How are you passing time whilst waiting?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Reading people overreacting and acting like crazy. :)

And playing old games.
  • edited June 2009
    whoops wrong thread LOL
  • edited June 2009
    You may think MI1 is running fine but it isn't. The only reason you hear the music and certain sound effects (beach/waterfront, jungle ambiance and such) is because they're CD audio tracks. Unless you hear sounds when you open/close doors you're not getting any sound in MI1 either. WinXP doesn't support sound in DOS. You should use ScummVM for both of those games. MI3 and MI4 run fine because they're Windows games and not DOS games.

You just quoted the links to where you can find them.

You know, you're right... Thank you!
  • edited June 2009
    Trying to pass every exam to have summer completely free for Monkey Island
  • edited June 2009
    Got an exam to do, university open days, and I am going to Berlin.
    Other than that, a bit of Street Fighter isn't amiss.
  • edited June 2009
    I am going to go to the library and check out the book
    "the pirates in an adventure with scientists"
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I am going to go to the library and check out the book
    "the pirates in an adventure with scientists"

That series is great! There's also "The Pirates in an Adventure with Communists".
  • edited June 2009
    Well, for one thing I've broken my several months-long Internet silence...

I've been jumping from one thing to another just to keep my brain occupied so I don't go insane thinking "monkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkeymonkey!" For example, how else could a person go from Wallace & Gromit to Hannibal Lecter without blinking? My brain is an odd one.
  • edited June 2009
    Playing Monkey Island 1-3 and reading the developer comments, also doing FanArt.
  • edited June 2009
    You may think MI1 is running fine but it isn't. The only reason you hear the music and certain sound effects (beach/waterfront, jungle ambiance and such) is because they're CD audio tracks. Unless you hear sounds when you open/close doors you're not getting any sound in MI1 either. WinXP doesn't support sound in DOS. You should use ScummVM for both of those games. MI3 and MI4 run fine because they're Windows games and not DOS games.

Oh. My God. I finally got it to work and suddenly I'm hearing and seeing stuff I never saw in MI2 before. I always wondered why MI2 was such a dark comparatively silent game to MI1, and now I know...

I was especially mystified when people here talked about how great the music was to MI2!!!!!

Off I go to explore a new world... thank you!!!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    ScummVM is pretty much mandatory if you want to play the old Scumm games on modern pc's.
  • edited June 2009
    I played Wallace and Gromit, and I might play through some more to pass time.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    ladvdcovers.jpg

That is really nice. I enjoy the use of the classic borders, and making them all uniform while also really properly evoking the eras they all come from. I'd buy these nonexistent re-releases.
  • edited June 2009
    oh man memories. i remember buying every single one of them. and they all had the Adventurer Magazine inside them with a glorious sam and max comic mocking whatever the most recent LA game was. it's weird that that was so long ago. i feel like it was just a little while ago, and that i was just waiting a little to replay the games. turns out it's been over 12 years since i've played most of those. somewhere, in my haste, i grew up without even noticing.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    ladvdcovers.jpg

That is really nice. I enjoy the use of the classic borders, and making them all uniform while also really properly evoking the eras they all come from. I'd buy these nonexistent re-releases.

Here in Australia, you can buy for $10 Sam and Max, Full Throttle, The Dig and CMI in boxes that look just like that, but purple. Grim Fandango too. The LucasArts Classics series I think.

That's why I assumed they were real. Except Day of the Tentacle. I couldn't find that for sale anywhere, and eventually gave up and just downloaded it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GV476314L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/i2k9rt.jpg

The ones in the post above do look legitimate.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Ah yeah, those official ones are very similar, but not quite as classy or detailed!
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, those seem more like a bargain bin classic series re-releases akin to the godawful Sierra Originals box art.

I'm making DVD slip covers for Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken. I have two textures that I can't decide on for the background. What do you guys think is the better one? I think the second is more reminiscent of the original box art, but the first one is also nice and unobtrusive.

First Version:
    zakdvd_bg1.jpg

Second Version:
    zakdvd_bg2.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, those seem more like a bargain bin classic series re-releases akin to the godawful Sierra Originals box art.

I'm making DVD slip covers for Maniac Mansion and Zak McKracken. I have two textures that I can't decide on for the background. What do you guys think is the better one? I think the second is more reminiscent of the original box art, but the first one is also nice and unobtrusive.

First Version:
    zakdvd_bg1.jpg

Second Version:
    zakdvd_bg2.jpg

The second is better. I generally like sharper textures and more contrast, and I would say go with number 2.
  • edited June 2009
    ^ I agree. Number two is better.
  • edited June 2009
    Hmmm I agree. Decision made.
  • edited June 2009
    Job hunting , interviews , I need to pay for failing a college class and for tickets . I need a Mac for Indesign and Illustrator as well.
  • edited June 2009
    Hmm... I know what that's like... Best of luck to you, man (or WOman).
  • edited June 2009
    I'm slowly gnawing through my own legs.
  • edited June 2009
    Reading »On Stranger Tides« by Tim Powers. The inspiration for Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2009
    well after completing the MI series I've moved onto Grim Fandango which I've got working better than I got MI4 working which is good.

Oh and waiting to here from my university about any possible placement positions that I can apply for, though it isn't looking good at the moment. Still I live in hope - for a month and a half or so before I have to make a hard decision.
  • edited June 2009
    A few minutes ago, I purchased this on ebay.
    It’s the original Monkey Island for AtariST in german. I grew up with this computer.
    I am so happy right now.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm heping alot to contributing to the Monkey Island wikipedia.
    Also playing the latest games I get.
    Also to create more awareness over the Star Wars Jedi Prince series telling that it's canon, which it is and anyone who says that it isn't is a complete idiot with no proof to back it up :mad:

Also winning Monkey Island stuff on ebay :D
  • edited June 2009
    To make things more interesting I now have a appointment for student conduct . I got into a fight with a professor 2 semesters ago and they almost kicked me out of college , I thought the issue was resolved but they want to speak to me again.
  • edited June 2009
    I can figure out why
  • edited June 2009
    I can figure out why

You don't know the details , the actuall line of events . I don't think it would be fair for you to take guesses at my life .
  • edited June 2009
    I can figure out why

lol
  • edited June 2009
    I am playing through curse of monkey island atm.. I played through the 2nd..going to leave the first until the special edition is released.
  • edited June 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    Reading »On Stranger Tides« by Tim Powers. The inspiration for Monkey Island.

I really liked that book.
  • edited June 2009
    Pirates! in an adventure with scientists was good.. definitely not the greatest writing I have read in a book but fun nonetheless... While I wait for the second book in that series to come in at the library I will check out peter and the starcatchers... a prequel to Peter Pan... im not usually into young adult books but I am in a piratey mood lately (shocking I know) and there are not a ton of books that have Pirates, magic and fantasy mixed together... I would totally love it if they made some MI books....
  • edited June 2009
    I'm reading the comic One Piece! I'm on the third book for the moment. :D
  • edited June 2009
    I am working at a special surprise for everybody! It's a music video...but not in the way you'd expect it. I'm a composer, so, expect some original stuff inspired or based upon a MI song. ;) I'm not revealing more... Should be ready tommorow.
  • edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    And how do you think the code wheels will fit into that package?
    I believe I can best answer that:

12cmcodewheels.jpg

My product is the size of a CD or DVD ...
  • edited June 2009
    I actually went on a SCUMM frenzy earlier this year and beat the first three Monkey Island games, LOOM, Sam & Max, and The Dig (all re-plays with the exception of The Dig). So recently I've been playing through Knights of the Old Republic again. Once I finish that (which should be tonight) I plan on beating EMI which I've only beaten once so could be mildly difficult. Then I plan on playing the free episode of Sam & Max from TTG and then playing the free Wallace and Gromit episode I will get with my pre-order.

Also, I have a question. I'm a young'un so every version of Monkey Island games (and all of the LucasArts adventure games for that matter) that I've played has been the CD version. What is the deal with these code-wheels?
  • edited June 2009
    I can't believe that I've made it to 13 days left on this forum. Anyways, I am looking for my city state college graphic design book design work... I am trying to submit it to an intern ship but I can't find my jump drive.
  • edited June 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I think you may be over analyzing this...

True that, nice response. nice uh chicken, rubber chicken with the pulley in the middle
Sign in to comment in this discussion.