I believe our traitor list just got smaller...

Well,I was pretty sure that traitor could be practically anyone... but now,I'm sure we got a lot smaller list,because when you're at the whitehill's castle and choose to attack,everyone who's with you will attack... now-do you think that traitor would attack the whitehill himself?Because I don't.And that's what I want to say-we finally can be sure that they aren't traitors,even when they were suspicious,that's... good,right? or maybe not...

Comments

• I think you're right. And it's maester, i think.

• Lady Forrester doesn't attack. While I don't think she's the traitor, it is possible she's been sending information to the Whitehills in order to keep Ryon safe.

• Yes,you could be right,but I don't think she's the traitor... she just wants ryon safe... and her reactions doesn't seem like she's helping them.I honestly think it could be talia or maester for some specific reason we don't know about yet...

• Why would she hide that from Rodrik?

Lady Forrester doesn't attack. While I don't think she's the traitor, it is possible she's been sending information to the Whitehills in order to keep Ryon safe.

• Whoever the traitor is, they're very likely doing either because they're forced to or because they think it's the best way to help Ironrath. It's unlikely anyone is actually a Whitehill loyalist through and through. Maybe Duncan or Royland are the traitors, but when fighting broke out they went "Screw it, I'll not die a coward and a traitor.". If they were only leaking info to keep the peace and avoid loss of life, they probably figured any hope of that went out the window by that point, and gave up their deal with Ludd to die fighting.

As a matter of fact, whoever the traitor is, they're probably butting heads with the Whitehills at some point. Royland/Duncan and Lady Forester all defy them at Highpoint, and Ortengryn gets brutalized by Gryff (perhaps he told him he doesn't want to spy for them any more?)

• Its a HE so it can be either Duncan or Royland, Maester.

• To be honest, I wouldn't use the Attack choice as a reason for there not being a traitor. No matter who you bring and no matter what you do, if you choose Attack, you are killed, making it a non-canon choice, right? And if the choice can be considered non-canon, we can't rule out both Duncan and Royland from being the possible traitor, that's just what I think.

• edited June 2015

I don't think Telltale would think that since a scene is a dead-end, it doesn't even need to make sense. If I were a writer I would see it as a glance of "what if" and I'd still care for the coherence of the universe and characters.

The story can't develop any further from this choice, so of course the game is rewinded, but we still have been shown what would have happened.

To be honest, I wouldn't use the Attack choice as a reason for there not being a traitor. No matter who you bring and no matter what you do,

• Who said that the trailer had anything to do with the traitor? Perhaps you have to make a deal with Ramsay early in the next episode which Ramsay breaks. I don't think we should write anybody off just because of a clip from the trailer we don't have any context for.

Killah posted: »

Its a HE so it can be either Duncan or Royland, Maester.

• edited June 2015

Well, the attack choice ends with everyone dead and a "Game Over" ending. I think it's just a false choice, so anything that happens after you chose to attack doesn't mean anything to the real plot. Telltale's been doing something like this with TftBD since episode 1.

• That makes sense. They gave you an option to reveal or hide info of traitor.

Flog61 posted: »

Why would she hide that from Rodrik?

• They gave you an option to reveal or hide info of traitor.

Yeah, I find the Lady Forrester theory hard to believe, but that option sure intrigued me.

That makes sense. They gave you an option to reveal or hide info of traitor.

• edited June 2015

Unused files say the Maester hasn't been with them for long, in contrast to Royland and Duncan who have been serving the Forresters all their life.

Whether unused files should be considered or not, I dunno, but it's interesting at the very least.

I think they removed all possibility of Rodrik being suspicious of the Maester from the game because they don't want the characters to know the betrayal's coming...

• Royland here again to spoil your day. Again, unused = non cannon. There is enough suspicious lines like the first episode and Whitehills knowing about the North Grove.

FishySticks posted: »

Unused files say the Maester hasn't been with them for long, in contrast to Royland and Duncan who have been serving the Forresters all thei

• edited June 2015

See, this is why I chose Duncan!

Royland here again to spoil your day. Again, unused = non cannon. There is enough suspicious lines like the first episode and Whitehills knowing about the North Grove.

• She hid the fact that she was sending for Asher from Ethan because she thought he might object.

Flog61 posted: »

Why would she hide that from Rodrik?

• It can't be Duncan or Royland. Either Measter or his mother.

• Is Malcolm in the small council? If he is, then it's him... or "Ebbert Ortengryn Whitehill."
    Ebbert W. is at the citadel, and the maester is a bit odd to me. Wouldn't surprise me if Ortengryn would be the traitor, but that's what they want us. To be surprised, so everything can happen.

• edited June 2015

I think the Maester getting beat up scene was put there so you'd think he wasn't the traitor.

• She also invited Eleana Glenmore without telling Rodrick until moments before she was to arrive.

• As well as sending a letter/invitation to Ludd to bring Ryon to the Funeral without informing Roderick or requesting permission to do so - she didn't even inform him she had done this until Ludd walked through the door

She never admits she has done anything wrong until she gets busted in the act. Therefore IMO, she is hiding things from her family so there is a reason not to trust her. If she isn't THE traitor, i think she's in league with them.

She hid the fact that she was sending for Asher from Ethan because she thought he might object.

• Even if Malcolm was on the council, he was already in Slaver's Bay when the conversation about Saving Ryon or Ousting Gryff took place, so there's no logical way for him to be the traitor. Interesting theory on Ortengryn being the Whitehill Maester brother though. But surely, Gwynn would know about that. If she was sincerely trying to help Rodrick, why only leak half of the intel?

MarteenPyro posted: »

Is Malcolm in the small council? If he is, then it's him... or "Ebbert Ortengryn Whitehill." Ebbert W. is at the citadel, and the maester i

• Watch Gwynn's face when you go to look at the Whitehill Family Tapestry, she's nervous about Roderick looking at it.

Wolf6120 posted: »

Even if Malcolm was on the council, he was already in Slaver's Bay when the conversation about Saving Ryon or Ousting Gryff took place, so t

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

am i the only one thinks grieff exuse for beating up the maester didnt made sense? he said he is disobeing him while he is lieing on the ground saying stuff like "im sorry my lord" thats not disobeing, he can be beating him up for refusing to tell forrester secrets or he felt like he is hiding something and he tried to beat the information out of him. probably he threatend him and beat him for information the entire time. i dont think the maester would actually be a traitor, i mean not the kind of traitor that TRIES and WANT to bring down the house.

• It's the maester.

• I think it's the woman in season five whose vocabulary is restricted to either "Confess" or "Shame!".

• If you listen to the dialogue, the reason that Gryff was beating up the maester was because the bite wound Talia gave Gryff's soldier last episode had begun to fester, meaning he could lose his hand. The maester tried to use a salve on it, but it didn't heal properly, which Gryff assumes is because the maester wasn't trying hard enough to help. That's what he meant by being disobedient.

clap-tp posted: »

am i the only one thinks grieff exuse for beating up the maester didnt made sense? he said he is disobeing him while he is lieing on the gro

• Either the mother or Talia. That's my guess.

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

still beating him on the ground is still too much even for gryff, he wouldnt beat rodrick if you stay on the ground and tell you can be lord as if you will know your place, so he will beat a maester trying to save his soldier?

If you listen to the dialogue, the reason that Gryff was beating up the maester was because the bite wound Talia gave Gryff's soldier last e

• edited June 2015

Pretty sure the Maester isn't a Whitehill, Gryff beats him up after all and his men support it, if the Maester was a older Whitehill he'd be in charge. Plus, Gryff says

'You'd have tried harder for a Forrester!', something no Whitehill would ever do.

MarteenPyro posted: »

Is Malcolm in the small council? If he is, then it's him... or "Ebbert Ortengryn Whitehill." Ebbert W. is at the citadel, and the maester i

• Maybe Duncan or Royland are the traitors, but when fighting broke out they went "Screw it, I'll not die a coward and a traitor.". If they were only leaking info to keep the peace and avoid loss of life, they probably figured any hope of that went out the window by that point, and gave up their deal with Ludd to die fighting.

That's what I was thinking, only couldn't put it into words. I'd appreciate it if the game would only drop subtle hints on who might be the traitor not factor out two of four (?) possible traitors in only one scene. If we had a bigger set of characters then it could also be something like indirect treason, e.g. Lady Forrester trusting her handmaiden with it, or Royland one of his soldiers. But it would come out of the blue since we don't know any peasantry or service people.

Wolf6120 posted: »

Whoever the traitor is, they're very likely doing either because they're forced to or because they think it's the best way to help Ironrath.

• Rodrik is a lord. Gryff couldn't beat him up further without there being possible reprisals with Ludd, or risking a potential uprising from the smallfolk at Ironrath. All he needed was for Rodrik to submit, because he Whitehills still need the Forresters. So, it's easier to take everything out on the maester, who's less important.

still beating him on the ground is still too much even for gryff, he wouldnt beat rodrick if you stay on the ground and tell you can be lord as if you will know your place, so he will beat a maester trying to save his soldier?

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

beating up rodrick will show better who is the "lord" of this house which is what gryff wanted to do, and he had his man protecting him the smallfolk cant do much. i feel like him beating the living shit out of the maester has more to it then the maester "not trying hard enough"

Rodrik is a lord. Gryff couldn't beat him up further without there being possible reprisals with Ludd, or risking a potential uprising from

• Yeah, 'not trying hard enough' to heal the soldier's hand, like Gryff said. If anything, the maester is Ludd's spy, not Gryff's. I doubt Gryff even knows his father has a traitor at Ironrath.

beating up rodrick will show better who is the "lord" of this house which is what gryff wanted to do, and he had his man protecting him the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.