Marvel and Telltale teaming up in 2017

124»

Comments

• Why ELSE Would they do either? Someone want to post the cash gif

Go for it.

I

Really? I'm not hating on Minecraft but you're gonna compare something so story rich like the stuff Marvel has to Minecraft?

• Jesus they go for the franchises that have the most storytelling ability, and Marvel's stories are FILLED with stories. It's not just some stupid cash grab

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Why ELSE Would they do either? Someone want to post the cash gif Go for it. I

• Now that is something I will throw money at!

dojo32161 posted: »

If they ever do partner with DC I'd like to see Static Shock (my favorite superhero).

• Make a Deadpool game. A better one I hope

• Hell yeah!
    Thats good news now we just need to hope that Minecraft Story Mode is cancelled and all is well with Telltale

Got, TWD, TWAU and Borderlands are all great franchises

• Minecraft Story Mode ? You are kidding right?

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah same. Like, Im more interested in it than Minecraft Story Mode, but still, 2017 is a far way away and I dont think having a super hero choice game would be the most "wow" thing in a game

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited April 2015

I doubt the Minecraft game will be cancelled since it's premiering this year (personally I'm interested in it). Besides, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, I remember the days when you wanted Borderlands to be cancelled.

Journey95 posted: »

Hell yeah! Thats good news now we just need to hope that Minecraft Story Mode is cancelled and all is well with Telltale Got, TWD, TWAU and Borderlands are all great franchises

• Im more interested in it than Minecraft Story Mode

Journey95 posted: »

Minecraft Story Mode ? You are kidding right?

• I am interested to see where they take with this. I wonder we'll be playing an original character, or take turns playing marvel characters?

Anyway, even though this news is interesting, hearing this news is making me think TWAU Season 2 is getting further and further out of reach.....sigh...

• not a big marvel fan but this looks good, wonder who you'll play as.

• Alt text

Alexandria posted: »

not a big marvel fan but this looks good, wonder who you'll play as.

• http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/06/peter-phillips-promises-marvel-wont-brand-slap-for-the-most-part/

I read this article, and thought the small blurb about Telltale was interesting.

Another part of being a brand steward is crafting profitable, and equitable, alliances. Marvel’s recently announced partnership with Telltale Games received an enthusiastic response. Phillips describes the marriage of companies as a mutual respect for the story of the Marvel Universe.

“They are storytellers,” said Phillips. “The thought of the gaming mechanic Telltale offers really excited us. We have a lot of interesting products with them coming out in the next two years. I’m really excited for episodic gaming in regards to our games.”

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

I wonder if some of those games are going to be smaller pilot program style games rather than seasons. The prospect of Marvel characters appearing in a crossover game set at The Inventory is certainly appealing. :)

http://venturebeat.com/2015/05/06/peter-phillips-promises-marvel-wont-brand-slap-for-the-most-part/ I read this article, and thought the

• edited May 2015

MARVEL AND TELLTALE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :0 :D

• Yeah, I've said this before in the Poker Night forums but I think Deadpool would be an interesting character to have in an Inventory crossover game.

Jennifer posted: »

I wonder if some of those games are going to be smaller pilot program style games rather than seasons. The prospect of Marvel characters appearing in a crossover game set at The Inventory is certainly appealing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.