games. So far I've created ones for DOTT and COMI in the style of the DVD covers from Adventure-Treff since the guy who did those never made covers for DOTT or COMI. I'll be doing EMI, Grim Fandango, Zak McKracken, Infernal Machine, Emperor's Tomb and possibly Maniac Mansion later on.

Hey, those are pretty awesome! Any chance you could share them?
  • edited June 2009
    I have so far played MI 3 and just started 4 now, and sorta trying to study for exams ;)
  • edited June 2009
    hamzie wrote: »
    cricket world cup :p

Its a shame england are lousy at T20
  • edited June 2009
    I downloaded Sam n Max ep1 for free (pre-order bonus).... and now I've bought Season 1 and 2.... smart move Telltale dudes! :D

Having a serious point-and-click revival here, thanx a bunch guys.... too bad I have to finish my thesis as well though. :S
  • edited June 2009
    =KB57]OK, thanks. It's an old laptop that runs XP, but it plays MI 1, 3 and 4 just fine. And 2 even plays, just without sound. I'll see if this helps...

You may think MI1 is running fine but it isn't. The only reason you hear the music and certain sound effects (beach/waterfront, jungle ambiance and such) is because they're CD audio tracks. Unless you hear sounds when you open/close doors you're not getting any sound in MI1 either. WinXP doesn't support sound in DOS. You should use ScummVM for both of those games. MI3 and MI4 run fine because they're Windows games and not DOS games.
    PimPamPet wrote: »
    Hey, those are pretty awesome! Any chance you could share them?

You just quoted the links to where you can find them.
  • edited June 2009
    Playing Indiana Jones & the Staff of Kings on PS2 which is okay but could have been better and I plan to order Ghostbusters for 360 since thats now confirmed as Region-free and if I get a little bit of time I will replay through all 4 MI games in anticpation for the new games maybe the week before release.
  • edited June 2009
    Polishing legs
Sign in to comment in this discussion.