Whats The Point?

This is just a stupid idea in my opinion I mean whats it gonna be about?
Minecraft doesn't have a story. You just walk around and buil things!
So can someone please tell me why simeone would even THINK about making this?

Comments

• People said the same thing about Tales from the Borderlands when that game came out, yet it's currently one of the higher rated Telltale series. Let's wait and see how Telltale interprets Minecraft before we go around saying the game is pointless.

• I guess you're right I should have waited till it came out to say that huh?

People said the same thing about Tales from the Borderlands when that game came out, yet it's currently one of the higher rated Telltale series. Let's wait and see how Telltale interprets Minecraft before we go around saying the game is pointless.

• I don't get the comparison of Borderlands to Minecraft. The original Borderlands games were advertised for their shoot and loot, but it had a lot of story, characters, and lore that were quite visible (unlike Minecraft).

But anyway, its Telltale. I'm sure they can make a story out of Minecraft.

People said the same thing about Tales from the Borderlands when that game came out, yet it's currently one of the higher rated Telltale series. Let's wait and see how Telltale interprets Minecraft before we go around saying the game is pointless.

• Yea. I shall wait then!

• Yea all of their other games are great! So I'm sure
    they'll think of something

I don't get the comparison of Borderlands to Minecraft. The original Borderlands games were advertised for their shoot and loot, but it had

• edited March 2015

What's The Point?

Alt text

• Well that's actually perfect for a TT game, they can do whatever they want with the story, also i don't want to judge the game until at least some screenshots or tailer are released

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The reason Minecraft gets compared to Borderlands is because some people had exactly the same reaction when it was announced and now everyone loves it, just look at some of the comments in this thread.

I'm sure it won't be as bad as people think it will be.

I don't get the comparison of Borderlands to Minecraft. The original Borderlands games were advertised for their shoot and loot, but it had

• OMG you are really blind... borderlands have a awesome story, if some one say "the borderlands does't have a story" they must be blind like you are, a true blind bro...

• I once thought so too about Tales from the Borderlands. I just wanted Walking Dead and Game of Thrones back then. Boy...How I was so wrong...

I won't judge the game until it comes out. Also, I think one of the strengths behind Minecraft: Story Mode, it is that because of the lack of story, Telltale isn't restricted by any established canon. They can pretty much write any story they want and built any city or location they want.

• That not event close point between this post and that post, he was rage because was thinking it will be fps instead of a point and click adventure game, or something like this but the point the borderlands was/has have a actual fking story...

mincraft is 0

sure you can start what so ever story you like, but I will stick to my lego tanks

OzzyUK posted: »

The reason Minecraft gets compared to Borderlands is because some people had exactly the same reaction when it was announced and now everyon

• Because they didn't want to make money with any of their other games that's why they were free...Oh wait

#TeamSarah posted: »

What's The Point?

• To make money obviously

• When are people gonna see that Minecraft not having a story is a good thing? Telltale has said that this game is meant to be an interpretation of Minecraft and it's world. Think about this; throughout the world there are villages and abandoned structures like mineshafts, temples and pyramids. No story behind those?

• Is your profile pic a Nazi symbol!?!?!

When are people gonna see that Minecraft not having a story is a good thing? Telltale has said that this game is meant to be an interpretati

• No. I made a thread a while ago regarding poor grammar on the forums, and I decided to humor the people who called me a Grammar Nazi. I didn't make the pic, it's a meme.

Bigbylol21 posted: »

Is your profile pic a Nazi symbol!?!?!

• Of course you are right :) Because milking a series and not milking a series are completely the exact same things right?

zeke10 posted: »

Because they didn't want to make money with any of their other games that's why they were free...Oh wait

• If you don't like it than don't buy it a company likes to try new things

Of course you are right Because milking a series and not milking a series are completely the exact same things right?

• wow, i really wish i hadn't clicked that link. wtf is wrong with this community sometimes? granted, that was nearly a year ago now, but damn... i felt personally insulted every post i read. i'm a huge borderlands fan, but also a somewhat recent telltale fan (walking dead was my first. now i own season 1 on 360, and all of it on x1, as well as poker night 2 on 360 and TFtB season pass on X1. i love the company, love the games.

but, at least in that thread, this is a toxic community. have some respect people...

OzzyUK posted: »

The reason Minecraft gets compared to Borderlands is because some people had exactly the same reaction when it was announced and now everyon

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Unfortunately some people tend to judge a whole community based on a vocal minority, i was never worried about Borderlands fans joining the forum and i am still not worried about the Minecraft fans as i have seen lots of mature players on Twitch and youtube and even looking around the official Minecraft forums i don't see anything to worry about.

Some people are worried that Telltale can't make a story from a game that mainly involves building but i know they will be able to pull it off and i am really interesting to see what they can do with it :)

wow, i really wish i hadn't clicked that link. wtf is wrong with this community sometimes? granted, that was nearly a year ago now, but damn

• This is a very inappropriate gif.

What's The Point?

• Because of reasons.

• Telltale thinks they can tell a tale from Minecraft. Seems weird right?

• I'm sorry that crab nudity offends you.

prink34320 posted: »

This is a very inappropriate gif.

• edited May 2015

They're simply trying to do business and make money like any other company. If they don't expand then that would mean no money, no food on their tables/or home for the staff , and no more future games we may possibly like. They can't stick to one genre forever. They need to expand, keep relevant and fresh. So that's why they're doing something different.

• Maybe someone had an idea and it was good enough to turn into a game? I know I make believe little adventures when I'm playing Minecraft. My current play through I am a shipwreck survivor making a new home and starting a farm... I even enjoyed naming my horses! They are Phillipe, Tyrion, and Jeremy.

I am legitimately curious to see what they'll pull off and can't wait to see it. I trust Telltale to provide an entertaining game.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited May 2015

Yes a very stupid idea..so stupid that I fear of what they may take on next.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

I really CANNOT FREAKIN' WAIT to share the first pieces of news about this game. I'm so excited. It took maybe 10 seconds for me to fall in love with one of the characters. I drank all the Kool-Aid and then went shopping for more. Just... I think this game is going to be really cool and I'm beyond thrilled to be a part of it. Just wait. Wait for it.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I drank all the Kool-Aid and then went shopping for more.

Reggie? Is that you?

puzzlebox posted: »

I really CANNOT FREAKIN' WAIT to share the first pieces of news about this game. I'm so excited. It took maybe 10 seconds for me to fall in

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

I'll pass ...thanks...

I really CANNOT FREAKIN' WAIT to share the first pieces of news about this game. I'm so excited. It took maybe 10 seconds for me to fall in

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

That's ok, not all of our stuff is for everyone. But do please let the folks who want to be excited do so without pooping on their parade too much. ;)

Cope49 posted: »

I'll pass ...thanks...

• I drank all the Kool-Aid and then went shopping for more.

Somebody should make a gif where a Creeper blowing up some wall is replaced with the Kool-Aid man.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

I'll try.

That's ok, not all of our stuff is for everyone. But do please let the folks who want to be excited do so without pooping on their parade too much.

• Honestly, I'm excited for the game. It's a cool idea and I don't mind them trying a new twist on it. I was never a fan of Minecraft, but maybe if I try Telltale's version I could get into it. Maybe it's a business deal and they're doing it for money, but they always make the best out of the games. No reason to get all hyped up over whether or not it's about Minecraft. It's a rather large fandom from what I can tell and it's something totally different from everything they've done before... So, why not?

• I love seeing people who are super excited about their own games! :D

• edited May 2015

Oh gawd.. This game has to be focused towards little children. As a way of introducing them to telltale.

Hard to take the idea of minecraft as a story seriously.. When compared to the dramatic epics of storytelling like The Walking Dead / Game of Thrones.. I don't see this as being anything more then goofy storytelling aimed at youth.. Nothing wrong with trying to make children laugh.. I'm sure there are parents that would like to get this to play with their kids.. But for personal use.. As a story you want to grip you and pull you in and take you on an emotional roller-coster.. HECK NO! Lol.. The idea that minecraft with it's graphic designs and absent story could do this.. Is pure insanity.. So perhaps they are going to aim for the goofy, like with tales from the borderlands.. Yet.. Granted, that game was 'okay' .. Something to play to kill a bit of time. It was well-done if you look at it objectively. A comedy story. They definitely got the atmosphere right, and the world was believable. So, good job. Just yeah.. It was a comedy, so that isn't something to grip you and pull you in and make you care about the characters.. Just something to play to kill a bit of time.. Hopefully they made money on it.. But yeah.. The Walking Dead / Game of Thrones are the 2 aces in their decks.. The Wolf Among Us was pretty good also.. Not as good as the 2 games mentioned previous, but a solid attempt none the less..MINECRAFT on the other hand.. For either of the avenues of story-telling for an adult audience.. it falls short of even Tales from the borderlands.. It has no story to go from.. and the only story that can be developed.. With the graphics of minecraft.. and all that is minecraft.. I mean.. Look at youtube.. all the stories from that universe made by youtubers.. ARE FOR CHILDREN!! So.. My thinking.. money and CHILDREN are the aims for this.. A way, as aformentioned.. To introduce children to telltale games.. And as I AM NOT A CHILD.. I won't be buying this game.. Nor will most adults for 'self-play' i'd imagine.. Which, in there of, hangs the possibility of being a bust for telltale.. I mean, think about it.. Most of your customers are 15 and up i'd imagine.. Prly more so 20+.. I don't think they will get a kick out of this.. So don't expect HUGE PROFIT .. Lol.. Unless you want to spend huge on advertising to kids.. But even so.. There is always the risk of not making that back.. I just hope this doesn't hurt telltale's future works..

In summary.. NOPE! (I wrote this super-fast.. grammar be damned! Lol)

• I hate to break this to you, but not all games are centered around an emotional, gripping journey. Even though it might be what you personally prefer, you can't even compare this story to Walking Dead because they're on a totally different spectrum. If it's not your cup of tea, that's okay. Maybe it'll be comical and funny like TFTB, which I personally think is a great game but I also understand is not everyone's favorite, but that doesn't immediately aim it at a younger audience. There are plenty of adults who are supporters of TT who will play this game just because it's a TT game. That much is undeniable. Like I've mentioned before, I know more older teenagers and young adults who play Minecraft than children. I'm being completely serious. It's a game for young and old, which is why it's probably so popular. They wouldn't be selling merchandise aimed at young adults if it wasn't capturing the attention of that audience. I don't see the problem with Telltale stepping outside of their comfort zone, as varied as it already is. The Wolf Among Us fell very short for me. Thankfully, GOT and TFTB have not disappointed as of right now. I have very high hopes that this game will be the latter. TT rarely disappoints.

MyTwoCents posted: »

Oh gawd.. This game has to be focused towards little children. As a way of introducing them to telltale. Hard to take the idea of minecra

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited May 2015

Alt text

With MyTwoCents

Oh gawd.. This game has to be focused towards little children. As a way of introducing them to telltale. Hard to take the idea of minecra

• Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.