Game of thrones Season 5 episode 4 discussion

Comments

• That wouldn't make sense in this case since he wanted the mountain to know why he was killing him and also to hear him confess. It just backfired on him.

It was extremely purposeful. It was extremely purposeful. Yep and now because of its hes dead. Monologue once your enemies dead

• You really don't know Ramsay at all. He has no weakness for girls. He's an equal opportunity sadist, with women he just adds a sexual element to his torture.

Timurine posted: »

Why? we know he is a pyscho but from what i've seen from the show and the game, he has a weakness for girls. Besides she will become warden of the North no matter which side wins

• She already did that when she married Tyrion.

It was really good. I feel for Sansa, I hope she doesn't have to marry Ramsay and be a part of the very same family who killed her brother a

• This is a list of people who are most entitled to it

Ned was never king, ever? Also claim is kind of irrelevant, anyone can be king by conquest

• The Greyscale spreads to anything it touches, the doll touched her cheek and spread to it.

btw did the merchant know that the puppet was infected? (not entirely sure how this sickness works)

• But Jon Snow would have a bigger claim than Gendry, who is the Usurper's bastard, Jon would be the legitimate son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, he would have a bigger claim than Dany for Christ sake.

Clemenem posted: »

Pssh 4 People Who Have A No Bull Shit Claim To The Throne: * Daenerys (Should Be Queen after her father's death) * Gendry Baratheon

• At first I was convinced Stannis was using Melisandre as a means to an end, but now? I have no idea.

With Melisandre's influence over him? I'd rather have Joffery on the throne. In all seriousness, even though Stannis is the rightful king

• Fuck Stannis

Alt text

If you aren't counting The Targaryen Dynasty. Stannis Baratheon IS the rightful ruler of The Seven Kingdoms. Cersei's children aren't Robert's children, it doesn't matter if he though they were or not. And, Gendry is a bastard- therefore having no claim, unless he is somehow legitimized.

Love him, or hate 'em. You cannot deny that.

Pssh 4 People Who Have A No Bull Shit Claim To The Throne: * Daenerys (Should Be Queen after her father's death) * Gendry Baratheon

• Thanks. So was it an assassination attempt or simply a mistake?

Echopapa posted: »

The Greyscale spreads to anything it touches, the doll touched her cheek and spread to it.

• Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!

Fuck Mhysa, Go Papa!

Fordee09 posted: »

Fuck Stannis If you aren't counting The Targaryen Dynasty. Stannis Baratheon IS the rightful ruler of The Seven Kingdoms. Cersei

• "You were the Princess Shireen of House Baratheon. And you are my daughter..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap4nvdEotqw

• Also must consider the fact that in Oberyn's eyes, the Mountain already was dead. His spear was dipped with a slow acting poison that was sure to kill the Mountain, even after he crushed Oberyn's skull. Nobody could've predicted the fact that Cersei would randomly stumble across Dr. Frankenstein and miraculously save the Mountain's life.

It was extremely purposeful. It was extremely purposeful. Yep and now because of its hes dead. Monologue once your enemies dead

• edited May 2015

Sand Snakes...just...ugh. They could have handled that intro way better. Even something as simple as talking about how much they loved their dad over dinner would have been great. Instead, one monologues randomly, saying things the other two already know while they all frown and scrunch up their noses. Just...no. They're all mini-Oberyns. Ellaria's character bugs me because in the books, she's the very one advocating NOT to go to war.

The Mannis disapproves at the way Dorne is being handled.

Alt text

Shireen is so cute and just adorable. Glad the Mannis got that time with her.

Barristan's death scene. Blah. Didn't like it, but at least he went down swinging.

• edited May 2015

Ellaria's character bugs me because in the books, she's the very one advocating NOT to go to war.

I don't understand why is everyone having such a problem with that? I mean she even hardly is a character in the books. Would it help if they had changed her name? She is a different character in the show, get over it.

And the intro of Sand Snakes wasn't the best one as an introduction, but I feel like people are just jumping into bandwagon with bashing them (and their actresses) as characters because you can't judge them after that one small scene.

torkahn808 posted: »

Sand Snakes...just...ugh. They could have handled that intro way better. Even something as simple as talking about how much they loved their

1. If R+L=J is true, or even for that matter if Aegon Targaryen is still alive, Dany doesn't have the strongest claim
    2. Gendry is a bastard, he has to be legitimized for it to mean anything. Same thing even applies to Jon
    3. No, they shouldn't. Robert acknowledging them as his children means shit because he didn't know they weren't his. If he knew, he would have had them all executed.
    4. Ned Stark and his children only have a claim to the rule the North, not the Iron Throne (unless you wanna count King by Conquest).

• edited May 2015

you can't judge them after that one small scene.

Sure, but I can judge them based on what I've seen so far. That's all they've given us so that's all I can use to judge them.

Ellaria gave one of the best speeches about how futile seeking revenge is in the books:

"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?"

Then Ellaria in the show wants to cut Myrcella to little pieces and send her to Cersei. Reallly? Showrunners should have kept Arianne Martell in and cut out one of the Sand Snakes.

Ellaria's character bugs me because in the books, she's the very one advocating NOT to go to war. I don't understand why is everyone

• I'll tell you why it bothers me. Ellaria is a sort of character who's the voice of reason in the story, similar to septon Meribald who's one of the best minor characters in the story. As I see it they are both the the author's real opinion on the situation in Westeros, how violence leads to more violence. In all Dorne scenes we just learn that Bronn's racist opinions of Dornishmen are true, all they want to do is fuck and fight. That scene was absolutely terrible, also why did she kill that dude anyway? he gave her useful info

And that's why I'm also bothered by Jaime not going to Riverlands - same deal. We see through his and Brienne's eyes the fallout of the war, the destruction and the dead, we learn WHY the sparrows are all marching to King's Landing and we can hear many haunting tales from men going to the capital to serve the HS. And now I'm going off topic but I'm so disappointed by the way they handle the Sparrows, it's such a modern look on religious fanatics it's terrible. They're like a weird cult who carve their symbol on their forehead and go and kill whores and gays, yeah homosexually is the religioun worst enemy...what a surpise

Ellaria's character bugs me because in the books, she's the very one advocating NOT to go to war. I don't understand why is everyone

• edited May 2015

The significance is that she's Oberyn's paramour and she saw him die right in front of her yet she recognizes how futile it all is. That's what makes it so heavy that she's the one that wants to end the war, yet she has as much of a reason as anyone to want to seek revenge. It's so much more compelling than what we've seen in the show. And giving it to anyone else would just seem weird, although I suppose Doran could just as well say it.

I know the damn speech. Yeah, nice to have that perspective and all, but it's not that important.

• edited May 2015

It's not because show Ellaria is different, show Ellaria is just a rubbish character! She witnessed Oberyns stupidity firsthand and everyone responsible for the sack of Kings Landing is dead. There was something tragic about her coming to terms with that in the books. I agree people need to give the sand snakes a chance, that scene was staged really awkwardly and it didn't make sense that they'd kill a guy for giving some solid information! Certainly wasnt the actresses faults, i look forward to more from them

• I don't understand Littlefinger's plan with Sansa. I mean ... he practically told her to hold out in Winterfell until Stannis' army storms the castle and possibly makes her Warden of the North. Why exactly does she have to marry Ramsay then? Why can't she just stare down at Winterfell from a hill, watch the Boltons burn and then team up with Stannis? Or even better - go to the Wall or the Eyrie and just await how things turn out. She is not only exposed to Ramsay's sick ideas of fun, she could also fall victim to Stannis' justice and be punished for being a complice of the Boltons.

-> this plan is not to Sansa's advantage. So LF must expect some kind of benefit from not awaiting the confrontation between Stannis and Roose. But I can't see which.

• edited May 2015

I know the damn speech. Yeah, nice to have that perspective and all, but it's not that important.

you can't judge them after that one small scene. Sure, but I can judge them based on what I've seen so far. That's all they've given

• They couldn't call it Sunspear in the credits, since they only showed the Water Gardens and few random locations.

• edited May 2015

As you said it's GRRM bringing his voice in so you could put that kind of speech to any minor character anywhere and it would have the same effect to readers (or watchers) so why is it so important to Ellaria have it? And we already have at least one character from Dorne who certainly isn't fight-fuck-machine (Doran) and I doubt that's what all the Sand Snakes are either.

Jaime in the Riverlands in books is... Well those chapters are okay, but not the strongest in the books and certainly not strong material for TV. And it would be one separate storyline more and people already whine how we get 30 secs per character in episode and "Why isn't Arya in this episode". AND it also takes Jaime to interact with bunch of minor characters - in other words "Who's that guy?".

Upshaw posted: »

I'll tell you why it bothers me. Ellaria is a sort of character who's the voice of reason in the story, similar to septon Meribald who's one

• I have to agree, another warmonger additional to all those we already have isn't particularly interesting I think. Seeking justice and revenge, Ellaria? Just join the end of the terribly long queue and shut up.

The significance is that she's Oberyn's paramour and she saw him die right in front of her yet she recognizes how futile it all is. That's w

• Well, if R+L were married (Aegon I had two wives, Maegor I six) Jon is true heir to the trone.

* If R+L=J is true, or even for that matter if Aegon Targaryen is still alive, Dany doesn't have the strongest claim * Gendry is a bastard,

• edited May 2015

Oh yeah, for sure. If that whole theory is true, Jon has the strongest claim and is the rightful heir to Iron Throne

jarmoksk posted: »

Well, if R+L were married (Aegon I had two wives, Maegor I six) Jon is true heir to the trone.

• edited May 2015

Because (just assuming here) Littlefinger knows that stannis needs as much support as he can get and what will stir the north to help stannis? A stark girl in peril, its what gets them going in the books albeit for fArya

rousseau posted: »

I don't understand Littlefinger's plan with Sansa. I mean ... he practically told her to hold out in Winterfell until Stannis' army storms t

• Hell, I don't like Stannis but I thought that was the best part of the episode.

• edited May 2015

Simply a mistake, Stannis gave her the doll and unknowingly spread the disease.

Shireen was born with Greyscale, which spread to the doll when it touched her.

Thanks. So was it an assassination attempt or simply a mistake?

• I enjoyed it that much, the last scene was soooo awesome!

• edited May 2015

Coma perhaps? Please don't die Ser Barristan :(

Maybe he's just napping? right? he's just napping?

• Even if the theory is true wouldn't Jon still be a bastard? Meaning he has no claim.

* If R+L=J is true, or even for that matter if Aegon Targaryen is still alive, Dany doesn't have the strongest claim * Gendry is a bastard,

• Not necessarily, part of the theory is that Rhaegar and Lyanna actually loved each other and got married after he "kidnapped" her, which means Jon is a legitimate Targ

AgentZ46 posted: »

Even if the theory is true wouldn't Jon still be a bastard? Meaning he has no claim.

• From the teaser, it seems that she consumates her vows to Ramsay. :'(

It was really good. I feel for Sansa, I hope she doesn't have to marry Ramsay and be a part of the very same family who killed her brother a

• It's Myranda in that teaser that Ramsay is having fun with.

BeastInside posted: »

From the teaser, it seems that she consumates her vows to Ramsay.

• Ned doesn't have a claim to the Throne, nor was he ever said to be/appointed to be king. Although I think it'd be awesome if he was, but he wasn't. Robert Baratheon named him Protector of the Realm/regent, meaning he has the right to choose who the next king will be, which he wanted to be his son because he was, as far as Robert knew, the rightful "heir." Because Ned knew Joffrey wasn't actually Roberts son, however, and knew that if Robert knew this he wouldn't dream of letting them take the throne in his place, Ned decided to do the lawful thing and appoint Roberts next of kin, which was his younger brother Stannis.

So to say "fuck Stannis and his bull shit" is basically like saying fuck King Rob, fuck Ned Stark, etc. Ned Stark was planning to use his title as Protector of the Realm to appoint Stannis, and for good reason. It was the LAWFUL thing to do.

• edited May 2015

Shit sorry for the double post.

• Oh snap! You're right! I really wish that **!@#$%^&;%$#@ dies.

It's Myranda in that teaser that Ramsay is having fun with.

• How doe's that work if Rhaegar was already married to Eliia Martell?

Not necessarily, part of the theory is that Rhaegar and Lyanna actually loved each other and got married after he "kidnapped" her, which means Jon is a legitimate Targ

• Targaryens can have multiple wives as @jarmoksk pointed out.

AgentZ46 posted: »

How doe's that work if Rhaegar was already married to Eliia Martell?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.