TMI lighting & mood enhancement suggestions.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Ikzai wrote: »
    Half Life 2 photoshop had me rolling on the floor. Best one. :3
    Haha, thanks! Glad to be a source of amusement and entertainment. XD
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    This is the greatest thread that we've ever had, what are you talking about.

wrong

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8575
  • edited July 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    Lol, just because you missed out on the fun doesn't mean you should try and start it up again XD

As if I would :( was just sayin was all :(
  • edited July 2009
    portal-elaine.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    I really miss sexy Elaine :( now I just have to deal with sexy Guybrush...

guyhinting.gif
  • edited July 2009
    I was going to do a Portal one the other day but decided to do the Lara Croft one instead.
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    NickTTG wrote: »

Dear Nick,

Stop ruining the photoshop thread.

Best,
    Robert
  • edited July 2009
    NickTTG wrote: »

Wow, I stand corrected. Most. Awkward. Thread. Ever. I think this proves that the anonymity brings out the absolute worst in people.
  • edited July 2009
    28symh0.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Junaid wrote: »
    This whole thread reminds me of the PS2 cover of EMI

3658-2.jpg

And although I really love EMI, this cover is ridiculous

Elaines smile is hilarious! :D
  • edited July 2009
    It doesn't look like a smile. It always looked like a teeth-gritting intense/angry expression to me.
  • edited July 2009
    Ah what the hell...

explosionsonmonkeyislan.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Lol love the title.
  • edited July 2009
    23955883.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    fun.jpg

EDIT: Unfortunately the resolution of Guybrush was so low I had to shrink to whole picture. I hope one can still see that the upper portrait is Guybrush, too (from CoMI).
    I call this game: "Caribbean Nights - Hordes of Monkey Island"
  • edited July 2009
    What have I done? *inhales for epic Episode 3 Darth Vader Scream*
    NOOOOOOOOOO!
  • edited July 2009
    Humor overload hahaha :)

But we are still missing the king.

BrushDuke Nukewood :D
  • TimTim
    edited July 2009
    *silently sneaks in*

*adds contribution*

nomi.png

*sneaks out*
  • edited July 2009
    Tim wrote: »
    *silently sneaks in*

*adds contribution*

nomi.png

*sneaks out*

totally awesome
  • edited July 2009
    dukemonkey.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    lol, guess im noob at this inserting pictures, just delete this one
  • TimTim
    edited July 2009
    Oh geez, Duke Nukem, haha! Now if they could've just cancelled Duke Nukem Forever (never) earlier, and perhaps turned it into Guybrush Nukem, that would have saved the series in one blow.. perhaps. ^.^
  • TimTim
    edited July 2009
    Seriously I could not resist to create another one. I shall hereby hide in my corner for a few days, and not attempt to create any more.. honestly.

womi.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    ...don't be embarassed, that's comedy gold.
  • edited July 2009
    Tim wrote: »
    Seriously I could not resist to create another one. I shall hereby hide in my corner for a few days, and not attempt to create any more.. honestly.

womi.jpg

this sent my imagination reeling in like 10 different directions.

WELL DONE.
  • TimTim
    edited July 2009
    Duate wrote:
    this sent my imagination reeling in like 10 different directions.

WELL DONE.

Ohhh.. reeling! Well chosen! Thanks :D

C'mon guys, moar p'shops!
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Run Guybrush! RUN!!!

porcelain.jpg

What's the story on this anyway? Never got it. Probably an Ackley/Ahern insider thing they're going to keep a secret until the day they do something their characters never did - die. Think Ron Gilbert And The Secret Of Monkey Island.™
  • edited July 2009
    Holy sh*t, I'm close to tears - literally :D
  • edited July 2009
    Hehe, my response to Kotaku completly misreading the lucasarts twitter hints:

darkgb2.jpg

EDIT: Made the bodyshape more guybrush-y. will revert if this is an issue
  • TimTim
    edited July 2009
    Hah, the SoMI sprite fits in perfectly. Gosh, *gulp*, my lazorsaber isn't working! :O
  • edited July 2009
    16574271.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Irishmile, you are my new hero.
  • edited July 2009
    16574271.jpg
    HadouKEG!!1!elf :D

np: Masha Qrella - Drunken Scene (Speaklow (Loewe And Weill In Exile))
  • edited July 2009
    SF image

LOL!!!!! OK, now I definitely need to go and sleep. I just hope I won't dream of a LeChuck-headed Blanka. You people are awesome :D
  • edited July 2009
    Root-Beer-Ken!! That Street Fighter pic is epicly awesome :)

I totally want to play Caribbean Fighter 2!!!

ps. i edited my dark guybrush post to look a little more guybrush-y
  • edited July 2009
    monkeyisland1.jpg
    monkeyisland2.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    What were you hoping to achieve by posting those? The game is six days from release, being made by a core team of at most two dozen people who are in this because we love telling adventure game stories. While I wouldn't mind having some of the features you point out as being something you can "just" put into the game (PS: "just" is an extremely dangerous word, especially when trying to tell someone else how to do their job), we're a small studio which builds our tech in slow iterations with a focus on internal usability -- nearly every piece of the core toolset is built so that anyone in the company can use it, which is the only way we're able to actually turn around content with such small teams and on the rapid schedule episodic online content needs. For the record, we do have some post processing going on right now (for depth of field and glow/soft focus) but we don't have full screen gamut/contrast exposed at this time.
    Well I still think he was trying to be (and maybe was) legitimately helpful. Telltale Engines' biggest weekness has always been the lighting, and while Tales of Monkey Island has made some real improvements (the aforementioned soft focus is very nice) there probably are a few things that could be done (not to this episode or even series, maybe) that could pretty things up a bit.

Look at Super Mario Galaxy. A few lighting tricks can really go a long way to make models look fuller and less plasticky, without requiring a radical investment in terms of resources. The examples posted are overdone for effect, but they're not bad ideas necessarily.

Anyway, Tales of Monkey Island is Telltale's best looking (and maybe best overall) release so far, so I'm not griping, but lighting goes a long way.
  • edited July 2009
    21744117.jpg
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Please repost anything you wish to enter into the photo editing contest here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=146715#post146715

You might win stuff!
  • edited July 2009
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    It's not just that. We're part of an industry where we have to work under pretty inflexible time/money constraints. As a profession, this is all about making something look as good as you can as fast and cheap as you can. Per-shot lighting would be nice, but even if everyone in the studio decided that new lighting would be better, that doesn't mean it's feasible. Every little bit of work we do costs real money and doesn't necessarily make money.

This post makes me sad. I can't imagine that all the nuances and graphical details of some of the old classics, including the original MIs, were considered purely for their financial ROI.

I think the gameplay video was quite cool and I'm really excited, and I respect the hell out of the veterans of telltale, but I hope the general attitude isn't as "just do the minimum to get us by" as I'm reading in this.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.