Game of thrones Season 5 episode 4 discussion

13»

Comments

• I agree with both your points Wildling King. Give the sand snakes a chance to develop. That scene was five minutes.

Ellaria's character bugs me because in the books, she's the very one advocating NOT to go to war. I don't understand why is everyone

• edited May 2015

He doesn't have a weakness for girls lol.

In the book Ramsey is set to Marry a fake Arya Stark (not Sansa) and when he takes her maiden hood it sounds pretty horrible when he forces reek to cut her dress off then go down on her. After that in the later chapters we only get brief descriptions of what sounds horrible.

The plot change in the show with him marrying Sansa should freak people out.

Timurine posted: »

Why? we know he is a pyscho but from what i've seen from the show and the game, he has a weakness for girls. Besides she will become warden of the North no matter which side wins

• Besides Littlefinger's conversation with Sansa in the crypt, there was also Barristan Selmy telling the story about what a great and good-natured guy Rhaegar was.

I wouldn't say it's confirmed just yet, but it is being heavily suggested.

That scene with Sansa though... Was that a confirmation for R+L=J?

• I think Jon Snow is going to be the one to end up on the Iron Throne

Dany will probably die fighting the White Walkers. Or at least that's my prediction. By that point Jon will be one of her dragon riders.

Echopapa posted: »

But Jon Snow would have a bigger claim than Gendry, who is the Usurper's bastard, Jon would be the legitimate son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, he would have a bigger claim than Dany for Christ sake.

• The actor confirmed that episode 4 was his last.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Coma perhaps? Please don't die Ser Barristan

• edited May 2015

The Starks have the birthright to the title King of the North, but not to all of Westeros.
    If by blood Jon is kin to both Stark and Targaryen, then he is the only exception to claim both.

Depending on what one considers canon (or legitimate in the world) the strongest claimants would be

one with Targaryen blood

one with Baratheon blood (a cadet branch of Targaryen)

one with Blackfyre blood (also a branch of Targaryen)

after all these the acknowledged kids of Robert (Cersei's children)

What is interesting is to follow the possible claims to some of the kingdoms if not all of them, like who all has a claim to the North, or Riverlands, Stormlands, or the Reach.

Often overlooked but for me very interesting claimant to the Reach is House Manderly from White Harbor, although something big would have to happen for them to get that position and is quite unlikely.

Clemenem posted: »

This is a list of people who are most entitled to it

• Am I the only one a bit worried that Ser Meryn has the order to kill Mace Tyrell from Cersei? The way Meryn and Cersei looked at eachother seemed a bit suspicious..?

• Oh yeah, for sure. If that whole theory is true, Jon has the strongest claim and is the rightful heir to Iron Throne

Even if Jon is not a bastard(I guess Jon is more like a secret Blackfyre than Targ really) there's still Aegon who got the strongest claim and the (probably) strongest support

Oh yeah, for sure. If that whole theory is true, Jon has the strongest claim and is the rightful heir to Iron Throne

• The show seems to be making him out to be much more under Melisandre's spell than the books.

Echopapa posted: »

At first I was convinced Stannis was using Melisandre as a means to an end, but now? I have no idea.

• edited May 2015

Wouldn't surprise me. She'd be smart to weed out the Tyrells. With Margaery's fingers being wrapped around Tommen, Mace sitting pretty in the council, and Olenna planning God knows what behind the scenes after the arrest of Loras, it seems tensions are(quietly) running extremely high between the two families and Cersei better have one hell of a plan in place to secure the Lannisters in Kings Landing. After all, Olenna already killed ***** SPOILER ALERT ***** one certain extremely important Lannister(Baratheon)... what's to stop them from getting rid of the rest of the Lannister threats before it's too late? Cersei needs to act fast. God, do I hope she fails though.

lindblom posted: »

Am I the only one a bit worried that Ser Meryn has the order to kill Mace Tyrell from Cersei? The way Meryn and Cersei looked at eachother seemed a bit suspicious..?

• But Aegon could possibly be a fake, remember that.

Upshaw posted: »

Oh yeah, for sure. If that whole theory is true, Jon has the strongest claim and is the rightful heir to Iron Throne Even if Jon is

• Every time I watch Tommen, this is what I think.

Alt text

• IMO Barristan & Grey Worm scene was crap.

• Barristan is dead?

Alt text

I'm so done.

• Same. I can understand that HBO is doing it for a sake of the show, to make it more interesting and suprise people who have read the books, however it became annoying of how they kill random characters, especially those who are alive in the books and important for future plot.

Pipas posted: »

Barristan is dead? I'm so done.

• I doubt there will be Battle of Meereen in the show, so perhaps Barristan isn't that important for the future plot (and if he still has some important thing to do considering the endgame, they'll probably give that for Jorah to do in the show.) I'm pretty sure Barristan dies in the Winds and never gets to see Westeros again, but that's just my guess.

fallandir posted: »

Same. I can understand that HBO is doing it for a sake of the show, to make it more interesting and suprise people who have read the books,

• Barristan's point of view was only good thing I enjoyed in Daenerys' storyline. Without him I have nothing to endure The Tales From The Daenerys Lands.

It's not only about Barristan, the show murdered both Grenn and Pyp replacing them with less interesting Olly, same thing with Jojen (skeleton magic dudes, are you serious?) and Lady Stoneheart. I feel like they are stubbornly trying to outsmart the viewers by using cheaper solutions instead of putting something more reasonable - for example, how Jaime's rescue mission introduced Dorne; it was nicely done and the show needs more of those smooth moves.

I doubt there will be Battle of Meereen in the show, so perhaps Barristan isn't that important for the future plot (and if he still has some

• I agree that Barristan is a very interesting pov in the books, maybe they could have made it work in the show, maybe not. I'm sad that Barristan is out in the show, but I haven't took it as hardly as many have :D

I think Olly is more like a counterpart for Satin than replacement for Grenn and Pyp. But when you consider how much characters there are in Castle Black atm it's understandable they took those two out - useless to keep them if you can't offer any screentime for them.

About LS I wont say anything, because a.) We don't yet know how important will the LS actually be in the books and b.) there is a tiny little change she would actually still be introduced in the show.

Barristan's point of view was only good thing I enjoyed in Daenerys' storyline. Without him I have nothing to endure The Tales From The Daen

• Even if he isn't important for the future plot -> I think it's weak writing to kill off every character who has served his purpose and maybe even signalise it with a "heartwarming" scene beforehand. In such moments I feel very strong that this is just a TV show with TV mechanics which has to provide an obligatory shock value now and then and not a world to dive into.

I doubt there will be Battle of Meereen in the show, so perhaps Barristan isn't that important for the future plot (and if he still has some

• I answered to a post talking about his importance to future plot by saying he might not actually be that important. I did not say that killing him off the way they did was spot on writing.

rousseau posted: »

Even if he isn't important for the future plot -> I think it's weak writing to kill off every character who has served his purpose and m

• I didn't like the result but the combat was worse. Greyworm and friends fought like drunken dairy farmers. Half-naked militia with daggers versus fighting machines equipped with armour and shield who were chosen for their strength & used to train all day since they were six or something. I mean I know it was supposed to be an ambush, but it was a bad executed one. They just approached them slowly and unorganised, the Unsullied had time to form. Also why didn't they carry any shortswords or handier melee weapons with them if they're patroulling in a city wih narrow alleyways?

IMO Barristan & Grey Worm scene was crap.

• Oh, okay. I didn't mean to contradict what you said. Just throwing my opinion out there. :)

I answered to a post talking about his importance to future plot by saying he might not actually be that important. I did not say that killing him off the way they did was spot on writing.

• Let's not forget one important thing about LS, she didn't do much. The introduction scene was really great, but LS barely even shows up in the rest of the series currently, its really just one scene, personally I was pretty disappointed is LS. Hell, LS was the main reason I started to read the books, because my friend kept hyping up that character in season 4. So I don't feel that much for them likely cutting LS out of the series, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be pretty happy if they did add her in at a point, but if they do, use her wisely, don't just use her once, then forget!

I agree that Barristan is a very interesting pov in the books, maybe they could have made it work in the show, maybe not. I'm sad that Barri

• Okay, just wanted to make sure that people didn't misunderstand my point. No problem :)

Oh, okay. I didn't mean to contradict what you said. Just throwing my opinion out there.

• edited May 2015

She barely affected the series because she was meant to suprise fans and left them clueless after the cliffhanger. She was just introduced yet she's connected to both Jaime and Brienne - two important characters, also develops the storyline of the Brotherhood and the God of Light. IMO LS is one of the most interesting characters in the whole ASOiaF universe and it's a damn shame they cut her off.

Let's not forget one important thing about LS, she didn't do much. The introduction scene was really great, but LS barely even shows up in

• I take that back, the doll was infected with Greyscale, which spread to Shireen upon contact.

Thanks. So was it an assassination attempt or simply a mistake?

• That bothered me too - the Unsullied are supposed to be elite fighters, and yet half the time they were barely able to swing their sword before dying. Makes you wonder why they're supposed to be so prized. >.<

I didn't like the result but the combat was worse. Greyworm and friends fought like drunken dairy farmers. Half-naked militia with daggers v

Sign in to comment in this discussion.