Marvel and Telltale teaming up in 2017

Comments

• I know, right?

Who knows how many different ideas they'll come up with once some other games wrap up...

With Marvel, the Super Show, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead: Season 3, Borderlands, and Minecraft all on their plate, you certainly can't deny Telltale is breaking ground here with some pretty innovative ideas. What a time to be a fan of Telltale.

• Telltale is breaking ground

The ground isn't the only thing they're breaking, my wallet is starting to hurt ;___;

With Marvel, the Super Show, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead: Season 3, Borderlands, and Minecraft all on their plate, you certainly can't deny Telltale is breaking ground here with some pretty innovative ideas. What a time to be a fan of Telltale.

• At least it's only 5 dollars.

Green613 posted: »

Telltale is breaking ground The ground isn't the only thing they're breaking, my wallet is starting to hurt ;___;

• I'm going to boycott Telltale Games until we are given what we the fans ACTUALLY want and deserve:

Alt text

• Just imagine an Avengers game where you switch protagonists like in Game of Thrones. That would be extremely fun to play.

• Hopefully Telltale partners up with Dreamworks in 2016 to make this happen, I'd buy all the onions I could find in celebration of it.

I'm going to boycott Telltale Games until we are given what we the fans ACTUALLY want and deserve:

• For console noobs :^]

U know I'm all about that Steam season pass bruh.

At least it's only 5 dollars.

• I can stand behind this idea.

I'm going to boycott Telltale Games until we are given what we the fans ACTUALLY want and deserve:

• That actually, legitimately could work lmao

• I doubt that considering this going to take place after Civil War.

Just imagine an Avengers game where you switch protagonists like in Game of Thrones. That would be extremely fun to play.

• Oh Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

• Awesome I can't wait for 2017 for Marvel TellTaleGames :D

• Alt text

Green613 posted: »

For console noobs :^] U know I'm all about that Steam season pass bruh.

• My reaction to this news:

Alt text

Seriously, this is great news, this is going to be huge for Telltale, I can't wait to see what they have in store.

• This is exciting news and goes to show how much Telltale has grown in just the last few years.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

Definitely looking forward to this! If they're working with Marvel, I hope this means more potential work in other Disney IP's!

• Alt text

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator
    edited April 2015

Is there confirmation that it takes place in the MCU instead of the comic universe?

Edit: Not that I can see.

I doubt that considering this going to take place after Civil War.

• Coming 2017!? Who the hell knows when that'll be?

Jokes aside, this is awesome.

• I should phrased that better.

I assumed he meant if it was in the MCU, and then I realized that it wouldn't even have to take place in 2017.

HiroVoid posted: »

Is there confirmation that it takes place in the MCU instead of the comic universe? Edit: Not that I can see.

• Well, I'm certainly in the minority here, but I'm so sick of Marvel (and superhero stuff in general), and I'm sick of Disney, their now-parent company, too. They've just come to dominate everything so much to the point of choking other things out. Half these movies come out with a sequel already greenlit, and directors don't sign on to movies, they sign on to series.

Here's how bad it's gotten.

Alt text

I agree with the Cinemasins guy completely (well, I personally don't like superhero movies, but I wouldn't begrudge them to people if there weren't so many dominating market share).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVv_9rqaDHA

• Over saturation will destroy the market. Sad truth.

Sarangholic posted: »

Well, I'm certainly in the minority here, but I'm so sick of Marvel (and superhero stuff in general), and I'm sick of Disney, their now-pare

• I was mildly excited when I saw Venom: Carnage, and then I saw Sony is producing it.

I agree, Hollywood is just vomiting up as much super hero crap as they can knowing that they're going to make a shit ton of money until everyone gets tired of it, at which point they'll just drop the franchises all together and move on to the next unoriginal idea they can buy the license to and exploit.

Well, I'm certainly in the minority here, but I'm so sick of Marvel (and superhero stuff in general), and I'm sick of Disney, their now-pare

• EA has like exclusive rights so I somewhat doubt TellTale will go that extra mile.

• edited April 2015

I think we'll probably get Game of Thrones Season 2 summer 2016 or later that year.

JakeSt123 posted: »

There go my hopes for GOT Season 2

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Wow this seems like a really good deal for Telltale, i am not a huge fan of superhero movies but i do watch them occasionally. I feel that Marvel characters and universes should work really well with a Telltale style game so i am looking forward to seeing which one they decide to do.

• Kind of curious which one they'll pick

• edited April 2015

Over-abused and over-saturated franchises.

Mmm, we'll see.

• Marvel?

Well, there's been a lot of cartoons based on spider and the avengers. Will play the game nonetheless

• Not excited at all considering I don't like Marvel. Would have rather if they partnered with DC. :3

• John Riccitello is already working with Telltale and he's the old CEO of EA and he was a piece of shit, so I'm pretty sure they are sinking very low right now.

Citation.

OK, OK, he doesn't have that important of a job ut I hate the guy's business practices.

• I like Marvel's stuff for the most part, though I don't care for DC's stuff at all right now.

Also it's really funny how oversaturated the market is when that list is missing a shit-ton of stuff, like all the Netflix Marvel series and the Big Hero 6 sequel and it already looks ridiculous..

• edited April 2015

I really hope Batman V Superman bombs and all of DCs stuff gets canned because I've seen the trailer and it does not look good, if they're anything like Man of Steel we're better off without them, as for Marvel, eh... I don't love them unconditionally but it's not really different from how they run comics and I'm already accostumed to that, really I'm just waiting until the ones I really like get their chance on the spotlight.

OK, OK, of those movies I plan on watching 12, which extended over 6 years isn't all that much so that's why I'm probably not tired of it completely, probably because if I don't like it I don't watch it.

• ah so i see telltale are back on track with the good partnerships yay :D

• MY WISH CAME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm so happy about this news!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

If they ever do partner with DC I'd like to see Static Shock (my favorite superhero).

Not excited at all considering I don't like Marvel. Would have rather if they partnered with DC.

• This is going to be so amazing! But 2 years... it's a long wait x)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.