Why was Mira so underused in this episode?

Don't get me wrong, this episode was amazing, and Mira's wedding scene was really well done.

But does anyone else think it's a bit unfair that the other characters got 4 scenes each while she only got, if I remember correctly, two?

Comments

• Not really. They accomplished what they wanted with her that episode and it ended in a good spot for her.

• edited May 2015

I know, but that doesn't change the fact that the other characters got the exact same number of scenes and she got half as many. I just think it's a bit weird when in previous episodes it's been more even.

Not really. They accomplished what they wanted with her that episode and it ended in a good spot for her.

• Agreed, it wasn't fair when Mira's walkthrough was only 2. I bet Rodrik got the most in this episode.

• To be fair, other than Gared she's had the most focus than any other character (Both Rodrik and Asher were only introduced in Episode 2). While I was surprised we weren't involved with more conspiracy between Tom and Sera, I think they used their little time with her wisely to set up a more important plotline next episode concerning Cersei and Tyrion.

• edited May 2015

And Asher finally got the screentime he deserved. Looks like there'll be always someone in every episode who'll be underused.

But it didn't bother me that much, because her scenes were one of my favourite parts of the episode. Her smug face was priceless.

Alt text

• Maybe she wasn't used as heavily compared to other episodes, but her storyline was by far the best in the episode, her sequence at the coronation was easily the highlight of this episode. Mira finally understands how Kings Landing works, and I love it, she's definitely the hardest, but also most enjoyable character to play as.

• I don't think it was unfair. I only was annoyed that Mira's letter did not come in time to tell Rodrick about Whitehills plan to secure an greater Army but else I really liked Miss Sassy Pants Mira. I was freaking out though because Maegary and tbh I just wanted to leave the party because I am a coward but else I really enjoyed it.

• Funny thing, I disliked her and the King's landing parts in the beginning, and now I'm enjoying these scenes the most. I wanted to see more :D I liked snooping around. I also felt like I didn't see enough of Gared :D

• She didn't have much screentime but damn if she wasn't the best character to play this episode.

• I personally think she got the perfect amount of screentime in this episode to accomplish what needed to be done. :)

• It's a perfect setup for the following episodes.

• Someone has less scenes or is underused every episode, its inevitable

• But her scene hat so much interaction - wow. what one could at this feast.

• Asher needed the extra time but Mira was still the most interesting to play.

• Asher had more playtime but it was all about Beskha in my opinion.

Pipas posted: »

And Asher finally got the screentime he deserved. Looks like there'll be always someone in every episode who'll be underused. But it didn

• She totally was, which is why I was hoping for more chance to play as her!

Also I think her voice acting has vastly improved

ABigBadWolf posted: »

She didn't have much screentime but damn if she wasn't the best character to play this episode.

• I think this was a great setup episode for her. Ep 3 she got knocked down and the count clock was creeping up on her. New episode, new round, and she came out swinging. She is truly in an excellent position to A) F up a lot of the Whitehills, even with no army at her back or B) die one of the most ruthless deaths once Tyrion's trial starts. Either way, she's going out like a gangster, so they need to hold it back for the storyline's apex.

I went back and replayed the feast scene like 6 times just so I could see what all the options do. So Epic.

• I loved her smug smile towards Andros so much. Mira's a badass!

• Lack of Tom is what you should be angry about.

• I loved it. I think she was used the right amount,
    Every scene she was in was packed with information she could use, it sets it up perfectly for the climax in the next episodes. They were short, concise, and the best (imo) of the episode.

• So now we need to have [Asher Grin] and [Smug Face] as options in the remaining episodes.

And Asher finally got the screentime he deserved. Looks like there'll be always someone in every episode who'll be underused. But it didn

• Dude, Asher had like 20 minutes in Episode 2 and 3 together, it's time the spotlight has moved along.

• To be fair, she got a lot of screentime back in the other 3 episodes. Plus, Asher finally got more screentime, finally we can spend more than 10 minutes with him.

• No but I think they're just setting it up for shit to hit the fan and be epic next episode or in future episodes.

• Hmm, I actually felt Gared was underused if anyone was. Mira felt just right to me, and she'd been learning what life is like in King's Landing so much in previous scenes, the payoff in the feast was just wonderful.

• I don't think it's unfair in the slightest. If anything, it's fair. Asher was barely in the other two episodes and he desperately needed screen time. And even if Mira only have two scenes, one of them was a very long hub scene.

• Not really, I personaly find Mira's story to be really boring, but its probably because Im not a fan of the show so I dont really completely understand everything going on, but this episode I really liked playing as her

• just wasn't really a big episode for mira, i think episode 5 will have more focus on her.

• edited May 2015

Each episode spotlights a certain character:

Ep1: Ethan

Ep2: Rodrik

Ep3: Gared

Ep4: Asher

Due to this, someone has to suffer a loss of screentime. Asher suffered twice in a row during 102 and 103, Mira suffered in 104.

Ep5 will be Mira's, based on the preview.

• Quality > Quantity

• It may have been a small two scenes, but DAMN if they weren't good ones. I felt like a BAWS eavesdropping and planning my words...

• Because she is the most boring and weakest character (probably will get hate for that but just my opinion)

• Alt text

Deal with it, Andros..

• What her scenes lacked in quantity they more than made up in quality. Back in ep 1, Mira was an amateur in King's Landing politics. The coronation showed she's quickly becoming an expert, disrupting Andros plans that must have been weeks in the planning all in under 30 minutes. They grow up so fast. ^_^

Her smug little grin and Andros being literally red with fury was awesome.

• plus episode 5 is titled "a nest of vipers" i think, as tyrion once said, kings landing can be a nest of vipers.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Each episode spotlights a certain character: Ep1: Ethan Ep2: Rodrik Ep3: Gared Ep4: Asher Due to this, someone has to suffer

• I think it's fair, because Asher got the screen time he finally deserves. But Ep5 seems that it will be primarily focused on Mira, so that's good :D

• edited May 2015

Nah (as in I disagree). She's personally one of my favorite Telltale protagonists.

Because she is the most boring and weakest character (probably will get hate for that but just my opinion)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2015

I do agree with you, I personally think she's the weakest protagonist in this series, and possibly, to me, the most uninteresting protagonist in all of the Telltale games I've played so far. Although she definitely did improve a little in episode 4.

Because she is the most boring and weakest character (probably will get hate for that but just my opinion)

• Yep same. I still don't really like her, but she did gain some points with me in ep4

dojo32161 posted: »

I do agree with you, I personally think she's the weakest protagonist in this series, and possibly, to me, the most uninteresting protagonist in all of the Telltale games I've played so far. Although she definitely did improve a little in episode 4.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.